Transformers

The Rebirth (2)

Aired Weekdays 8:00 PM Nov 10, 1987 on ABC Family

• Really confusing and stupid!

3.5
    Remember my review of Part 1? Good, let's continue on with why "The Rebirth" is the worst Transformers story ever!

The Headmasters are more powerful than regular Autobots, and now they easily get their friends back and release the captured Autobots. Victorious they also steal Galvatron's ship, and plan to take the key back to Cybertron. Meanwhile, things get worse for the Decepticons...or maybe better...

Back on Cybertron, Prime is getting answers using the Matrix and Vector Sigma right in front of Ultra Magnus, because Magnus is useless and can't handle the Matrix. He finds out that Vector Sigma allowed Galvatron to steal the key and this is fate. Alpha Trion tells him to never question Vector Sigma. Prime feels forsaken. While he's unconscious, Magnus steals his wallet.

The Decepticons are captured in the world's largest crane game, and I would love any logical reason why there's already Decepticon symbols inside the Hive's base. Lord Zarak wants a new body as do his buddies. I guess if I were cross-eyed as Zarak is I'd want two working eyes, too. The Decepticons are forced to become Headmasters, or at least only the animals since they won't miss their heads, anyway. Cyclonus, Scourge, and the new jets are given the option of giving up their weapons instead.

If you ask me, one of the Hive members looks like Kranix of "The Transformers: The Movie" fame, alive and well, and now working for the Hive. I guess the Sharkticons didn't eat him after all...The new Decepticons kick the Autobots butts with Decepticon Targetmasters, so the Autobots retaliate - with Autobot Targetmasters, of course!!! By this time, this back and forth modification battle is getting stale. Optimus Prime lands on Nebulos, and has left Ultra Magnus in charge on Cybertron, which means that the Autobots are getting whupped. Prime's arrival causes the Autobots to win the battle, but Zarak creates Scorponok and gets the key...and to think there's one more part to this episode...but I'll get to it in my next review.