Traveler

ABC (ended 2007)

Traveler Fan Reviews (106)

• Traveler!! is awsom

This show is action packed with something for everyone. Its funny and keeps you on the edge of your seat! I love it! I think it should have another season Because you cant beat it. The whole conspirisy seems unbeleivable but the way the show acts out makes it not only realistic but very beleivable sometimes. It has slot of suprises not to mention a great cast, experienced Director and a great Producer! it the only show worth watching thats on tv richt now. But its a shame that they are not thinking of bringing it back for a second season because they should it has been a hit in many contreys and there is no other word to describe this movie other than PERFECT!
  • Pretty much a Prison Break styled show but done much much better and therefore cancelled before it had a chance to develop further.

The show's start was delayed and pushed into the summer which was a shame but did mean it was up against limited competition for newer shows.

The show follows two college room mates as they seek to descover why the other college student they shared a house with set them up for a terrorist attack. All this whilst they themselves are on the run from the FBI for the said attack.

Revelations come pretty freely through the season but also open up more and more questions. Questions that ultimately won't get answered on the screen (the creators have revealed what they had planned for the future of the show since it's cancellation). The good though is we do get an answer for who Will Traveller is.
  • A huge man-hunt show, fortunantely without an amazing and exciting Season 1 behind (as Prison Break had).

First of all, I discovered this show by accident. I was at home in a Sunday afternoon, with nothing to do when the Pilot episode has showed here in Portugal. They shown us the first three episodes in a row and I saw them without breaks.

This show reminds me about Prison Break's Season 2... A huge man-hunt show, fortunantely without an amazing and exciting Season 1 behind (as Prison Break had), and for that reason without any disapointments. (I liked the Second Season of Prison Break, but sorry to say, disapointed me a bit!! I loved the first one).

Bring Us the remaing series :D
  • Writer's Strike hits again...

Yet another show that had GREAT potential, had me waiting each week to watch - and then, poof, it disappeared. Same with SSSOOO many shows that had such tremendous potential, but lost momentum, cast and crew HAD to find work elsewhere once THE STRIKE happened, and it was never able to gain the audience it possibly could have. As someone who is involved with The Arts, I DO understand and fully agree with the Writers and the their Strike. Sadly, what they had hoped to gain did not come about, and they will not be getting the revenues from DVD sales that they should, among other items on their list. Sadly, it also effected a HUGE number of shows either in production or about to go into production, both on TV and the Big Screen, that the impact has damaged one of my favorite genres the most - the SCI-FI / FANTASY genre, which has ALWAYS had a hard time garnering the foot hold it needs to keep good shows going until they gain their footing and get over the first season hump. This show is yet one more example of that, and one I had forgotten about until seeing it on the list just now.
  • Should never have been canned.

This show was excellent entertainment from start to finish. Pity it had to be cut down from 13 to 8 episodes, but boy did they have me hooked each week. The thrill of the chase was great, even though we were backing the guys to get away. I was really dissapointed by the lack of effort to promote this show by ABC, if it was done right it could have run for a good while. I would love some network to bring this back to tv ASAP. It deserved far better respect from ABC, respect the fans gave to the show despite knowing it was canned already.
  • Fun show wish it wasn't canceled

Unfortunately, I first saw this show shortly after it was canceled, which was unfortunate. Not that I bring considerable ratings with me but I think that if more people had seen it earlier then it could have worked I don't think a ton of people knew about this show and again I could be wrong. The plot was very interesting and moved at a high pace showing the development of the two main characters during their time on the run from everyone. It's premise was similar to Prison Break in a way because they are running from the government and a group of people that are trying to frame and kill them. I wish this show was given a chance to develop more because I was very interested to see what would happen in the future for the characters. But that will unfortunately never happen.
  • A show about two college friends framed for a bombing, and a third friend is mixed up in it. So as they run from the FBI, they try to find their friend and save themselves.

At first the premise didn't interest me, but I'd heard it was a good show, and I like Aaron Stanford (X-Men movies), so I gave it a shot! Gripping action scenes, well-acted scenes, realistic diaglogue, and a mix of fleshed-out characters made for an excellent drama in the midst of mindless dribble. There were the obligatory twists and turns, and moments that tested your nerves. There wasn't a character on there I didn't like (as in annoying or not well acted). Traveler is definitely one show that was cancelled WAY before it's time. If any show deserves a second chance, it's this one. I say- BRING IT BACK!
  • This is a great show that never really had time to get very popular and gain a large audience.

Lots of people have seen this show but the fact is it only ran for eight episodes not letting it come out of the shell for more people to watch. The show revolves around two friends who are framed for the bombing of a large building, and must be on the run, but they were framed. The show for what did air, was very good and had action, suspence, and surprising things happened. For what ever reason they cancelled it, they should have not, they show never got time to gain a large audience, but I really enjoyed the show.
  • they got to bring this show back.Traveler is one my favorite shows.

why why!please bring it back. it was one of my favorite shows.Abc should bring traveler back.at least they can show us that the Freed died.traveler is realy one of my favorite shows and I cant just tell my friends that my favorite show has ended without an end.Its also hard to write reviews when its minimum 100 words.The show must go on.Its really hard to understand that why they really ended the show.It has hýgh ratings,It was different from the other series.best thing to do is bringing the Traveler back to our t.v.'s.I was thinkig of what is this before,but now I can say that those 8 episodes were in my "definetly best 100 episodes in the world" list
  • Great action/adventure show with mystery thrown in. Perfect show for the summer! Why did it have to be canceled?

I remember when I saw the promos for this show before the summer of 2007. I could tell that it would be a really great show because I remember seeing the van blow up, and any show with an explosion has got to be good. I watched the pilot and fell in love with the show; it was going to be my new best friend for the summer. It had elements of two of my favorite shows, "Prison Break" (the company in PB is like the people behind Will in "Traveler"), and "Lost" (Why had Will done this is like the mystery surrounding the island), anyways I had to tune in every week, to see how Jay and Tyler would get out and away from the FBI. And then to find out the Will was alive was amazing!I remember the last scene of the finale left the whole series hanging, I really this show could come back and resolve that, but it doesn't look like it will, which is really a shame.
  • Action/adventure series.

Here's another series with an interesting premise that simply didn't get a chance to establish itself. It starts with three college friends, two of whom are set up by the third after a museum is blown up in what appears to be a terrorist attack. The third guy is believed killed in the explosion, but it soon becomes clear that he has faked his death and disappeared. And so begins a frenzied chase with the two accused trying to elude law enforcement officials determined to arrest (or kill) them as they unravel the mystery about their vanished former friend. Yes, we've seen this premise before ("The Fugitive") and, yes, there are a few plot holes. But "Traveler" got me involved in its characters and its storyline, and it is disappointing that ABC didn't give it more time to build an audience.
  • this was one of the best 8 episodes i have ever watched

this was great. though the goverment conspiracy theory was seriosly overdone by everybody, this series was sensational. i heard the writers managed to transform 13 episodes in 8 which is amazing to make a story that complex have a great season finale with less than the episodes that were promised. the actors were great, the characters were great, the story was great, the feeling of it was great. i really don t understand why they had to shut the project down. but i m not an expert and i ve only started to watch traveler a year after it s cancelation. i don t know if it had few viewers and if it did i don t understand why. well i can understand only my tastes. and they say they liked traveler. peace and a booming out.
  • To summarize....This show was EXCELLENT! It needs to be brought back on the air. COME ON ABC, listen to your viewers.

Excellent show! Great plot, each week the story developed in an exciting manner. Never a boring moment. I can't believe that ABC decided to cancel the show. There's definitely a conspiracy in the cancellation of the show. They need to look at their current line up and bring Traveler back! My wife and I have been looking forward to the second season, and are so disappointed to find out it has been cancelled! The actors were great, and the show was one of the few we tuned into each week. Come on ABC, listen to your viewers and bring this one back!
  • one of the best I like it

It was one of the best acttion shows ever

I rally like it but I dont know why they stop it orwhy they cancel it
    I was very angry when they cancel it
    Please bring it back
  • Best show ever!!! Great plot! Can't say enough good things about it. Bring It Back!!!

This was the best show ever!!! I love it!! The plot was fantastic! The show had a great mix of suspense and action, plus the guys were cute! If this aired at a different time or during the school year it would have been a success. I still want to know what happens to them. It is really a great story with a lot to twists and turns - excellent! Everyone I know loved this show. The net work should try to air this show again and see how it does using a different day and/or season. Please Bring This Show Back!!!Bring It Back!!Bring It Back!!!Bring it Back!!Bring it Back!!
  • They don't know what to cancel !

They don't know what to cancel ! This was one of the best show ever.. but yet they cancelled it .. even Drive was awesome 2 .. 2 bad they cancelled that one 2 >_> .. by the way i heard that jericho was canceled 2 but i don't know how did they put it back on air .. if anyone knows how maybe we can do something abt this show 2 to bring it back .. if its possible i hope it is.
    oh god i can't believe this review needs to be at least 100 words, maybe we don't have much to say ! anyways thats y am sayin this to complete the 100 words.. now its even more.. (LOL)
  • I love Tyler, I think he's funny!

I love Traveler, people over here think it's a new version of Prison Break,being set up for something they didn't do. In that they are correct but there is HUGE differences between Traveler and Prison Break..
    The woman said thet it is the same because they have no Mums.
    Well I don't know about Tyler and Will but I'm sure they had/have a Mum.
    And Jay doesn't have a Dad, he has a Mum.
    They were set up! Well yup that is the same as Prison Break but in Traveler it's two guys set up not one and they were ment to die in the museum not go to jail and get executed. And another difference is that there is no brother trying to prove their innocence, they have to do it themselves while on the run from the FBI and trying to find Will.
    I love Prison Break but I think this has a completely different story line and it could really go places.
  • traveler is the best serie ever. you can't queation that! it's just the best of the best.

why why why why why why why why whyyyyy did this show had to be canceled?????
    i can't believe it i have to see the rest, so whomever made it, Don't Stop
    my whole family here in the netherlands watches it we couldn't believe it
    this is waaaaaaaaay better than prison break
    usually i watch shows like desperate housewives, what about brian, ugly betty, dirt, friends, the oc, one tree hill, joey etc.
    but traveler is a whole other category or how you call it, i LOVE it. couldn't sleep when i saw the first episode, i had to see the second one i HAD to so how can you stop it?
    in the Netherlands it didn't even get a chance to get big and over-watched.
    i really really really really really hope they continue it.
    best wishes,

Rose
  • I can't believe another good show is being cancelled. They start it out and get you interested and then - BUH-BYE!- Leave you hangin!

I loved this show and couldn't wait for it to come back and now I hear that it isn't!! That's not fair! Just like The Nine and Reunion - just to mention two! I start out watching a good show and then the season ends - which I totally understand that they need a break or whatever and then, nothing. Reunion just ended. No warning, Nothing. Just gone. I don't understand why they keep putting these stupid "reality" shows on that suck! I don't care that millionaires can't get a date or how fat or skinny someone is - those are personal problems to me. I just like to sit down and watch a show. What is wrong with people these days? They'd rather watch "real" people fight and argue and put themselves in awkward situations (Like that show wife swap?) than to watch a well-written show with a great cast? Doesn't make any sense to me. Who are the people in charge of putting these shows on the air and taking them off? Seems like some new people need put in those jobs!
  • Amazing

This show was incredibly well written and needs to be brought back. I almost ripped my hair out every week waiting for a new episode. Yes, the show was underlooked, but needs to be brought back for that reason and many more. The show was well written and every episode was worth watching. The ending of the last aired episode ended us with wondering what was going to happen and really wasn't an expectable ending for the series. I demand a better ending to the series and at least a few more seasons to get some closer on this great show.
  • Never allowed to grow.

Traveler was a truly fascinating show. For eight episodes, the question "Who is Will Traveler?" haunted me. I'll never really know, the show cancelled before it could fully answer that question. Sure, I knew the details, but the person Will Traveler? That we would have found out at the beginning of the second season, as we could read in the creator's notes on the show's ending.

The show had a strong premise, an edge-of-your-seat plot and well written characters. Jay and Tyler took you with them on an adventure that could have filled the big screen. Every episode was nerve-wrecking. There was no certainty and as the mystery unfolded you could only ask yourself: why?

Why did this show never get the chance to flourish? Was it ABC, unwilling to promote this show, airing it in the summer no less? Was it the viewers, who didn't want to tune into a show with balls to the walls action and great characters, but would rather watch Survivor? There is no one answer. We have only one certainty.

This show was dead before it ever got the chance to live.

A pity.
  • bring it back . save traveler the best tv show !! save traveler the best tv show !! save traveler the best tv show !! save traveler the best tv show !! save traveler the best tv show !!

bring it back .
    save traveler the best tv show !!
  • And there goes another great show

And there goes another great show!!!
    My God, what are you doing over there in the States!!
    If this awesome show must be cancelled, at least give the viewers a real closure ABC!! Too many questions are left unanswered.
    I'm really getting into Traveler , that is running on Belgian TV today and I already know that the show is ended before his time so I will be very sad to see it go
    It is frustrating what the networks do lately!! Stop doing that, I don't say that all the shows must have several seasons but end them a least properly!!!They are killing themselves by giving up on shows too soon.
  • :) Bring my Best show Back (: why did they stop the show ????

This is my best show because it describes a real thing in a new way with a new actors it's the best no chaling I don't know why did they stop the show maybe because it talkes about politics & what's going inside the government
    no one knows . What can we say ???? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . BRING IT BACK

PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE>>>>>>>> . T.J
  • Great action show with terrific writing & a great story.

The Traveler was a GREAT show that we just heard got cancelled. What is ABC thinking? My family & friends loved this show. It was a topic of conversation each week. The writing was terrific and it was amazing how everything tied in so perfectly. There was so much action that we couldn't wait to see what happened next week. If you don't, can you please think about doing a made-for-tv-movie to give the fans some closure. Audiences enjoy shows with substance & are not ALL interested in what felonies the stars are committing. Bring it back! Bring it back! Thank you.
  • sh17! sh17! sh17! sh17! sh17! sh17! sh17! I hate it when they cancel a good show. Bring it back! Bring it back! Bring it back! Bring it back! Bring it back! Bring it back! Bring it back!

I actually realized after 3 weeks that there was something missing in my weekly schedule and realized that it was the next episode of Traveler. I come here (tv.com) to find that its been canceled!!

The show was getting interesting, and a bit more mysterious, with the 'death' of Jack Freed (the FBI honcho) was a surprise and obviously would have made it more difficult for our heroes.

Then they go and cancel it?

Damn idjuts is what they are to cancel a show like this.

I hope they bring this back and if theres any way I could help I'd be glad to.

a$$h0l3s!!!
  • This show was definently tlkin bout the conspiracies of the government. That just makes you wonder how corrupt or government might actually be if they can make a show out of it. And it has the hottest person ever "Logan-Marshal Green".

This show was off the chain and the network should be ashamed for canceling it. There is still time to change there mind. So all we can do is hope for the best.But knowin the tv networks these days the probably won't chang there mind so we're just gonna have to use our imagination to figure out wut might have happened because we'll never know.

• Season Finale, Jay, Will& Taylor look to be getting to the end of the matter then it finishes. OMG what is going on you cant keep us waiting for season 2 you gotta bring this back it.

This has been a really gripping series full of twists and turns. I really wanted this to be a happy ending for the boys and for them to bring down everybody involved in the conspiracy, but then that would not leave it open for another season would it. They really have to bring it back for a second season so we can find out what happens to the boys, kim and how Agent Marlo brings down her boss. It has been a good season a little bit short and left loads of unresolved issues. Bring it back..
  • Wrong Choice

A show like "Traveler" shouldn't be cancelled. Not only because it was interesting, compelling and reasonably well done, but because it continues a bad precedent in the TV industry. Networks worry about poor ratings in this kind of shows, as it is they will have to keep on worrying. Lets think of us spectators. Who in his right mind will get involved, dedicate time in a world full of other choices, into a new show, like this or "Studio 60", or "The Inside", or "Smith" if the payback is going to be being left like this. In limbo.
    This is a vicious circle, because people with stick with sure bets and on-going series instead of investing emotional and mental energy in the whim coin-flipping of a bunch of number cruncher executives.
    Not every show is destined to feature in the top ten list, some shows need to grab their audience and warm up. Seven chapters is barely enough. TV audience should cry foul play, we should be able to get at least a reasonable ending. This was a bad joke.
  • Wrong Choice