Tru Calling Forums

FOX (ended 2005)

Tru calling still there ?

carrie200719

[1]Dec 10, 2007
    • level: 1
    Does anyone for sure what happened to tru calling? i mean why did they stop making it...man i love that show
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sirthursday

[2]Dec 13, 2007
    • level: 5
    FOX cancelled Tru Calling after 6 episodes of the second season, and put Point Pleasant in it's place. Point Pleasant promptly did worse in the ratings than Tru Calling - a travesty, it was great show...I've heard they've got rid of the sets now so I seriously doubt there'll be any more of it, unfortunately.

Sir Thursday

charmed452

[3]Dec 16, 2007
    • level: 13
    i still can't believe they cancelled it, midway between season 2 aswell!!! fox could have at least let them finish the season!!!

JoeyzPizza47

[4]Dec 16, 2007
    • level: 8
    to this day i am upset that they didn't even get a chance to wrap the show up. Even just like 3 more episodes! The show had such potential too.

night_hawk7

[5]Jan 5, 2008
    • level: 10
    I wish some sort of ending to the show could be made, maybe in a novelization form or a comic, like Buffy & Angel but I worry there wouldn't be enough interest in Tru as much as the other shows.

charleyparker

[6]Jan 11, 2008
    • level: 9
    i hope it wasnt cancelled

VaMpIrEsSuCk

[7]Jan 14, 2008
    • level: 11
    I'm so angry that the show never got to end properly. I mean, the last episode never even aired on tv. PLus, it was right in the middle of the best part of the mystery. Plus, I think Tru Calling would have only have gotten better after those first two seasons.

Bwexiie

[8]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 2
    I just watched twas the night before christmas...again and it was great! but there was so much more for them to do! even if they had 3 or 4 more episodes at least then they could end it off properly!, i hope maybe oneday they will bring it back!.

drsno1

[9]Jan 21, 2008
    • level: 1
    We all need to get together and load up the network email demanding for them to bring Tru Calling back. It worked for Jericho.
    Edited on 01/21/2008 9:43am

NJZ

[10]Jan 24, 2008
    • level: 29
    Jericho had so much more fans than TC ever did.

Frennis

[11]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 16

I'm kind of surprised folks are still wondering about this. The show was actually cancelled BEFORE the second season even aired, the last episodes were "burned off" (when already filmed episodes are shown to fill time slots during slow periods, often during the summer) in the spring of 2005, ALMOST A YEAR after the season one finale. That's almost3 YEARS AGO guys, the show was never going to be brought back, and there's no chance of it now.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the show, but the network never had any intention of continuing it after the first season, which is why the last5 episodessat on the shelf for 11 months before they decided to air it for some cheap programming before May Sweeps. Heck, the LAST episode wasn't even aired till a week ago on the Sci-Fi Channel during their "Tru Calling" marathon.

This wasn't an animated show like "Family Guy", so it would be nearly impossible to bring it back in any form other than the aforementions novel or comic like "Buffy". Sorry kids, it's dead, but will live on in our memories and DVD players!

~ the Frennis

confusedboy24

[12]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 17
    Frennis wrote:

I'm kind of surprised folks are still wondering about this. The show was actually cancelled BEFORE the second season even aired, the last episodes were "burned off" (when already filmed episodes are shown to fill time slots during slow periods, often during the summer) in the spring of 2005, ALMOST A YEAR after the season one finale. That's almost3 YEARS AGO guys, the show was never going to be brought back, and there's no chance of it now.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the show, but the network never had any intention of continuing it after the first season, which is why the last5 episodessat on the shelf for 11 months before they decided to air it for some cheap programming before May Sweeps. Heck, the LAST episode wasn't even aired till a week ago on the Sci-Fi Channel during their "Tru Calling" marathon.

This wasn't an animated show like "Family Guy", so it would be nearly impossible to bring it back in any form other than the aforementions novel or comic like "Buffy". Sorry kids, it's dead, but will live on in our memories and DVD players!

~ the Frennis

Never say never. ABC's late 90's/early 00's Cupid is coming back after all these years so it isn't impossible Tru can't come back. But now with Eliza teaming up with Joss, for another Fox drama [Dollhouse] it is pretty much impossible, unless you want the roles to be recasted.
    Edited on 02/22/2008 5:57pm

Frennis

[13]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 16

I assume that THIS is what you're refering to. I've never even heard of this show...

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117973234.html?categoryid=1238&cs=1&p=0

and

http://cupidian.com/new.html

But I wouldn't hold your breath for that either, talks like this occur ALL the time and nothing ever comes of them.

And by the way, I say NEVER all the time...

netgoddess

[14]Sep 17, 2009
    I loved Tru Calling but if I had to bring back a TV show from the grave I'd pick either The Sarah Connor Chronicles or Journeyman.

At least we have some other great shows still airing like Fringe, Dollhouse, LOST, and Medium.

piranhapete

[15]Sep 18, 2009
    • level: 11
    Honestly I like Dollhouse, but I think I'd take Tru Calling over it - it just has this really great vibe about it whereas Dollhouse is a little too multi-genre. I mean, I like Dollhouse, but I just mean I'd rather have Tru back. : P
    Only reason I came here is 'cause I recorded the marathon the other day and realized what a cool show this is - the first episodes aren't that amazing, but midway through the season it gets really awesome... So sad.

netgoddess

[16]Sep 18, 2009
    How does it compare to Pushing Daisies? Isn't that show also about dead people talking to someone shortly after they die?