TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Trial and Retribution Forums

ITV (ended 2009)

Mirror Image Part 2

mtait

[1]Feb 14, 2007
    • level: 1

I watched part one but missed last night's episode! Really want to know what I missed? What was the outcome? Who actually killed the couple? If anyone could give me a quick re-cap it would be much appreciated!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jenny_burns212

[2]Feb 14, 2007
    Hi, both boys killed there parents. It was an attempted robbery to steal there mothers jewellery to fund their drug habbit. while michael was back at the house his brother was at a club and made sure he was under cctv whilst swapping jumpers with his bro so it looked like they were both there. The mother came back to the house early and found michael in the safe stealing her jewellery, she grabbed him and started yelling so he grabbed the nearest thing which was a screwdriver and stabbed her. He then grabbed a hammer and hit her face before getting a gun and shooting her. He went back to the club and rory went back to the house to try and cover tracks and hide the evidence. Whlist he was doing that his dad came back so he took the gun and shot him in the head. They both were eventually found guilty of murder but only rory went down for it. The ending was crap, that michael got off with murder even thought he was found guilty.

Wackomushy

[3]Feb 14, 2007
    Oh my, I got so confused. I thought they found stronger bro guilty and weaker (Rory) not guilty even tho he admitted to shooting his father. I thought the jury just thought he was covering for Michael and so let him off. Then I saw Rory being taken down and Michael smirking outside court (unbelievably with no journos mobbing him - showing further weakness in the ending). Now Jenny is saying that the verdict was not guilty Michael and guilty Rory (I must have been hearing things). It really felt like they edited out a 3 minute chunk at the end by mistake. Maybe Lynda la Plante can help clarify things....

October111

[4]Feb 14, 2007
    Yeah I really struggled with the ending here after following down to the last minute. It clearly states that Michael was found guuilty and Rory not guilty, i definately heard that right, then Michael is outside court smirking as you say. Is this some fundamental mistake or are we led to bemieve there was more to it. If there was they didn't explain it well. Really poor ending in my opinion..

Wackomushy

[5]Feb 14, 2007
    I am going to email http://www.laplanteproductions.com/
    to ask. Will post back reply here but it may be a few days if they are slow.

jenny_burns212

[6]Feb 14, 2007
    I felt the same, at the end i felt cheated lol.
    The programme was really good but the ending spoilt it.
    They should have both gone down as they both killed their parents, yet the evilest brother michael got off with it.
    Arrrhh annoying!!!

gersmuz

[7]Feb 14, 2007

i also was felt askin myself , what happened at the end ??? rather confusing to say the least !!

no idea at all why rory was taken away after being found not guitlty, very annoying ending !!

Jaquied

[8]Feb 14, 2007
    I thought the ending was good. Michael had obviously pressurised Rory into taking the rap and they swapped identities (again)so everyone thought it was Michael going down and Rory going free.....until we all saw the Wheezing of Rory and then that wicked smile of Michael.....so I thought it was a good twist......if abit unlikely.

Wackomushy

[9]Feb 14, 2007
    Thanks so much to Jaquied for giving a steer on this. But please, it's so bonkers! Rory is told by Michael to act cool and use conditioner to get rid of his frizz so he can swap places with Michael and go down for life. And then the lack of press outside is contrived to uncover this unlikely plot to the viewers -, so he can stop impersonating Rory and give a wicked smirk to round it all off. I thought Lynda la Plante was better than that!

ruavinalaugh

[10]Feb 15, 2007
    ok, i thought the ending was good, kind of like a double jeopardy, rory killed his dad and got found not guilty, they found michael guilty but maybe we are left to believe that michael will challenge the evidence in the glove that it was rory print in there (like rory said) so he will be let off with the killing of his dad thereby only serving sentence for his mothers killing, rory cant be retried cos hes been found not guilty, this is what i thought the smirk at the end was, rory didnt seem bothered about going down for the killing, also did anyone else notice that when rory was being pistol whipped it was michael that was thrown against the big and this would have resulted in a broken arm but rory was hit on the head, had their identities changed there as well???? or is that just me

ruavinalaugh

[11]Feb 15, 2007
    sorry about the spelling there, michael was thrown against the BIN (or oil drum in that mock set up when he went to help rory who was getting beaten by his dad)

kattay

[12]Feb 15, 2007
    ruavinalaugh wrote:
    sorry about the spelling there, michael was thrown against the BIN (or oil drum in that mock set up when he went to help rory who was getting beaten by his dad)

I dont have a clue what u's r talking about. It was michael that got sent to prison and it was rory that was outside the court smirking. the whole point of this was for us too see that rory must have been putting on an act pretending to be quiet and shy when all along he killed his dad.

neljit

[13]Feb 22, 2007
    Just want to say excellent series altogether....however the twins should of both been sent to prison due to bad hair crime!!!!!!!!!!!!