A Transparent Community
Amazon Instant Video

HELTER SKELTER

... NBC doesn't need to see pilot episodes to make decisions any more because NBC is just throwing darts at a corkboard with TV shows anyway. The network has ordered Aquarius straight to series, buying 13 episodes of the 1960s-set drama and labeling it as an "event series," which is fancy talk for miniseries. David Duchovny will star as a detective who investigates some guy named Charlie Manson. It's The Following meets Mad Men! [NBC via press release]

BUSINESS TIME

... The Walking Dead finally finished off its lumbering fourth season last night, and you know what that means: a new ratings record! 15.7 million viewers tuned in, with 10.2 million of those in the 18-49 demographic. Both numbers are series bests for a Walking Dead finale, and that's great, but the show still has room to improve: Its largest audience to date was 16.1 million viewers for the Season 4 premiere. [AMC via press release]

... Attention middling celebrities! TVGN (TV Guide Network) is here to help you. The channel is adding to its programming slate the easy way: by putting cameras on YOU. Following its recent order of the Alan Thicke reality series Unusually Thicke, TVGN has found a whole new bottom of the barrel with The Sorrentinos. As in Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino. It's going to be a family affair as cameras follow the former Jersey Shore star and his clan while Mike tries to find fame and sobriety. [TVGN via press release]

... Chelsea Handler's Chelsea Lately is saying goodbye to the E! Network, but you aren't getting rid of its late-night host that easily. Handler is leaving the channel when her contract expires at the end of the year with the hope of taking her talents to another network. Might I suggest somewhere really, really far away from the rest of us? (P.S. I do not care for Chelsea Handler.) [THR]

... Amazon has ordered a second season of Alpha House, its first original comedy. The series stars John Goodman as one of four Republican senators who live together as roommates in Washington, D.C. The online-retailer-turned-media-company also confirmed the pickups of new series Transparent, The After, Mozart in the Jungle, and Bosch, as well as the pickups of two childrens series, Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street and Wishenpoof. There's no word on a second season of Betas however, so if you see it looking sad at a party, maybe it's best not to strike up a conversation about Amazon. [Amazon via press release]

... SpikeTV has ordered a 16-episode fifth season of its reality series Ink Master. The show follows tattoo artists as they compete for 100 grand and is hosted by Dave Navarro. [Variety]

CASTING NEWS

... Vic Mackey is joining the circus! Former The Shield star Michael Chiklis has been cast in American Horror Story's fourth season, which is subtitled Freak Show and set in 1950s Florida, with Jessica Lange playing the manager of the country's last remaining freak show. [THR]

... The Voice has filled the giant hole in its judges panel left by CeeLo Green's departure with one happyyyyyyyy dude. Pharrell Williams, the man behind that annoyingly contagious Despicable Me 2 song "Happy," will join Season 7 of NBC's singing show as a mentor. Pharrell is the first judge to be announced for the show's fall cycle; Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton, and Adam Levine have yet to confirm their returns, but come on, what else is Shelton gonna do? [NBC via press release]

... The Killing has cast Linden's mother for its fourth and final season on Netflix. Actress Frances Fisher (who is currently doing a lot of crying on Resurrection) will recur as the mother of Mireille Enos's detective character. Netflix has not yet announced a Season 4 premiere date. [TV Line]

... Richard Dreyfuss has joined the TBS comedy pilot Your Family or Mine. The series follows a married couple and their families and has a nifty format: the episodes will alternate between focusing on the bride's family and the groom's family. [Deadline Hollywood]

... Twilight's Patrick Brennan is pulling the shades down on S.H.I.E.L.D. The actor will play Marcus Daniels, who eventually becomes the energy-sucking villain Blackout. Brennan will make his debut in the series' 18th episode, which is scheduled to air later this month. [Marvel]

... Scandal's Josh Molina will stop by CBS's upcoming Extant in a guest role. Malina will play a doctor who gives Halle Berry's character some bad news: that I'm married! Sorry, Halle. Stop calling me. [E! Online]

... Royal Pains is going real Farr to book its next guest star: Numb3rs' Diane Farr will a drop by an episode in the show's upcoming fourth season, playing a private investigator whose work is hampered by a mysterious disease. I hope there's a doctor on the show to save her! [TV Guide]

... IFC's Comedy Bang! Bang! has announced the guest-stars who will drop by the upcoming third season of the outta-this-world fake talk show, and there are a ton of them so I will just mention my favorites in order of how excited I am to see them on Comedy Bang! Bang! from mostest to leastest: Bob Odenkirk, Paul F. Tompkins, Zach Galifianakis, Patton Oswalt, Matt Walsh, Adam Pally, Alison Brie and Lizzy Caplan (tie), Paul Scheer, and Ben Schwartz.  [IFC via press release]

... The Walking Dead may've just finished its fourth season, but it's already making decisions for its fifth. A trio of actors have been bumped up to series regular status: Alana Masterson (Tara), Christian Serratos (Rosita), and Andrew J. West (Terminus Welcome Wagon member Gareth) will all see their workloads increased next season, which is a shame because I want their characters to die horrible deaths as soon as possible. [Deadline Hollywood]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/26/2014

Season 1 : Episode 10

34 Comments
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    The Amazing Race 25 All or Nothing
    NEW
    CBS
  •  
    Caught on Camera With Nick Cannon Viral