A True Blood Community
HBO (ended 2014)

Fangbangers, fairy-f*ckers, and werewolf love-makers, fantastic news! HBO has renewed True Blood for a seventh season, quite simply because no matter how insanely ludicrous this show gets, you will still watch it. A giant robot built out of rusty old Volkswagens could land in Bon Temps without explanation and shoot Lafayette into space and people would just be like, "Oh, okay." Season 7 will debut next summer; an episode count was not announced.

True Blood is currently in its sixth season (read Lily's great review of Sunday's episode right here!) full of blood-pool reincarnations, ancient fairies, and frantic humping. It's the first season without creator Alan Ball captaining the ship, but while ratings have dipped since the show's heyday and Game of Thrones has usurped its status of network darling, the ratings haven't dropped nearly far enough for HBO to consider cancellation, and chatter about the show remains strong. 

Congratulations to all the True Blood cast members, who are probably all doing lots of sit-ups to celebrate. 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/24/2014

Season 7 : Episode 10

43 Comments
Comments (43)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Sorry, but to keep this show on, make it less ridiculous and never cross it with GAME OF THRONES, the best show on tv EVER.
Flag
hope they go back to 12 episodes!!!!
Flag
So long they not kill off Jessica it's all good! This show is one of the most crazy on TV it's not only fun too watch but you don't know what crazy complete out of no were storyline they pulling out next!
Flag
YAY
Flag
I love True Blood and these are fangastic news! Season 6 is great so far and it actually reminds me a lot of TB's first couple of seasons.
Flag
Actually, it make a lot of sense that they renew the show for another season, simply because season 6 it's pretty good, really, it's been a while since this show surprised me, and this season, it's doing it in every episode. So yay! good news!

I think if they could just remove the werewolves and Terry's storyline, things could be even better. (I love Todd Lowe, but c'mon, that storyline it's booooooring!).

Flag
A giant robot built out of rusty old Volkswagens could land in Bon Temps without explanation and shoot Lafayette into space and people would just be like, "Oh, okay."

Hey now, this season actually makes sense. No weird supernatural species popping out of nowhere, no main-character developing a new super-power, now random weirdness going on that you hope will make sense by the end of the season. This season is surprisingly stable, it's building/developing on the events that happened last season (Warlow, Lilith, the consequences of bombing the Tru-Blood factory), and there are a few twists here and there, but nothing out-right absurd is happening.

It seems like this new writer is actually sane.
Flag
'A giant robot built out of rusty old Volkswagens could land in Bon Temps without explanation and shoot Lafayette into space and people would just be like, "Oh, okay." I very much doubt this would be the response from fans if this happened to Lafayette, there would definitely be more death threats then, "Oh, okay's".

I would feel more comfortable knowing whether or not the new head writer already had plans as to where he wants to lead the characters heading towards an eventual end. That doesn't seem to be in the near future though, and like others have said, despite my constant eye-rolling at the show, I'll continue to watch until (the hopefully not bitter) end.
Flag
Empty your brain and enjoy the ride.
Flag
I will say, not all the True Blood reviews are.....cogent at times, but much like the episode itself, the review was one of the best I've read. The frank gushing over the Fae scene was amusing ;P .
Flag
Woohoo! Now can we *please* get rid of Tara??!
Flag
I miss the old Tara...actually I wish we could go back to season 1 and have that quality span over 7 seasons instead!
Flag
How many episodes will there be ? only 10 ????? -_-
Flag
Yay! Btw how does this Community stuff work on here? I joined and have no idea what the hell to do really.
Flag
Truly happy about this! This show is still so much FUN. It's not extremely original or something like that. But the entertainment factor is still very high, in my opinion. A show doesn't have to be boring (like Mad Men. Please don't kill me for saying that...) to be good! :)
Flag
WHY ?
Flag
I'm still watching but it's a bit meh. I guess renewal is better than cancellation.
Flag
This is what i want hear during a current season airing...
By hearing about renewal into middle of the current playing season...
And this is why I love or like Cable Tv alot better than Network Channels...

Welcome to the early renewal pick-up of the season for next years...
- Pretty Little Liars - Season 3 picks up during midseason and Season 4 during the Summer
- Melissa & Joey Season 3 picks up during midseason and Season 4 during the Summer
- Falling Skies - Season 3 current airing and Season 4 during the Summer
- True Blood - Season 6 current airing and Season 7 during the Summer

Last time I've heard about renewal into middle of the current playing season...
It was with Sons of Anarchy, Haven, Justified and The Walking Dead....

I am so glad True Blood is renewed and coming back next year...
I am really loving and liking the current season so far... And also new add characters as well...

I happen to find Willa more likeble than Nora Eric's sister alot... Out them borh being connection to Eric's blood...
I hope Willa stays for awhile be apart of next years season event... I cannot really stand Nora at all.
It's really good thing Willa has more screen time and Nora has background time less into play this season now...
More+
Flag
I think it deserves it. Seasons 4 and 5 might have been relative disasters but the current season is strong IMO. The mythology has never been as tightly woven nor as personally connected to the heroine and other major characters (i.e. the vampires). The only concern for me is that I'm not sure how they're going to top S6's A-plot with the fae and the vampire war and I'm worried this means they won't fully resolve it and will stretch these storylines into next season. I don't want the "tightness" of S6 sacrificed so they have some steam left over for S7. Even though it's good it really has felt as if they were building up to the end, especially in regard to Sookie's arc. She's stronger and more in touch with her fae side than ever before. So is she going to become so powerful that she potentially loses all relatability or are they going to backtrack and weaken her up? Neither sound appealing but one will have to happen if they want to continue for another entire season (and beyond?). You can't have a stagnant lead and right now Sookie's at a point where she's royalty and can make vampire-killing nuke balls with her hands.

So basically I am both hopeful and worried.
More+
Flag
It's good that the show is renewed, but I feel next season should be the last.
Flag
YES!
Flag

'Congratulations to all the True Blood cast members, who are probably all doing lots of sit-ups to celebrate. '

Tim - you are funny! I had to giggle but you are also probably accurate cause is there any other cast that is as fit and hot as TB's? And so often nude or partially nude? I don't watch Teen Wolf but I still think TB wins on this front... GoT includes lots of furs (north) and courtly robes (chez charming Joffrey)
Flag
Teen Wolf definitely wins out because I not a male on that show is unfit (then again they're all in their late teens, early twenties so...)
Flag
There's more male skin on TW (no butts though...thank god), and I would say that the TW actors are more fit than the TB actors. A lot of it is of course due to the fact that they're younger.

But the closest you'll ever get to *female* partial nudity on TW is when someone is wearing a dress that doesn't cover the knees.
Flag
Sweet! I'm glad True Blood will continue. I like this show very much.
Flag
If the season continues like it is now, I'll continue.

It's not as good as the early stuff, but I'm enjoying it a lot more than I was last season. If I was only enjoying it as much as last season, I'd probably stop watching all together. Or just DVR it and fast forward it so I only see the Jessica and Pam scenes.
Flag
Actually I gave up watching it, I haven't seen any of this season. The writers of True Blood have fucked with me too long and I'm sick of it, well no longer sir, and never again.
Flag
This season is pretty okay, it's actually continuing with the things that were set up at the end of last season (who's Warlow, what's going on with Bill/Lilith, etc). Nothing's really come out of left-field.
Flag
I might watch it once I've finished Orange is the New Black and gotten all caught up with everything else. Between everything going on right now I'm finding a lack of free time.
Flag
They are right: I'm still going to watch it.
Flag
I feel so dirty. Because you have totally called it. I bitch a lot about how ridiculous the show has become, but you are right. I WILL still watch it. <hangs head in shame>
Flag
I watch this show BECAUSE of how batshit crazy it gets lol it's been my nip/tuck replacement since it's premiere
Flag
I've always said that Alan Ball is a slightly more talented Ryan Murphy.
Flag
LOL! Nip tuck. that takes me back. some of the storylines made my head explode - so bloody addictive though. I think I'm sensing a pattern here....
Flag
Niptuck was deliciously trashy camp the first few seasons, the last two were just trash lol
Flag
Follow this Show
Members