Tru Calling Forums

FOX (ended 2005)

Eliza stars in new series!

SVU_Obsessed

[1]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 22

Thanks to tinkslh for posting this on the "Eliza Dushku" board.

"Eliza Dushku has been tapped to play Eve, the lead
    character on the hospital comedy/drama "Nurses" (also known as
    "Philadelphia General") for Fox."

Since some people rarely got to her board I figured posting it here would good. I just really hope the show doesn't get axed. Also has anyone noticed the buttload of movies she's done? I just saw the trailer for "The Alphabet Killer" (alphabetkiller.com). You have to download the trailer to watch it and it looks alright. So now I just have to wait for the trailers of her other movies; Sex and Breakfast, Open Graves, Zoe. I'm guessing she's still filming a couple of them. How long has it been since she's come out with a movie? Her last one was 2003's Wrong Turn wasn't it?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Moby1969

[2]Mar 20, 2007
    • level: 3
    Yeah, Wrong Turn was her last one. Great movie too. Good to see she is getting quite a few roles suddenly.

Open Graves sounds cool too.

And Alphabet Killer is from the Wrong Turn director! Awesome.

DarkBride

[3]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 16
    I am glad to see that she's coming back to TV, hopefully the show will be a sucess. She is such a great actress!

victor2junye

[4]Mar 25, 2007
    • level: 4
    She's also in NOBEL SON. which sure will be released in theatres on wide scale as there ish ALAN RICKMAN in it. the trailer ish weird. but awesome.

Warnersisluver

[5]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 8
    it's always cool to have one of your favorite actresses make a come back but i kinda liked eliza in sci-fi dramas, i'll check it out though.

SVU_Obsessed

[6]Mar 29, 2007
    victor2junye wrote:
    She's also in NOBEL SON. which sure will be released in theatres on wide scale as there ish ALAN RICKMAN in it. the trailer ish weird. but awesome.

The movie comes out April 28th (or so I'm told). The trailer looked ok, looks like there's some humor in the movie too. I saw a brief clip of Eliza in the movie on youtube.com. Just type in 'Eliza Dushku Nobel Son' and it should come up. Good or bad I'll still see the movie since Eliza's in it.

NJZ

[7]Mar 31, 2007
    • level: 29
    The series sounds alright. A hospital comedy/drama seems a bit like Grey's Anatomy, only with nurses instead of doctors. Might check it out, only for Eliza though. Eliza was also the reason I first watched Tru Calling, and then after a while I thought the show was so awesome that I would've loved it w/ or w/o Eliza.

SVU_Obsessed

[8]Apr 1, 2007
    NJZ wrote:
    The series sounds alright. A hospital comedy/drama seems a bit like Grey's Anatomy, only with nurses instead of doctors. Might check it out, only for Eliza though. Eliza was also the reason I first watched Tru Calling, and then after a while I thought the show was so awesome that I would've loved it w/ or w/o Eliza.

That's the only reason I started watching also. I nearly flipped out when I saw the preview telling about the series premiere of Tru Calling. I had to do a doubletake when I saw Eliza, cause even back then she was my favorite actress.

Glaceo

[9]Apr 7, 2007
    SVU_Obsessed wrote:
    NJZ wrote:

That's the only reason I started watching also. I nearly flipped out when I saw the preview telling about the series premiere of Tru Calling. I had to do a doubletake when I saw Eliza, cause even back then she was my favorite actress.

Yeah, I watched Tru Calling for her too. But then I got so into it, it was just the best show ever. I'm glad she's coming in another show now, even if it isnt sci-fi-ish. Although I am used to seeing her that way. Maybe she'll still get to run as much.

SVU_Obsessed

[10]Apr 9, 2007
    Glaceo wrote:
    SVU_Obsessed wrote:
    NJZ wrote:

Yeah, I watched Tru Calling for her too. But then I got so into it, it was just the best show ever. I'm glad she's coming in another show now, even if it isnt sci-fi-ish. Although I am used to seeing her that way. Maybe she'll still get to run as much.

She was running a lot wasn't she? Since she's lost a lot of weight since Tru Calling and her hair is dark again she doesn't even look like "Tru" anymore. Sorry that just came out of nowhere. But I wonder if this new show of hers has any comedy.

michael_LB92

[11]May 19, 2007
    • level: 24
    I hated Wrong Turn and Soul Survivor.
    I think Eliza Dushku does best on television. God, I wish that "Faith" spin-off happened...

NJZ

[12]May 20, 2007
    • level: 29
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    God, I wish that "Faith" spin-off happened...

Me too . It would've been so awesome. It would've had Faith (ofcourse) and it'd be a continuation of the Buffyverse, so IMO it would be perfect.

SVU_Obsessed

[13]May 21, 2007
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    I think Eliza Dushku does best on television. God, I wish that "Faith" spin-off happened...

I thought Wrong Turn was pretty good, Soul Survivors was difinitely twisted but interesting, at least Eliza has variety when it comes to the roles she plays.

HaveSumFaith

[14]May 30, 2007
    • level: 23
    SVU_Obsessed wrote:
    michael_LB92 wrote:

I thought Wrong Turn was pretty good, Soul Survivors was difinitely twisted but interesting, at least Eliza has variety when it comes to the roles she plays.

I loved wrong turn, soul survivors was kinda confusing but oh well...

SVU_Obsessed

[15]Jun 11, 2007
    HaveSumFaith wrote:
    SVU_Obsessed wrote:
    michael_LB92 wrote:

I loved wrong turn, soul survivors was kinda confusing but oh well...

Yeah I had to watch Soul Survivors a couple of times before I finally got it. I finally saw her other movie 'The Last Supper' a few weeks ago. You can download it from one of her fansites. I would give out the url but it keeps saying Internal Error. Even though the movie was only about 16 minutes it had its funny moments.

GameCuber018

[16]Jun 15, 2007
    • level: 1
    "Wrong Turn" was laughably terrible. I thought it looked really good at first. It could have and should have been just as good as "The Hills Have Eyes," but they really messed it up.

SVU_Obsessed

[17]Jun 17, 2007
    GameCuber018 wrote:
    "Wrong Turn" was laughably terrible. I thought it looked really good at first. It could have and should have been just as good as "The Hills Have Eyes," but they really messed it up.

Messed it up in what way?

buffyTVSrox

[18]Jun 26, 2007
    • level: 33
    Wrong Turn was an okay movie, but also kind of funny to me

I also started watching Tru Calling for Eliza, after loving her on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. Like all of you, my love for the show itself soon grew deep.

I'll check out this new show for her as well.

petef20

[19]Jun 27, 2007

I can't think of many good films Eliza Dusku's done, you could possibly count True Lies but she was just a kid in that. Like a lot of good TV actors they just don't get the breaks to get into decent films and so she's probably best staying in TV where she's seen as a very talented actress.

michael_LB92

[20]Jun 29, 2007
    • level: 24
    Wrong Turn just... eh... I don't know how to put it into words, but it was disturbing and completely stupid at the same time. At least IMO.

And Soul Survivor - well, I'm not really into those kinds of movies. I like dark movies. I live (some) scary movies; but this one was art-housey and really strange. IMO.

That's all I have to say!