Tru Calling

Pilot

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 30, 2003 on FOX

• Not so good.

Well most people would judge a show by it's pilot but if these people saw Tru Calling's pilot the show would have been dead by the 10th episode.

As an Eliza Dushku fan I was very happy about her having her own show but was very upset about the quality of the pilot.

Now this is a t.v show about a 22 year old woman who had to work at a morgue of mostly people who die before their time.
    Her name is Tru. Now Tru could listen to the voices of dead people and relive the day they died so she can save them.

It's an interesting story lne which should have been given a better first episode.

Now in the first episode Tru starts to become familiar with her gift of talking to the dead.
    A woman called Rebecca wants Tru's help.
    But only she asked for that help while she was dead.
    So Tru sets out to help Rebecca Morgan on an exciting mission after she goes back to the beginning of the previous day. The day Rebecca died.

Now the writing is great although the acting of this episode was not that good.

First Eliaza Dushku's preformance was quite plain.
    She did not show alot of reaction , she was talking to dead people so there should be a little more emotion.

The way the episode was plotted was not realistic not that talking to the dead is realistic but it was just a bit lame that erything happened so quickly. The events rushed from one to another.

What I mean is that one second we are at Rebecca's problems and another second we were saying Tru trying to save her brother or stop her sister from taking drugs.

Everything was solved to quickly.
    She managed to find the adress of each of the people she was looking for in seconds.
    And her speech to Rebecca in the end made her give up the idea of killing herself easily although the speech was not even written in a powerful way of meaning.

Some of the dialogue was cheesy.

But what I really liked about the episode is the great computer digital tuning and designing there was.
    Making the scenes more techno.

I give this episode a C+.

The story is very good but should be put in another more productive way.

Well I'll give the show a chance for upcoming episodes.
  • Pilot took a chance and was pleasently surprised!

Unatural deaths reversed!!!!
    Having dumped their problems on Tru (nicely played by Buffy's Eliza Dushku), the dead then somehow by miracle maybe send her back in time, one day only, for reasons that are unexplained. She must right whatever went wrong for the dearly departed, which is her reward for wishing she could have somehow prevented her mother's murder when she was a little girl. The show doesn't overshine: Tru can't solve everyone's problems every time. And the plots, if not always involving, are at least complicated.
  • This episode is the pilot and does a good job setting the stage for the show.

This episode is the pilot and does a good job setting the stage for the show. The show developes and grows as you go from one episode to the next. Each episode stands well by itself too. In this episode you are introduced to some of the main characters in the show and given some of the background of Tru's life. You are and Tru are introduced tp Tru's gift. Death bodies asked Tru for help and the day re-winds the moment she hears the words, "Help me." The day re-winds to the moment that Tru last woke-up. Tru feels that it is her mission to provide the help that was asked for by the death person. Unfortunately, she does not always know much about how the person died or who the person is. You realize that she is going to need help with her mission. In each of the first few episodes, Tru starts gaining the help she needs to provide her services and forfill her calling.
  • A great way to start off a really good show.

Tru just graduated from college on the day her mother died ten years earlier. The strange thing is that she heard her dead mother talk to her at her funeral. Tru shows up for her job at the hospital but instead is sent to the morgue to work. When Tru is alone she hears someone asking for help. Then the day is reset and Tru has to stop her from dying. She inpresses everyone by how much she knows about the day that didn't fhappen yet. Tru thinks she saved the girl from her ex boyfriend when she realises that she killed herself. So Tru comes to the rescue and saves her from dieing. This was a very good episode to start off this great show.
  • An interesting start to an interesting series

Okay as far as pilots go this one was one of the best I've seen.

It contained background information which is always important in the pilot episode so you know what is going on. Not just for Tru but for her brother and sister too. I loved that it gave you background right at the start because that made it different usually shows are all you figure it out at the beginning and trying to make you think about it but this kinda just came out and said something.

I can say I loved Harrison from the start because he has that bluntness vibe going for him. I didn't really like Mere but that's because she has that weird kind or vibe going fo her.

This was an interesting start to this show for many reasons. When Tru had that rewind day it was like something you would talk about in English. She got her calling and she knew what she had to do but she didn't know how to go about doing it which is something we all go through so it was easy to relate to. And I loved how (Eliza) was playing a character so similar and so different from her character Faith on Buffy. I also enjoyed the fact that she didn't just save the life of Rebecca but she also helped her family out too.

I think this was a great start to a superb series.
  • The Pilot episode of Tru Calling. Tru Davies begins work at the city morgue, and can hear dead people talking to her. This all began when her mother died when Tru was a child. This episode deals with Tru having to stop a woman from dying by a gunshot woun

This is a solid and outstanding Pilot episode of Tru Calling. This episode gives background information on Tru Davies' mother (who was tragically murdered), her brother, sister and boyfriend. Tru can hear the dead speak in her dreams, and she must use those dreams to help people. In this episode, she dreams of a woman who comes into the morgue (where Tru works) with a gunshot wound in her neck, and she must find out how to stop this woman from dying when she wakes up. Overall, this was a very good episode, and a great start to an excellent season of Tru Calling.
  • Review of episode 1

Tru Davies is a smart young 22 year old who just graduated. She wants to get into med school, but her funding does not go through in the hospital. So she decides to work part time at the morgue, examining bodies and collecting samples from the corpses. However, things don’t go as planned when the dead body of a woman calls out to her for help, and Tru finds herself reliving the same day again. She must now find Rebecca Morgan (the dead woman who asked for her help) and save her from her death before it’s too late. Meanwhile, she also tries to get save her brother Harrison from getting into trouble, and try to help her sister from drugs.

I thought this was an excellent pilot episode and a great start to the series! I’ve seen Eliza Dushku only in Buffy, but she has acted wonderfully here. It’s too bad this show got cancelled. Anyway, I look forward to watching the rest of the episodes from Season 1 and 2.
  • The One When Tru Recieves Her Powers

This is the first of the 26 episodes in the Tru Calling series. We meet Tru Davies, a graduated College Student who is ready for her internship at a hospital but when it falls through she finds herself working at the city morgue before she can take her test for Medical School. But on her first night she hears strange noises coming from the crypt. She opens a door to where a dead woman named Rebecca Morgan opens her eys and asks for help and Tru rewinds the day.
    Tru know realises that she has this power to save people. She tries to protect Rebecca from her death yet to come, there are loads of suspects but then at the end they find out that Rebecca's death was not caused by homoside, but suicide. Luckily though, Tru convinces Rebecca not to kill herself. Tru then promises to try her best at saving everyone who asks for her help.
    Meanwhile, during the rewind day Tru tries her best to stop her sister Meredith from taking drugs and her brother Harrison for not gambling and getting himself hurt.
  • Tru Davies gets more than she bargained for when she starts working in the city morgue. The body of a dead woman asks her for help and she finds herself reliving the day in order to save her life.

Tru Davies (Eliza Dushku) is a medical student who finds a job in the city morgue. Working the graveyard shift is creepy enough but to find that the dead are talking to her causes her to question her sanity, especially when the day rewinds and she has to do it over again...only this time she has to save the life of the woman who had died on the previous version of the day.

Tru needs little convincing that she is reliving the day and is soon racing across the city as she tries to piece together the mystery of what happened. Something she seems not entirely cut out for as she initially scares off the woman she is trying to help.

Tru also has the additional problems of trying to keep her family out of trouble. With her older sister battling a drug addiction and her younger brother getting in over his head with a gambling problem, Tru must find a way to help her family as well as the victim.

A good pilot episode which opened a realm of possibilities with regard to the future direction of the show.
  • Beginning of Tru

When I first watched this show was exactly in its first episode's rerun. Tru is a smart and sexy girl who discovered that has the gift of reliving days to save dead people who asked for help. The story of the show is fantastic and very creative. Too bad the show was produced by FOX. The Pilot is one of the best episodes from the whole series. The first day Tru rewinds is more for introducion the story of the series than introducing the characteres. In the first episode it's possible to viewers to see the potential of the show. This episode made me feel interested to keep watching the show, that got better and better every week, in evry episode. The show was cancelled before a short second season aired, but in april the season aired. FOX didn't like the ratings of the first season (don't know how to answer why they renew the show then) that weren't so bad, but FOX probably thought it wasn't their kind of ratings. So, Tru continues saving people... but off screen.