We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Traveler Forums

ABC (ended 2007)

This is what I think happened to Traveler

Sagitariusbri86

[1]Sep 16, 2007
    • level: 14
    I feel Traveler is a show that is to close to home meaning the terrorist plot and the government involvement so I'm thinking ABC was forced to end this show not because of ratings but because of the type of show it was and the attention the show had and this is just my opinion but maybe the government don't want such a show on TV while we are at war. So tell me what ya'll think???, I enjoyed this show and did the petetion thing but I don't see this show returning even though I really want to know what happened.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SoylentYellow

[2]Sep 17, 2007
    • level: 21

Sagitariusbri86 wrote:
    I feel Traveler is a show that is to close to home meaning the terrorist plot and the government involvement so I'm thinking ABC was forced to end this show not because of ratings but because of the type of show it was and the attention the show had and this is just my opinion but maybe the government don't want such a show on TV while we are at war. So tell me what ya'll think???, I enjoyed this show and did the petetion thing but I don't see this show returning even though I really want to know what happened.

The ratings were very poor for a network show. Though airing it during the Summer pretty much made that a near certainty.

Government conspiracy? Doubt that. If they wanted the show dead, they would have made sure it never aired. Some people came up with similar theories regarding JERICHO because the ring leader behind those bombings was part of the Department of Homeland Security. In that case, it was slightly more believable considering the show had nearly 8 million viewers at its low point and 11 million at its peak. Though the very ideaof "The Government" meeting in some smoke filled roomis behind the cancellation of TV shows is unrealistic ---can you imagine the scandal when network execs revealed such a plot?

If "The Government" cancelled anything it would be shows like "The Daily Show" which constantly mocks and bashes the government - along with almost any talk show on MSNBC or Bill Maher's show on HBO.

TRAVELER died because it was poorly handled by ABC - the same incompetent network that killed off INVASION last year. TRAVELER should have been a Fall 2007 show. It was clear ABC execs really didnt like the show and made the decision to burn it off during the summer. It did havea troubled start as much of the first episodes were reshot. Id like to see some other network, like TNT, pick it up - but its a long shot. 8 episodes are enough to generate a large following.

Sagitariusbri86

[3]Sep 17, 2007
    • level: 14

I agree with you, you made some great points I just was throwing ideas out there...ABC network is really terriable network to start a show anyway.

SoylentYellow wrote:

Sagitariusbri86 wrote:

The ratings were very poor for a network show. Though airing it during the Summer pretty much made that a near certainty.

Government conspiracy? Doubt that. If they wanted the show dead, they would have made sure it never aired. Some people came up with similar theories regarding JERICHO because the ring leader behind those bombings was part of the Department of Homeland Security. In that case, it was slightly more believable considering the show had nearly 8 million viewers at its low point and 11 million at its peak. Though the very ideaof "The Government" meeting in some smoke filled roomis behind the cancellation of TV shows is unrealistic ---can you imagine the scandal when network execs revealed such a plot?

If "The Government" cancelled anything it would be shows like "The Daily Show" which constantly mocks and bashes the government - along with almost any talk show on MSNBC or Bill Maher's show on HBO.

TRAVELER died because it was poorly handled by ABC - the same incompetent network that killed off INVASION last year. TRAVELER should have been a Fall 2007 show. It was clear ABC execs really didnt like the show and made the decision to burn it off during the summer. It did havea troubled start as much of the first episodes were reshot. Id like to see some other network, like TNT, pick it up - but its a long shot. 8 episodes are enough to generate a large following.

JLM4285

[4]Sep 17, 2007
    • level: 7
    I agree with SoylentYellow. ABC was the reason that Traveler failed. I could understand why people wouldn't want it to be shown because of the government conspiracy, but if that was the reason behind it, I would think The Bourne Ultimatum wouldn't be showing as well. I'm guessing we all know how huge a success that movie is. Seeing the success of the Bourne trilogy makes me think that Traveler would have done quite well if it was given a fair chance to succeed since the two are similar.

benchervin

[5]Sep 19, 2007
    • level: 9
    They aired this show during the summer. That means, like me, most people didn't know this show existed. If they had started it in September like a normal season, the ratings would be up. I didn't know this show existed until about 5 minutes ago, and now it is Sept 19, 2007, weeks after it ended.

imkate4lyf

[6]Jan 3, 2008
    • level: 8
    I think it was more about the ratings.. i can say im sad that its unlikly to come back but i think you do have a small point..

I mean the goverment minght not want anyone getting ideas from the show.. and i think that they could possibly want people to not think that a conspirisy could ever happen and this show not makes it look like it could happen but it makes it quite beleivable that there could be something like this out there and it could be possible that not all decisions are made by the goverment!

36th_Phantom

[7]Nov 26, 2008
    • level: 9
    no conspiracy her, only poor ratings! i miss it so much