Transformers Forums

ABC Family (ended 1987)

transformers 3- Dark of the Moon [possible spoilers]

MajLorne

[1]Jul 2, 2011
    • level: 21

Anyone still posting here?

Well, it is a step up over the 2nd movie, but there were some stuff I had issues with.

Pros:

-It seemed to be more like the "Countdown to Doom" arc and that was really neat.

-Megatron blasted poor ol' Abe at the Lincoln Memorial and sat in the seat - ala "Atlantis, Arise!"

-Sentinel Prime being the main villain and of course the warped 'Spock logic' [since Leonard Nimoy did the voicing] when describing earth and Cybertron to Optimus.

-As usual, visuals kicks butt!

-The 'twins' from the 2nd movie aren't in it and Sam's parents are in a few scenes and aren't major players in the end.

Cons:

-Another Autobot dies, it's Ironhide

-Soundwave [didn't speak much english, just more decepticon garble], Shockwave [no voice synthesizer and turns into a car?], Starscream [isn't out for just himself and dies from a human], Megatron [transforms into a truck?, that could've been the combaticon Onslaught] were all underused and wasted.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KingofIPirates

[2]Jul 3, 2011
    • level: 32
    While it was a slight improvement from the previous movie, it was still similar to the garbled, jumbled, incoherent mess of a plot that was Transformers 2. Much of the characters were also far too over the top to the point that some of their exclamations got downright silly.

MajLorne

[3]Jul 3, 2011
    • level: 21
    I agree. The decepticons were wasted and could've been done better [and speak in english!]. The endless army of unknowns is just dumb and confusing. I get they wanted to focus on a handful of characters, but how about a little idea on who the other characters were?

I didn't like the design of Q/aka Wheeljack, and was disappointed he was executed in cold 'blood' like that.