Tru Calling Forums

FOX (ended 2005)

Why didnt' Luc ask for help?

Loganace

[1]Aug 5, 2008
    • level: 9
    I don't get why he didn't ask...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SolarMoonTear

[2]Aug 5, 2008
    • level: 14
    I'm not sure, but I think he just wasn't meant to... Tru's mission was done, the person who died on day one was saved. Luc's death happened just because the person that was meant to die didn't. It was just a switch of deaths I guess. Sorry I couldn't give a better theory...

Loganace

[3]Aug 7, 2008
    SolarMoonTear wrote:
    I'm not sure, but I think he just wasn't meant to... Tru's mission was done, the person who died on day one was saved. Luc's death happened just because the person that was meant to die didn't. It was just a switch of deaths I guess. Sorry I couldn't give a better theory...

Your theory is good but then why did people in "longest day" die and asked when they died instead of someone else...

SolarMoonTear

[4]Aug 7, 2008
    Haha, that one was my favorite episode. Well her job wasn't done, it all happened to lead her to saving the guy's daughter. Remember, on the first day his heart was ruined so she had to save his heart. But now the people that asked for her help. The guy that threw that orange box or whatever in the trash can was the guy that was supposed to meet Mancuso in front of the ATM machine to kill him. When Tru went after him as he was going to the hospital, she already did something wrong. Every re-day was a step closer to finding out the whole truth for her, then on the last re-day, she was meant to keep him from going to the hospital (or wherever he asked for those meds from the doctor). He was meant to die, but not by getting shot in the heart like the first day. But anyways, it was all about that guy who killed him in the end.

Loganace

[5]Aug 8, 2008

SolarMoonTear wrote:
    Haha, that one was my favorite episode. Well her job wasn't done, it all happened to lead her to saving the guy's daughter. Remember, on the first day his heart was ruined so she had to save his heart. But now the people that asked for her help. The guy that threw that orange box or whatever in the trash can was the guy that was supposed to meet Mancuso in front of the ATM machine to kill him. When Tru went after him as he was going to the hospital, she already did something wrong. Every re-day was a step closer to finding out the whole truth for her, then on the last re-day, she was meant to keep him from going to the hospital (or wherever he asked for those meds from the doctor). He was meant to die, but not by getting shot in the heart like the first day. But anyways, it was all about that guy who killed him in the end.

It was my favorite ep too,

Well theory makes sence...Thanks...

Cool avatar by the way

Edited on 08/08/2008 8:52am

SolarMoonTear

[6]Aug 8, 2008

Haha well I gave it my best...

Thanks! Made it myself.

Loganace

[7]Aug 11, 2008
    SolarMoonTear wrote:

Haha well I gave it my best...

Thanks! Made it myself.

Nice...What did you use to make it?

Never did get how to make em move...

I'm pretty good with non moving pictures thou Photoshop 4ever!

Edited on 08/11/2008 6:55am

SolarMoonTear

[8]Aug 11, 2008
    Oh I just used GIF Animator. Got a few pics with Movie Maker then set them all in a line in GIF. But unfortunately, I still can't figure out how to make a perfect-clarity screenshot... They're all blurry.

BWT1234

[9]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 2
    i think luc didnt need to ask for help because he was there for answers about tru so he could trust her again. I thought he shouldn't have listened to jack but thats what happens in tv shows. I would just fallow my instincts. He probably just wanted to trust and protect tru but like merideth said "You can't save everybody, tru"

fitz_15

[10]Aug 14, 2008
    • level: 7
    I kinda wished she coulda saved Nick the fireman can you imagine it? They looked so good together.... io want that calendar he was a good Mr.September!!

netgoddess

[11]Sep 17, 2009
    • level: 10
    fitz_15 wrote:
    I kinda wished she coulda saved Nick the fireman can you imagine it? They looked so good together.... io want that calendar he was a good Mr.September!!

I did quite like Nick the fireman. I think they would have been good together, and he could have handled her secret. He risked his life daily to save others, so he would understand what she was going through.

atc4gvn

[12]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 20

netgoddess wrote:
    I did quite like Nick the fireman. I think they would have been good together, and he could have handled her secret. He risked his life daily to save others, so he would understand what she was going through.
    OH my gosh! I never thought of it like that! But that's off topic there. I have no idea why Luc didn't ask for help. It really wasn't fate that he die, but I guess the people that ask for help in the original day are the ones fate intends to help Tru out on. Although... remember the day when she found someone ELSE to ask, so she could go back and help out HER loved one? That was an ORIGINAL day though. A reask on a REDAY wasn't lookin' so good.

Sci-FiLover22

[13]May 11, 2013
    • level: 3
    atc4gvn wrote:

netgoddess wrote:
    OH my gosh! I never thought of it like that! But that's off topic there. I have no idea why Luc didn't ask for help. It really wasn't fate that he die, but I guess the people that ask for help in the original day are the ones fate intends to help Tru out on. Although... remember the day when she found someone ELSE to ask, so she could go back and help out HER loved one? That was an ORIGINAL day though. A reask on a REDAY wasn't lookin' so good.

i agree completly.

Sci-FiLover22

[14]May 11, 2013
    • level: 3

on commentary dvds alot of this questions are answered.

and

the writers made sure early on we understood how things work with tru and her powers..

1.when someone dies thats wasnt meant to die.if they come across tru the night theyve died they will ask for her help. and her day would rewind.

2.on the longest day.her day keep rewindingb/c ppl that wasnt faithed to die keep dying fortru mistake.in the beginning the guy heart was destoryed.tru job was only to save him so his heart wouldnt be destoryed so she could save his daughter.that why he had ask for help to save his daughter.tru had to let faith get what it wanted.or on putting out the fire.he ask for help but he was fated to die.he only ask for help to save that little girl.

3.on d.oa they did mirror image.when one body ask for help but the day dont rewind and another body does and it rewinds.one commited sucide the other was murderer.in a mirror image the roles would be switch between the bodies.

4.saving ppl that arent meant to be saved.tru did this for jensen and jack was rightit did have counsiness.jensen started to remember everything he did.which if the show would have keep going.jensen would have went crazy and been in a crazy house.and that wud let tru know that if she save someone that suppose to die.that it could affect their living life.

5.a body can ask for help after its been died a very long time but her day dont rewind.she just suppose to help that dead person family from something.

anyhow

luc didnt ask for help like someone else said b/c he was day 2 of the rewind.if it had been day 1 then things wud have turned out different. and luc had to die in harrison place.and whos knows maybe he wud have ask for help b/c not all the bodies ask for help soon as they hear tru.it takes a couple of mintues.tru didnt even stay by the body long enough like jensento see if he wud ask for help.

alot of this question are common in sense and some are answered in the dvd comentary.

tru job is to save people that ask for her help.save their lives for a better outcome.jack job is to keep people death on track.they play off eachother which keeps a balance.i mean we cant have tru saving everybody otherwise their wud be no deaths and we cant have jack making sure everyone dies then theirs no life.by having 2 ppl with the same powers who used them differently they had balance.