A True Blood Community
HBO (ended 2014)

True Blood S07E02: "I Found You"

True Blood’s 10-episode-long final season/“Fan Christmas” continued this week with “I Found You”’s cold open. Get out your nicest "Thank You" cards and let’s all write a heartfelt statement of gratitude to showrunner Brian Buckner for that steamy love scene between two of the hottest actors on the show. Honey and sexual vanilla all over the screen, and so well-lit you wanted to just lick it off.

This delightful slash-fiction detour ended up being a dream sequence of Jason’s, but Blondie told me that “Dreaming is real” and True Blood has set a precedent of using such dream sequences as way-stations in its characters’ development tracks. The other best part of the episode also happened somewhere between the worlds of consciousness and oblivion, and yes, I’m talking about Tara’s glamorous Britney Spears-esque crucifixion:

True Blood has always been especially generous to the photo-recapping format. Visuals like these are gifts to reviewers like myself and they come positively haloed in potential clicks. The show's use of shocking imagery, of context-free and stunning visual one-liners, has been much imitated but never duplicated, and I will miss moments like this so much.

I also love the ambiguity of Lettie Mae using the drugs as a means to cope with losing Tara, and also getting just straight-up addicted to a substance, as she’s prone to do.

In addition to this “classic” True Blood imagery, "I Found You" continued the thoughtful, cinematic pace of last week's season premiere. We spent a full day exploring a horrifically abandoned town, a bizarro Bon Temps emblazoned with graffiti scrawls signaling hope or despair, the detritus of a last human stand on the edge of a mass grave full of dead residents. Saint Alice’s obvious parallel to Bon Temps was underscored by how Sookie and the gang found the place, by tracking the license of a blonde 25-year-old body that Sookie had literally stumbled upon in the woods. 

Already a clear physical doppleganger for our heroine, the Saint Alice blonde had more than a few things in common with Sookie, as we learned when she found the girl’s diary and started reading its spicier passages out loud. This young woman had also loved a vampire (though she lost him to Hep-V), and had also stayed in her hometown even as it was targeted, willing to fight for the best outcome until the very worst transpired. It was one of those moments where we’re made to care about someone other than a very manicured vampire who keeps death meaningful on True Blood, and it worked.

The discovery would ultimately shake enough nostalgia loose in Sookie that she’d cross the graveyard in the middle of a vampire apocalypse to ask Bill if he could still protect her. Was Sookie's behavior an instance of emotional reawakening or cold practicality? It did occur to me that this might be why the writers dispensed with Tara so early on (though I refuse to believe she’s actually dead): to push Sookie into relying on Bill. Which, ugh. Don’t do me any favors. Bill and Sookie, at this point, are beyond a dead horse. They are a lithograph of an anatomy drawing of a dead horse, stop trying to make it trot.

Meanwhile in Bon Temps, what should have been a clean-up crew turned into an angry mob. While Andy, Sookie, and Jason investigated alongside Mayor Merlotte and Alcide, Bon Temps rose up and seized all the weapons from the police station. Andy’s daughter was locked up when she tried to intervene. While there’s very little the mob can actually do to defend themselves, as a viewer it’s hard not to root for a rollicking “breakdown of society” B-story.

This week's other big storyline that focused on painting a portrait of a character’s offscreen life was that of dying vampire Mrs. Harris, an excellent teacher who had been turned and was now spending her last days in Fangtasia with a nest of sick, bickering vampires. When Arlene recognized her, our captives formed a plan to appeal to her for mercy, and Arlene gave a series of show-stopping speeches that were A) her best work to date on the show, and B) worth memorizing in case a serial killer ever pens you up in his basement, Buffalo Bill-style, because they seemed quite effective. 

The memories that Holly and Arlene shared of what Mrs. Harris did for their kids helped to endear the dying vampire to us quite quickly, and then she collapsed, sobbing, into Arlene’s lap over her own distaste for her current circumstances and completely won us over. Life had given this woman a great deal of lemons, but she was willing to help Arlene and Holly and Pregnant escape despite the risk to herself, if she could first have a little sip of Arlene’s groin arteries.

What happened next was a triumphant return to form for True Blood, a nightmare scenario painted awkwardly with undercurrents of coerced sex and shattered social taboos (your kid’s teacher sucking your crotch) that evoked the glory days of the show's relevancy. The vampire teacher dying mid-suck was almost tragic until it was just simply disgusting, the vampire teacher’s attempted rescue ended up as merely a lap full of blueberry cobbler for poor Arlene. It was one of the more hideous moments of the series, because the vampire by this time was relatable and sympathetic and truly heroic, yet there she was, melting into a rotten mess right up on top of Arlene’s underpants and all we could think was “Get it off, get it away.” 

Disease is dehumanizing, obviously, and unfortunately in this world it’s spreading. Like why was Jessica’s bite not healed? And of course, the heartbreaking reveal of Eric, at last, Hep-V veins through his chest and his highlights woefully untended. 

The look on Pam’s face when she saw him was like getting a shot of a vitamin I didn’t realize I was deficient in. I’d search all over the world for him too girl.

QUESTIONS:

... What’s up with Jessica’s arm?

... Is Sookie secretly back in love with Bill or just frightened? But if she was frightened then why did she cross a graveyard on her lonesome?

... Lettie Mae: addicted to drugs or addicting to communing with her daughter?

... Will Eric’s highlights be reinstated next episode now that he’s reunited with Pam?

... Will Hep-V be cured and will that cure have something to do with synthesizing fairy blood? 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/24/2014

Season 7 : Episode 10

194 Comments
Comments (192)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I thought the episode was okay, not great but not bad. The beginning scene with Jason and Eric was interesting and kind of WTF. Since Jason hasn't fed off Eric in a long time I am wondering why he is having sexy dreams about him. I wish someone would put Lettie Mae down cause I find her even more completely useless and boring than she was before Tara died. The townspeople are complete idiots and the sooner some of them meet their demise the better off we will be. Three cheers for both Sookie and Jason using their brains for a change! It has been said by the creators of the show from the beginning that Sookie and Bill are soul mates- whether they actually end up together remains to be seen, I think their relationship ran its course a long time ago. I wonder how Eric ended up with the virus and why Jessica hadn't healed yet.
Flag
This is getting seriously weird. I think it's a good thing that this is the last season.

Tara's dead. Her mother killed her.

Sookie: Neither, she's up to something.

Lettie Mae: Guilt ridden over killing her daughter.
Flag
and there might be something with Arlenes blood, because the vampire dying, should have been getting better because of the drink...

Flag
and when will they ever think of Fangtasia as the residence of the new nest....? it's taking too long!
Flag
what was the point of the first scene between eric and jason???wtf???
Flag
I think to give the audience a hint that Eric is still alive. Because, correct me if I am wrong, but if Eric died, wouldn't Jason's dreams/attraction stop?
Flag
I guess u r right... but it was awkward as hell! Haha
Flag
I really hope they explain how Eric went from being completely exposed to the sun with no shelter at the last episode of the previous season to hep v infected 'cos it's quite a big leap and it will be REALLY annoying if they leave it as a loose end.

One of the things I love about this show is that they throw in a little something for the ladies every now then. Although I wonder if they create these bizzare sexy sequences just to mess with the actors. :-) I was wondering what the rationale was for the dream within the plot (not that I'm complaining) how long ago was Jason bit by Eric? Would his bond to the female vamp (I forget her name) cancel out/overpower his bond to Eric?

It's been a year since the end of the previous season - wouldn't the True Blood factories be up and running again by now with clean fake blood? Wouldn't they have recalled all the infected blood by now?

Did anyone else find it funny when Lettie Mae commented about Lafayette's family being 'prone to the darkness?' Pot? Kettle?
Flag
can someone help me remember how this hep-v has spread. I thought at the end of last season they had destroyed the tainted tru blood. but ok maybe some shipments still got out that they (our main vampires) were unaware of. but only vampires drink that?--so how is it that some humans have tainted blood? bon temps was urging people with UNTAINTED blood to pair with a vampire right? i can't remember if I'm forgetting a part of season 6's plot where hep-v could get into humans (harmless for humans) and infect the vampires that way as well. this would have to be how eric got infected? considering he knew about tainted tru blood and being the ancient; uncontrollable vampire never drank the stuff anyway; had to drank from a human with tainted blood. but how did that happen and so rapidly? sorry for the long post on this but it is bugging me.
Flag
but how did that happen and so rapidly? as in how are there so much tainted blood in humans (apparently all over the world)
Flag
sorry about the grammar errors in this post
Flag
"The vampire teacher dying mid-suck was almost tragic until it was just simply disgusting"

Ugh yeah, that sudden "oh crap I guess I'm dying now might as well go out with a bang" look she had leading to that intense suck thrusting she started doing upon ditching the rescue plan: and my heart sank, my lunch rose, and I just felt sad for all the characters involved.
Flag
Loved the last two screen caps.
Flag
Kill everyone but Jessica.

More Jessica less momma Lettie Mae, more jessica less sexual dreams, more jessica less dying Eric, more jessica less worthless Bill, more jessica less beyond worthless Sookie.
Flag
question: why did Mrs. Harris explode while feeding? Does Arlene's blood have something weird in it?
Flag
No, she was simply dying from Hep V (as all the infected vampires are).
Flag
Opening scene *fans self* well that just ticked all the boxes for me. I'm liking this final season, it'll be ending all too soon and if they kill off all the characters, well so be it. I'm here for the entire ride, bring it on!
Flag
Now we have to watch Eric die AND watch Pam watch him die? I don't know if I can deal with this...
Flag
-Does Bill still has "Billith" powers? I mean i think they hinted that in the last final season, Could that be possibly the answer to the infection or at the very least part of the solution? -I think the H-V epidemic is some sort of methapor about the HIV pandemic -being the vampires the no- less-methaporic simbolism for the gay community-. -Eric is one of the oldest/stronger vampires remaining so i suppose he will last way longer than the average carrier. -Jessica hasnt feed in very long time, being a baby vampire is logical to assume she´s more fragile than her elders. --Is a well-known fact that -in many cases- men who tend to objectify and use women the way Jason does/did are usually coping with sexual identity issues. I bet he´s actually gay in a very subconcious level. The way he woke up from that dream and resumed his life without feeling as upset he did last season (when he dreamed about Wharlow) make me think he is starting to understand his sexual identity. -Not sure about Tara being dead and if she happen to be i´m sure Lettie Mae killed her "in the name of the lord". -Again : I hope Mrs Fortenberry to being killed in the most horrible manner, i hate that bitch to bits. During the whole series she has always been the voice of the ignorance and biggotry. -Where is the authority (human and vampire)? I know is a vamp-ocalypse and there´s just few vampires left but they do still exist socially in a very elaborated hierarchy (and they also exist in a human world), where are the rest of them? Where is the media? The show used to play with those elements as social commentary. -Lafayette might or might not be hooking up with Jessica´s Hippie BF, and that´s a bit weird. I want him to be happy sure but he never looked to me as the kind of person who mess with other people´s boyfriends. -Sam has suffered so much (his failed family, his lonliness, his dead brother, his failed attemps to find love and happiness) i want him to have a happy ending for real.
-I want to Jaeric to happen (Jason+Eric) : both deserve love too, why not with the hottest beefcake around? -The only character i don´t give a damm is Sookie ( i love Anna Paking though) , her story arch is so reductive and frankly after a whole season about faries i got tired. Funny the books are about her but on tv she is the least likeable character at this point. - Who´s the big villain this season? Every season has one and i refuse to think is that idiot guy at the bar. After Russell Edgington and many other memorable baddies that would be totally lackluster.
More+
Flag
Bill stated in the finale that he lost his Billith powers... that they were gone. This was after they walked back in the sunlight to his mansion.

Jessica suggested that maybe he's just healing, but he says that he can feel that they are truly gone.
Flag
Oh thank you , i remember now
Flag
I'm outta here
Flag
If Jess has Hep v, I'm gonna be mad. But at least we know if Eric has it, and Jess has it, then there's going to be a cure at some point. You can't kill two of the three best vamps (pam for the win).

I think this is going to be Sookie's proactive, if I get myself taken by the crazy vamps, then maybe Bill will be able to track me, and they'll be able to find everyone thing. So not romantic Sookie, or scared Sookie, but standard to form suicidal Sookie.

I don't know why the show producers think we care about Lette Mae. I don't know, maybe she has a hard core following somewhere, but I just can't care. We've done this V addict thing so many times, it's not compelling anymore. Even more screen time with Tara isn't worth the plot time. Although the 30 seconds of Lafayette calling her out might have been ;)

Possibly. Pam has managed to scour the earth for her maker whilst looking fabulous. She would probably make sure Eric looks amazing until he becomes red goo.

Of course it'll be cured. Maybe the cure will turn all the vamps human and Sookie and Eric can ride off into the sunrise.
More+
Flag
Also, was anyone else really confused about the police station scene. First off, I have obviously been giving Kenya too much credit. You're going to give the angry mob a munch of weapons? Because Andy didn't give you a promotion? How does giving angry mobsters weapons prove that you're a good cop? And how are the guns going to help? She was right the first time, if they all had guns the night before they'd all be dead. Vamps move too fast to shoot, and metal bullets don't do anything unless they're silver. Not that they'll have any bullets left after they're done shooting up the police station. It's just so pointless.
Flag
An initial misdirection (oh look, Eric!) that turned into an overly long, overly campy sentence read as a heavy-handed fan-fiction/fan service. Can't say that I cared for it, although I'll admit that Skarsgaard and Kwanten managed to maintain an air of sexual tension.

Lettie Mae getting so many screen time is making me groan. Her having visions on Tara and getting hooked up on V is making me groan even more.
Plus Bon Temps people are so extremely unlikeable and easy to sway as a whole. Just an angry, bigoted mob that seems to be devoted of individuals who dare think otherwise. Only our young fairie saves these scenes.

Arlene & Co.'s scenes with the vampire teacher somehow didn't click for me. Came across as awkward rather than meaningful, but at least we've been given a reason as to why they haven't been offed yet.
Oh, and Sookie is reliving the good memories through another woman's diary that read as another piece of romantic vampire fan fiction.

So far there isn't much for me to like about this season, but I guess it's still early enough. No high hopes.
Flag
I'm willing to bet that the cure to the disease is werewolf blood. Just like in Being Human.
Flag
Wasn't werewolf blood toxic to vampires?
Flag
That's TVD :P
Flag
Actually, it was toxic, which is why when Nina was killed vampires used protective clothing.

At least in British version, not sure what kind of butchery US version did.
Flag
I think that the fairy saliva kept Jessica's arm from healing properly and that it may (hopefully) be just a temporary thing.

Sookie is planning something big that she doesn't think that Alcide alone will be strong enough to protect her from.

Lettie Mae: both

It depends on if he's strong enough, and being an older vampire, he may be, to fight the degradation of the Hep-V

Probably. I certainly hope so. I really need to go back and watch Season 6 again, b/c I am having trouble remembering stuff. I can't for the life of me remember/understand why they would have tainted the Tru Blood to begin with.

And why didn't Willa sense that Lettie Mae was in danger; she had drunk from her before? Jessica sensed fairy girl's danger immediately. And the fact that she was asleep isn't really an excuse. We've seen vamps wake from sleep when someone was in danger before. Of course, then again, I think that was just Bill w/Sookie and she'd had a bunch of his blood. So I don't know.

This ep. was so chock full of goodness and it gave me that happy feeling that I love again. At the beginning of the ep. after that scene w/Eric and Jason I was doing a happy dance. I was so excited. So much fun!!!

And am I the only one who thinks there might be something extraordinary about Arlene and the accelerated degradation of Mrs. Harris?

More+
Flag
Jess hasn't fed in a long time. I just figured that this was the reason why she wasn't healing at normal vamp speeds.
Flag
The humans (via the governor - Willa's dad) tainted the True Blood to get rid of the vampires. Wasn't very well thought through as I don't think they planned for what would happen afterwards.
Flag
It was a good plan. Considering Authority was planning for their own war on humans something had to be done. What government didn't count on was humans will take vampires' side and sabotage whole thing. And now that they have to deal with consequences they are all shocked that vampires aren't that nice.
Flag
It would've been a much better plan if they had come up with something that killed the vampires straight away rather than make them desperate and even more vicious so that even the 'gentler' ones would be forced go on the rampage and destroy whole towns.
Flag
If they'd come up with something that kills vampires right away and not over time (i.e. poison rather than virus) then after first few vampires would be killed others would stop drinking. If it's a virus then vampires keep drinking until everybody is infected and when they start dying it's too late for rest.
Flag
Answers to the questions:

1. Hep-V of course.
2. The flashback was clearly meant to prepare us for them getting back together. It could be a red herring, but I don't think it is.
3. Both.
4. His high whats?
5. Good theory. I like it.

Flag
That was one of the stupidest episodes of anything I've seen this year.

1. That dream scene was incredibly pointless. I guess True Blood must have lost its title as the gayest show on TV, and the writers decided to win it back, no matter how absurd they have to make this season. The fact that they're pushing Jessica's new boyfriend in the direction of LaFayette also suggests that they're really trying to gay things up this year. It doesn't seem to be because it's good for the story. It seems to be only to make things gayer, at the expense of the story.
  2. Sookie shoud have mentioned the corpse earlier.
  3. The angry idiot at the bar only had stupid arguments, and everyone was like "dammit, you're right".
  4. Sam had called the authorities and they didn't bother to call back. WTF. That doesn't make any sense. There would be news teams from all over the world in town already. If not, then the whole world is falling apart in similar ways everywhere. I would have thought that one person in Bon Temps would have seen that on TV.
  5. A whole town had been wiped out without anyone noticing. WTFF. (What the fucking fuck?)
  6. Jessica didn't try to call Jason, or anyone other than the police and Sookie. Not even one of those numbers you can call to ask for someone else's number.
  7. The gang sure took their time searching that town. What were they even looking for? They didn't try very hard to find survivors, or anything that could have given them information. How about driving Sookie around to listen for thoughts?
  8. The diary mentioned Fangtasia, and I suppose that might give Sookie the idea that they should check it out in the next episode. But the main point of the diary was clearly to reintroduce the idea of Sookie and Bill. (Sill? Bookie? Sillie?) But shouldn't they have thought of Fangtasia already? They were checking out random places that would work as a vampire nest. How about checking out the one place that they know vampires would be familiar with?
  9. The woman at the police station only had a much stupider argument than the angry guy at the bar, and the police lady was like "you have made a compelling argument". Of course, she was also stupid enough to give guns to the kids the moment before.
  10. Why are the vampires killing the people they've captured? Why not just take a little blood at a time?
The show also had a few good moments. Jason's detective work was the best. The scene with Arlene was good too. And Jessica's scenes were well acted, even the stupid one.
More+
Flag
  1. I am 100% in agreement as to the pointlessness of the dream sequence. Plus it made no sense as Jason hasn’t recently had any of Eric’s blood. Ergo, it was done as a fan service – so they felt they didn’t need to explain it or justify their reasoning for it in any way.
  2. And to add to this point – Kenya the deputy who is smarter than the average hick in town all of a sudden lost all reason and decided to join said mob of idiots???
  3. Good point.
  4. WTFF indeed
  5. My thoughts exactly
  6. Why on earth should they do any investigation other than read someone’s diary on their love-life…
  7. Agreed
  8. Agreed
  9. This is amongst a long list of stuff that doesn’t make sense.
All these complaints aside, I have to mention one moment in this episode that killed me (in a good way). When Sookie eventually decides to mention the dead body and Jason outsmarts her by using the dead girls wallet to identify her – and in all his smugness he hands her starbucks card to Andy J Such a laugh out loud moment.

Flag
I agree that the dream sequence was pointless but I'd like to see Lafayette with a new love interest. He's been through a lot and deserves to be happy.
Flag
3. actually the guy had good arguments. What is BTPD actually doing? It was said it was 5 cops. One was taken and killed, one would rather bang his vampire gf than look for people taken (and take her side in any confrontation between her and humans), one had to hold down the fort. that leaves Andy and the other cop. Not exactlly confidence inspiring, considering all that's going on.

4. In previous ep Sam maintioned authorities pretty much gave up on everything outside big cities.

Flag
Plus they explained v effects different people in different a way in the first season, I would assume variety in the types of v from individual vampires, further complicating matters. And one last point about the guns, when have you in your entire life, assumed a mob would think rationally? People don't think straight when threatened, and we all grew up with the scary scary guns so what would you reach for, a gun with which to blow off someone's kneecaps (I don't care if you are a vamp, that buys me a few more seconds if life) or a chairs leg that you have to be within arms reach to use? Plus they move like the wind and could rip your arm off, I'll take the gun....

Flag
Did anyone else have "I found you" by the Wanted running through your heads whenever you saw the title of this episode? I apologize both for a) knowing the song and b) getting it stuck in your heads.
Flag
No, I didn't, but that song was/is amazing. I am really hoping that I like every title song this last season so that I can happily buy this season's soundtrack.
Flag
I don't care you people decide not to watch, leaves more for me. :-P.
im not sure where they are going but I'm loving the ride. It's like a story with ADD and doesn't know where it's going till it gets there. Boy howdy I'm gonna enjoy. Plus immediate homoeroticism with Jason, well now, how can I say no?
Flag
One thing that I don't get (I might not get more but this bothers me): vampires can't get into homes uninvited. But instead of sitting at homes people want to run around with guns that DON'T kill vampires?
Flag
I'm not sure if those guns don't shoot silver or wooden bullets.

Also, the whole vampires can't get it in to a house is always stupid since they can glamour (something the show ignores this season) or just tear the place apart (for example, set it on fire till you're forced to go out)
Flag
I guess you're right about that.
Flag
The glamour thing is used a few times. But yes, the houses aren't all that safe, because even if the vamps can't get in, they can tear the place down.
Flag
Give Pam a spin off!
Flag
Well that was a big bag of nothing. How is it that they don't know that the Hep V vamps are in Fangtasia. That is the most logical place. Hell even Sookie read it out loud and no one chimes in with, hey maybe we should check the vampire hang out that they all know about and where they used to spend the daytime at. That is just lazy writing all around. I had high hopes for this season after they finally killed off Tara.. But nope. Still kind of stupid.

I will have to read these before i choose to watch the remaining episodes.
Flag
yeah. I am STUNNED that they haven't though to look in Fantasia - I'm not sure that they actually want their loved ones back. :-)
Flag
I don't think, even when they figiure this out, that it would be very prudent for them to go rushing into the place the vampires are holed up in. The Hep-V makes them extremely ravenous and unpredictable. And they need a solid plan and lots of some sort of power. I was wondering where my witches at? We need some witches about now, or some powerful something to defeat these Hep-V vamps.
Flag
Or you know, just bar the doors and blow some holes in the roof.
Flag
Then they can just run into the basement. lol
Flag
One more thing, if Tara is dead (which I personally still not sure of) shouldn't Pam have felt it?
Flag
Angela Robinson, who wrote Ep 1, says Tara has, indeed, met the true death. Some drivel about emotional impact yadda, yadda...
Flag
The actress who plays Pam said this will be addressed on the next episode.
Flag
Can someone explain this to me since I never understood it,

How the bloody heck can vampire blood do:
1) Be an insanely addictive drug that causes hallucinations
2) Cause the person drinking ti to develop sexual fantasies about the vampire?

All at the same time?

Take Jason, he was addicted to V during the first seasons. He drank Eddit a lot. But only once Warlow made him drink his blood did he get the fantasies?

And what about Terra's mother? She's drinking straight from the vein. How come she doesn't get attracted to willa?

This thing has been an insane inconsistent mess since season 1, but now they are throwing all possibilities at once.

Also, I totally agree with the chop about Sookie not calling the police sooner. But frankly, how does an entire town gets wiped out and nobody knows? People, it's the information age. Beyond google earth and such, those people had relatives, towns have supplies, people stop paying their bills yada yada yada.
It's *impossible* for a town to be wiped out and nobody noticing.
This wasn't something remote on a mountain top.

P.S
The vamps can't glamour anymore? What happened to all the fang bangers?
More+
Flag
Maybe Tara's mother will have, or is having, fantasies about Willa, they just haven't shown it, and honestly I don't really want to see Tara's mom getting frisky with anyone, it's too much like watching my own mom.

Blood is magic, is my answer to your first question jasonMelvil.

I don't know how all this stuff could be happening without someone knowing unless
1. Vampires are glamoring people into not reporting it or
2. The degradation of the world is so widespread that society is just falling apart. It's almost a walking dead, zombie apocalype. BTW I haven't actually watched Walking Dead yet. I just imagine. They haven't shown us anything TV at all. Maybe they're saving it for later. Also it seems with how urgent everything has been in the last 2(?) days, no one has really turned on the TV. It seems that they should, and maybe in the next 2 episodes they probably will.
Flag
It's not just Tara's mom. As I said, it's a drug that the masses take all the time. We saw Jason, Andy and loads of other people take it as drugs without having any of the fantasies.

Heck, we saw a pack of wolves drinking Bill and none of them had anything going on that.

Jason was *surprised* when he had fantasies about Jess even though he was a V addict for a long LONG time before that.

There is serious inconsistencies with the whole notion since day 1.

As for the other issue, big difference between here and Walking Dead. Walking dead is post apocalyptic. There is no tv, no radio, no internet no nothing.

Yet this town seems remarkably preserved, none of the buildings seem damaged (so how did the vampires get people inside?) and the lives of Bon Temp seem just fine. So one must assumed there's still wireless comunication at the very least.
Flag
Oh right I see what you mean, the blood as a drug. I never thought about it that way before. Hmmm... I have no idea, but at least it's consistently that way. It seems to only affects them in the sex fantasy way if they have it from the vampire fresh. So I suppose that could be something. Maybe it's a freshness thing?

Right, yes, I figured WD was postapocalyptic, which I'll have to watch eventually. But I think I replied to someone else that no one's actually even turned on the TV in a couple days, I think, or used their phones other than to call other people. Their phones don't look as "smart" as most people's either. I was just noticing that on the spectrum of smart phones, the people on this show don't have the best. The teenagers on Teen Wolf have nicer phones.

So perhaps soon they'll show us more on the TV front or something, since it's only 2 episodes into the season, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Flag
Actually V drug users used fresh blood too. The most notable example are the wolves that kept drinking from Russel as well as the ones who kidnapped Bill and fed on him. They literally cut him in the car and drank from him.

No fantasies whatsoever.

Heck, Adaleyn and Tara's mom don't seem to have them even though they drank from Willa and Jess respectively directly from the vein.

P.S
I'm not worried about anything as I have long accepted that this show is an inconsistent illogical mess ;)
Flag
Looks like the worst season. Sigh....
Flag
I've said that for every season since 3rd one..... :(
Flag
1-4 were the best. Season 6 until this pile ranked as the worst.
Flag
I don't know it can be actually worse than S5 but it looks bad so far.
Flag
Really? Season 5 was dumb for sure.
But season 6 was waaaaaaaaay worse.

The whole vampire concentration camps was beyond all kinds of stupid and I'm not even going to start on Warlow.
Flag
I had a feeling they tried to clean it up is S6 (at least limit the number of unrelated storylines) but yes, it did have its score of problems too.
Flag
But season 5 had ifrit, the authority, and the fairy queen.
Flag
There was nothing redeeming about season 5.
Flag
Oh the fairy world I totally agree with. Especially since it suddenly turned demonic for no reason and they never bothered explaining why...
Flag
Actually, I think the most ridiculous thing I ever saw on this show was the fairy world in the season 4 opening.

It seems either season 5 or 6 are regarded as the worst, but one thing season 6 had that season 5 didn't have was defenders. I remember there were people actually liking True Blood again for a time last season, and you could actually find positive comments about it. Season 5 had NO defenders. I remember every comment on this site and a lot of other sites were just overly negative, and I don't remember seeing any positive comments at all. It just seemed the negativity for this show was at an all time high during season 5.
Flag
Ah, the ifrit, I think that was all time low for me.
Flag
The Efreet didn't bother me except it's idiotic resolution.

The authority I totally agree with insanely stupid, but how Bilith was protrayed was even dumber.

As I said, I totally agree that season 5 was stupid.
But season 6 just seems so much worse.

Flag
And we continue to waste time on characters nobody's ever given a shit about, I don't care about Tara's mom (who will always be just Tara's mom because nobody cares enough about her to learn her name) and I don't care about her drug addiction. What's Bill doing, how about Lafayette? Who knows, instead lets see what Tara's mom's doing! Oh! She's being a junkie... again.
Flag
Forwarded through much of the first episode and this one might be the same, looks like I'm over this show, meh.

#nomoredisgustinggheychitffsgtho
Flag
Well I may have been envious of Jason and all the relation he had but the was before the first scene!!!
Now I'm happy were I am :D.
Flag
Jason has always been one of my favorites and he absolutely shone in this episode. I was laughing so hard at the opening sequence and at the pizza forensics bit. No matter what you do, True Blood, don't EVER kill (or change) Jason Stackhouse!

Did Sookie really need FOUR guys to go with her to Saint Alice? Sam and Andy should've stayed behind. Honestly, the mob inciters had a point. The mayor and the sheriff should not have left the town (even if it was just for the day) after what just happened.

Sookie and Alcide have ZERO chemistry.

I know True Blood is not what it used to be but I appreciate that they're bringing the focus back to Bon Temps, the townspeople, and their relationships, especially between the humans and the vamps (individually and collectively). The show has had it's highs and lows (some really high highs and some really low lows) but I think it's coming full circle. Honestly, I'm just happy there are no werepanthers, pagan goddesses(?), witch covens, fairy strip clubs, voodoo grandpas, goats, and demons, Authority peeps, and vamp concentration camps. I came into the final season thinking, "Let's just get this over with," but after this episode, I think I'm actually going to miss the show.
More+
Flag
Marian was a maenad. She wasn't a goddess, she was worshiping one.

Though I'm actually slightly bothered by the lack of stuff. I mean Holly is a witch... Can't she do anything to help them escape?
Flag
See the promo for next week for what looks like attempted witchy shenanigans
Flag
- I wasn't sure what happened to Jessica's arm. Thought it might have been miniature sunburns at first, but I think I was too distracted by her hotness to really notice.

- I think Sookie has no idea what she wants and wavers far too heavily based on her immediate emotions.

- I think she genuinely believes she is communing with Tara, but that fact is blinding her to her obvious addiction issues.

- Eric doesn't need the highlights, he has Pam now for witty banter, and which of those 2 is really more important?

- I feel like with this being the series end that we may not see a Hep-V cure, possibly not even with fairy blood, but then, if most all of the vamps die off, who will balance the power of the werewolves, the shifters?
Flag
"And of course, the heartbreaking reveal of Eric, at last, Hep-V veins through his chest and his highlights woefully untended to." - Really? The show waits til NOW to become a horror story? What gives?
Flag
Is it weird that my disappointment about the sex dream was that it was in Jason's head and not in Eric's? I guess I was really hoping for a location of Eric that even if we only saw. That it was in Jason's head, I don't know, he's kind of a horndog anyway?

I must say, I was a little confused following the Hep V vamp's discussion of their condition and the sleep issues and the feeding. It is all very strange and then when Mrs. Harris just died like that, it was like well wait...at the beginning of the episode, she is assigned to this duty because she has self discipline, but then she is the weakest?

I also, kind of started playing Candy Crush during Sookie's diary reading section. I think I interested a co worker in the beginning parts of the book series last week (and told her there is a part where, soon after Sookie meets another relative who isn't her cousin, she should stop reading the series) and that just seemed familiar (though I remember Sookie reading another diary when looking for her cousin and it was just post Hurricane Katrina and I want to say that Alcide was with her for that too...I was distracted by two thoughts though, one, that is funny, I was nearing the end of my reading of this series in 2005, and one other, ohmigoodness, and I'm not sure why I liked her so much other than she actually seemed to be a real friend to Sookie, do you think we get to meet Amelia?). But that end note about Sookie going to Bill, I don't think anything romantic was going on there, I think Sookie is going to get into some shenanigans.
More+
Flag
It was in Jason's head because he drank a bunch of Eric's blood in / around last season's finale. Eric found him nearly drained in the prison so he fed him some blood so Jason would recover and lead him to Pam.

A side-effect of drinking a vamps blood is that for a long time afterwards you have s*x dreams about them. We've seen that before with Sookie, Lafayette, and even Jason. I think some others too.
Flag
Oh, I know why it was in Jason's head, but I was hoping we were going to see Eric there.
Flag
After reading rumors that the actor who portrayed James during season 6 had left True Blood because he didn't want to portray a bisexual character, I can't stop thinking that those random first 4 minutes (not that I didn't enjoy them) were an answer to his actions.
Jason and Eric hardly ever interacted on the series, so having them making out seems to be proving a point. It's like telling him: " Hey, Luke...here you have to heterosexual actors doing the job they were paid to do. No excuses."
Flag
Personally I thought it was "yeah, we know the ratings are down so let's give some fan service"

I mean how does any of this fit with Jason's blue balls screaming last episode? It was totally off.

Though I have to give credit where credit is due. Everytime in the past when a man had the male fantasy dream, they never really went for it.
Both Sam\Bill and Jason\Warlow were interrupted before a kiss.
Now they went all the way. While not a mandatory thing, it's good to know they dont' get shy from it either.
Flag
Yeah, I thought the same about giving the fans something to keep them entertained, but at the same time the timing seemed very convenient. But I think many of us didn't even know the actor portraying James quitted until last week, so knowing the fans would realize on the first episode and wonder about the motives behind his departure putting this scene the first minutes of the second episode looked like a message to me.
Flag
Actually I'm pretty sure they reported Luke Grimes leaving the show months ago... Maybe they haven't mentioned the reason, but the fact they replaced him is old news.

I'm 99% sure it was reported on tv.com long ago.
Flag
I think Jason has had dreams of Eric before... hasn't he been healed by Eric's blood PRIOR to the end of last season?

I know Jason had dreams about Warlow last season. And I know Lafayette had dreams about Eric a while back. But I'm PRETTY sure Jason had Eric dreams before.
Flag
He didn't. When he had dreams of Warlow, it was clear that it was the first time ever that he had those dreams about a male vampire. He asked about "am I gay" and all of that.

He had dreams before about Jessica.

I don't recall Erik ever giving Jason blood before. The only time they were together was during the season 2 explosion with the church thing, but Erik gave his blood to Sookie not Jason.
Flag
Eric gave Jason blood at the vamp camp last season when he freed all the vamps. So the assumption is he's been having these dreams since then.

Though personally, I think it would have made sense to have this scene last episode since he hasn't been getting any from Violet in the last six months.
Flag
Oh sure, blame the V-blood for those dreams. Very plausible...
Flag
I said before that the whole V-blood being both a drug and a fantasy make makes no sense what so ever.
Flag
I read some comments here while i was at work and they were all so awful and it made me kind of afraid to watch this episode especially after last season getting the show back on track. Now that i have seen the episode though, i have to wonder wtf is everybody complaining about? There was nothing wrong with this episode, it was far from the best episode but it was far from the worst too.

& honestly, i think i liked this episode more then the premiere, which everyone seemed to enjoy.
Flag
This first scene was... I mean..... WHAT WAS THAT?! XD I had to watch it a second time cause when I watched it first I was mostly rolling over my floor laughing!! :'D And of course I watched it a third and fourth time because... *eye candy*

Everytime Adilyn or Jess appears on my screen, I'm so freaking intensely fangirling!!! There are no words how much I love those two cuties! Especially together! ;) So I truly hope Jess is just underfed and that's why her wound couldn't heal...

Lettie Mae: Addicted to annoy the fuck out of me since 2008. Adina Porter is a great actress, who does a great job, but to me her character is like the Joffrey Baratheon of True Blood! This wife of a Reverend has.to.die!

Even when Pam is for like 5 seconds on screen, she owns the whole ep! GO PAM! Rescue your maker! We already lost Godric and Nora! I can't lose Eric, too!! This bloodline has really shitty karma...

Was it just me or did anyone else thought of The Walking Dead during this episode?! All the infected vamps, fighting and threatening about each other, the empty town with all the messages on walls and roofs and this huge corpse- cavity?! Anyone?

Oh, and when the show is over: CAN WE PLEASE HAVE A SPIN OFF ABOUT JASON STACKHOUSE: FOOD-FORENSIC?!?! XD

More+
Flag
Have to agree with you about Adilyn and Jess. Just throw Willa in there and you've got just about the hottest little trio of supernatural sex appeal ever!
Flag
And Pam is their leader/ mentor! 3 gayngels for Pam!! XD
Flag
I would hope more for Violet. I love Pam's personality, but don't find her overly attractive.
Flag
Nope, I'm definitely more the Pam-type. ;)
Flag
Wow, I had no idea so many people were disappointed in True Blood! I mean, yes, it suffered a reduction in quality, but isn't it the same for 95% of TV shows? To me, True Blood is one of a kind, there's not one show out there to make me feel the way it does. The setting (Louisiana!), the red neck vibe, the accents, the fact that it looks suffocating even though there's always someone lost in the woods... and the sheer madness of it? And the depravation? How can't you not love that? True Blood is absurd (LOL at Tara's glamourous Britney Spears-esque crucifixion) and shocking from time to time, and yes Jason is stupid (Ryan Kwanten does terrific work btw), Violet is an insult to women's emancipation (don't like her one bit, and yet I like seeing her on screen, it's confusing), Sookie is annoying I guess, people are rude and cruel and mean and Lettie Mae is hopeless (suuuch a sad and scary woman!), but I think sometimes the best way to say meaningful things, and to create characters that will find an echo inside of our geeky little hearts, is to enhance traits until they look stupid, absurd, decadent, and not real. It allows a bigger stage for the characters to shine on, and a better contrast for all those moments that are suprisingly down to earth. And I think that's exactly what True Blood does, and excels at doing. The fact that Andy is close to a fan favorite now is because he contrasts with all the craziness that surrounds him. He looks more real. And if we can empathize with a fictional character on a show, then it's a good one. It's why stories are told, aren't they? H-Vamp Betty exploding on Arlene's lap is fun to watch because it's ridiculously gross, and not oh-so-seriously gross like on Game of Thrones or something, AND the metaphor behind the scene is just adding to the cool, thanks for pointing it out, Lily. (Also, I'm seriously considering building a totem to Carrie Preston in my closet like Helga on Hey Arnold!) I think the people behind the show know how absurd it looks, and I'm pretty sure they want it to look that way. It always has been crazy, even in season 1. And I don't think the small characters like Hoyt's mom (she makes me laugh SO MUCH, even though I hate her with all my guts) or Lettie Mae or Kenya (hello Kenya! I had forgotten about you!) take the focus from the main characters. They don't, they're a part of the big world of True Blood, they're like all the ladies in the backround on Orange Is The New Black. They're colorful! (Well, some more than others... Holly's boys are just invisible to me so far.) It's not like they're part of a b-story arc, it's just they're a part of Bon Temps, of True Blood. You can't take the context out of the story, it would make a soulless piece of tv. More than a story telling great, great metaphors about exclusion and the fact that everybody's flawed, I think True Blood is an atmosphere and a feeling. Because we feel for those characters! I know I do. The glitter, the gooey blood, the crazy-ass dream sequences, the cartoonesque characters (Hoyt's mom LOLOLOLOL), the fangs and the vampire mythology it's all a plus, a fun ride that contains truths about people and relationships, and has so many levels of reading. Of course, it's not perfect, but to me it's one of the great ones and once it's gone it will definitely join my Vault of Great Shows, and I will miss it dearly. (I will consider hating it if Arlene dies, though. Eric can go, Hoyt's mom can go (one can hope), Jessica too (sob), but NOT. ARLENE.)
More+
Flag
Yeah, I didn't know either. I still get so excited for Sunday nights in June. For me, it's all about the characters and I'd watch them do just about anything.
Flag
Is Sookie secretly back in love with Bill or just frightened, but if she was frightened then why did she cross a graveyard on her lonesome?

I may be remembering the scene incorrectly, but given the hamfisted reference in the diary Sookie read, Fangtasia seems to be her next stop. That's why she wants backup, not another lovesick sideshow. At least I hope not.
Flag
Honestly it can go either way.

The way I read the Bill scene (by itself) it seemed she wanted to get captured in the next batch and wanted Bill to be able to locate her. Because they made a point to repeat Jessica's scene from last week that a single bit of her blood means she can track her anywhere.

BUT... then there was that whole flashback thing while reading the diary. Reminding herself how happy she was with Bill in the beginning. So... it's possible they were doing more than comparing Sookie to the corpse but showing her making a choice.

It really could go either way depending how the next couple of episodes play out.
Flag
Or you know... The other way around. They could be trying to show you how much Sookie changed since the beginning.
Flag
I hadn't considered that, but then, I usually don't have much faith in Sookie to come up with any kind of plan or strategy to anything. She tends to just charge in and wait for someone to rescu.... oh wait, that would be pretty much the same thing as you described!
Flag
I also hated how easily those two jack-holes were able to convince people to join their mob.

Especially the deputy. Seriously, she seemed to know what's up. That a crazy mob with guns would have just killed each other during the attack in their own crossfire.

And yet... a 10 second speech invoking the race card, of all things, caused her to try to handcuff the one sane person in the room and join the crazies. The sane person who she AGREED with 11 seconds ago by the way.

The other bar-jerks, OK fine they were untrained hicks that were scared. But a confident deputy... :sigh:
Flag
Because police and mayor are doing such a great job of protecting the town as is......
Flag
Considering how they were behaving after they got the guns, they aren't going to be doing any better. Any improvement they might offer is because now they KNOW the enemy is nearby.

Face it, the "law" in Bon Temps is kind of screwed. They're cut off from just about everyone, receiving no assistance, and Zompires are super-speeding around. Sam's "every human needs a vampire" plan was about as solid as one could hope for in this situation.

Unfortunately the attack happened at an unfortunate time and the enemy was more coordinated than they were expecting. They were probably expecting Zompires akin to what Jessica faced near Andy's house... near death, weak, and in smaller groups.
Flag
"The Law" in BT kind of sucks as well. Jason isn't the brightest bulb and he seems to be something of second in command. And considering that once humans got taken he told people to stop looking for them because "The Law" is doing that and then proceeded to screw his vampire gf instead of, you know, looking for people.

Andy seems to be only one who is competent, isn't enthralled with vampires as others are and doesn't go with every stupid plan that comes along. but he is jsut one man

Flag
Seriously, this town is full of stupid people. That's the only explanation for half of things that are happening there.
Flag
Maaaaaybe she realized she couldn't face the mob by herself (Adilyn and Wade not counting, because she's too easily scared and he just doesn't count) and that the crazies would very possibly kill her if she tried (morons with guns being dangerous and all), sooo she decided to play along, in order to 1) not die and 2) put Adilyn and WhatsHisFace to safety, at least for now. Wouldn't it be cool if it was true? Because otherwise she was very easily convinced, I agree... The skin color card is way too easy, but at least it shows how simple it is to manipulate people with their fear of rejection. It happens everyday, so the way I see it, it's possible it convinced her.
Flag
It's true... it's possible she was just playing along knowing that she didn't have a chance. There was no convincing them otherwise, and she was WAY outnumbered even if she was armed.

I'm hoping that's the case. But I don't know, it's possible she just gave in to the mob.
Flag
Honestly I'm surprised nobody got shot during the "gun party" considering how they were just running around.

Though that one a--hole did probably blow that woman's ear drum. He just walk up next to her and fired on the paper target with his gun like 3" from her ear.

So yeh, enjoy that tinnitus lady. You deserve it.

Flag
Everyone looks tough and confident without a threat present, but as soon as you have a dozen vamps zipping around you faster than you can aim, I'm sure there's gonna be more than a few "friendly-fire" incidents.
Flag
Ok here Are my suppositions

lettie Mae killed Tara & is now feeling guilty, I presume we will learn this through flashbacks.

Eric has Hep-v & is dying, this will spur out "heroes" into locating a cure.

Jessica had not fed in ages which was why the bite did not heal.

By the time the series has ended the vampire population will be decimated to almost extinction level numbers causing the general public to believe they have all died & thus go "back in the coffin" as it were.
Flag
Good point about the series end coming up. It is called "True Blood" after all and the tainted True Blood drink is wiping out the vamp population. The Bon Temps inner circle will somehow find a cure (perhaps magically) for Eric and a way to immunize themselves from future infections. Then our heroes can symbolically say good-bye to us fans and go off into the sunset :-P Right. I can't wait to see who dies the true death next!
Flag
I love how Lafayette's response to Letti Mae. Why are you asking m.... oh hell no I don't do that anymore.

The change in thought/sentence mid-stride as well as to "remind" us that he can do this stuff.

Flag
I too was wondering where they were going with Jessica's bite marks since they made a point to zoom in and have her say "Huh?"

Was the scene foreshadowing that something is wrong? Maybe the virus has mutated to be airborne and she's going to go all dark-veiny.

Or as someone points out below... were they just showing that Jessica hasn't fed in so long that she's starting to lose her strength and healing abilities. That she's not going to be as helpful to Andy as she hopes.
Flag
NNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! How dare you suggest such horrors!?!?!
Flag
For what it's worth, the Stackhouse's were actually semi smart last night: Sookie's logic and Jason's pizza-forensics.

- Sookie used logic: those vamps didn't look familiar and that dead woman didn't look familiar, maybe they came from the same place since not many people are travelling during this apocalypse. Maybe we can learn about the attackers.

Granted it wasn't a definite correlation worthy of Sherlock, but the chances were high enough that it was worth pursuing and it turned out she was right.

- Jason's detective skills

First he pointed out the obvious Wallet instead of trying to run fingerprints, if only he'd paid attention to which card he pulled out of the wallet.

But the pizza thing... yeh. When someone lives on a diet of cold pizza and beer, you can probably guess how long that pizza has been left out. So I'd buy him being able to tell if it was between 2-3 days old.
Flag
last episode, I could've sworn James said Jessica hadn't fed. So if thats the case, with not feeding, how can Jessica heal.
Flag
The very fact there aren't hundreds of men (and women) lining up to feed her is a testament to how truly absurd this show is.
Flag
Remember she can only drink from people who are Hep-V negatives.
Not anyone can feed her. And the only people we know are negatives were at the party who had a massacre last episode.

So the list is quite narrow and got even slimmer.
Flag
True but I remembered James asking her on the phone if she had fed and he says you know you need to.

Other notes thus far is I loved Lafayette standing up to Lettie Mae, it's like they keep making more reasons to not like her. Oh and Vince and his little mob I'm already sick of. Now I just want all the townspeople in Bon Temps to die
Flag
You mean you didn't want all of them to die, like... 6 season ago???
Flag
Wtf and not in a good way! This whole episode felt like it was foreshadowing the end and it seems worse then I could have imagined.
Flag
Still deciding on whether I should make time to watch this season.
After the end of last season, I was telling myself, "okay I'm done but I'll probably watch anyway."
But surprisingly, walking away has been easy though I am curious.
What do you think, worth the time?
Flag
let's put it better, slightly better than previous season but only by comparison.
It's not all that great either.

But then again, it's only about 40 minutes per episode. Surely you can just at worst case scenario let it play in the background while doing something else.
Flag
If you've watched it all thus far, there's really not much reason to stop at the final lap. That isn't to say its gotten any better though...
Flag
I swear that's my only reason for watching these days. I'm beginning to doubt if it's a good reason though...
Flag
Not so far, and it probably won't be.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members