Transformers Forums

ABC Family (ended 1987)

The Strongest: Optimus Prime vs Megatron

Who you think is the Strongest?

Max-01

[1]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 13
    Everybody that saw the G1 Transformers knows that Optimus Prime is much stronger than Megatron, but in the new Transformers like Armada, Energon and even in the 2007 film this thing changes. Maybe the people say something different but for me Optimus Prime is strongest than Megatron, what you say?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TelFan7

[2]Jul 6, 2007
    • level: 6

Max-01 wrote:
    Everybody that saw the G1 Transformers knows that Optimus Prime is much stronger than Megatron, but in the new Transformers like Armada, Energon and even in the 2007 film this thing changes. Maybe the people say something different but for me Optimus Prime is strongest than Megatron, what you say?

Who do you think is stronger, not strongest, stronger!! You need 3 or more for est, at 2 it's er.

In most movies and shows the villain is stronger, but the hero outsmarts them. It's been so long since I've seen G1 (the only version I watched entirely and liked, plus the 1986 movie) I don't remember if they depicted who's stronger between Ops and Megs, but if Ops won it would be to intelligence rather than brute strength I'd imagine. But I haven't seen it in years so I don't know or remember.

Max-01

[3]Jul 6, 2007

This topic is based in who is strongest, Optimus Prime or Megatron, and no other Transformer. If you saw the Trasformers G1, you should saw how Optimus Prime wins almost every fight against any Decepticon including Megatron, defeating them with brute force and a good techniquein the fights. In almost any encounter with Megatron, Optimus sends Megatron flying to the ground with only one punch, throw him down from a pyramid (or something similar) or ram Megatron over in his Truck mode. That´s the typical 80´s american series where the good guys are stronger, smarter, and faster then the bad guys. The only weak point of a hero like Optimus or other of another 80´s series is that they never play dirt or cheating, something that the bad guys do always. I remember very well that series.

Edited on 07/06/2007 1:06pm
    Edited 2 total times.

crazycanuck76

[4]Jul 7, 2007
    • level: 3
    Megatron

Shouryuas

[5]Jul 9, 2007
    • level: 4
    Brute Force, I have to give it to Megatron. Having a gun powered from a black hole is pretty nifty. Overall I always give it that Optimus Prime = Megatron, and are a lot better than any other normal transformers.
    Megatron is a warrior first, and incredibly strong....no slouch in intelligence either. Prime is not a warrior, but an amazing leader. Unmatched courage and won't ever give up. So it's damn close, but I won't ever choose one of the other.

I'm guessing you are referring to the movie as why you believe Prime is much much stronger than Megatron, but you have to remember Megatron was fighting for about 12hours before he fought Prime....understandable he wouldn't be at max.

Max-01

[6]Jul 9, 2007
    I mean the strongest, not the best armed. And you have to remember in almost ALL of their encounters Optimus beats easily Megatron.
    Edited on 07/09/2007 2:05pm
    Edited 2 total times.

TelFan7

[7]Jul 9, 2007
    Max-01 wrote:

This topic is based in who is strongest, Optimus Prime or Megatron, and no other Transformer. If you saw the Trasformers G1, you should saw how Optimus Prime wins almost every fight against any Decepticon including Megatron, defeating them with brute force and a good techniquein the fights. In almost any encounter with Megatron, Optimus sends Megatron flying to the ground with only one punch, throw him down from a pyramid (or something similar) or ram Megatron over in his Truck mode. That´s the typical 80´s american series where the good guys are stronger, smarter, and faster then the bad guys. The only weak point of a hero like Optimus or other of another 80´s series is that they never play dirt or cheating, something that the bad guys do always. I remember very well that series.

STRONGER, NOT STRONGEST, STRONGER!!! You need 3 or more for EST!! 2 is ER!!! GET IT???

TelFan7

[8]Jul 9, 2007
    Not "Who you think is the Strongest?", but "Who do you think is the Stronger?"!!! Remember est requires 3 or more, 2 is er.

Max-01

[9]Jul 10, 2007

I can´t understand you. Why you don´t write a little clearly?

SupermanNYC

[10]Jul 10, 2007
    • level: 45
    easy guys, there's no need for all this.

TelFan7

[11]Jul 10, 2007
    Max-01 wrote:

I can´t understand you. Why you don´t write a little clearly?

Are you the dumbest person here? What's the matter with you? I'm sure it's quite clear and plain to anyone here with intelligence.

Max-01

[12]Jul 10, 2007
    Take it easy, boy! You are who has been started all of this and I don´t going to waste my time with someone who don´t know to talk without shouting.
    Edited on 07/10/2007 3:49pm

TelFan7

[13]Jul 10, 2007

Max-01 wrote:
    Take it easy, boy! You are who has been started all of this and I don´t going to waste my time with someone who don´t know to talk without shouting.

In order to have a "strongest" or anything ending in "est" you need to have 3 or more choices.

1 = strong

2 = stronger

3 or more = strongest

Why can't you get this? Ops and Megs is two, so therefore it's: stronger, not strongest!! You'll need a third choice for strongest.

Max-01

[14]Jul 10, 2007
    And you think that´s important to me? I maded this topic to discuss who is strong-stronger-strongest of Optimus and Megatron, nothing more. So, why you can´t get it?
    Edited on 07/10/2007 4:29pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Shouryuas

[15]Jul 10, 2007
    I support The Strongest since we know any autobot/decepticon is secondary to Optimus Prime/Megatron.

TelFan7

[16]Jul 11, 2007

Max-01 wrote:
    And you think that´s important to me? I maded this topic to discuss who is strong-stronger-strongest of Optimus and Megatron, nothing more. So, why you can´t get it?

Why the _ can't you get the FACT that you need 3 or more for "strongest"? Ops and Megs = 2, so you can ONLY have "stronger"! Did you FLUNK English grammar (or whatever part of English explains this)??

So it's NOT I that DON'T get it, it's YOU!!!!

If someone else can EXPLAIN this to him in terms he can ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND please do so!! Thank you.

Edited on 07/11/2007 1:59am

Max-01

[17]Jul 11, 2007
    People, forget this guy and continue posting.

OsoSober

[18]Jul 12, 2007

in gun mode, megatron is far more powerful than prime, but however, he can not fire more than once with accurcy, unless held by another decepticon, (normally starscream) in robot mode, prime easily outmatches megatron in one on one battles, seen numerous times through the original series.

So i would hae to say that prime in the strongest of all the automonous robot lifeforms.

TelFan7

[19]Jul 12, 2007

Max-01 wrote:
    People, forget this guy and continue posting.

Clarification, are you saying just between Ops and Megs (in which case you'd be wrong) or all Transformers, as "Shouryuas" seems to be saying? If so, my bad.

Max-01

[20]Jul 12, 2007
    As the tittle says: Optimus Prime vs Megatron. They are the strongest of their factions, the other ones are secondary. This topic is maded to see who is the strongest.
    Edited on 07/12/2007 4:45am