A True Blood Community
HBO (ended 2014)

There's only one more season to go of the series that started the hunky shirtless vampire and werewolf and hybrid-werewolf-vampire and shapeshifter and quarter-vampire and werepanther trend, and it may be saving its craziest stuff for last. HBO's True Blood returns for its seventh and final season on Sunday June 22, and to stoke your excitement, the network has released the first official trailer for the season:

A bit heavy on the "memory lane" angle, but hey, at least it was nice to see Gran again, and I suppose that's in line with showrunner Brian Buckner's promise to return True Blood to its roots as the show begins its swan song. With zombie-esque vamps on the loose and headed toward Bon Temps, "a reckonin' a-comin'" (according to The Wright Brothers' "Blood on My Name," which soundtracks the trailer), and a purpose that will be revealed "when the time is right" (as per the aforementioned Gran), what do you think is in store for True Blood's final go-round?

True Blood Season 7 premieres Sunday June 22 at 9pm on HBO.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/24/2014

Season 7 : Episode 10

61 Comments
Comments (61)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
you would think that someone who is a type of journalist would get their facts straight when it comes to posting information....the song that you COMPLETELY mislabeled is done by THE BROTHERS BRIGHT....The wright brothers are an old country band...please PLEASE learn how to do follow up...it took me 2 minutes to find out who really did it....but then again...some people are lazy like that
Flag
And still no Eric in this trailer. Is he even in this season? They really messed up his character from season 4 on. And the show runners have somehow continiuously seemed to miss that he is actually the most popular character on the show.
Flag
It's possible Alexander Skarsgard has jumped ship; I can't blame him. As you say they really messed up his character from s4, so he probably thought - my film career's not too bad, so why bother with another season of them messing with me?
Flag
It's The Brothers Bright - Blood on my Name
Flag
So there's Pam yey! but no Eric in the trailer? booooo!!!
Flag
Whatever it is, Bon Temps its on its own like it has always been

...or at least as it was before thr Governor/Willa's father.
Flag
I was under the impression that Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise started the hunky shirtless vampire trend when they both appeared in "Interview with the Vampire".
Flag
For all the ppl calling the hep v vampires "zombie vampires" they are not fucking zombies...not even close.. They are capable of the same exact thought processes as before they're just dying and extra hungry all the time. If they consume extremely large quantities of blood (like 5-10x's the typical norm to sustain TB's vampires) then they can stave off the effects of the illness for longer. They are more vicious and bloodthirsty then normal vampires, but they are also organized...
Flag
You, like myself, are of the small community of thinkers who understand this.
Flag
No kidding right?? Not just here but allll over the internet.. its like really?? Do they look like zombies... no. Maybe a tiny bit like the infected of 28 Days/Weeks but not even, since those guys were pretty brainless. I don't even know why it irks me so much cuz there's plenty more stupid shit out there on the web...
Flag
I think we should just call them feral vamps instead of zombie vamps. Feral seems to be more fitting of what they are.
Flag
Very much agreed. Feral is definetly appropriate.
Flag
The best part of that trailer was the music.
This vampire zombie storyline doesn't look promising, but we'll see. Last season made me care more about the side characters, so I'm still hopeful this final season will be an entertaining one.
Flag
Does anyone know the name of the song playing in the trailer? =) Would appreciate it!
Flag
It's "Blood on my name" by The Wright Brothers.
Flag
I thought the trailer looked good, but I'm still coming in with low expectations. HBO always does a good job with trailers, and it's made True Blood's awful seasons look like they would be great tv. Judging by the comments, nobody else is being fooled into thinking it will be good either. Only thing I can really hope for is that it's not as bad as Dexter's final season, which was the worst thing ever.
Flag
To be fair, TB's sixth season was way better than season five and the seasons before that. I think that, given it's the last season, they tried their best to hold on to that vibe of S6 since viewers were generally pleased and it reminded them more of S1 TB. I may be naive, but I still have faith in the writers to provide us with some quality before it's over.
Flag
There were people that were pleased with Season 6?

IMO the show had tons of potential in season 1, began capitolizing on that potential in season 2, barely stayed on the rails in season 3, then derailed and hasn't gotten back on the track since season 4. Like a sucker though I keep hoping it will get back to where it was.
Flag
I'm just in it for the crazy campy scenes now. Last season wasn't great, but Eric was comedy gold and he was the highlight for me. The fact that I don't see him in this trailer is disheartening. I better get more Jason and Andy shenanigans to make up for his absence.
Flag
Eric will be in it though, I recall reading something about Alexander Skarsgard signing his contract for S7
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I can't believe I used to be excited about the TB season premiere now it's more like - I hope there is OTHER stuff to watch over the summer...
Flag
That feeling left me 3 years ago. Ever since the end of season 3, I always knew that the show would suck, no matter how promising the trailers looked. I put up with that awful last season of Dexter, so I'll try to put up with this.
Flag
OMG the end of Dexter was so pathetic you are right... but there I still had hope but with TB is like zero hope... Perhaps The Strain at FX will be a good show instead
Flag
Yeah, but I think that made Dexter even more disappointing. It came off a decent season 7 with some great moments, and we were fooled into thinking they found the groove, and that they would deliver a great final season. You would think a Laguerta-less season would be good, but it ended up being as bad, if not worse than season 6 of Dexter.

I wonder if the final season of True blood will have a scene similar to the legendary treadmill scene? lol
Flag
I guess season 6 of Dexter is worst ever! But final season is a good runner-up I guess season 7 really got my hopes up...
Flag
100% agreed on Dexter - there were some decent moments there and the mirage of a decent conclusion. Alas. So my learning is, once it goes to shit, doesn't really get better so cutting my losses here...
Flag
Love this show, so happy i get to watch it again, so sad it's ending, but it's the right thing to do
Flag
I just realized I don't remember anything from the the end of last season except what happened to Eric.
Flag
I remember everything from the extermination camp and Eric leaving his progenie - and grandpogenie - "safe" back home. He's going to be so pissed when he finds out!

...if he survived, that is.
Flag
I already feel very sorry for whatever vamp is getting staked by that broken potato masher.
Flag
If only Deborah Ann Woll (Jessica) was cast as the Sookie char
Nom nom nom.
Flag
We can be sad for that, or hopeful of what future projects are in store for her, and God help the Kleenex corporation if it involves her in a schoolgirl uniform again...
Flag
I really, really hope it doesn't just become a wannabe season of The Walking Dead.
Flag
It's actually Blood On My Name by The Brothers Bright
Flag
Both are correct. Billy Wilkerson and Nicholas Kirk recorded the song as The Brothers Bright, but renamed themselves The Wright Brothers later on.
Flag
Just watching that trailer, made me semi-remember the last season and I'm shocked. The last few seasons have been insanely bad, filled with nonsensical plots and random events that tie terribly through seasons.. I honestly think the only reason I watched this show past episode 1 was the vast number of quality topless women. Which is sad really.
Flag
I think thats a large reason for many viewers, and despite the ridiculous storylines, the production value is still top notch, and the acting is incredible given some of the horrendous situations and dialogue.
Flag
That is why I have stuck with it for the most part. I like to see how they will ramp up the crazy each season and I stopped caring about it being ridiculous long ago.
Flag
Agreed. I'm not here for quality, I'm here for the ridiculous and to laugh at it. Last season as a whole was terrible, but there were some great moments splattered throughout. Eric in disguise for example. LOL

Flag
I totally forgot that sequence, but then, so much of my memory of last season hinges on when Jessica was in "disguise".
Flag
Man... just realizing how low my expectations are for this last season!

'Literally watched the whole thing... went 'bof'... then got sad thinking about TB returning on June 22... 'cause that would mean season 4 of Game of Thrones would be over!

So... yeah, not expecting much here.
Flag
Eh, its HBO, which means lots of graphic nudity, and probably lots of graphic violence. So, all is not lost, just compelling storyline.
Flag
Compelling storyline... that's pretty big deal, dude!

Graphic violence and nudity is all well and nice, but, without a good story to back it up, you can end up with something like Caligula... and nobody is trying to do THAT again!
Flag
Look at Spartacus though (granted, not HBO) they made almost 4 seasons of nothing but nudity and violence and proved you didn't really need much of a story if you had enough of those two in it!
Flag
Does anyone see Eric at all in this trailer? He's totally dead isn't he. . . . So pissed. D:
Flag
Pretty sure Eric has been dead for the entire series thus far, since he is sort of a vampire. You should consider such phrases as "True Death" to apply to such scenario!
Flag
Thanks, know it all. Obviously everyone else here knew what I meant, with my very quick question, that I didn't bother to 100% correctly term check.
Flag
he's a series regular this season... so he'll be fine. they are just trying to keep everything regarding his storyline under wraps and all the fans in suspense... that's why pam was only in the trailer for two seconds.
Flag
Here's hoping. He could very well be a ghost this season, like what they did with Godric. Whatever. At this point I am just finishing this show, to finish what I've started.
Flag
the showrunner has addressed this question in interviews last fall. Eric will be alive but not 100% well immediately. no worries!
Flag
Yeah... Eric will definitely be there... not to worry. :)
Flag
That's what they want you to think.

Don't let yourself get con so easy - Eric's coming back.
Flag
And, since he's a 1000yo vamp, even if he actually did die, there's a LONG, LONG list of flashbacks he could be showing up in, so its not like dead (or undead) is even relevant.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members