Problems with the show

MajLorne

[1]Aug 1, 2011
    • level: 21

warning: I'm a bit biased in the sense I favor the 80s version more.

Starscream as an F16 makes him look too small. At least they should've made him like an f35 like Skyquake and make him look intimidating. Megatron is way too big. Soundwave should speak not 'stand there', he's also too small.

Aracnid is an interesting character, maybe to include a popular Beast Wars character? Though I must say when she fights Arcee, those are some pretty nice fights, as in they don't hold back.

I don't really like that they have some robots that have vehicle modes [only the stuntacons should have vehicle modes]. I think they should have the combaticons there.

For the autobots, why Bulkhead instead of Ironhide? What's the reason for the substitution? Also I really don't like how bulky he looks. It just looks weird. I hate bumblebee makes those beeping noise rather than to talk. That's one thing from the movies they should've changed. Let the little guy speak. Arcee is pretty interesting in losing a few partners. Another aspect that is interesting is that characters do die, pity it was Cliffjumper.

As for the humans, the youngest kid, eh tolerable as well as the other boy. However, the girl, please just get rid of her. She puts herself into so many dangerous situations that it would be best to let her die. She's like friggin Scrappy doo. Always head strong and getting into dangers she can't get out of.

Finally, I like how the tone of the show is darker and they focus on a smaller number of characters and there's a continuation of a storyline than the 80s where they would carry on the next episode as if the previous events never happened. I just hope there's an introduction of the combiners and super transformers like Omega supreme or Fort Max.

Edited on 08/08/2011 1:47am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bluecatcinema

[2]Aug 6, 2011
    • level: 61
    There's no character called Roadblock in this series. Do you mean Bulkhead?

MajLorne

[3]Aug 8, 2011
    Sorry, got the name mixed up with the GI Joe character. But what are your thoughts?

bluecatcinema

[4]Aug 8, 2011
    • level: 61
    I like it. It's got good characters, lots of references to past TF series, and an evolving plotline. I especially like how they're slowly building M.E.C.H into a real threat, with their "Project: Chimera".

MajLorne

[5]Aug 11, 2011
    Ok, fair enough. I still hope they give Starscream and Soundwave different forms. They just look weird being dwarfed by Megatron. I'm more used to seeing them being almost the same size.
    I also hope they either tone down the human girl or just get rid of her. I hate over perky characters that leads everyone else into dangerous situations.

OmegaForteGS

[6]Sep 16, 2011
    • level: 10
    The only thing that I hate thus far with the show, is the lack of constant showing.
    A break every 3-4 episodes is very annoying.

Either show half the season, break, other half
    Shot the entire season.
    or wait till the entire season is finished before airing it.

I'm so sick of american television doing it this way now >_>

ltcomstella

[7]Mar 18, 2012
    • level: 18

just seen part two of operation bumblebee spoilers

and i felt the direction of it was kinda lame kids won't mind but as a long term fan it's messed up a bit

can bee talk now with optimus's final words ?

will the mech bot that has starscreams t cog be evil ? could it of been good and against mech if it had kept bee's t cog ?

surely optimus could of saved bulk and got the hammer ?

guessing starscream will get a t cog back later on

Avearia

[8]Mar 27, 2012
    • level: 14

...You just named nearly all the things I LOVE about this show.

It has a good set of characters that are believable and they give them time to shine by not adding the Loads and Loads of characters that was in G1. It has a storyline that flows from episode to episode without being too complicated. It references the old shows and honors the Transformers legacy (unlike, say, the Michael Bay movies) and the dark tone not only adds to the high stakes and emotional factor, it also helps me truly believe the characters went through a planet-destroying war, rather than just a petty argument about who has more energon.

Also, I like how Megatron and Optimus are larger than their underlings/teammates; it makes them feel more imposing and physically stronger. They're leaders after all. Ditto for Soundwave--It's clear, by the end of Season 1, that the guy's a total powerhouse. Beware the quiet ones indeed.

Yeah, Miko can be annoying. But I find it odd that the one truly optimistic, 80-s style character (eager to fight, ideals of justice and good-guys-win mentality) is the one that ticks you off the most.

Oh, and I have a good word that Miko's going to actually learn some lessons here in season 2. Cross your fingers.

So anyway, I guess it's your choice to prefer the older cartoons over this one. I, however, don't see what the problem is...

EmmsGirl97

[9]Apr 6, 2012
    • level: 2
    The creators where going for a sort of "ninja" look when they made Soundwave, and I think they did it nicely; Soundwave is probably my favorite Decipticon.

ltcomstella

[10]Apr 8, 2012

the size difference is purely to invoke strength,

optimus and megatron are the biggest because they are 'leader' class

and scouts like bumblebee are mid sized for manuverability and can help in a fight

acree is a ninja class small agile and quite fast,

sound wave is a spy/intel gather/ sort of scout class

i too don't like bee beeping cos almost everytime raff translate..... akin to the blonde woman in sci fi shows repeating everything...

it does have some dark tones to it but it still caters for kids with the easy to follow plot

also the opening music theme is pure awesome i'm 30yr old and gives me chills with it's epicness

MajLorne

[11]Apr 13, 2012

Avearia wrote:

It has a good set of characters that are believable and they give them time to shine by not adding the Loads and Loads of characters that was in G1. It has a storyline that flows from episode to episode without being too complicated. It references the old shows and honors the Transformers legacy (unlike, say, the Michael Bay movies) and the dark tone not only adds to the high stakes and emotional factor, it also helps me truly believe the characters went through a planet-destroying war, rather than just a petty argument about who has more energon.

Also, I like how Megatron and Optimus are larger than their underlings/teammates; it makes them feel more imposing and physically stronger. They're leaders after all. Ditto for Soundwave--It's clear, by the end of Season 1, that the guy's a total powerhouse. Beware the quiet ones indeed.

Yeah, Miko can be annoying. But I find it odd that the one truly optimistic, 80-s style character (eager to fight, ideals of justice and good-guys-win mentality) is the one that ticks you off the most.

Oh, and I have a good word that Miko's going to actually learn some lessons here in season 2. Cross your fingers.

So anyway, I guess it's your choice to prefer the older cartoons over this one. I, however, don't see what the problem is...

I did say I liked some aspects of the show in my last paragraph. But I forgot to add this part to my other post about how the show's creators don't throw out 20 characters on each side all at once and it is easier to know fewer characters at a time. It's what made Beast Wars a good show - character developments. I also like the darker mood and a continuous storyline rather than a 'takeover the world' plot every episode. And yes Bay did everyone a disservice with those movies. Although the 3rd one was really good except the big 4 Decepticons were overshadowed by Sentinel Prime, that was unforgivable.

I can understand them making the leaders bigger, but at least make Starscream bigger than the 'skinny' guy he currently is. Dreadwing and Skyquake who are both supposed to be lower in rank are based on more advanced and bigger planes than Starscream is. I still wished they make Soundwave speak on his own rather than just replay other voices with his own synthesizer.

I generally don't like 'over eager' human characters. At least if it were the bots, they can back up the talk. When Miko does it, she puts others in danger. Imo, the less of her, the better.

To sum it up, I have some problems with the show, but I think it has potential. Past few episodes have been pretty good like 'Crossfire' and Nemesis Prime.

Edited on 04/13/2012 10:04pm

Avearia

[12]Apr 22, 2012
    • level: 14

MajLorne wrote:

Avearia wrote:

I did say I liked some aspects of the show in my last paragraph. But I forgot to add this part to my other post about how the show's creators don't throw out 20 characters on each side all at once and it is easier to know fewer characters at a time. It's what made Beast Wars a good show - character developments. I also like the darker mood and a continuous storyline rather than a 'takeover the world' plot every episode. And yes Bay did everyone a disservice with those movies. Although the 3rd one was really good except the big 4 Decepticons were overshadowed by Sentinel Prime, that was unforgivable.

I can understand them making the leaders bigger, but at least make Starscream bigger than the 'skinny' guy he currently is. Dreadwing and Skyquake who are both supposed to be lower in rank are based on more advanced and bigger planes than Starscream is. I still wished they make Soundwave speak on his own rather than just replay other voices with his own synthesizer.

I generally don't like 'over eager' human characters. At least if it were the bots, they can back up the talk. When Miko does it, she puts others in danger. Imo, the less of her, the better.

To sum it up, I have some problems with the show, but I think it has potential. Past few episodes have been pretty good like 'Crossfire' and Nemesis Prime.

Agreed. Though I've noticed for the 2nd season the writers are trying to keep Miko somewhat likeable. Most scenes with her have been her strong points: making funny conversation, rather than running out and getting everyone in danger. Hm.

I also heard a rumor that Soundwave is going to speak in season 2. Might be just a rumor though, but cross your fingers.

And, the recent episodes have been awesome indeed. Even the clip show was pretty high-quality... for a clip show. (It was still a clip show though.)

MajLorne

[13]Apr 24, 2012
    Yup, it's getting better. Poor Breakdown, it's gonna be freaky when Salias? uploads his mind into his body.

ltcomstella

[14]May 6, 2012

just watched tunnel vision

no sign of breakdown/silasbot

knockout got some much needed ass kicking, quite funny

miko has some choice words to say so haters beware !

superGas

[15]May 18, 2012
    • level: 4

I liactually liked how they made starscream.

That smaller look helps to show how sly and decieving he can really be.

And soundwave, its not that bad.

They HAVE to give bee a voice

Flashheat

[16]May 19, 2012
    • level: 13

I noticed it seems to be a running theme with recent Transformers series to make Starscream seemingly immortal and/or undefeatable in some way(Animated made him outright immortal, this one he has the Apex Armor that makes him virtually indestructible). While it works, it's starting to get a little...samey.

That said, I still enjoy Starscream in nearly every incarnation.

jwgrlrrajn

[17]Jun 24, 2012
    • level: 23
    Hey, now that Starscream has the Apex armor, people can't really complain about him being too small anymore, can they? lol

DavidPickles

[18]Sep 8, 2012
    • level: 7

star scream has no lost the apex armor but gained a small deposit of red energon

so methinks he's going to change it up soon

also silas/breakdown return in the human factor

MajLorne

[19]Sep 13, 2012

Well so much for that I hope he uses it to make himself bigger and to transform into a new plane mode. That's gonna be so interesting to see. I wonder if he's going to stay in 'robot' mode or if he'll transform. Poor breakdown, if only he'd knew what would've happened to his body, lol.

jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    Hey, now that Starscream has the Apex armor, people can't really complain about him being too small anymore, can they? lol
    Yes, he looks imposing, but I want him to be able to transform while in it and become larger than a skinny F16 fighter. At least throw us older fans a bone and make him into an F15.

=

As for Wheeljack, maybe it's me being a stickler for the 80s show, but he doesn't seem like the warrior type to me. He was always an inventor and if anyone, I think they should've made what Wheeljack is on this show Prowl. Wheeljack should've been a scientist type character that he used to be. That said, I like the rouge autobot storyline, but I still can't get past how radically different they made WJ.

Edited on 09/13/2012 9:59am

jwgrlrrajn

[20]Feb 18, 2013
    • level: 23
    To be honest, I actually kind of like Starscream's size in this. While he is a formidable fighter, he can't rely on brute strength alone, and his size shows that. In order to gain the advantage over his opponent, he has to use the "wiles of the devil," so to speak.

It also shows why he never directly challenges Megatron for leadership of the Decepticons. He knows he can't beat him in a fair fight, so he has to bide his time, playing the role of the humble servant while being the sniveling little weasel we all know and love.