Transformers

The Return of Optimus Prime (1)

Aired Weekdays 8:00 PM Feb 24, 1987 on ABC Family

• Prime Resurection

I'll be honest "Transformers the Movie" was the first movie I cried to simply because my favorate character Optimus Prime died, I never thought it could happen but it did; it just went to show that even heroes are people too they can bleed and die as well.

This two parter was a big supprise to me because this was something I also didn't think would happen, actually bringing a deceised character back to life. I wouldn't say this movie is really anything new, it's been done in comic book series. It's a good move because it's practically breathing new life and making something old new again.

The plot I thought was good if by it's nature a maguffin, the hate virus sort of reminded me of the rage virus in the horror movie "28 Days Latter" since it's simply on a virus that turns people into rabid killers.

This episode is a set up as well as a build up to Prime's return. I really liked the sense of dread you felt as the sittuation with the virus got worse, it made me wonder if the autobots can really win as we saw each of them one by one was getting infected. And I'll never forget the final minutes when I saw Optimus come back to life and say that quote in the end, I cheered; welcome back Optimus Prime.
HUB