Trigun

Vash the Stampede

Aired Weekdays 1:30 AM Apr 21, 2003 on Cartoon Network

7.8
  • great episode to watch if you are new to the series

“Vash the Stampede” pick up from last episodes cliff hanger, as Vash decides to let his opponent live. And from then on it’s all a little de ja vu as Millie and Meryl try and write out a report. Queue an episode of flashbacks, looking back on Triguns’s finest moments. Each flashback shows a different side to Vash, as the two girls try a figure him out. The last five minutes of the episode reveals another of Vashes dark secrets as we see him with out his top on. Here we see many battle scars which make our hero look a bit like the “Terminator”. Overall this is a great episode to watch if you are new to the series, or if you just want to relive some nice moments from the series.
  • This is only the second episode of the show I've watched, and I'm glad it was this episode that I saw!!

I guess I liked this episode because it told so much about the storyline that I missed. Since I've only seen the show one other time before, this explained everything for me in one fellow swoop. I wasn't disappointed. This episode made me want to come back and watch more. It described the sitation very well, showed character personality, and left multiple examples. In other words, it shouted at me, "Watch more of this show! It's very cool!" And I think I will.

I like how it gradually explained more and more about Vash, not rushing into it like a lot of other shows would. That really gave me a better understanding of him.