Transformers Forums

ABC Family (ended 1987)

Wich autobot leader do you prefer? Optimus Prime or Rodimus Prime?

cybertron22

[1]Oct 27, 2006
    • level: 7
    Iiked Optimus much better than Rodimus because he was a great leader. But the one thing that made me angry was that Optimus was killed of in the movie and was replaced by Rodimus Prime. But one good thing was that Optimus was brought back in the season 3 finale ''The Return of Optimus Prime''.
    Edited on 10/28/2006 5:33am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

levister16

[2]Nov 4, 2006
    • level: 13
    thats what i hate about youll optimus prime lovers rodimus prime was a great leader ok it was hot rods faught that optimus prime got killed  ok optimus prime saw magatron reach for the gun the why he died is because he knew that hot rod had potental and that he would become rodimus prime and lead the autobots more than he could have because optimus knew he was dieng for one he got  hurt too many times  by davestator and other deceptocons even megatron a hole bunch of times so optimus couldnt fight any more nore did he have any fight in him in the  movie so i wounder why they even bother brouhgt him back in season 3 and 4 but i like when they killed him off  in g1 japan headmasters because face it  every body is sick of hering his name optimus optimus heck i i am sick of  it  too i was glad he was killed in the movie and replaced by rodimus prime

dukejjredick4

[3]Dec 20, 2006
    • level: 1
    so u r saying that the yellow car, hot shot became leader? how did he turned to red. idk because i don't watch transformers much

SupermanNYC

[4]Dec 20, 2006
    • level: 45
    I gotta go with Optimus

sh811a

[5]Dec 20, 2006
    • level: 28
    Even though Rodomus Prime was a pritty good character he just wasn't the same he just could never measure up to his predecessor, Optimus Prime came first in my book and will always be the best, that guy just always had a sense of strong leading presence, a cowboy authoritarian like voice, able to kick any decepticons but no mater who they are or how many, and like most fans I felt rather sad that Optimus died in the movie, all because Megatron as usual used dirty and rather cowardly tactics to win (jerk).  Well you get the point, Optimus Prime will remain my favorate and the best till the day I die.

cybertron22

[7]Dec 22, 2006
    • level: 7
    I truly agree with you.

dukejjredick4

[8]Dec 23, 2006
    cybertron22 wrote:
    Iiked Optimus much better than Rodimus because he was a great leader. But the one thing that made me angry was that Optimus was killed of in the movie and was replaced by Rodimus Prime. But one good thing was that Optimus was brought back in the season 3 finale ''The Return of Optimus Prime''.

can anyone tell me who is Rodimus Prime?

Llaffer

[9]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 8

Rodimus Prime was Hot Rod (which was always a red car) before he received the Matrix of Leadership (which happened during Transformers: The Movie).

When I was a kid, I never liked Rodimus.  Lost interest in the show until the end when Optimus was restored.

Looking back at the old episodes from the DVDs now that I'm older, I have more of an understanding of what Rodimus was going through.  He never wanted to be a leader, but when it became crunch time, he pulled through.

I still like Optimus better, but have a new found respect for Rodimus's character as well.

enervator

[10]Jan 6, 2007
    • level: 38
    Llaffer wrote:

Rodimus Prime was Hot Rod (which was always a red car) before he received the Matrix of Leadership (which happened during Transformers: The Movie).

When I was a kid, I never liked Rodimus.  Lost interest in the show until the end when Optimus was restored.

Looking back at the old episodes from the DVDs now that I'm older, I have more of an understanding of what Rodimus was going through.  He never wanted to be a leader, but when it became crunch time, he pulled through.

I still like Optimus better, but have a new found respect for Rodimus's character as well.

Yes, as an adult who is in a leadership position, I have found a great amount of empathy for Rodimus, especially after rewatching episodes like "The Burden Hardest to Bear."  I think many, including me, have judged him too harshly.  I'd still go with Optimus as the better leader, but one certainly needs to remember that he had already had a great deal of experience as leader when we first met him, as opposed to Rodimus.  If we were to see the early days of Optimus's reign as Autobot leader, it's likely he had many of the same problems as his successor.

Clockerevac12

[11]Jan 7, 2007
    • level: 10
    I Liked both but Rodimus as much Optimus

OptimusShr

[12]Jan 13, 2007
    Personally my favorite is Optimus as my screen name no doubt says. However I respect Rodimus for doing his best after being thrust into a position into which he had little or no experience.

Strid500er

[13]Jan 20, 2007
    • level: 4
    Optimus Prime. No question here.

pacojonezl40

[14]Jan 23, 2007
    • level: 21
    Defiantly Optimus Prime

seenoong

[15]Jan 27, 2007
    I loved Rodimus Prime and always will. From the first time his character, Hot Rod, appeared in Transformers: The Movie, I just have the feeling that this character will do great things to come. And it was proven that he later became the next Autobot leader. Optimus Prime is great and people will always remember him the most because heck, he was the first Autobot leader and he got so much screen time (throughout Season 1 and 2) and when the audiences first watched this series, Optimus Prime has already so much experiences in leading the Autobots whereas Rodimus Prime is still so fresh. I don't understand why people judged him so harshly. For all those Rodimus haters out there, give him a break. If you were suddenly thrust with an important position, how would you have handled the situation? Rodimus Prime did his best to lead the Autobots. At least he was stronger than Ultra Magnus (in the 1986 movie) who could not even unleashed the power of the Matrix. Don't get me wrong, I liked all the characters of Transformers even some Decepticons and I like Optimus Prime very much too but I actually got sicked of him after watching him throughout season 1 and 2 (and I was only about 8 or 9 years old at that time). So I was more than prepared for a fresh change when Transformers: The Movie came. I regret that some fanatics could not receive a fresh change like a new leader but like in real life, change is inenvitable and sometimes you just have to accept it. Optimus Prime will always have a special place in my heart but Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime takes precedence.

seenoong

[16]Jan 27, 2007
    hot rod became Rodimus Prime after he possessed the Matrix. Not hot shot (wherever you got that name!)

trex527

[17]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 2
    Like someone had mentioned early,I couldn't stand Rodimus Prime back in the day but when I got the transformers season 3 set and watched them over again I have grown to respect the character more.I still have to go with Optimus more on this one.

armadaG1

[18]Feb 11, 2007
    • level: 2

Clockerevac12 wrote:
    I Liked both but Rodimus as much Optimus

same but i like rodimus in truck modebetter than optimus in truck mode, also i like prime in robot mode better, Optimus said there'll be an autobot who rises from our ranks but it wasn't rodimus.Prime entered his dreams and told him he wasn't a better leader than him.I likerodimus but optimus is clearly a better leader

Edited on 02/11/2007 2:01pm

TelFan7

[19]Jun 30, 2007
    • level: 6
    Optimus Prime!!!

airboygt

[20]Jul 3, 2007
    OPTIMUS PRIME.

There can be no greater leader. He embodies everything a good leader should have: Bravery, Justice, Compassion, Resourcefulness, Strength, Wiseness, and an unbreakable spirit that was the very backbone of the Autobots.

Plus, he fought Grimlock, Slag, and Sludge to a standstill, I don't think Rodimus would last 30 seconds against the Dinobots.