A True Blood Community
HBO (ended 2014)

True Blood S06E10: "Radioactive"

Think back to where this season began: Bill was an incoherent, butt-nekkid vampire god. Warlow was a  looming, Freddy Krueger-ish Big Bad. Vampires were an unthinkably powerful force intent on the destruction of all humankind. And Bon Temps was a campy blip on the map of True Blood’s ever-winding course.

Now think of where this season has ended: Bill is returned to his most tender, heroic self. Warlow is neatly swept away. Vampires are now being forced to turn to humans to make a bond that will thrust each world into the other, sustenance for protection. Bon Temps is again the cozy Southern town, so intimate and yet so vulnerable, where the characters we love are growing and maturing and having barbecues.

It’s happened in a lightning-fast ten episodes and it’s been steep, immediate change. It’s been an impossible feat this series has pulled off, turning itself around at the cusp of being a lost cause, a show I used to watch, and transforming itself back into a series at once fresh and familiar. Almost no show I’ve ever seen has done this, it’s a trajectory as deadly as the most difficult Black Diamond Ski Run. And True Blood elegantly sailed through this season because of its quick, deft, and intriguing character turns, placed with all the precision of a pro-skiier carving their way down a glacier.

(AND YES, YES I’M FREAKED OUT ABOUT ERIC. We’ll get into it. Let’s just hold onto our heads though and pretend this series is something besides the button I press to get Alexander Skarsgard in my living room.)

Ahem.

The most deft of these character turns was Warlow, who went from being a bearded Big Bad to the kind of romantic-idyll Fairy Prince who would painstakingly glue-gun rose petals to a maypole, and then was expertly transformed BACK into a one-season Big Bad. With one cracking slap to Sookie’s jaw, Warlow was again an indefensible enemy who united Bill, Andy, new fairy Adeline, Jason, Violet, and even Niall, who was drawn from another dimension to put him down. Absolutely fantastic.

Bill confessing his regret to Jessica over trading Sookie for his kind, and losing his Billith powers, was a terrific reset for a character who had truly gone off the rails in the last two seasons. Whereas somewhere around Season 4 Bill started becoming an angry nerd, his season-long journey from vampire-goddess back to softhearted vamp has grounded and restored my faith in him. I even, in my squee-est heart, believe he loves Sookie more now than ever before, simply because he experienced losing her.

It’s also amazing how likable Sookie is when she’s simply in a relationship. Something about her and Alcide relating like a long-term couple and her tiny reignited crush on Bill reminds me of what made Sookie so endearing in the first place: the fact that she wants more than anything to be happy. It’s something that True Blood's writers lost sight of when they were more concerned with putting her in the middle of drama, but at her core Sookie isn’t a shrill drama-monger (or Danger Whore), she’s a woman who loves her family, her town, and her boyfriend’s abs, and who can’t relate to that?

And Alcide got a much needed haircut!

Anyway, I’m jumping around all over the place. "Radioactive" was a dense finale, and we should at least try to address this bitch chronologically.

Seeing all the vampires frolic in their underwear after Terry’s funeral was like frosting on my eyeballs. Models basking in sunshine is nice window dressing in and of itself, but when they all decided they should go on a “Target run” to get volleyball equipment?! Oh yes, this is the marriage of supernatural creatures and big-brand chain stores that I love so much. Suddenly they were all wearing bright clothes and acting out high school drama, and it was hilarious. I loved Violet, from the way she made out with Sookie to say hello to the way she playfully spiked Jessica like a teen drama mean girl. A jealous weirdo in a lilac tank top and skimmers is something TV needs more of. I’m #teamviolet, seriously.

The real winner in terms of outfits from the Target shopping spree was definitely Tara. A floppy cowboy hat, pigtails and a sundress!!! The wardrobe department knocked this shit out of the park.

Sookie backpedalling on her deal to become Warlow’s eternal Fairy Vampire Bride, while predictable (Sookie just HAS to see what all this cool “aging” and “fine lines” stuff is about) was for once handled in a way that surprised me. Warlow’s violent return to full-blown enemy status, as I’ve said, was a very neat character shift that didn’t feel unearned or too much of a cheat. And it also gave Jason a chance to look like a real heartthrob when he rounded up Adeline and Andy to help Sookie.

Andy Bellefleur has emerged from this season as an MVP. Chris Bauer's subtle and restrained acting (I can’t believe I’m saying this about Andy!) has made his scenes a genuine highlight for me in each episode. Giving him one living daughter and three murdered ones has opened the character up and grounded him in a way I never would have believed possible. I REALLY care about him and Adeline and I want to know what happens when she starts dating or they go on a father-daughter road trip or his fairy girlfriend comes back. Before, as countless past reviews will attest, the sight of Andy on my television screen made my hand itch for a Windex wipe to get the ham off. Now I genuinely think he’s one of the strongest actors in the cast. Bravo, dude.

Anyway—led by Bill, Andy, and Adeline, Jason, the surprisingly likable Violet, and Tara were able to remove Sookie from Warlow’s flowery clutches and move the show down to Sookie’s house, where Rutger Hauer put in the last 30 minutes of his contractually agreed-upon shooting time (he was probably on set a grand total of 6 hours) by saving the day and bracing Warlow while Jason stabbed him. 

As Warlow faded from this mortal plane, so too did the protection his blood had given the vamps.

Now we have the problematic scene: Eric bursting into flames at the top of a glacier. There had been rumbles at the start of this season that it would be Skarsgard’s last. His movie career is, after all, blossoming. I was dreading a finale where Eric sacrificed himself to save the vampires from meeting the sun, as Bill ended up doing. This weirdly ambiguous ending, though, I believe still gives us a loophole to expect him in Season 7: Pam theoretically could have shown up and pulled him into the shadows. It’s hard for me to believe a showrunner who seems so concerned with meting out emotional justice and closure for, say, TERRY, would give Eric such a summary dismissal. But yes, I will panic about it until I receive confirmation that he’s on set in Shreveport, filming Season 7. But to survive, let’s compartmentalize all those troubling thoughts in that same mental dungeon where I keep my worries about nuclear war and student loan interest.

From there, we cut to “six months later,” dropping into this excellent and very real and grounded scene in the church, with Bon Temps uniting under Mayor Merlotte’s suggestion that the town have  a mixer and find a way for vampires and humans to work out a symbiotic, feeding/protection relationship. 

Yes, the pacing was… unique. Elements of the blood-testing and Bill’s crazy appearance plugging his book seemed to really drag (especially when all I wanted to know was, "Is Eric okay and did I really see that part of him I thought I saw?").

And yes, there was a lot of clunky exposition, but still: The ensuing mixer reminded me of the first party Tara went to with Lafayette in Season 1 and that has haunted my dreams ever since. The open air, the lights, the sense of abundance and summer heat and the real feeling that these people know each other—all those good vibes resonated so strongly with my positive associations from the earlier seasons that it felt like a sort of homecoming. 

There were hilarious visual jokes of vampires and their willing prey tentatively reaching out to each other and seeing Arlene glowing and hosting and Violet looking possessively at Jason and Alcide and Sookie bickering like a little flirty married couple… it must have been a great day of filming and it was simply fun to watch.

Tara had her nutbag mom apologize for neglecting her as a child and offering to make amends by feeding her now. Aside from the rather sexual implications of the feeding relationship, I’m very worried that Lettie Mae, like, spiked herself with Hep V or something. There has to be a catch. People don’t just change like that!

Jessica, in turn, offered to protect Andy and Adeline no matter what. Andy’s hurt was palpable, another A+ scene by two seriously amazing people.

Sookie, leaving with Alcide and looking fantastic back in one of her signature sundresses, got propositioned by Bill with Alcide by her side, just as a bunch of essentially zombie vampires stalked toward the party.

Bon Temps under siege! Roving vampire zombies! Eric coming back soon? These are dynamics that could make next season a gripping, exhilarating soap opera, with plenty of human/vampire entanglements and that winning contrast of supernatural factors in mundane, real-world settings that is the heart of this show. I left last season wondering how True Blood would survive. I am leaving this season wondering how I will survive for the next several months without the show. That is the ultimate test of a good finale and good season: It makes me want to watch again next week and feel so sad and incomplete without being able to return to that world until next year. And True Blood, U Make Me Wanna...

QUESTIONS:

– ERIC!?!

– Is Tara’s mom tricking her into infecting herself?

– Were you surprised at Warlow’s turn or did you see it coming way way off?

– Are you #TeamViolet or is she cock-blocking Jessica?

– Are you going to Photoshop up a cover like Bill’s book and wrap it around a dictionary and leave it on your coffee table because that shit is hilarious?

– Do you love Target more, less, or equal to getting high while naked in the sunshine?

– How did you feel about the “six months later” interlude—tacked on, or a brilliant cliffhanger?

– What is that little girl in the church's deal? Any guesses?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/24/2014

Season 7 : Episode 10

465 Comments
Comments (465)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular

This is Dr KPELEDE the witch doctor from nigeria, I am a strong powerful witch doctor who helps people, I and my son called oyu are very serious to help those that has been scam and those that seek help in this wonderful world. So today Have you ever think of bringing back your ex or husband back you immediately. Have it ever occur to you that DR KPELEDE TEMPLE is the best and powerful spiritualist who can help you bring your relationship back to a standard view, if actually you so much believe on
bringing back your husband or lover, please you are advice to get back to the only helper and solution to your needs at my temple email now with your problem at kpeledesolutiontemple@gmail.com I am
helping to fixed problems on:

1. Getting your lover or husband back.
2. Spiritual bulletproof
3. Training
4. Money spell
5. Long life spell.
6. Prosperity spell
7. Protection spell
8. Get a job spell.
9. Becoming a manager spell.
10. Get a huge loan without paying any
fee spell.
11. Getting your scam money back.
12. Child spell
13. Pregnancy spell
14. Freedom spell
15. Love spell
16, vanishing spell.
17. Invisible human spell.
18. Success or pass spell.
19. Marriage spell
20. Avenging spell
21. Popularity spell
22. Killing spell
23. Cancer spell
24. Supernatural power spell.
25. Madness spell
26. Free house loan spell.
27. Production spell of films and movie.
28. Hiv/aids spell
29. Tuberculosis spell
30. Loose weight and body spell contact
31. Hepatitis B
me of any of these today at:

Kpeledesolutiontemple@gmail.com or +2347038111854 welcome I
await your urgent response.
( Kpeledesolutiontemple@gmail.com ).
More+
Flag
If Eric is indeed gone from the show, i will lose complete interest. He is my favorite character :( I loved the finale thou!
Flag
I actually liked Alcides longer hair better :))
Flag
I loved this episode, it was amazing! So far my favourite season of True Blood.

Also exciting news, Brian Buckner has already stated that Eric is well and truly alive and is a recurring role in the next season :) So yay!
Flag
Zombies!

Well, that was what was lacking in True Blood after all other creatures have appeared yet (remember the werepanthers? what happened to them?).

Don't know if the next season is jumping on the Walking Dead bandwagon or if zombies appeared in the books, but it does look promising.

All in all, I liked this season. It contained the appropriate amount of nudity, Rutger Hauer and probably the best vampire action yet. Eric sunbathing on a gletsjer was the best screenshot of the entire series.

I only focussed on the vampire storyline. The where's Waldo Warlow bits didn't get me and that one guy letting himself get killed interested me the least. All those storylines just fell apart. It didn't have a real beginning or end. Take the Alcide story. First he was a good dog, then a bad dog, then a good dog. Nothing changed, everybody treated him the same before and after. What happend to his beloved pack? Is he still a pack master? Do we care?

Oh well, I hope next season will focus on the vamps and zombies and nothing else.
More+
Flag
I have something to say I think is is BS that we had to wait all year for 10 episodes what happened to 12 this is an outrage. The first 5 or 6 episodes where boring as hell and now you mean to tell me this is it. Fuck true blood fuck waiting a hole year for ten crappy episodes I hope they cancel the fucking show hep v fuck off.............
Flag
It won't get canceld but next season will be the shows last.
Flag
It was 10 episodes due to Sookie being pregnant in the real world, between this and the final season she will have her baby. They had to cut it back so she could have maternity leave. Her and vampire Bill are having twins!! In the fall which I think is great! http://screenrant.com/true-blood-season-6-short-10-episodes/.....
Flag
To answer your question "what about the little girl in church" well it's obvious that she is Sam's new little shapeshifter.
I'm sure Eric will did him a whole in all that snow, but by god did you see his little WINKY? hahahahahahaha, thought it would be larger than that.
Violet is cool but I think she's not a man fan and Jason will never get close to that. now that's funny but cruel.

They won't be able to keep the show going on years from now because you'll see the aging and hello vampires don't age. even suki's getting older looking.
Id rather have eric than bill, bill is already aging more rapidly and pam will have to go as well. great actors but its just vampires do not age.
Flag
It is impossible that the little girl in the church is Sam's! Can't you count? That girl was at least six! In six months you can't grow that fast, unless you are fae, wich niether Sam nor Nicole is. Plus, near the end of the episode, you can see that Nicole is pregnant.
Flag
1. I also suspected Lettie Mae might be baiting Tara into something she doesn't want. For that very reason, I really hope it's not. I hope it's sincere.

2. I really care about Andy and Adilyn Bellefleur. It's always been a really bombastic character who's loud to cover up his insecurities, but Chris Bauer's always given a good performance and made the most of the small, meaningful moments Andy gets. As a new dad under unusual circumstances, he's amazing.

3. The final turn for Warlow was absolutely earned, but I'm sorry to see Robert Kazinsky go. He stole every scene, and his shaving-dream scene with Jason may have been the single funniest and awkwardly sweet scene this season.

4. I really appreciate the change of circumstances that the "Six months later" epilogue brought with it, but I wish they'd written some explanation for the time skip into the story, like they did with Sookie's visit to fairyland.

5. I was really worried about Alcide at the beginning of the season, and that continued for most of it, but I'm glad to see they salvaged him toward the end. His bar conversation with Sam was kind of perfect.

6. Yep. #teamviolet I didn't think I'd be saying that by the end of the season.
More+
Flag
I like the irony of Andy depending on Jessica to protect Adilyn because of the tension between them.

I don't remember Jessica being around a father figure before, at least not a decent one. And Andy has as many reasons to hate her as he has to love his daughter so this could make for a good back and forth until Adilyn is out of the woods.
Flag
Well, True Blood is... True Blood. It's always been crazy, soapy and over the top. I think it's always been true to its nature, despite its unbearable moments. I don't take it seriously, never have. I almost gave up this season, I'm glad I stuck around, though; it was fun, for the most part. I'll be watching next season, definitely.
Flag
warlow did seem to get kill off too easily; my lingering complaint about the season finale. overall, i liked how much more focused this season was and bringing all the characters together; it was better than trying to serve so many storylines that you end up only seeing some characters for very short, scattered bits.
Flag
I thought it was only fitting because he slaughtered Grandpa Neil's entire village first: if anyone had to kill Warlow it was him (with Jason's help).
Flag
btw didn't warlow's flashback suggest that Neil was actually his kid. his fairy bride was pregnant in the first part and when he asked her "when?" she says "soon". then later on, when he returns to his village as a vampire, his former fairy bride has this young kid. and thus the revelation was that the real reason Warlow couldn't kill Neil was not just that he was an innocent, young child (as he told Neil) but that Neil was HIS kid.
Flag

That's what I thought so too, from the flashback it seems Neill was related to Warlow, which means Sookie was about to marry her great-great-great-etc grandfather.
Flag
Perhaps, but 5500 years of "greats" probably negates the incest "ick"-factor. But even if true, Niall seemed to have no suspicion about his parentage. He clearly didn't know. But then again, he also was unaware for several episodes that Warlow was once fay.
Flag
Can I just ask why they are saying that Hep V was invented by Burrell and just came out when, in like the first or second episode of the FIRST season Sookie stopped bill from feeding of that guy at his house bc she read his thoughts and he said he had Hep V?
Flag
That was Hep D on the first season.
Flag
Thank you! I've been thinking abt that for a while, guess I should've gone back and watched it again.
Flag
I think they said this one was a "mutated strain" of it. I have no idea what the difference is but I guess that's their loophole. Suppose even if though it did exist it was still bottled and given to the vamps by Burrell and cost them 1/8th of their population.
Flag
Woah, I'm shocked that there are comments saying people didn't like this episode. . . or even the entire season! This was one of the best seasons in a while, and I'm really excited for next season thanks to the extensive setup! I was loving it! Violet seemed obnoxious all season, but this episode turned me #teamviolet as well! Oh man, those zombie vampires are about to ATTACK the party! I'm hoping that Bill woos Sookie back next season. Alcide has never done it for me, as a character. I mean, the actor's cute and all, but. . . yawn. I think I'm the only person who doesn't care if Eric lives or not. I mean, I don't dislike him or anything, but he wasn't one of the original characters, and there's only one season left, anyway. The sooner the actor leaves, the sooner we can watch him in something else. I feel like we already know everything there is to know about him. I just did some soul-searching after reading your questions, and if we're being honest, I DO love Target more than being high and naked in the sunshine. God, getting old is weird! :)
Flag
What do you mean by Eric's not being one of the original characters? In the books, he's one of the leading characters - he's actually Sookie's boyfriend, not Bill.
Flag
I haven't read the books.
Flag
He was still one of the original characters for True Blood the TV Series, whether you've read the books or not. He showed up in Episode 4 of Season 1 and has been with the show ever since.
Flag
Gotcha. Phew. I was afraid I was accidentally in some sort of shipping argument of something. :) Ok, he's been around. . . but he's not part of the town, you know? At this point, the only ones who care if he's around or not are Pam and Willow.
Flag
Hmm, it wont let me reply to your comment, so I'll just add my quick update here. I'm not an Eric fan, at least not in the 'omg squeee' way. His character is a good one as far as storylines go, but I've never been someone who crushes over how hunky an actor/character is. My comment was completely based purely on what I perceived to be an erroneous statement about his 'original character' status.
Flag
Haha, it's dangerous to not fawn all over Eric around here! :) Someone who didn't appear in the first several episodes doesn't count as an original main character to me. Not that I don't like him or anything.
Flag
Over. Meh. No need for another season.
Flag
Can someone please explain why in one of the above pics there is Bill with the caption "I miss my sticky pubes"?.......I can not fathom what is meant other than a very bizarre reference to some poor affliction suffered by Bill.

Anyway pretty terrible finale to cap a mediocre season. Warlo was a let down in every way, as was pretty much every story that didn't feature Eric or Bill heavily. Not the worst season so far and still very entertaining in its ridiculousness but I can't be the only one who was generally disappointed.
Flag
I agree this season was so dumb and to top it off only 10 episodes now we are supposed to wait a hole year for what ? Another shitty season.
Flag
When he became Billith he came out naked and covered in blood, like Lillith always was when she appeared, and Lily joked about how they had sticky pubes.
Flag
Thank you, it seems obvious now you say it.....
Flag
Why the bitching about Eric's "small" manhood being less than the finale? Doesn't one's pet "pee" hibernate when subjected to extreme cold? Geez..:D. Dun think Tara's mum is that evil to premeditate Tara's destruction by feeding her infected blood. Given the zombie vampires coming into play the next season, it'd be a real chaotic mess if the humans started killing off their vamp protectors themselves. I believe these zombie vampires would be more than a handful for both clean vamps and humans alike to handle. As expected, Sookie's a real slut loser. She FINALLY ended up with Alcide, the LAST guy left standing to pick up her messy life. Yawn. But Alcide does look hot with his new vet trimmed fur-cut. True Blood has left the house. Sigh. Another year to wait. Now back to the senseless reality show season of the second half 2013 has to offer. Bite me ! >:E~~
Flag
  1. Eric will probably burrow into the snow, but I'd forgotten that Pam went off like a rocket -- did she flame?
  2. I hated every second that Sookie actually liked Fairie Warlow after all that terrorizing he did before showing up so hunky. I was surprised it took so long for hunky Warlow to reveal his true, evil nature.
  3. I think Tara's Mom's tears were real, because her preacher husband made her infect Tara, and was probably in cahoots with the former governor, and probably infected the finger stickers with Hep B(V?)

Flag
Anybody detected that bill in the end was wearing season 1 clothes!
Flag
Can we please talk about Eric's dick!?
Flag
What I liked the most was getting grandpa Ruger back, Jason's line “She's european” and Willa's hot fitties bikini. Other than that I'm pretty fucking jaded. That Alex's cock in itself constitutes the season finale says a lot about True Blood. I geddit but I don't find as much joy in this show as I used to.
Flag
I think the snow will prevent Eric from burning and indeed he settled in the snow knowing that. His disbelief and regret was in losing the ability to day walk, not the surprise of death. He heals in the mode of Russell Edgington a few seasons back. Pam saves him and may, or may not, change Eric's cold manner towards her. Depending on how big a prick the writers want to make Eric.

But, if he does die; it's pretty even justice for his arrogance and abandoning Pam.
Flag
I have a strange feeling that the little girl has something to do with Sam merlotte and his girlfriend... Their unborn child from the future? Who knows, anything can happen with true blood!
So glad it's back to how it used to be, season 5 was definitely not one of their best!
I hope to god that Eric is ok! They would be insane to kill him off, he is the best character! I thought they would atleast give him more of a dramatic send off! He deserves that!
As much as I loved sookie and Eric together, I am excited for sookies obvious crush on bill!
And lastly, I can not wait to see what happens with these crazy looking vampires in season 7! It looks like we are going to get some action! Maybe sookie should take bill up on his offer after all!
Flag
Also! I definitely got the feeling that Tara's mum is trying to trick her. She has never been happy about her being a vampire, she is a Christian and she thinks it's wrong, why would she want to hell her? She disowned her.. She will use a typical lettie-Mae excuse, like... I'm doing this for you, this is no way to live blah blah
Flag
I don't think Tara's mom is trying to kill her because humans can't survive without healthy vampires and her husband doesn't have one. It would be only natural for a mother to feed her child, but it would be only logical for Lettie May to protect her husband with any means available, including Tara and her maker.
The Northmans survived an extermination camp six months ago, they can very well protect a Reverend and his wife.
Flag
With regards to Tara and her mother I was thinking exactly the same as you, she's tricking Tara so as to infect her with Hep V. I didn't get any sexy vibe from that scene though.

This season kind of reminded me of Dexter. I was close to giving up on both shows (although truthfully I probably wouldn't have given up on either) they were both running out of ideas and as a consequence the main characters were being driven through increasingly ridiculous story lines whilst too much time was being wasted on peripheral characters that I just didn't care about. Over the course of one fantastic season that has changed for both shows.
The biggest problem for a show like True Blood (and the Vampire Diaries, Teen Wolf, Supernatural and non-supernatural shows like Person of Interest etc) is the constant escalation. There always has to be a 'bigger bad'. But how big can the bad get? Within two to three seasons the original feel of the show is lost (speaking of Lost...). Angel was a fantastic series from beginning to end, but I can't help but miss the feel of the first season whilst I'm watching the last. There's something about the small group of outcasts struggling against the odds to survive that I find really compelling. Buffy was relatively successful at avoiding this (though not completely) by introducing enemies that were different rather than just more powerful. The escalation on The Vampire Diaries however {possible spoilers ahead} goes basically like: other vampires -> almost indestructible "original" vampires -> immortal supernatural being, where do they go from here? Aliens? Introduce "original" werewolves? Shows like this ramp up the power of our heroes so quickly that they don't have any realistic opposition any more (which is the "not completely" I mentioned for Buffy). Teen Wolf seems to be regulating these power issues quite well for the time being, I hope they continue to do so and, finally bringing it back around to True Blood, hopefully the mini-reboot at the end of the season finale will do the job for this show. The last few seasons has seen Bon Temps turn into the centre of activity for the entire supernatural community, I hope now that next season it can return to being a small close-nit town trying to deal with some extraordinary supernatural issues once again.
More+
Flag
I am so #TeamViolet all the way! I'm so happy someone else is with me! In the finale she was bordering on delightful!
I seriously hope that Eric's coming back soon, because as romantic interests for Sookie goes, he's really the only one I can root for. I simply don't like Bill. He gives me the creeps, but in a really boring way. And Alcide is just boring. Eric, come back! Though to be fair, Eric could do a lot better.
I'm really worried Tara's mom is trying to commit time-delayed murder on her own daughter! If she does I will be legitimately angry! Though not surprised. Poor, poor Tara. (Sidenote - was there some flirtation going on between her and Willa? Are we about to get a lesbian love triangle? And if so - Finally! A vampire shows with a love-triangle! That seems to really be something the genre is missing! Real talk, though: I would watch the shit out of a lesbian love triangle!)
This was such a good season (after a lot of really bad seasons)! They got rid of a number of characters and the tired story lines that went with them, and in turn they gave us a small handful of new, really great characters that have story lines that gives our remaining old characters new depth. This was a really admirable season! Props, writers! Way to turn a fast sinking ship around! Seems like almost smooth sailing from here on out.
More+
Flag
Sooo funny that title in the book LOL - Just watched the finale. I think the last couple of episodes were great, no matter how silly some parts are. This was a very entertaining season. With a bit of luck, next season we will not have to see any more of the wolves pack. And now Jason is tolerable to me thanks to that new character Violet. I also like Willa. And indeed Andy+Adeline have become good to have. Together. Hoping for a better role for Lafayette next summer, though!

But mmm... Lily Sparks... what do you mean "People don’t just change like that!" about Lettie Mae? So is it just a vampire thing to change like Bill and Warlow did all of a sudden? OK, Warlow was just faking it :)
Flag
Can't wait for the next season and hoping Pam saved Eric.
Flag
Me too!
Flag
Pam saves Eric!!! Let me continue to believe this. I had the same thought about Tara's mom. She bet not be trying to poison her with Hep V. I've been calling Sookie stupid all season once she got involved with Warlow. I just fast forwarded their scenes. I know her parents were horrible, but he still killed them and no one that evil changes that quick. Jess and Jason are over, no worries about Violet. Jess jumped on a new guy anyway. The six months later bit was brilliant. The little girl may have had a talent.
Flag
It wasn't the best season by far but it was good enough I will be back next season interested to see where it all goes.
I also thought Tara's mom was trying to kill her...I hope I am wrong she owes that girl after all, also Eric better have a better send off than that if he is leaving. Loved Evil Warlow too bad he only played it for 5min lol
Flag
For the first time I have nothing to say... worst final ever I'm only worried about Eric.... and Alcide,... just go away !

Flag
What just happened? There was just too much for my tiny brain to process!

Warlow/ Ben isn't sweet? Oh, and he's slapping Sookie around? wanting to isolate her from everyone?

Eric's naked? and dead? (Not that any of us believe that for one second!!) :)

Alcide is a nice guy again? and with Sookie? I am so relived that he's had a haircut, as that mess needed some kind of product to tame it!

Tara being fooled by her crazy mother (again)?

But the biggest mystery is, who the heck voted for Sam?
Flag
one more comment :P lets be prepared in the new season for them to do 100 flashbacks of what happened in previous 6months.
Flag
-Eric isDEAD. He showed his junk, which means this episode was his swan song. Sorry ladies--but at least there's slow motion and freeze frame!
-Hopefully!!!! I hate Tara, you see...
-Warlow was the lamest villain since, well ever...like in the history of the entire f****n universe.
-6 months??? This storyline is way beyond idiotic. Jason would have so much blue balls, his dick would implode like staked vampire. can thew writers come up with an arc for jason tahtd eosnt involve rape/or him being some ones sex slave?!?!?! I mean, seriously!! It's called creativity people.
-LOL.
-Ummm....
-Both I guess...But that's True Blood for ya...
-I think I missed that one!
Flag
Well, Violet is 800 years old (that would be cute if she was lying about that though and was just crazy and only like a couple years beyond turning), it doesn't seem terribly odd to her probably, but yeah, I get the impression 6 months is long even for an immortal to make someone wait.

Still, it's rather apt karmic pennance for all the easy ass Jason has gotten throughout the show. He's gotten ridiculously easy ass, so this is going to be ridiculously hard....unless Violet dies or something out the gate next season :P .
Flag
I seen it comming with Warlo everyone kept saying he's a good guy I said no he's not just wait HE will hurt sookie n show her his true colors , Damn was I right thank God he's dead BILL risk his life to protect sookie where was alcide when Bill Andy violet Jason n Andy's daughter was protecting her no where SOOKI should be with Bill as much as I love alcide sookie belongs with my Fav hot vamp Bill he can protect SOOKIe from VAMPS not alcide UGH trueblood writers this show was the bomb love love it Eric alive it's a cliff hanger Bill should be
Flag
Lots of people asking why Bill had to share the blood and not just tell them to GTFO... I'm probably being really stupid (because otherwise you guys are) but surely the vamps wouldn't have been able to escape, what with it being daylight an all... Were you guys expecting Bill to roll up in a minibus with tinted/translucent windows ala Near Dark, when he could just prevent the vision the way Lilith wanted? Like I said, I'm probably the idiot forgetting something here so let me know :)
Flag
Nice catch i like that, sure they would of escaped the sun, but would have waited for night time before they could leave the facility in witch sarah newlin (with jason letting her escape) could of bombed the place or some crap while they waited for night fall
Flag
Just letting you know that you're not being stupid or idiotic in the least. On the contrary, You are thinking of it with the logic of a writer moreso than the logic of a viewer.
Good catch there, Bud ::thumbs up::
Flag
Well you just made my day. Cheers.
Flag
Wow... This show is turning so bad so fast. Seriously I liked it better last season and I couldn't thought they could get any worse.

The entire vampire concentration camp idea was stupid to begin with. You know, *MAYBE* if they showed us the vamps being actually silvered or something and locked out of their powers I'd say possibly. But they were there with all their capabilities and they just stood around doing nothing.
Seriously, the fact that Erik just released them and they started killing shows how stupid the whole thing is. I mean, come on, vamps on this show move faster than a human eye can see. Ergo, they should move faster than a human pulling the trigger.

Also even if we accept this stupid premise, then why on earth is there only *one* camp? We are talking technology here, not magic. Any reason why they haven't mass produced those contact lenses?
The fact that humans developed technology to fight the vampires means that humans should feel safer now, not less.

And for the love of something, if the government knows about supernatural stuff, why aren't they using witches? Marnie nearly took all of them out. Surely the government has resources to find someone of equal power.

The entire Billith storyline was such a huge waste. So we get Bill with all of his awesome powers, who passed Lilith's test by taking out everyone else in a struggle for power and it seems now his role was to give up that power for others... What?!?

The Warlow plot was so darn stupid. Good? Bad? Make up your mind, that's not plot development that's just darn right stupid. The guy waited for 5000 years, he almost had Sookie *willingly* and he couldn't wait for 1 more week to go out on a stupid date? Seriously, it's Sookie. She'd probably marry him before the main course is served (and divorce him before deserts arrive).
And Nial stupid Deus-Ex-Machine was totally dumb (and why isn't he there 6 months later?)

Alcide dating Sookie seemed last a last minute thing. My guess? Erik wanted off the show so they wanted someone else for the triangle with Bill and they chose the other buff guy on the show (who is not her brother). I really don't see much of any other point there, as Bill pointed out wolves are the lowest bottom of the food chain in this world.

Well at least they got rid of his stupid pack. Heck, they got rid of Terry to. And while I would prefer other characters to get narrowed down rather than lafayete, I'm still glad someone got their role shrinked out.
Too many storylines were a huge problems the past couple of seasons.

P.S
Why did Pam leave after Erik on her own? Does she have any way of finding Erik? Wouldn't it make more sense to take Willa with her? Didn't Sookie use Jessica to track down Bill in season 3?

Why does killing Warlow suddenly causes vamps to lose their protection?
Previously we saw Erik devour a fairy and had the protection on for quite some time.
Heck, why does Erik even think the protection would last forever? He has drained fairies multiple times in the past and it only lasted a short while.

If Bill came into the room with all the vamps in, why did he let them drink his blood instead of... umm... I don't know... just shout at them: "The door is open, GET THE F OUT?"

Heck, why didn't Erik get there before him? He should have been able to track down Willa as we saw Bill and Pam do previously.

More+
Flag
I liked the plot but the way it was handled was poor, as you said, vampires are so quick, especially one Eric's age, he could dodge bullets, or when fired on grab one guard and use his body to block bullets, throw him at another guard then grab and kill another, they could have overwhelmed those guards, then when Eric put that spike through the window, he could have smashed it and got through, killed Steve Newlin and the rest and escaped, then before he escaped with Nora, he was wearing full armour, so their wooden bullets and light bullets wouldn't have hurt him, he could have destroyed the Hep V and killed the guards there and then, it was shit. Bill could have just pulled Burrell's contacts out and glamoured him, found out where the camp was straight away and freed everbody. Then Warlow, if Russell Edginton was 3,000 years old and more powerful than everyone in the authority including 2,000 year old Salome, then 5,500 year old day walking fairy vampire Warlow would be unstoppable, but they killed him off as easily and unceremoniously as they did Russell Edginton.
Flag
From what's been seen, progenies are summoned to their makers, if they want to found or are in danger. With they way Eric abruptly left on the funeral episode, I don't think Willa would of been much help for Pam. I believe the place where Eric was at might have been referenced on season 3, so maybe that's where she was going anyway.

Also, there is a difference between faeries and faery vampires. Wow that sounded stupid. It seems like faery vampire blood is way stronger than faery blood, hence it seems to last forever until the donor is dead.
Flag
I had the same thought about the whole silver thing... they should have been shackled in the stuff because that would then explain their passiveness. Maybe the walls / doors were silver-lined? No idea.

The government DID mass-produce the weapons and contact lenses. Andy's sheriff department received a crate of stuff. Guns, bullets, contact lenses, etc. So chances are lots of police precincts received them so they were probably mass-produced. BUT not mass produced enough for all of the private citizens to have them... otherwise the vamps might have learned about them.
Flag
alcide and sookie can't be together cause eric glamoured alcide in season 5 epiosde 6 that he (alcide) needed to keep his hands of sookie right?
Flag
And then Sookie countered by helping Alcide remember like she did with Eggs in Season 2, to show him what he had been doing under Maryann's control. Ok so there's probably better examples because that wasn't technically a glamoring but it's the same thing. Sookie can reverse a glamoring. I don't know why so many people missed that, Alcide shouts something on the lines of "fucking Bill and Eric" and storms out...
Flag
You just hit the spot!! Problem solved.
Flag
Maybe eric really died then. Just like warlow died and everybody lost their new power.
Flag
sookie should be with Bill not Eric alcide Sam
Flag
I don't know.
Great finale until Eric bursts into flames and then this irritating "six months later" jump.
Who is the little girl?
Why is Bon Temps so desperate stupid to elect Sam Merlotte?
Why isn't there any fallout for all the killing?
So I'm looking at a season 7 with no Eric Northman, but with VampireZOMBIES, AIDS-drama and Sookie hopping back and forth between Bill and Alcide. And finally Jason is the tool he ever wanted to be in the first place(at least Violet is fun although a little too much Pam-y[substitution?]).
Super.
At least we all are watching next season in dictatorial states, probably imprisoned in a mass camp of some sorts. Let's see how witty we are then.
Flag
As far as Eric is concerned, I strongly doubt he's dead. One reason is that they did not show us where Pam flew to. Second of all, True Blood was never shy to all that gory disgusting bloody killings. Why would they not show us Erik breaking into million bits or something like that. For heaven's sake, they just had to show us the chopped penis of that scientist lying on the floor.. That was just wrong... not even Game of thrones dared to show us something like that; not even when they chopped Theon's penis. What do you think?

Poll

Flag

They did say Pam was the superhero that should save the world (and this is only Eric, it should be easier).
Flag
hahah PAaam!
Flag
I JUST watched the season 6 finale and I have to say, it was an excellent episode. I can go on writing words like Epic or Brilliant, which it kind of was... First of all, I like how the writers managed to properly finish all second useless story lines that were pending since season 5, how they brilliantly finished the season by killing Warlow and still had half an episode to include a major time jump. Second of all, talk about twists, cliffhangers and character developments. This season was really something!
Flag
I agreed with you

Flag
ERIC - not dead, but having to heal and travel will probably explain a long absence

Is Tara’s mom tricking her into infecting herself? - no, and i am surprised you hinted at a sexual vibe rather than an attempt to be a nurturing mother vibe

Were you surprised at Warlow’s turn or did you see it coming way way off? - once Sookie tried to get into a relationship with Sam a few episodes ago, it meant the end of Warlow one way or another, so turning him bad wasnt really shocking

Are you #TeamViolet or is she cock-blocking Jessica? - Jessica is with the other vamp so there is no blocking, just paranoia(remember how she acted toward Sookie upon meeting her). I like Violet, so hopefully they get rid of this paranoia sometime next season. THEY BETTER NOT KILL OFF JESSICA THOUGH!!!

– Are you going to Photoshop up a cover like Bill’s book and wrap it around a dictionary and leave it on your coffee table because that shit is hilarious? - or a screen print t-shirt

– Do you love Target more, less, or equal to getting high while naked in the sunshine?- meh

– How did you feel about the “six months later” interlude—tacked on, or a brilliant cliffhanger? - just a cliffhanger...or maybe the vamps want Bill's autograph on their copies of his books

– What is that little girl in the church's deal? Any guesses? - i thought she might be a vamp or a fae
More+
Flag
I agree, I don't think Tara's mother is trying to infect her. My main reason is that this is the first time she has ever fully admitted what a bad mother she was. Previously, even if she began to admit some fault, she would snap back and do something incredibly selfish.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
bull it was a AWSOME
Flag
My guess: she was the Alpha vamp in her wing because she was the oldest in her wing. Recall Season 1, Bill said that vamps have to more-or-less obey any vamps older than them. He wanted a nest to leave his house but couldn't order them to do it because one of the vamps was older than him. Then he started nesting... but prior to that he wanted them to leave but couldn't force the issue. So... the 800yo vamp was probably the oldest one in their wing.

And not that I'm justifying it, but Violet was just out of her weight class. She was "napping" because she got zapped by light with some electrical component. Even Bill was pretty much useless once he got zapped and I don't recall the electric sparks around him like with Violet.
Flag
I think Eric (please don't kill me) might actually be dead. His death, although far, far less peaceful, reminded me of Godric's, and what other way would we want him to leave than in his Maker's footsteps? I pray that I am wrong, because he is one of my favorite characters, but I am afraid he might be gone. I thought right away that Tara should not have taken that drink from her mother, and the Hep. V theory is solid. We never heard one way or the other about her test, and with her hatred of vamps, she would probably have lined up to be a carrier. I am all #teamjessica. Although Violet is likable, I thought Jason and Jessica were great together. I will not have a fake copy of Bill's book. Although it would be funny, I don't think my girlfriend would appreciate that. I don't like chain stores, so I never thought about liking Target more for the True Blood plug, so I am going with naked and high in the sun there. Take that how you may. I absolutely loved the sneak peek at Season 7, but I want to know what went on in those six months. How did we get to where the six months took us? A big step back in the first episode of season 7 may be in order, because I (and hopefully more people) really want to know how Sookie and Alcide got together, watch Sam's campaign for Mayor, and see how Arlene dealt with taking over the bar. I think this would have been shown had Season 6 not been two episodes short. Lastly, I think that little girl in the church may be huge in the next season (or two). There is no reason for a production to spend even that much time in an episode on someone not important, and doesn't she remind you of any other characters? Anyway, that's my take. Thank you for reading.
More+
Flag
Eric... it was so hilarious I laughed out loud and then with him bursting into flames.. NO-OOO!!!!
Lots of those scenes this season when you dont really know if you should laugh or cry, or do it simultaneously (which seems to be quite difficult to accomplish)

And the book he was reading: Hjalmar Söderberg's Den allvärsamma leken (The Serious Game)... it's a love story from 1912 about a man and a woman (surprice there!) who fall in love but don't get married. Instead they both marry someone else and later by a coincidence meet and become lovers. Sookie and Eric there... I hope. Haha!
Flag
no no no I want Bill n sookie there romance was much more real Eric and SOOKI was more fake n there sex Scenes was HIDIOUS like the one where there in the woods I didn't like Eric needs be with a tough vampire like himself Bill n SOOKIe
Flag
Season 6 is definitely the best season of Tru Blood ever since season 1. Too bad Warlow is dead, I kind of getting used to him hanging around Bon Temps, and that's saying something since he is a new character. I don't think Eric is dead, or is he?

Zombie vampires? Next season's gonna be scary! Looking forward to it. After last season, I don't think I could watch Tru Blood anymore, but this season has been a good surprise. Yes, I agree with you, Lily. It's rare to have a show that is not new, to make us feel like we're watching a 'first season.' The writers and new showrunner have done a really great job! Bravo to them!
Flag
ERIC
Flag
I'm still along for the ride.
Flag
There were a lot of reasons to love this show, but if Eric is truly gone, then there will be one less viewer for next season. Several of the other main characters have become soooo annoying, boring, and predictable, and Eric was the best of them all, in my opinion. And his 'death', if that's what it was, was just... lame. No other way to say it.

Yes, Pam left to go find him much to Tara's annoyance - and we didn't see Pam again after that. No, we didn't see Eric meet the 'true death' QUITE yet - and that was done on purpose, I am sure. And yes, we've seen Bill, for example, burn like that and live.

Personally, I think they did it that way so as to leave the door open for Alexander's return. A lot can happen in the months up until they start shooting again. But if that was really Eric's last hurrah, well - Lame doesn't really begin to describe it, and so long TB - I'll be able to drop another pay-channel from my cable bill.

I -do- want to add that I love Violet, and think she's an awesome match for the sex-starved Jason. Violet is a perfect 'opposite' from him, which I find endearing and incredibly sexy. It doesn't hurt that she actress portraying her is incredibly sexy as well.
More+
Flag
I have loved Violet ever since the second time I saw her. So happy for Jason, I think this could be a healthy relationship for him.

Ok, I love the shit out of Terry, thought his death was justified and brilliant, but did he really take 6 Episodes to die??

Violet, for being such a old vamp, really looked good and comfortable in Target clothing.

I totally believe Eric can come back, but Alexander shouldn't. Have Pam save him, or kind of, and have him die out in Pam's arms. He has held so many dead loved ones, he deserves as much.

Seriously, I love Violet.

Speaking of love, I have always loved Andy Bellefleur since the beginning, and his character and Chris Bauer were fantastic this season. As much as I loved him, I wanted Andy to be able to get out of Bon Temps, because how lucky can this guy be?

Jessica, on the other hand... always loved her, too. But this season her character seemed annoying, like she regressed to a whiney little girl. Yes, that is what she was, but I feel like they took so many steps backwards with this one. But I am totally ok with it. I have moved on from Jessica. I got Violet now.
More+
Flag
show definitely seems better off than last season; although I'm still not as excited about it as I used to be.

just wanted to make a quick post really about something that has been bothering me all season: Sookie having limited light and once it runs out she's no longer faye. I suppose the writers saw this as a good way to raise the stakes for Sookie and let her have some deeper moments about becoming normal... but i dunno, I just didn't like it all. I kept hoping for a way to 're-charge'/extend sookie's fairy powers to come about instead and dispel any more talks about it. If anything how down-to-earth, nice, and 'normal' Sookie's character was (especially as introduced in early seasons) despite her telepathy (and eventually learning she was half-fairy) was what made her character so cool and interesting. Thus, she was capable of being a relatable and grounded character but still believably bad-ass (without being a centuries-old vampire or werewolf) in this supernatural world because of her half-fairy status. So, I would hate to see the show changed her character so much by taking it away.
Flag
Yeh I thought that too.
Flag
Some viewers are suggesting that she wasn't as "low" as she thought, but it was more of a "Spider-man 2" type of thing... they were on the fritz because she wanted them gone and stuff.

Then Niall started training her how to use that Nova and via practice and stuff she has her "groove" back. She's still probably lower than normal but at least now she can reliably fire light-blasts and stuff.
Flag
"The Wit and Wisdom of Lily Sparks" hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, falls on floor laughing, hahahhahahaha......

Thank you Lily, you made my day!

A whole nother year!? NOOOOOOO

Though Seeing Alex I can now Die Happy :D
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members