Trigun

The $$60,000,000,000 Man

Aired Weekdays 1:30 AM Mar 31, 2003 on Cartoon Network

• Vash! Vash! Who the hell is Vash?

An entertaining beginning to a promising series, though not without its faults. The voice-work can be a little hit or miss at times with the supporting cast, but the main characters certainly get the job done. Those expecting any sort of weight to the proceedings might be a little deterred with how comical the script is, although with some mild coarse language and a few disturbing scenes (rape is certainly addressed without being tackled head on), there are definitely signs of a darker underbelly to the proceedings. The premise is introduced sufficiently enough and characters are likeable, in part due to the wacky facial animations. Not a bad start.
  • Who's Vash the Stampede?

Whether it's Mohawk man or Ruth Loose, we're just sort of confused at first. Yet we have this sneaking suspiscion that the charming blonde with a craving for donuts is the main star of the show. I like the mystery and intrigue, and of course the comedic relief. All of it fits quite nicely together with the opportunity to discover who everyone is. We're introduced to the main characters and their quirky behaviour. Meryl is somewhat anal retentive and stubborn while Milly is innocent and a little confused. An excellent episode to start off with because it gives way to explain how everyone has a rumoured perspective of the
    $$60 000 000 000 man and his merciless behaviour.
  • it takes place in the distant future on a deserted planet. Vash the Stampede is a gunfighter with a legend so ruthless that he has a $60 blillion dollar bounty on his head. the real Vash the Stampede is not the same man that rumor portrays him to be.

its a really good episode!!! and i like it and i only have one problem with it and that is that there arent enough episodes to this anime like alot of other anime someone should pick up on animes after the manga has gotten far enough and just keep the anime going they always make anime during the early stages of the manga leaving you with so many questions**
  • The first episode of Trigun and where we first meet Vash The Stampede the Vash The Stampede, a man worth $$60,000,000

and the episode that got me hooked to the show-a great mix of comedy and action (...mostly comedy) this is an episode you can go back and watch over and over just for the Vash silly-ness
    In short if you like Anime comedy then you have to check this out
  • The $$60,000,000,000 Man TRIGUNS 1ST EPISODE

Trigun- Episode 1- The $$60,000,000,000 Man.
    I recently bought all 27 episode of Trigun, and i didnt have a bloody clue what it was like or about. From the cover i expected it to be something like gungrave, even though this is obviously made before that. Anyhow, i expected a serious gun filled crime caper, I didnt know how wrong i was. So i watched the first episode, the pilot,The $$60,000,000,000 Man and i was shocked. Not shocked in a bad way, but shock in a good way. What i saw was a 24 minute pilot with lots of potential. There was action and comedy, and characters that had their own story and that you cared about. Narrative hooks that made you want to see the next episode to discover more about its whimpy hero vash the stamped. To me it could be viewed by all ages.
    The $$60,000,000,000 Man is a classic pilot to a classic series. It may not appeal to some but it sould be watched.
  • Vash The Stampede, the $$60,000,000,000 dollar man, hits the road!

This episode is a great start for Trigun. I think that Vash is a very good fighter. But he has a little luck too. Everyone thinks Vash is an evil outlaw who kills everyone and everything that stands ni his way. But in reality, he is a peacefull, heroic, and valiant man. Still, his head is worth a lot of money, and most people would kill him if they have the chance, even if he is good. And the insurance girls, Meryl Strife, and Milly Thompson, have an important part in the story. And I hope to see Ruth Loose again.
  • The beginning of Vash The Stampede's journey.

I give all the Trigun shows episodes a 10/10 because they are all so well written. In this episode we are introduced to the main charachter in Trigun, Vash The Stampede. He meets up with 2 bounty hunters after his $$60,000,000 Bounty. Without the use of his gone, Vash manage to out smart the two, but not without causing an avalanche.