Treasure Hunters

Bend the Light

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Jun 26, 2006 on NBC

• The "drama" was interrupted by product whoring.

6.8
    I rated this episode only an "Average" because of the blatant product whoring by the producers.

"I've got a Motorola text message" said a voice over by one of the members of the Brown Family. We see some billboard as the teams drive through the backwoods of Montana about some company. Then we see the same billboard five minutes later.

The amount of product whoring has almost got to the low levels that we have seen in "The Apprentice."

Now, FINALLY, moving on to the critique of the actual content of the show, I felt like the producers over dramatized how close the race for last place actually was. I felt as though the Brown's were quite a ways behind the Grad Students. I mean, they fell into the river and then putzed around while the fatter one of the Brown Family debated whether or not he'd get back into the boat again.

Another hilarious, and yet painful part to watch, was the bumbling, I mean, Wild, Hanlons spend eleven, that's right, eleven hours in the mine! How they caught up to the Brown's even after oversleeping (before they capsized) is beyond me.