Tru Calling Forums

FOX (ended 2005)

What is all that about?

crazyinluv

[1]Sep 28, 2008
    • level: 6
    I've just finished watching the first season and I found it weird how Jack gets to relive the days that only concern Tru (when Jack isn't around when some dead body asks for help) but it isn't the other way round. What is the logic behind this?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SVU_Obsessed

[2]Sep 29, 2008
    • level: 22
    You need to watch season 2 and that should help somewhat explain. There are only 6 eps in the season due to the show's unfortunate cancellation, but it should explain something none the less.

crazyinluv

[3]Sep 30, 2008
    I just finished off the second season and I'm SO disappointed. Not by the show but the fact that the show was cancelled. Even though its not in league with the top rated shows, but it definately had the potential to go on. Who could be blind enough not to notice that? Just when I get my hands on a decent sci-fi show, it turns out to be an unfinished cancelled one!

SVU_Obsessed

[4]Oct 2, 2008
    • level: 22
    I know, we all blame fox.

crazyinluv

[5]Oct 11, 2008
    What is the deal with FOX and ripping off 'the shows that have potential' for 'shows with mind numbing crap'? Any halfway decent sci-fi show I come across turns out to be the one FOX cancelled, firefly being an example. I'm all in for shows that have more consistent storylines and better direction but these shows have a fair share of audience too! Yeah, I won't deny that the show was mediocre but the bottomline is that its atleast better than the idiotic teen soaps which have more making out than a solid script, running season after season- no questions asked. I know that its no use crying over spilt milk but it just makes me sad when they shut off a show without even bothering to provide a proper closure.

NJZ

[6]Oct 21, 2008
    • level: 29
    I wouldn't call Tru Calling "mediocre" (wasn't entirely sure if that's the show you were referring to or whwther it was Firefly) but I pretty much agree on everything else. Fox suck most of the time.

BuffyAngeMaxTru

[7]Oct 31, 2008
    • level: 8
    anyone here going to watch Elizas new show when it comes out ??????
    Dollhouse.

NJZ

[8]Nov 12, 2008
    • level: 29
    BuffyAngeMaxTru wrote:
    anyone here going to watch Elizas new show when it comes out ??????
    Dollhouse.

Totally. If you knew me, you wouldn't even have had to ask lol. I'm totally obsessed with Joss' work.More so, I'm obsessed with Eliza Dushku. And then there's Amy Acker aswell.It just sounds to good to even consider not watching.

dbartley

[9]Nov 18, 2008

I can't bring myself to get wrapped up in a Joss Whedon show on FOX. Especially with Eliza.

I know I'd wind up pissed-off when it gets cancelled as it's gaining steam.

How can these two be naive enough to work with FOX again? Nathan Fillion did it with Drive, and it lasted what, 4 episodes?

CaptainHarkness

[10]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 23
    dbartley wrote:

I can't bring myself to get wrapped up in a Joss Whedon show on FOX. Especially with Eliza.

I know I'd wind up pissed-off when it gets cancelled as it's gaining steam.

How can these two be naive enough to work with FOX again? Nathan Fillion did it with Drive, and it lasted what, 4 episodes?

Yeah I was really dissapointed when they cancelled Drive after 4 episodes and then didn't air the other two they still had.

netgoddess

[11]Sep 17, 2009
    • level: 10
    Tru Calling is quite good, but Dollhouse is better. But yes Fox sucks. They killed off Terminator: Sarah Connor for no good reason. At least that show had a full second season though. Tru Calling was great and I wish it had at least three seasons. But it is not the best show out there. Eliza IMO is much better suited for the role of Echo, which shows off her acting skills more and also she is sexier now that she's more mature. Firefly was a great show too, WTF Fox? At least they have given Dollhouse the green light for S2.

skymone

[12]Jan 25, 2010
    • level: 5

I can't agree there, I'd rather have a finished season two of Tru Calling than Dollhouse, especially after I've watched the end of Dollhouse. It was so obvious that they just wanted the show over with, the episodes were confusing and had a hurried feel to them.

I don't get why Fox are so lame, cancelling all the good shows! I'm unsure whether I'll ever watch a show of theirs again!

Peterb3291

[13]Jan 30, 2010
    Because fox needs to bring back high rating shows like 24 (which i despise), I think they should've kept Dollhouse and not picked up that Human target bullsh*t