Trauma Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

NBC Cancels 'Trauma

kopeckee

[1]Oct 30, 2009
    • level: 20

Just a month after the show's premiere, NBC is pulling the plug on its new medical series 'Trauma,' according to the The Hollywood Reporter. The network will still air all 13 episodes of the drama, which featured a team of paramedics working in San Francisco. 'Trauma' has been following NBC's once-promising 'Heroes,' averaging around 5.5 million viewers per week.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

krussell47

[2]Nov 2, 2009
    • level: 12
    Sucks but I guess it was inevitable. NBC obviously cares more about garbage like "The Jay Leno Show" than it does about great scripted shows like "Trauma" and "Southland."

Stitllams

[3]Nov 2, 2009
    • level: 6

And here was me thinking this show was obviously going to be staying around since it was so damn good.

I forgot to take into account the idiots who decide what show stays and what show goes.

The only thing they are worried about is lining their pockets with lots of cash, anything less is not acceptable, they should be politicians, lol maybe they are.

LanderHaasken

[4]Nov 3, 2009
    • level: 5
    Sad indeed, Trauma was the only new show this year that I actually enjoyed. I am disappointed NBC decided to order more episodes of their other poorly rated show Mercy instead of this.

msmruthbarker

[5]Nov 3, 2009
    • level: 1
    That's really messed up.I looked forward to watching Trauma every week,especially after Southland was cancelled. NBC always does something stupid when they have a good show. May a better network will pick up Trauma like TNT picked up Southland.They are smart, unlike NBC.

Becky1985

[6]Nov 3, 2009
    • level: 6
    Stitllams wrote:

And here was me thinking this show was obviously going to be staying around since it was so damn good.

I forgot to take into account the idiots who decide what show stays and what show goes.

The only thing they are worried about is lining their pockets with lots of cash, anything less is not acceptable, they should be politicians, lol maybe they are.

You are so right! This show is different and very very good. Ok, maybe it's not about anyone with powers or Vampires - SO WHAT!!

This show at least deals with real people and real problems....

It's really sad that they canceled Trauma.. I wish there was something we could do?!

RhondaHartHead

[7]Nov 3, 2009

This really sucks!!!!! You finally have a really good show on and drop it. Sometimes I really hate the powers that be who decide what "they think" people want to watch on TV. This show is better than ER or Chicago Hope. It is a little more realistic. It grabs you right from the beginning. It sure beats the heck out of all of the awful reality shows that have been on TV for the past several years.

joobeez

[8]Nov 4, 2009

I am sorry to disagree but every week i watched Trauma and waited for something new or different to the usual medical drama. Cut to a person about to have an accident suddenly they have an accident, an ambulance races to the scene. They need an airlift. In flies Rabbit. Cue machismo. They go to hospital. Move on.

Mercy is hardly better but at least there is more human interest and realationshjiop stuff. The best medical show this year is of course Nurse Jackie which looks to have been carbon copied minus the heart in Mercy. Bring on a good medical drama!!

zitzitta

[9]Nov 4, 2009
    • level: 8
    joobeez wrote:

I am sorry to disagree but every week i watched Trauma and waited for something new or different to the usual medical drama. Cut to a person about to have an accident suddenly they have an accident, an ambulance races to the scene. They need an airlift. In flies Rabbit. Cue machismo. They go to hospital. Move on.

Mercy is hardly better but at least there is more human interest and realationshjiop stuff. The best medical show this year is of course Nurse Jackie which looks to have been carbon copied minus the heart in Mercy. Bring on a good medical drama!!

Have you been watching the same show we have? If that's so, you can't say that there weren't enough human interest stories to suit anyone's tastes. And lots of drama! Take last episode, for instance. Bad decisions are spreading like a virus at TV headquarters: why don't they look for a vaccine, and spare us the aggravation?

justinwestnet

[10]Nov 4, 2009
    • level: 17
    joobeez wrote:

I agree! It had potential and was one of 2 new shows coming out this year I wanted to like...but every episode is just like you described. Some freak accident, ambulance races, witty remarks by rabbit or nancy, day saved. Yea there was some character development, but each episode was the exact same as the previous one. No cool new plots, no continuity, nothing. Just random, absurd accidents followed by saving the patient. Since the show is as good as dead, I am calling this one in and not tuning in anymore. Oh well.

bgbill

[11]Nov 4, 2009
    • level: 7
    There's plenty of interaction and human interest! Are you sure you've been paying attention? A reeeeeeeeeealy good show is presented to us and they snatch it away. Sheesh! Just when you thought it was safe to get interested in a good drama again. This show has it all and they're taking it away. Don't watch reality shows because they mostly arent real. They are contrived. What makes them real? NBC keeps on this trend their Logo will stand for Nuttin'ButCrap. Next thing you know they will cancel all the Law & Orders in one fell swoop.

writergirl06

[12]Nov 5, 2009
    • level: 10
    krussell47 wrote:
    great scripted shows like "Trauma" and "Southland."

Were we watching the same show? I thought it was only a matter of time before it was canceled.

fabtrick

[13]Nov 5, 2009
    • level: 2
    This is another disasterous mistake by the boobs at NBC. It's probably expensive as hell to do the show, which is why they are so quick to cancel it. I really dig the show, and the characters clicked with me immediately. I wish TNT would pick this up too!

iluvmycats64

[14]Nov 6, 2009
    i am sad to see trauma go. but wth all the new medical shows this season that a good one had to be a casuality. so chuck is going to replaced it

DreamCruise

[15]Nov 6, 2009
    • level: 13
    fabtrick wrote:
    This is another disasterous mistake by the boobs at NBC. It's probably expensive as hell to do the show, which is why they are so quick to cancel it. I really dig the show, and the characters clicked with me immediately. I wish TNT would pick this up too!
    My thoughts too. It's never safe to like anything on NBC, but I guess that goes for any show on network TV, cable is safer. That would be great if TNT picked it up.

mimisc2009

[16]Nov 7, 2009
    • level: 9
    Too bad, I was begining to love this show. Yah, it's not the best show around but it's watchably plus has some potential to be brilliant. It seems like they're cancelling all the shows I like and keeping all the rubbish.

akapril

[17]Nov 7, 2009
    I, too, felt Trauma was the one new show worth watching, and looked forward to it, every week. A devoted Dancing with the Stars fan, it was good enough to take me AWAY from DWTS! I only watched Mercy once or twice and found it dull and uninteresting. Trauma has a GREAT ensemble cast of captivating characters in exciting 'must-watch' situations. Maybe NBC will reconsider?

pgsuperfan

[18]Nov 10, 2009
    • level: 25
    looks like another show for TNT to pick up lol wish they would cancel Leno I heard that Law and Order may get the axe too !!!

pgsuperfan

[19]Nov 17, 2009
    • level: 25
    Last nights was really good with the rescue at sea wish NBC would it a chance

JillHolst

[20]Nov 18, 2009
    R THEY ABSOLUTLY CRAZY????? THIS WAS THE BEST SHOW ON TELEVISION.