A Trophy Wife Community
ABC (ended 2014)

The wise poets Chumbawamba once said, "I get knocked down, but I get up again. You're never gonna keep me down." And that was all fine and good for Chumbawamba, but I don't think they were singing about TV shows (does anyone know what "Tubthumping" was about?), because more often than not, once a TV show is canceled, it's gone forever. 

And thus it is with a heavy heart that I must tell you that the cruel hands of fate at ABC have pulled the plug on freshman comedy Trophy Wife. Series star Marcia Gay Harden tweeted the news late Thursday. Also on the chopping block was Suburgatory, which means if you see Parker Young, please give him a hug. Losing two good gigs in one week is a special kind of sad.

However, as it turns out, the cruel hands of fate at ABC aren't ALL bad, as they've also canceled the freshman comedies Super Fun Night and Mixology.

Mixology actress Frankie Shaw followed Harden's lead and also took to Twitter late Thursday to announce the axing of the bar-set comedy, which will now be dumped after a one-season stand: "Sad day. Love to all you Mixology fans. Keep watching. Great episodes left, esp the finale. xoxoxoxo." 

Finally, the hands of fate also got their, um, hands on The Neighbors. Cast member Toks Olagundoye tweeted the news Friday morning.

These cancellations come on the heels of the network renewing several series, including comedies Modern Family, The Middle, and The Goldbergs, and picking up several new ones, including the Emily Kapnek comedy Selfie.

Which of these cancellations hurts the most?

Check the Status of Your Favorite Shows:
What's Renewed, What's Canceled, and What's Still In Between?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/13/2014

Season 1 : Episode 22

143 Comments
Comments (143)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
why dont we create an online petition to hae "Trophy Wife" picked up by an online broadcasting company? Same cast , same show, better channel !!!????? if you guys want, let me know in the comments and lets get started....
Flag
lets all go an watch some reality tv, well done!
Flag
Trophy Wife is the best show I've seen in years! It's fun and simple!! I can't believe ABC cancelled it!! Why??? I love EVERYTHING about it! It's perfect!!! Every episode made me happy, I couldn't stop smiling!! Now I'm so sad... :(
Flag
Hey, why dont we do an online petition to have the show back?
Flag
I would watch Trophy Wife, Super Fun Night, and Almost Human back then
Flag
Trophy Wife was an amazing show. I wonder who's the brainiac behind ABC's decision to cancel it.
Flag
Trophy wife was hilarious! Our house is going to miss it :(
Flag
Two of my favorite shows, Trophy Wife, and Mixology canceled? So ridiculous. Major networks wonder why people aren't watching television anymore? Maybe if you would let a show run for more than one season before hacking it, (Don't Trust the B..) you might actually grow a following! Let's all remember how unpopular of a show CHEERS was after it's 1st season. It is still a classic after 25 years. I blame lame, old, out of touch executives who have zero patience and are always looking for the next project to fund and then slash again. Bunch of fools with ADD.
Flag
The actors and the creativity of "Mixology" put the other shows to shame. How many actors do you know that could keep things interesting in the same setting for that many shows? And the "axe" or viewership does nothing to support who would have liked it had they watched or who DID like it. I think people either didn't watch it because of the time slot or it competed with something else they were doing or they didn't see it from the beginning because it wasn't marketed well. Yes, ABC, you MUST market your shows. Not just pop them on one night and expect people to know about them. I always say "no one asked me," so I have to wonder where they get these random samples of viewers anyway. I sure hope these "Mixology" actors get other gigs. They were good.
Flag
I love Trophy Wife, so I'm very disappointed. Here's hoping that somebody else picks it up!
Flag
Trophy Wife noooooooo!
Flag
I know I don't like hi. It took me a few episodes to get into the show. I will miss it and suburgatory go too. 2 good shows right there.
Flag
So bummed to see Suburgatory cancelled. But, alas, such is the world of television. Esp on ABC, it seems like they've cancelled many of the sitcoms that I loved...Happy Endings and Apartment 23 come to mind off the top of my head. Maybe it's me that's crazy?
Flag
super fun night was SO much better and funnier than drop dead diva. stupid networks.
Flag
Also, is anyone really surprised that Mixology got the axe? It had potential at times, but I just didn't see how the premise would be plausible for additional seasons.

Flag
Trophy Wife was hit or miss (but usually somewhere in between), but the sad part is that worse shows *cough*MindyProject*cough* actually got renewed.
Flag
That's it!! That. Is. It. I turned the other cheek when ABC cancelled Don't trust the B, I shook my fists in outrage when they cancelled Happy Endings, but this is the final straw. I am done with ABC comedies.

Flag
The Goldbergs sucks so badly. Neighbors was 100% more funny.
Flag
Selfie....really, SELFIE?! That's the new show they're going with while cancelling Suburgatory...SELFIE?! "Hey guys, lets go watch a new "Selfie" tonight, maybe we can take some selfies?" Seriously, network TV has made a joke out of itself, creating a new show on a fleeting trend that won't last more than a season (and the trend will die sooner than that), while cable consistently trods out innovation and original content the networks could only dream of. ABC seems to be the lowest of the low anymore and their programming slate is a joke. Maybe it will prove me wrong and "Selfie" will be the new Seinfeld.
Flag
This site has become like the deaths notice page in the paper.
I know it is only reporting what the networks have done but I am getting a little spooked having a look each new day.
Flag
i like suburgatory :(
Flag
Me too :(
Flag
and this is one of the reasons I'm perfectly cool with piracy. 'F' these networks. The The Neighbors and Trophy Wife cancellations hurt the most. I watched Suburgatory but it seemed to veer all over the place.
Flag
I'm going to miss Suburgatory. It got more seasons than I thought it would.
Flag
Yeah, it's a real pity.
Flag
Awww. Sad news. I like all 5 shows. Well except Suburgatory—this season it hasn’t been nearly as good as it used to be. While I love Mixology, considering its concept I’ve always felt it’s a one season show. If renewed they’d kind of need to start from scratch and create 10 completely new characters.

I’ll really miss Trophy Wife though. :(
Flag
NOOOOOOO!!! They cancelled The Neighbors. I know it was low in the ratings, but to me it is like they might as well have decided to cancel Modern Family or The Middle. I will miss Larry Bird, he is awesome.
Flag
Awww i'll miss the two Female friends on Super Fun Night, they were great.
Flag
Damn it! They always cancel the BEST sitcoms that are actually funny. Suburgatory will be missed, and Super Fun Night was great - it became better and funnier with each episode. :( With Raising Hope also gone, now there is only The Middle left of the funny sitcoms. BLAH!
Flag
Trophy Wife is brilliant. Ugh now I'm sad.
Flag
I really like the opening of Super Fun Night (don't stop me nooow.. I'm having such a good tiiiiime!.. xD).. but the script was average.. and still yet.. i'm gonna miss it!... it was the only new comedy that kinda caught my attention.
Flag
I actually enjoyed Super Fun Night! Gonna miss Kimmie!!
Flag
ABC is a stupid bitch! It's been a while since I've watched a show that got cancelled (Still miiss you enlightened, hung, united states of tara, pushing daisies, and ugly betty!) - because I seem to have the gift of picking the right tv shows to watch lol - so this actually stings more than I can remember. Trophy Wife was not at all that bad. I enjoyed the cast. Although last weeks episode was a bit weird, it still is one of the better shows out there.
Flag
Mixology is a great comedy that is under-appreciated. They've got a funny cast that already has good chemistry and the (almost) real-time gimmick works real well.
Flag
Suburgatory was one of my always watch shows. Its sad to see it go, but it kinda make sense. Tessa is about the graduate high school and plans to go to college. It wouldn't be about the suburbs anymore once that happens. And Malik and Lisa got married already. It seems that they are tying all the knots in the show. So the cancellation isn't as bad. I just hope Jane Levy gets more gigs in the future.
Flag
Trophy Wife was hit and miss. When it did hit, it was pretty good, as it had its moments. When it missed, it dragged and seemed to not focus on where it wanted to go. In time, I think they may have found themselves and had a consistently better show, but that won't happen now.
Flag
I agree about it being hit and miss. I think that's why I didn't watch it on a consistent basis. Some of the episodes had really good comedic bits though. Malin Akerman should definitely try her hand at TV comedy again.
Flag
Oh wow! I dont watch any of these. Am so glad.
Flag
This season Suburgatory was not perfect, but at least we've got a good final. Just sad that Ryan and Tessa didn't make it.
Flag
So so sad for Trophy wife and Suburgatory :( Now hope ABC doesn't cancel Nashville
Flag
Don't tempt fate! I'd be devastated if Nashville got cancelled. :-(
Flag
Aw nooooo!! I love Trophy Wife, The Neighbors, and Super Fun Night! :(

ABC Sucks yet again!

We need to get rid of cable tv though. That is what the problem is. We shouldn't be forced to subscribe to networks that cancel shows we like. We should all be allowed to choose individual shows, then true ratings will be known and ABC and other networks will stop cancelling shows based on ratings that aren't correct. Many people view shows online rather than through cable now and those ratings aren't counted.

Flag
I'm starting to not care for The Middle...kind of more annoying than funny now.
Flag
Too bad about Mixology. It's really quite funny
Flag
not suburgatory :(
Flag
With Suburgatory gone, Back in the Game has been avenged.

Flag
Oh no three of my fave comedys cancelled at once; Trophy Wife, The Neighbors & Suburgatory. Thank God I got to keep The Middle.
Flag
I didn't like Trophy Wife at all, but I know some folks did. Still, if it took killing Trophy Wife to take down Mixology, then the collateral damage is worth it.
Flag
A very firm FUCK YOU to ABC for canceling Suburgatory. Looks like any single cam comedy that isn't Modern Family gets the boot. I can't even be excited for Selfie anymore (ironically from the Suburgatory creator, which in retrospect prepared me for this moment anyway).
Flag
Damn! I really liked Trophy Wife! I was a little in love with that crazy family.
Flag
I actually liked Trophy Wife... :/
Flag
I kinda saw that coming for The Neighbours (it was surprising that it even got a second season) however, boo for the Trophy Wife:( now that you have got rid of a lot of stuff, could you please let Suburgatory live? pretty please?
Flag
and with the new update, obviously we lost Suburgatory too.. should have guessed it as they picked up a new Emily Kapnek show, so obv they would ditch the other:((
Flag
i liked mixologytho,shame it had to b cancelled
Flag
TBS should pick up Trophy Wife and pair it with Cougar Town for a solid hour.
Flag
This is what I was thinking. Also make Trophy Wife more like the pilot, which wasn't as wholesome. They did that with Cougar Town when it moved.
Flag

I'm alright Trophy wife getting canceled doesn't hurt..... No really..snif.
Flag
I'll miss Suburgatory, which apparently is so insignificant they won't bother to tell us it's cancelled.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members