A Trophy Wife Community
ABC (ended 2014)

The wise poets Chumbawamba once said, "I get knocked down, but I get up again. You're never gonna keep me down." And that was all fine and good for Chumbawamba, but I don't think they were singing about TV shows (does anyone know what "Tubthumping" was about?), because more often than not, once a TV show is canceled, it's gone forever. 

And thus it is with a heavy heart that I must tell you that the cruel hands of fate at ABC have pulled the plug on freshman comedy Trophy Wife. Series star Marcia Gay Harden tweeted the news late Thursday. Also on the chopping block was Suburgatory, which means if you see Parker Young, please give him a hug. Losing two good gigs in one week is a special kind of sad.

However, as it turns out, the cruel hands of fate at ABC aren't ALL bad, as they've also canceled the freshman comedies Super Fun Night and Mixology.

Mixology actress Frankie Shaw followed Harden's lead and also took to Twitter late Thursday to announce the axing of the bar-set comedy, which will now be dumped after a one-season stand: "Sad day. Love to all you Mixology fans. Keep watching. Great episodes left, esp the finale. xoxoxoxo." 

Finally, the hands of fate also got their, um, hands on The Neighbors. Cast member Toks Olagundoye tweeted the news Friday morning.

These cancellations come on the heels of the network renewing several series, including comedies Modern Family, The Middle, and The Goldbergs, and picking up several new ones, including the Emily Kapnek comedy Selfie.

Which of these cancellations hurts the most?

Check the Status of Your Favorite Shows:
What's Renewed, What's Canceled, and What's Still In Between?

134 Comments
Follow this Show
Members