TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Tru Calling Forums

FOX (ended 2005)

What went wrong?

trustno1uk

[1]Dec 22, 2006
    • level: 9
    Really can anyone answer that question as far as i'm concerned nothing went wrong, the show was doing fine and it was a mistake to cancel it don't you agree.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

degrassi_lover

[2]Dec 22, 2006
    • level: 21
    The series did do well. It had a full first season and I enjoyed it. The second season was originally supposed to air in 2004, but leaped a year and started in 2005. Supposedly each episode of Tru Calling Tru kept on repeating her mission on saving others lives and it wasn't that great(does aren't my words). Season Two had 13 episodes then Fox lowered it to 6(they didn't even air the last episode). What is really weird is that this was an awesome show and the network didn't even do a poll to save, but they did a poll to save Party Of Five(Five was on FOX). I think the series did very well, but since it was different then other shows they just wanted to end it. They always end the good shows and leave the crappy shows on. Nothing went wrong just the FOX network had problems and decided to end Tru Calling and air two shows that ended up cancelled on its first season(Point Pleasant, North Shore)

jimbo_001

[3]Dec 22, 2006
    • level: 56
    Reality shows are replacing actual entertaining programs and if it wasn't for the overabundance of the terrible genre, there'd be more room on the schedule for Tru Calling to continue (along with Arrested Development, Futurama and other classic shows cancelled before their peak (not really sure what other great shows were cancelled on Fox since I'm in a different country aswell as the fact that not all US shows air here)

Slayergirlkal

[4]Dec 29, 2006
    • level: 38
    I know fox cancels all the good shows so we can all sit and enjoy reality tv anyone else wanna vomit? Thankfully they haven't gotten rid of Bones yet

CSI_Fiona

[5]Dec 30, 2006
    • level: 12
    Fox went wrong.

SVU_Obsessed

[6]Jan 6, 2007
    • level: 22
    I hated it that they didn't even show the last ep! But luckily I got the season 2 dvd set to keep me happy. I still hate fox though. The only shows I ever watch on there anymore is House and Family Guy.

trustno1uk

[7]Jan 9, 2007
    The network acted extremly badly on Tru Calling, they should have let them finish off the series or give them a few more episodes to close off the stories

trustno1uk

[8]Jan 9, 2007
    The network acted extremly badly on Tru Calling, they should have let them finish off the series or give them a few more episodes to close off the stories

shawshank393

[9]Jan 11, 2007
    • level: 3
    From what I've seen, Fox seem to prematurely axe their shows before thinking properly or giving them a chance. Tru Calling had an amazing amount of potential and with the introduction of the darker, competing characters such as Jack and Tru's father there was so many potential twists and turns to come. In my opinion, it is a major chance missed.

Slayergirlkal

[10]Jan 11, 2007
    • level: 38
    I know FOX usually doesn't know a good show when they have one I mean I love Bones and House and The Simpsons but everything else they have is junk and they always axe the good shows

ariestar18

[11]Jan 13, 2007
    • level: 13
    I am mad at FOX for abruptly ending Tru Calling like they did. I ONLY watch Bones on that channel now. When American Idol is on I also watch that, but that is it.  

SVU_Obsessed

[12]Jan 15, 2007

ariestar18 wrote:
    I am mad at FOX for abruptly ending Tru Calling like they did. I ONLY watch Bones on that channel now. When American Idol is on I also watch that, but that is it.  

I personally can't stand American Idol, I only watch the auditions, then everything after that just bores me. But Tru Calling wasn't even given any time to grow into its potential, fox just expects everything to be a hit on the premiere ep. Anyone else remember 'Wonder Falls'? That show was freakin' hilarious, then of course fox cancels it.

shawshank393

[13]Jan 22, 2007
    It is a disgrace that the show was left at the point it was. They must know that there were still a lot of fans of the show and that we would need closure on the main storyline. They could have at least let the programme makers do that. One question, what were the viewing figures for Tru Calling and what are considered successful viewing figures by Fox?

SVU_Obsessed

[14]Jan 23, 2007

shawshank393 wrote:
    It is a disgrace that the show was left at the point it was. They must know that there were still a lot of fans of the show and that we would need closure on the main storyline. They could have at least let the programme makers do that. One question, what were the viewing figures for Tru Calling and what are considered successful viewing figures by Fox?

I looked a year ago and it was around 3-4 million. I don't know what fox viewing figures are. But on cable 3-4 million is a good thing.

shawshank393

[15]Jan 24, 2007
    3-4 million sounds pretty good. I don't know what Fox expect sometimes.

SVU_Obsessed

[16]Jan 24, 2007

shawshank393 wrote:
    3-4 million sounds pretty good. I don't know what Fox expect sometimes.

They just want everything to be a hit. Tru Calling really wasn't given enough time. Some series don't breakout until at least the 2nd or 3rd season when people actually start noticing them.

Glaceo

[17]Jan 25, 2007
    I saw the last episode, and I felt so pissed cause they just left everything open. Eveyrthing. Davis had been had, Jack and whats her name along with Tru's dad plotting revenge, nothing was going right. And then they ended it.

Firetears

[18]Jan 26, 2007
    • level: 23
    Tru Calling was a GREAT show but the ratings and everything was mediocre. FOX keep shows with 10+ million viewers and throw all the other shows away. Tru Calling was sadly one of them. FOX ordered a 2nd season but they called it off halfway through the 6th episode.

2nahelper

[19]Jan 28, 2007
    Don't forget that this is one of the many shows that got it's time slot either bumped or re-arranged due to Fox showing the World Series & the play off games. Reunion + Vanished are other shows that were screwed in a similar fashion. Or was it Kidnapped. Either way, FOX sucks. I won't watch a new show they have anymore.

SVU_Obsessed

[20]Jan 30, 2007
    They shouldn't have put Tru Calling up against Survivor during its first season, I thought that was the first big mistake they made. They also put it up against another show, but I can't remember which.