Transformers

Enter the Nightbird

Aired Weekdays 8:00 PM Sep 30, 1985 on ABC Family

• Ninja Bot

There really isn't much to say about this episode other than I thought it was fun and it was a cool concept where for once we actually have a female Deceptacon robot. I really liked the design of Nightbird, and even loved the fact more that she was actually kicking butt using martial arts and ninjitsu tricks and tactics on all of the autobots which is why I couldn't help but feel Nightbird stole the show on the episode, hence the title.

But this episode even though it's fun it has a few problems that hold it back for me. One the ending, it was an openended suggestion that her character was going to come back but didn't, I'll admit I find that an annoying cliche in most shows, if your not going to bring a character back then don't do that kind of suggestion otherwise it's pointless. Either the character dies perminantly or converts to the otherside which is something I felt should of happened.

The fact that the Nightbird doesn't talk is a problem because it makes her not much of a character but more of a charachure, which is why I don't find her totally memorable. Let alone the fact she doesn't transform into anything.

Final problem is I can't help but feel this was another lost opportunity for the franshise having not just female deceptacons but also may'be even a line up of ninja and samurai Autobots and Deceptacons. But I guess that might be asking too much so whatever.

Overall it's a fun episode nothing really more or less.
HUB