Editor/contributor?

DarkpawT

[1]Sep 20, 2007
    • level: 3

Since it looks like I'm getting to be the first person to add into Season 3 for this....who do I get to talk to about being allowed to make edits? I'd like to add to the episode list, summaries, air dates, and so on. Would also like to get it up there while the first three episodes from the season are fresh in my memory.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lostinseganet

[2]Sep 28, 2007
    • level: 2
    I do not know the answer to your question, but I bet the mods and other editors at this site do. Go to another topic cartoon, and I bet the mods there would know how to get the ball rolling.
    Edited on 09/28/2007 5:51pm

siftybastard

[3]Oct 14, 2007
    • level: 19

Why not try sending a PM to the editor of this show?

DarkpawT

[4]Oct 18, 2007
    I sent him one tonight. I have TONS of stuff to update on this to get everything up to spec. The show is showing good interest, which is great to see. I've asked him to swap Editor rights on it over to me if he's no longer tracking it, since I will likely be posting weekly updates either live during the air, or immeidately after the airing. Need the episode guide brought up to date, as well.....I can do this as soon as I get permission. Having premission to "submit" does not give it permission to actually get posted.

Gislef

[5]Oct 18, 2007
    • level: 102
    You can submit info any time you wish. Any appropriate submissions will be reviewed and approved.

You need at least 80 contribution points (CP) to become editor. That's determined by the system, so editors don't have any control over swapping.

The one thing you've submitted for so far didn't follow the format of previous recaps. If you didn't receive a PM notifying you, you can check your submission history.

DarkpawT

[6]Oct 19, 2007

My level just got reset to "1" and at 0%. WTF? If a submission is rejected, everything gets reset?

I followed the format very closely, in fact I had both my submission and that one on the screen at the same time when I was typing it. It also didn't give me any specifics to why it was rejected, so I can't correct the submission.

And since something reset my level back to 1, I can't even resubmit it. Nice.

I guess I will just continue to post show info on the forum...

Gislef

[7]Oct 19, 2007
    Your level currently shows Level 2. There is a system bug that sometimes drops you down a level temporarily.

Look at recaps such as this one for an example of the general style (straightforward description of what's going on) for an example of what to follow. Yours had a lot of Allusions that would go under... well, Allusions, more personal opinion, etc.
    Edited on 10/19/2007 6:06am

DarkpawT

[8]Oct 19, 2007

OK, makes sense. I'll try to get that straighter in the future...

Gislef

[9]Oct 19, 2007
    Also, recap writing is somewhat of an acquired skill. The important thing right now is to get up the titles, air dates, and summary in. Anything you've got for that, go ahead, don't feel like you have to wait until you can take longer to write a recap.

I do need a URL source for confirmed two out of three of air date, title, and/or summary, though. It's a TV.com requirement.

Thanks!
    Edited on 10/19/2007 2:11pm

DarkpawT

[10]Oct 19, 2007

Looking for a reference now for the times. I'm not certain about your air dates that are listed...what station was that for? trippingtherift.tv (the official site) has clips from "Chode Eraser" and "23 1/2" posted, but not their air dates/times.

"The Need for Greed" hasn't aired yet on Teletoon. After "To EBay or Not To EBay" aired, the following two weeks were a rerun on "Chode Eraser" and "Skankenstein".

Gislef

[11]Oct 20, 2007
    Go ahead and change the air dates if they need changing, when youi can.

DarkpawT

[12]Oct 25, 2007

Tonight was the first night for "The Need For Greed" to air on Teletoon (I'll be posting a summary shortly).

Does anyone know if this aired earlier than tonight, on Space?