A True Blood Community
HBO (ended 2014)

It breaks my heart to know that in another few weeks, we'll be saying goodbye to that twangy “I wanna do bad things to yeeeeeeeeeeoooooouuuu!” that's opened new episodes of True Blood for the last seven years.

However, as much as I don’t want the series finale to arrive, there’s a certain giddiness to the show right now, a certain cavalier swagger that makes me think there’s no major character the writers would hesitate to kill off before sunsetting the series. And that makes every episode—can you believe there are only four left?—feel dangerous and loaded with possibilities. And by "possibilities," I mean "opportunities to gamble."

Who do you think True Blood will kill off in its final episodes? I’ll play nice and give you my odds on each character's chances of staying alive before you put your money down, although I’ll also add I am terrible at math:

BILL: Currently, Mr. Compton is dying awfully fast. Even if a cure can be synthesized, his Hep-V seems to be moving pretty damn quick. Still, killing off the lead feels like too big of an F U to True Blood's fans, especially after all the work the show has done this season to make Bill a lovable southern gentleman once again. 

Odds: 10-1

ERIC: Eric was well-nigh killed off last season on an icy mountaintop. It would be just like True Blood to cure his Hep-V and then have him randomly staked by Sarah Newlin before she’s epically killed by Pam. If Eric isn’t endgame, then he’s probably a tragic hero.

Odds: 2-1

PAM: Pam would probably throw herself in front of a stake to save Eric, but the only people who adore her more than True Blood's fans are True Blood's writers. I’m guessing they give her a happy ending.

Odds: 8-1

JESSICA: Jessica is in trouble, because she’s standing between Violet and Jason, and now also Violet and Adilyn if Violet is into that fairy blood. However, she’s always functioned as an audience proxy, the Sookie of the vampires. I’d be shocked if she dies.

Odds: 8-1

JASON: The abs that launched a thousand DVRs. Jason has run afoul of a vampiress, and that’s not a safe place to be; add in the fact he’s a hot guy who loves Sookie and he’s very at risk. 

Odds: 5-1

LAFAYETTE: I think we all want to see Lafayette find a happy ending with James. Of course, Nelsan Ellis is such a fantastic actor, I could also see the writers cooking up a meaty death scene to sink his acting chops into. 

SOOKIE: If there was ever someone to nominate as Last Girl, it’d be Sookie. Sure, many fans actively hate her, but True Blood has been committed to rehabilitating her—which implies that they want her journey (a.k.a. this series) to end with something other than nihilism.

Odds: 1,000-1

ANDY: His daughter is in the hands of a cruel vampire. He’s the sheriff of the Bon Temps, which means he'll be on the scene if the Hep-V vamps stage another attack. And he’s so close to his happy ending. Be careful, Andy!

ARLENE: If Arlene was going to pass out of this world, it would've happened when Terry made his cameo. Failing some apocalyptic, all-of-Bon-Temps-and-also-the-world cataclysm, I think we can breathe easy with Arlene.

Odds: 10-1

SARAH NEWLIN: The biggest bad on a show about vampires and werewolves is now a tiny yoga enthusiast who’s very into Buddhism. She’s going down, and I can’t wait to see it.

Odds: 1-1

HOLLY: Her boy is being held by a murderous vamp. Her hubby is the sheriff, and True Blood's writers might want to give him another big grieving scene. May the Lord walk beside you, Holly!

Odds: 6-1

JAMES: He’s the newest cast member, he's utterly sympathetic, and Lafayette loves him—so James is in the danger zone. Still, if Lafayette gets a happy ending, James will certainly be part of it. 

Odds: 3-1

SAM MERLOTTE: I have been hoping Sam would die for seven seasons, but he’s always just a little too far removed from the main action for his death to actually happen. I do not expect that to change.

Odds: 9-1

GINGER: Ginger’s life arguably ended when Eric walked out of Fangtasia. Whether we’ll actually see her again after that screaming breakdown—a career highlight—is up for debate, and if she does show up, it's unlikely she’ll meet an untimely end. I say Ginger is pretty safe. 

Odds: 9-1

LETTIE MAE: She’s addicted to vampire blood, chasing a ghost, and following a classic redemption arc. Lettie Mae may not have a lotta time left.

Odds 1-1

VIOLET: She’s the one thing standing in the way of Jason and Jessica being endgame, and now she’s kidnapped the sheriff’s daughter, who is protected by Jessica. If Jessica kills Violet, Violet is dead. If Violet kills Jessica, retribution will no doubt be swift. 

Odds 1-1 

NICOLE: This is going to go one of two ways. A) Nicole gets out of town and doesn’t die. B) She stays in town, dies, and Sam feels terrible. The power is in your hands, Nicole!

Odds 3-1

WILLA BURRELL: Willa never really developed dramatic ties to any other character on True Blood, so killing her off will have about the same impact as letting her live. In the spirit of optimism, I’m going to hope for the best.

Odds 5-1

Place your bets, Bloody Buddies! And please, no more math. Ever. 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/24/2014

Season 7 : Episode 10

52 Comments
Comments (53)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I dont know if this is true or not, but there is a person that said he/she was an extra on True blood and this is what will happen to Bill. Because he was infected by sookie's blood the hep v virus is different. Dont forget she has fae blood so the hep v infection mutated in her bloodstream. So bills infection is different and faster spreading than usual obviously. This extra claimed that this infection will eventually transform Bill back to human . Now i dont know if this is true but Sookie is fae and Bill was infected by a different form of the virus so i think its possible. Also this extra claimed Sookie will lose her fae powers by the end of the season and be human too. Thats one way for Sookie and Bill to be endgame as the writers want. I dont know if this is true but its possible.
Flag
James is probably going to die. Lafayette isn't allowed happiness for more than an episode or two before the shit hits the fan. Oh, and if he's putting work into his own love life that'll take away from his time babysititng Sookie.
Flag
I keep hoping the writers will have mercy on him because it's the last season. It's the least they can do after making him kill Jesus. Come on,writers. There are plenty of other characters you can mess with.....except for Pam. Leave Pam alone dammit.
Flag
I would like to see Andy take out Jessica. She killed three of his daughters, I do not see how he could ever let that go, unless she saves Adilyn from violet. If Bill dies, Jessica would not have his direct protection nor his threat of retribution.

Also, is not Hoyt coming back for his mother's funeral? He may be a wild card. How many days have actually passed since he was notified? Did they manage to both kill and bury Alcide in less time?
Flag
If they kill Pam I will put a jinx on True Blood:the musical. There's still a chance Sarah will bite the dust (accidents happen) I read that Moyers hinted he will not be around much longer but that could be a P.R. stunt. It wouldn't surprise me if Lettie sacrificed herself to help Tara somehow. It wouldn't surprise me if Sam left the show by deciding to leave town with Nicole (it also wouldn't surprise me if they were ambushed by hep-v vamps on their way out of town). Violet seems to be set up to go.
Flag
I'm thinking Bill, he's finally coming home the only way he can go home now.

And Sarah Newlin is facing a fate worse than death now that she's the cure. I don't know exactly how, but its bound to be inventive, perpetual and cruel.
Flag
As long as they wait till the finale to kill either Violet or Sarah Newlin because they're just too sexy and awesome to not let them get more screen time in these scarce episodes that are left.

Eric & Jason better not die.

I would never be happier in my entire life if they killed that annoying ass bitch Sookie. Why is she still alive???

Merlott should also die.
Flag
Staff
If Eric or Pam die, I quit. Oh wait....
Flag
I can almost guarantee that Adylin will be just fine; she's half fae and probably has a lot more "fairy light in her hands" juice than Sookie ever did. Based on what Eric's been saying the last few episodes, I feel like he's going the way of Godrick; tired of it all and ready to check out.

Lettie Mae will get her closure and move on. She's sure to live.

I think "Numi" and Violet are sure to die but that's it. I think all the "big" deaths are behind us (except for Eric). I'm inclined to think Sam will be packing up and moving on. He's always wanted a family and Nicole and his baby are the very real incarnation of that. I hope; I like Sam.
Flag
Adylin's mother was full fae and Andy is obviously human. Sookie's fae powers have been passed through generations so it would make sense she has a much watered down version of it.
Flag
Yeah, I know that. That was my point.
Flag
Of course some of the characters could die and be reborn as vampires.
Flag
It would be a hoot if the series ended with Sookie as a vampire fairy.
Flag
EVERYONE DIES!
Flag
Well, I think Bill and Sookie might die heroically after all. Or Sookie would have to become a vampire (in which case, we would have a Sookie's death episode anyways). Or what happy ending will these two have otherwise?
Flag
At this point they can all die, for all I care. I sort of wish Eric was killed off last season, so I could stop bothering with this show... I can't believe Lily called this the strongest season...
Flag
I only care about Pam and Eric. I may have been hate watching TB for sometime but P&E is so awesome (oh well a little with Ginger) as for Sookie and Bill I tried but I can't, I just can't they're just too annoying for me. The two of them reminded me of the post character who hate in shows you watch. Just KILL BILL already or should we ask the Quentin Tarantino to shoot that for us?
Flag
I really don't want Sarah die. She is the cutest person in this show and so funny.
Flag
Skunks are cute but they still stink.
Flag
Imagine Sarah held in chains as a blood-slave/ cure for all Hep-V positive vampires. A fate so much more satisfying than just death, even an ugly one! And quite fitting considering she was the one who caused all this. I wouldn't mind at all seeing an ending like this.

Another interesting scenario would have Eric surviving the end of the series but not Pam. Even worse, she could die trying to save her beloved and flawed maker. She doesn't seem to want life if Eric is not in it. Now, THAT would be tragic enough to be possible.

As for the others, the only ones I consider as good as fead are Violet (I'm not sure why we're even discussing this), James (no happy ending for you Lafayette, I'm sorry) and Bill, yes the Main Man himself. After seven seasons it seems clear (to me) that he can never again be with Sookie and his redemption would be much more poignant if it came in the form of the True Death. By comparison, Eric doesn't have so many sins to atone for.
Flag
I agree with a lot of what you said, I think Pam may be killed protecting Eric, especially after all those flashbacks and the amount of scenes containing just the two of them this season... I think TB's been trying to show how strong their bond is, even after Eric released Pam a while back. Either that or it could be the other way around.. which I hate the idea of either character dying, but I'd rather see Eric live...

Violet and James are toast. I hope Sarah Newlin is kept alive as a slave/cure to the sick vampires as well, I've been envisioning that from the instant it was revealed she was the cure. But knowing TB she'll prb get killed by the Yakuza seconds before they're told she's the cure..

Lastly Bill.... I've thought Bill was a goner all season, with all these fb's to his human life which I guess are meant to parallel his journey back to a humble (boring) southern gentlemen.. Problem is, Bill was never really that great of a guy. Sure there are things I like about Bill, but he has betrayed Sookie in just about every way possible and even though he loves her, I don't think they should end up together. I am really, really hoping TB does not make Sookie and Bill endgame...
More +
Flag
The chemistry between Eric and Pam is, in my book, ane of the greatest assets of this show. It made me coming back, season after season. They are both pitch perfect when they're together. Take that and think of the showrunners' and writers' flaire (or tendency, whichever you prefer) for death, blood and drama. Oh, and a bit of irony. Eric will probably live because he's resigned to die and feels he has nothing to live for. Pam is a force of nature, full of, well, sort of, life. I hate to even think of this (and there's a very good chance that I'm completely wrong), but I don't they'll both make it out and my money is on Eric survivng.

Sarah Newlin is such a volitile person/ role that you can never predict her. The show can use her any way they feel like. But I still find the slave/ cure scenario the funnest!

As for Bill, I was never sure what to make of him. And I was never very convinced of or particularly interested in his and Sookie's love story. Further seasons fixed that by separating them and inserting other love interests. But now we've come full circle and I read somewhere (probably on this site) that the writers want to make it all about Bill and Sookie. Or, as you put it, they are going to make them the endgame.

That'll be a bit disappointing but I'm looking forward to seeing how the other players fare.

TB has something for everyone...
More +
Flag
"TB has something for everyone..."
Couldn't agree more. I'm gunna miss this show, and even though a lot of people bitch about how bad its gotten over the last few seasons (which I'll admit, s5 was quite sub-par.) Regardless, I still enjoy this show and get excited every year when I know it's coming on soon. Only four more episodes... :( I wish they could have at least done a 12 ep season like they always did prior to season 6. This season has at times felt very rushed even for TB...
Flag
Since the end of days (or, at least of TB) is coming I will say this:

I came for the vampires (I have a soft spot) but it's not what kept me. I have droped many other supernatural shows.

I stayed with TB because it is campy and outrageous at times, dramatic and grueling at others and always good fun. It has a weird sense of humor but it never devolved into a self parody. The most important for me is that, even at its low points, it never bored me. I never looked at these characters and said "who gives a ..... what happens to them". I still care and I guess that this is why we're discussing them.

The only other show I keep coming back to in almost the same way is Supernatural, although nowadays I miss the fun of the earlier seasons (even the weaker middle ones).

I will miss TB when it's gone.
Flag
Please don't make Eric a tragic hero. Bill, if anything. Maybe that will be his one interesting story.
Flag
A couple of them are already dead... Ahh The Vampire life ;)
Flag
Just so you know, it's "I wanna do bad things WITH you", not "to" you (though your version is interesting...).

I think (hope?) Violet is gonna die. Otherwise, maybe Lettie Mae, but none of the other characters. It's not Game of Thrones! It's True Blood! It took them seven seasons to kill off an annoying old lady, they're not about to kill any of the main characters! Even if we hate some of them, we all secretly want them to have a happy ending! Anyways, it's all or nothing, I think: Either ALL the vampires of the planet meet the true death, or none (except for Violet, maybe).
Flag
In a perfect world the last episode would end to the song 'bad things' covered by the cowboy junkies.
Flag
- Violet and Sarah do seem like definite goners.

- I could easily see Nicole and Willa dying since they are fairly new characters without too much growth or fan admiration, so they're quite expendable.

- Lettie Mae and Sam seem like possibilities to me. Like Lily said about Sam, he's 'always just a little too far removed from the main action', and because it's been like this for the entire series in regards to these characters, if wouldn't surprise me if they're killed off.

- After Arlene and Holly's near-death experience earlier this season I think they're safe. Andy is a possibility though. Lily forgot to mention Adilyn and Holly's boys as possible character deaths, and I think they're a possibility to.

- I think James is safe. If the writer's are after a happy ending for Lafayette (which I think they are), he'll live.

- If the writers didn't seem intent on bringing them back together, I might have considered Jason and Jessica, but since their relationship seems endgame, I doubt they'll kill either.

- Sookie and Pam are definitely safe,
Flag
I've thought since the final season was announced that they writers will kill either Bill OR Eric in the finale, leaving whichever remains with Sookie. I still don't know which character it will be, but that's my theory.
Flag
I hope it's Sookie, but I think it will be Eric OR Pam, Lafayette, holly OR Andy, Nicole, Sarah Newlin, and definitely NOT Bill :(. Too bad.
Flag
I hope they kill off every character just to make sure there are no new seasons.
Flag
valar morghulis. All men must die...

Oooops, wrong show. I would bet at the end there's only Bill and Sookie.
Flag
valar dohaeris
Flag
Sarah Newlin should've died a long time ago, I dont know why the writers kept her alive. Same with Lette Mae
Flag
Here's the thing. This is the last season, and it's already kind of annoying that they didn't really start killing people until the very end, so I don't really care WHO dies. I do care HOW they die. Actually that only applies to the characters I like. But for the sake of discussion, I'll go over who I think will die.

The only one I'm 100% positive will die is Violet. Sarah Newlin is a very likely candidate, but safibwana made a good point below. Bill and Eric could die, or Bill and Eric could live, but if they are going to choose, they will kill off Eric. The reason why? Because the writers and producers see something in Bill that no one else sees.

As for the rest, I'm really not sure. I just hope if they kill off Eric or Pam, they give them good deaths, but it's really hard to have faith in good deaths after Alcide and Tara. As I've said many times, they fucked up really bad with the LONG mourning of Terry.

Flag
Excellent point. I wouldn't mind if they killed off everyone, as long as their deaths have a purpose and meaning. Alcide and Tara's did not, and like you, it makes me worried we could be in for an unneccasry bloodbath.
Flag
If they kill off a main, please let it be Bill, he should have died when he disintegrated into a pool of blood instead of being reincarnated as Billith, that shit was disturbing in all the wrong ways.
Flag
Also it will make for a good acting moment for Jess and give Sookie a reason to ugly cry, so it's just a win for everyone.
Flag
Umm, Jim Parrack has been in the credits past 2 weeks and not in the episodes. Where is my Hoyt?
Flag
There's basically no chance Sarah Newlin dies given what they've said about her fate. Either she's fed on for life or she's turned into a vampire. Her fate is karmic retribution, not death.
Flag
Actually from the moment she said she was the cure, i had a pretty good idea of how she was going to die, remember when bill was using that machine last season to filter and abstract the fairy blood from Andys daughters?? What if a similar device could be used for Sarah? I think Sarah & Violet are the most obvious kills, and unfortunately, i feel like Eric is gonna bite the dust too.
Flag
Okay, that's a pretty good idea, but these writers are rarely that good at remembering their own mythology, so possibly too good.
Flag
Calling Jessica "the Sookie of the vampires." is one of the cruelest insults I've heard in a while
Flag
Nothing would please me more than to see Sarah not die but be held in a prison lab forever. Let's say her blood is the cure, they need to keep her safe...so lock her up. Maybe even turn her into a vampire and keep her locked up forever and ever so she could always produce the cure :)

Jessica and Willa....I do not want to see either die. Let Jason and Jessica live happily ever after or some such.

You forgot to mention Hoyt. Unless they ignore the fact his Mom died and he is coming back, wouldn't it be ironic for him to kill Jessica without ever knowing who she was? Oh my gosh that would be so True Blood. Violet is dead, Jessica and Jason embrace and Jessica might show her fangs and BLAM! Hoyt shoots her and send her to the True Death because all he sees is a deputy in the arms of a vampire with her fangs out.
Flag
Ok, I commented about Hoyt then read your post. Yup, that has got to happen.

Also, it would be nice if they kill Sarah Newlin just to kill her THEN turn her.
Flag
With those Sookie odds, I'm in for $5.00 USD. Come on 5,000 payday!
Flag
Yeah, I don't get odds at all. Never have.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members