A True Blood Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on HBO
Thanks to everyone who voted in Round 1! Here are a couple of notes from Round 1:

1) 5 of the 26 matchups were extremely lopsided with the winner getting more than 90% of the voted (Bracket A #3, Bracket A#4, Bracket B #1, Bracket B #2, and Bracket C #1)

2) The highest vote getter was Bracket A #4 - the Color Red Character combo poster with 97% of the vote in its matchup

3) The closest matchup came in Bracket D between the Season 3 Character poster for Jessica narrowly beating out the Season 3 Character poster for Sookie by 53% to 47%

4) You (as a group) disagreed with the seedings in 6 of the 26 Round 1 matchups with the most egregious example coming in Bracket C where the #13 seed upset the #4 seed.

5) Despite my complaint that I felt that both of Pam and Jessica's posters were lackluster and I seeded them accordingly - your collective love of these characters sent both their posters into Round 2.

Just a reminder - TV posters have become one of my favorite ways to show my appreciation for a good television show. Some shows have gone out of their way to create a considerable collection of great posters (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Fringe have the largest number of unique non-character posters I've been able to find). In the case of True Blood I was able to track down a total of 58 different posters for this show (thank you HBO!) and I do indeed have one of them on my wall. I have broken down the massive 64 team bracket down into 4 mini-brackets (A,B,C, and D) by a combination of season and classification as character or thematic posters. Here are the matchups for Round 2:

Bracket A - Season 4 and 5 Character Posters

(1) Color White (Sam, Lafayette, Tara) Season 4 vs (8) Jessica Season 5

poll

(4) Combined poster of Season 4 Characters vs (12) Pam Season 5

poll

(3) Color Red (Eric, Bill, Alcide, Sookie) Season 4 vs (6) Lafayette Season 5

poll

(2) Color Black (Jason, Jessica, Pam) Season 4 vs (7) Tara Season 5

poll

BRACKET B - Season 2 Character Posters, Season 5 and Season 6 Theme Posters

(1) Eric Season 2 vs (5) Bill and Sookie Season 2

poll