Wednesday 8:30 PM on Network TenBetween Seasons

Tripping Over ratings in Australia.

ttnow

[1]Oct 30, 2006
    • level: 6

Episode 1/25 October: 1.29 million.

Episode 2/1 November: 1.03 million.

Episode 3/8 November: 0.96 million.

Even the great lead-in by the Thank God You're Here finale couldn't hold the audience (TGYH had 1.8m, that means 800 000 people either changed channels or turned off the TV when Tripping Over started), so this is not a good sign. Finally a good Aussie Drama is made and no one watches it.

Edited on 11/09/2006 5:20am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alexlips

[2]Oct 30, 2006
    • level: 51
    I also read that article. I think that if it continues this way it will eventually be cancelled or not made more than 6 episodes.

Cank_les

[3]Nov 1, 2006
    • level: 4
    It's like the new "secret life of us" program -- which is just fine by me. Another reality TV program and my head will surely explode.

Or, I might just get off the couch and find something better to do :-)

ttnow

[4]Nov 1, 2006

alexlips wrote:
    I also read that article. I think that if it continues this way it will eventually be cancelled or not made more than 6 episodes.
    Why? 1.3 million isn't to bad, if it continues like this I think it will deffinetly get picked up for a second season. It rates better then (or about the same as) what the House repeats were a few weeks ago. Wouldn't you prefer a season of Tripping Over instead of 20 something repeats of House?

If its possible, could someone update us on how it rates in The UK? It would be greatly appreciated.

Edited on 11/01/2006 5:38am

alexlips

[5]Nov 1, 2006
    • level: 51
    ttnow wrote:

alexlips wrote:
    Why? 1.3 million isn't to bad, if it continues like this I think it will deffinetly get picked up for a second season. It rates better then (or about the same as) what the House repeats were a few weeks ago. Wouldn't you prefer a season of Tripping Over instead of 20 something repeats of House?

If its possible, could someone update us on how it rates in The UK? It would be greatly appreciated.

Now that I have szeen the 2nd episode I agree with you. I just fon't understand why only 6 episodes.

Catatonicc

[6]Nov 22, 2006
    • level: 9
     Channel 10 has ordered a second season  for Tripping Over. I can't wait!

halz84

[7]Jan 3, 2007
    • level: 13
    thats great, really excited about a second season. those were the ratings for the initial airing, but they also did encore shows on sundays, yeah? i know that most of my friends actually watched in during the encores (fits in better in schedules...). but yeah, i know everyone who watched it loved it, and it was a huge range of people, who normally like different kind of shows. just exciting to have an Aussie (and English) show thats good, worth watching, and not an embarassment!!

ttnow

[8]Jan 19, 2007
    I read somewhere that the second season hasn't been picked up, I guess we will have to wait and see.