A True Blood Community
HBO (ended 2014)

Well, guys, it's official. HBO has confirmed recent rumors that True Blood's seventh season, set to air next summer, will mark the show's True Death. 

The news shouldn't really come as a shock; the clock has been ticking on Bon Temps for quite some time. And while many people think the series should've ended a few seasons ago—and they might be right—let's not forget that there were times during Season 6 where it felt like the series had finally gotten its groove back.

I know that some of you—like, maybe a dozen or so—might be sad to hear this news, but look at it this way: Now Alexander Skarsgård will have more time to get drunk and angry at football matches. That's way more entertaining.

Now that we've only got one season left, what do you want to see in Season 7?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/24/2014

Season 7 : Episode 10

91 Comments
Comments (91)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
This is terrible for us, the fans =(
Flag
thanks god we still have THE ORIGINAL'S best show ever
Flag
Inlove this show but I do have to agree it has lost its swag
Flag
I think it would be great if the show would end. There's no more stories to tell. No twists to take. It'll be good for the show if they leave something worth remembering though. And it'll also be good for the cast to venture out and portrait other characters in order to grow and not be labeled.
Flag
It's good to know this train wreck will finally slide to a halt. I don't know how the writers will hold this abused series down in season 7, but I have to assume that it will involve wild inconsistencies in character behaviour, plot holes, cheap killings for shock value, a cutsey portrayal of female on male rape and the worst actors with the worst lines getting the most screen time.
Flag
Actually, Eric is my favorite character from this show! I SERTENLY would like to come back stronger but ..it won't happen.. I already knew that season 7 is the last one..im not happy that it finally ends:( cause its one of the best shows i have ever seen!
Flag
I hate Vampires and yet this is my favorite show. One of the reasons is, it doesn't take itself to serious !!! ... than there is this amazing cast !!! WOW .. and Sookie, I loved her since HurlyBurly.
Flag
Good decision HBO. As much as Season 6 was an improvement on 5 (which was a total bore with that Authority storyline), it wasted the potentially interesting Warlow's storyline and it ended with a timejump after which we have a) Soapy love triangle Alcide-Sookie-Bill and b) Zombie-vamps to look forward to...
Aside from vampires, TB has failed to create and deliver interesting supernatural stories: the werewolves have been always boring (even naked), the werepanthers (Hotshot!) just creepy, the fairies mythology has been consistently muddled & silly (fairy nightclub!) and the witches totally wasted potential. Then we had that Maenad storyline and the Iffrit.... No comments on those...
The vampires have been the only interesting group with compelling stories and characters Pam, Eric, Godric, Russell Edgington, even Steve Newlin was a complex & contradictory guy. From last season James, Violet & Willa were the highlight so it makes sense that TB is given one last season to round things up focusing on delivering a vampire show with small town romance intrigue...
Flag
I want to see Sookie and Eric together, or Sookie with a nice human/shifter/were (Alcide will do in a pinch).
Flag
I don't need to see it to know that Eric would stand by Sookie's side until she grows old and die, but I had this picture in my mind of Eric & Sookie watching over his grandprogeny at the porch of her house; Tara talking about what a great family they had, Pam & Willa bickering at the background.

It seems so stupid now, but I'm kind of sad it'll never happen. Even if I'm sure, whether it happens or not, Eric would stand by Sookie's side.
Flag
I actually wasn't going to watch it Once Eric leaves and he was supposed to leave next season

WIN WIN!!
Flag
I kinda figured it would end soon, because there have been alot of hints for awhile. One of them was when the show first aired, Stephen Moyer went on Chelsea Lately and said any TV show you do, you have to sign a 7 season contract. Second hint was Alex talking about leaving the show. Also, these actors can't play vamps forever, and Anna and Stephen did just have twins not too long ago so they probably want a break so they can be there to actually take care of them. The show had a great run, but some things just have to end unfortunately, but I am sure the show will not end there. There won't be a show anymore but they will probably continue the show through comic books like they did with Buffy and Angel.
Flag
Sign petition and share link

http://www.change.org/petitions/hbo-network-true-blood-should-not-be-canceled

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/dont-end-true-blood.html
Flag
A spinoff?
NWO*-True Order !
*Nymphos Werewolf Orgies :)
Flag
I haven't seen this show.. Have I missed something important by not doing so?
Flag
Its fairy-tale, only thing is the fairy interacts with classic monsters rather than Princes and peasants.
Flag
Thanks !
Flag
Even though it probably should end, I liked last season and I would keep watching it. All I know is it can't end any worse than the books.
Flag
Not the news i wanted 2 hear, but im glad this season was so good.
So i got a good feeling! Bring on the end!!!
Flag
Seven seasons is a good run for a supernatural show.
Flag
I absolutely LOVE this show, but I think it's time to end! Hopefully a happy one at that! :)
Flag
This is probabaly for the best.
Flag
I've still got Season 6 to watch, so a marathon is coming up. If it's as good as people say it is, then I don't want next season to be the last. But it's already decided, so why whine about it. Something else good will be coming soon.

Flag
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Flag
You know, I don't want to sound sexist or anything... but, really, only a chick would think for a second that Skarsgård was angry during that video.
So the dude is (obviously) drunk and was shouting during a football game, getting his whole section going with a rally chant, but you think that's him being angry, Kaitlin?
Please go to a game at MetLife, while the Patriots destroyed the Jets, and then you will know what true drunken angriness looks like.

... Oh, and yeah, saw that last season thing coming - after you get vampires walking under the sun, it's either time to call it quit or make Dracula the Big Bad for next season - which, even though it is the end, they still could do.

Let's hope they will refrain from going 'David-Goyer' on us.
Flag
I think your point is totally valid but it should be 'only a non-football aficionado'... I agree that the atmosphere in a football match leads to behaviours that can look angry/obnoxious outside the pitch but seem to be part of the normal etiquette while watching a match...
Flag
I kept saying next season should be the last, and it is. I can't say I'm optimistic about the final season, because I'm not optimistic about final seasons in general. Breaking Bad is one of the few exceptions, but Dexter is leaving a really bad taste in my mouth by having it's final season be one of the worst seasons, and those fucks knew two seasons in advance it would be the end. So yeah, that kind of lowers my hopes for this final season being good, along with the many times I've been burned by this show. There are lots of things from this show that I don't ever want to see again, but then there are some things I don't want to stop seeing, like Eric and Pam.
Flag
WTF!!!
Flag
I stopped watching after season 3. I'm surprised the show lasted as long as it did.
Flag
I don't understand what some people are talking about, how it lost its groove. this show never lost its groove or anything, one episode after another they put out a really excellent show. Dedicated fans to this show know this. If this is leaving and Dexter is ending and so is breaking bad what are we left with? A lot of reject reality tv. If I want reality I will go outside. This sickens me to the core.
Flag
Well there was a lot of b'tchin, about season three's ending. I didn't think that seasons 4 or 5, were near as good as seasons 1, 2 and 6. But season 1 was a masterpiece, it's hard to recreate that. But i understand though, after how good last season was, i'm sad to see the next season will be the last. But i still have The Walking Dead and American Horror Story for my horror fix. Game of Thrones and now Sleepy Hollow are decent shows as well.
Flag
I really liked the last season, and was hoping the new show runner would have a few more seasons.
Flag
Shame, last season was good.
At least I can read the books then.
Flag
Im not shocked, however season 6 made me fall in love all over again. This saddens me deeply. :(
Flag
Should of been ended come on man n Fairies really
Flag
This is not shocking at all the show was on the decline hopefully they give it a decent final season not expecting nothing amazing but we shall see
Flag
I think a other big reason for this show ending is the actors maybe got tired of the roles! :S
Flag

There's a time for everything, and I guess now is the time for True Blood. Better to quit when the show is at least a little bit relevant, than to go on for too long and see the actors leave the show. Seven seasons is not a bad run. Isn't the standard contract in Hollywood seven years anyway? So actors must stay on a show for that long if the producers see it fit, and after that the actors can start bailing the show if they want to. Now True Blood avoids all that hassle.
Flag
Shame seasons 2-5 weren't as good as season 6. I liked main stories in those seasons,but support characters had horrible plots and some characters just wouldn't die and leave the show!(Tommy,Tara,etc.).
Since they know it will end,I hope they don't do Dexter type of final season,but Breaking Bad type of season.Giving these 2 shows as an example,because they are in their final season.
Flag

Well, I guess Sookie's fantasy journey quest beings and ends, with the Mr. Right she fall in love with since... So, It is Sookie & Bill now & forever and True Blood has been their tale spin story version based off the novel book series...

And thank god True Blood is going to end exactly like Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, with the same among of seasons and seeing the real love birds resuming back together on real times...

Flag
Didn't "Buffy, the vampire slayer" ended in season 7 ? If "Angel" lasted 7 seasons too, this could be the third vampire show to end in the same tradition.
Flag
I just heard from Anna's character Sookie, got written in during Season 4... Her favorite witch shows are Sabrina, the Teenage Witch and Charmed...

So i am so happy for Anna Paquin, her show is ending just like her favorite show she's likes Sabrina, the Teenage Witch... Includes the same among of seasons and seeing the real love birds resuming back together on real times...

And yes, Buffy The Vampire Slayer did end it's course after 7 seasons and Angel didn't make it to 7 Seasons, only 5 seasons... But Buffy & Angel isn't in the question anymore... Since True Blood & Buffy, Angel, are not comparable or related to each other at all. And Also, True Blood played on cable tv and both Buffy and Angel played on Network Channels... And I think Buffy is more related to that known called series of The Vampire Diaries... Since Candice Accola actress as Caroline Forbes. reference something this isn't the Buffy game last season....
Flag
It just seems the same structure to me: an idealized version of a vampire (Bill) & a somewhat realistic version of it (Eric) sneak their way into the female lead's life leaving supernatural upheaval at their path.

The show is about so much more than Buffy's Sookie's love life yet, 7 seasons later, we found ourselves wondering which one'd she choose rather than how to stop the Hep V infected hordes, what kind of baby'd be Sam's or whether this town could finally embrace its vampire residents.
Flag
No, Eric isn't gonna happen like the Books for Sookie into True Blood... So that is out of the very question... If that is so then? Why did they stop their dream together since Season 4...

Anyway, they're already said Season 7 will centered around built love triangle between Sookie, Werewolf and Bill... This was into the making development for a bit of time now since Season 3... That's way we see the last scene of Season 6 Finale close like that... They' are setting up something serious into Sookie love life after 6 months past by... By putting her into love triangle between the Werewolf and Bill...

And Sookie's last line in Season 6 Finale, What is it Guys? That is telling something, we will be hearing alot of guys lines with Werewolf and Bill, form of a love triangle into Season 7 involving around Sookie...

So yeah, don't be surprise Sookie ends up with the same Mr. Right. they've started her off with since the beginning... And this love triangle built thing is just signs and messages, is just seeing her resume restore of new start will Bill...
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Buffy lasted seven seasons, Angel 'only' lasted five.:)
Flag
Flag
It does feel like its run its course. I recommend Hemlock Grove and in places kind of prefer it. If you've had enough of fang bangers then maybe a twist on Norse mythology might be more your cup of tea. I highly recommend The Almighty Johnsons. There's going to be a shift from the supernatural dramas to Sc-fi ones I think.
Flag
Hemlock Grove is the worst TV show I've ever seen, and I'm not one of those people who say that all the time. I don't think I've ever said it before I saw this one. I would rather watch Baywatch Nights.
Flag
Hemlock Grove's alright, I wouldn't necessarily recommend Walking Dead for True Blood fans... I think In The Flesh is more along the lines of True Blood. Zombies re-entering society, but not all humans are happy about it. Too bad season 1 is only 3 eps long, but it was renewed for Season 2.
Flag
There's also Grimm for a supernatural community living amongst humans and The Walking Dead for humans faced with a supernatural threat.
Flag
I don't watch TWD but definitely recommend Grimm, a very solid supernatural show - more procedural based but it keeps building nice interesting arc stories and the support characters are great too
Flag
The myth arc is suprisingly consistent too, and actors from True Blood - like the one who played Franklin Mott - have recurrent roles.
Flag
Flag
Had me at Norse mythology...gonna check it out:D
Flag
Hemlock Grove was pretty cool. I Netflixed season one over a weekend. I couldn't get into the Almighty Johnsons, I kept flicking channels after a couple of minutes. Might have to give it another go.
Flag
Wouldn't mind more naked Alexander Skärsgård. How about an Eric-spin off? No Bill (finally rid of him), no whiny Sookie - just Eric.
Flag
This. Exept, how about an Eric and Godric show? Could show their adventures together back in the olden times. That could be interesting. Or an Eric & Pam show. As long as it had no Tara, I'd be delighted.
Flag
Would suit me just fine. Leave Bill, Sookie and Tara out...keep Lafayette - oh, and please let us get rid of Sam too.
Flag
With how good Season 6 I was, I was hoping they'd pull out atleast another two seasons. Summers wont be the same without Bon Temps in my life.
Flag
number 7 suck ...

i honestly think TB deserves...

2 more seasons ...
Flag
Poll

This is somewhat sad news (I really do like True Blood), but not all that surprising. And further, at least they're going into it knowing that this will be it, so it gives the creative team a chance to really (hopefully) go out with a bang. So let's look forward to the new season!

Flag
I want to see a Swamp Monster, dammit.
Flag
Crap, True Blood is the only reason my mom keeps HBO. I use her login for HBO Go, I'm losing Game of Thrones.
Flag
HBO Login? Seriously? You ever heard of torrents, dude?
Flag
Cue the people complaining it was long overdue....so annoying.
Flag
I saw the original pilot, which was basically the same except a few different actors, and thought it was alright and then I didn't watch the show until before season 3 started. I like it, it can be batshit crazy but that's ok... sometimes... honestly I'm glad it's ENDING and not just dragging everything out even more and possibly getting cancelled. I think more shows should do that, go out on their own terms without leaving things too open ended.
Flag
All I know is HBO better have a new show where hot woman like to take their clothes off.... and less dudes doing the same.
Flag
It feels like the right time to me.

I wish to see Jessica saving Andy and his daughter, a hint the Northmans will prevail even if Eric never returns and the peopke of Bon Temps adjust to their shapeshifter Mayor, prominent werewolves in the community and half fae residents (Adalynd, Sookie, etc.)

Fangs for the memories everyone!

Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    Hunted Poking the Bear
    NEW
    CBS
  •  
    Blindspot Draw O Caesar, Erase a Coward
    NEW
    NBC