A True Blood Community
HBO (ended 2014)

True Blood S07E06: "Karma"

True Blood has always referenced, albeit sometimes obliquely, the discrimination faced by the LGBT community, but “Karma” did a devastating job with Bill’s storyline in hinting at some of the indignities suffered by the earliest victims of AIDS: He doesn't have any legal protection for his loved ones. We saw him be physically shunned by his own community. When he tried to amend his will, he found himself at the mercy of a prejudiced bureaucrat who openly held him in complete contempt and tried to extort him. Indeed, Bill’s journey in "Karma" was brutally evocative. 

He’s been our hero for seven years, and there’s something about a character you know so well being de-humanized on so many levels simultaneously—for what he is, for what he’s suffering—that forcefully brings to mind the unwritten history of atrocities faced by AIDS victims of the '80s and '90s, and how many hundreds of “Bills” there must've been who not only suffered from a terrifying, debilitating disease but faced a total void of compassion in the institutions they dealt with. 

So yeah, it was complete emotional justice to see Bill put a letter opener in this lady’s throat.

Aside from gracefully reflecting on unspeakable social atrocitieds in way that felt both immediate and universal, "Karma" also contained flashes of Quentin Tarantino swagger as Pam and Eric struck a deal with a Yakuza cowboy, and we learned that Sarah Newlin of all people is the antidote to Hep-V.

I am really just so grateful there’s a magic potion (Sarah Newlin’s blood) in play to possibly save some of our favorites. I’ve been so brainwashed into thinking of Sookie’s blood as a panacea that the discovery she’d infected Bill (well done to the commenters who called this two weeks ago) was shattering.

But it's Sarah Newlin who takes the title of MVB (most valuable blood) for this season. Her speech and explanation of her name (Numi = "new me"?!) to her sister was... perfect. It was absolutely perfect. I don’t know how every week her character gets even more hilariously awful just by opening her mouth—honestly, the writers top her dialogue every week in four lines or less—but then her dizzying spiral from ridiculous to compelling when she revealed she was the antidote was, well, it was just extraordinary. I got chills. And then to see Eric poised to be the first one to know about the cure was just a tide of good endorphins, and then the guy who synthesized TruBlood was expecting her body by morning, no doubt he’ll figure out that by synthesizing her blood and selling it as the antidote he can recoup his fortunes, and I'm sure his factory is just WAITING to roll out the bottles!! AAAAAGH!! Possible happy ending?! I can almost taste it. 

Now here’s the huge question mark: What the hell is Ghost Tara up to?

I’m glad True Blood isn't leaving us without revisiting Tara running through the trees in a streaming white gown like a woman on the cover of a Gothic romance, but how is this going to pay off in the next few episodes? What could she have buried in the lawn of her childhood home, and how in hell will Lettie Mae be able to use it effectively? I don’t have a clue, but I’m glad Lettie Mae was joined by Lafayette in her scenes this week. She could use the levity. 

Also Andy and Holly’s kids are straight-up boning! Considering Adilyn’s about two years old, I can see why Andy is concerned. As for Wade, well, I imagine he somehow looked up Cousin Cousine online. Now they’re in Violet’s clutches I’m guessing proud protectoress Jessica will be forced to come to Adilyn’s defense and hopefully rid Jason of his crazy ex once and for all. 

QUESTIONS:

... Are you disappointed that Sookie’s fairy blood didn’t come through to defeat Hep-V?

... Does this mean Eric is going to be okay?!?!?!

... What is Violet cooking up? Do you feel bad for her? Scared of her? Indifferent?

... Is this final season so good it hurts?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/24/2014

Season 7 : Episode 10

261 Comments
Comments (261)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I think Sarah's vampire sister already drank her down.
We saw her cured, we didn't see Sarah after that.
Flag
This is not a fairy tale so lets not have a fairy tale ending, and that's not a pun on not having Sookie's blood be the cure. Do you really want all the heroes walking away in the moon light and then spend the rest of your lives wishing they'd do just one more season, make a movie or would you rather they end it with a original,memorable blood sucking bang of an ending that goes against most typical show endings and leave you thinking wooo, damn that was great
Flag
Still not convinced. If I was being chased by the entire Vamp community I'd tell someone my blood was the cure. Maybe even engineer it so it appears to be a cure at first. Or even better it is a cure with a deadly side affect such as those who use her blood start to age.
Flag
Found it hilarious that the two teenagers would release their death grip on their mobile phones and throw them on the ground - even if it was for 2 seconds just to bonk!
Flag
I am having a little trouble feeling good about the whole BIll killing that lawyer thing, let me explain:

While I do understand the obvious metaphor to the AIDS crisis, I still couldn't help but place myself in the specific reality they established, and that was this Lawyer woman, who bill GOOGLED and called up out of the blue (seriously, I would think King Bill would have better legal council? Or has that system been completely disbanded now that the authority is gone?), and then went and waited for ~7-8 hours wasn't as tip top as he had hoped? Think about it, this woman has been working around the clock counseling dying vampires, some of whom are fresh/young and are probably dying EARLIER than if they hadn't even been turned in the first place. Then there are the older ones, who are probably entitled and upset about what is happening to them and likely getting abrasive as well given they now have to wait behind post men in a waiting room after years of being on top of the food chain.

How would YOU feel if, as a lawyer, you were dropped into that situation, clinging to whatever caffeine you have to just stay awake as people who were previously immortal (and before this crippling issue happened likely looked down on you and thought of you as food to sustain them for millennia) lament about what they're losing. If you were good hearted it would be enough to break you, but even aside from that, wouldn't YOU be a little fed up by the time you were dealing with #264? I noticed that while she had a vampire guard, she herself was human and not exactly taking breaks or sleeping..

If not for her dehumanizing attempt at extorting Bill, I would have not felt good at all about him deciding to flat out murder her where she stood (sat), how much does THAT have to suck after you basically have been on no sleep for days watching people slowly die and complain in front of you? It may have been her death knell, but some of the things she yelled at Bill about the gravy train for vampires being over kind of resonated (in a way it wouldn't really if it was the 80's during the AIDS crisis anyway).

And really, aside from the fancy new stuff and remodel he got from being king (and got to keep too), why HASN'T he amassed more in his time on earth? If the Highlander could figure it out, so should Bill! Instead he went from that slick Beamer her had early on in the show, to some gaudy Chevrolet SUV. Definitely a downgrade bill! Maybe if he had a competent lawyer/financier handling his business in the first place (which seems doable even BEFORE the mainstreaming, to be honest) he would have been in less dire straits right now.
More+
Flag
To Bills credit he was amazingly patient and curteous until he lost his temper completely (and really, when haven't we wanted to stab a drab but probably undeserving beurocrat in the neck with a pencil? I've been to the DMV...).
Flag
He lost his temper because she didn't bend over backwards to accomodate him. She didn't treat him like royalty, treatment he expected both as being a vampire and as such superior to mere human and one of VIP vampires and as such should skip the line before other, lower vampires.

And yes, she tried to get a bribe for preferential treatment. But how many times did vampires, Bill included, glamour people to do something they otherwise wouldn't? At least Bill had an option to say no, glamoured people don't.

Not to mention she wasn't only lawyer around. Once he learned about waiting time on the phone before he even showed up at her office he could have easily called another lawyer.

No, Bill's reaction was pretty standard for vampires on this show. they expect and demand special treatment, when they don't get it they get angry and then it's either glamour, threats or actual violence.

And it's not as if he showed any remorse after.
Flag
weeeee!! Eric's gonna live!! everything is right with the world!

Flag
Unless Sarah's sister already drank all of her.
Flag
dude! you're raining on my parade!

I think not. they wouldn't introduce a cure if it's not going to be used to cure more than one person..
Flag
Of course they wouldn't, that would be ridiculous.
I just found it curious that we didn't see Sarah after she told her sister about the cure.
Flag
well, that was on purpose! gonna watch the last one now, see what happened next!
#addict
Flag
Well i was one who really believed that sookie's blood was a cure and here goes true blood tripping me up and having her blood kill bill????? DAMN YOU TRUE BLOOD!!!!! And who seen numi as being the savior, i sure in the hell didnt!!! And i was wondering why this season was so good and than tara came back in and it was ok, please no more tara. If i want to see some with the vocabulary of a fence post walk around and use the f word, i will go watch dexter's sister talk for 10 minutes!!!
Flag
One thing that comes to mind and that is of interest to me, is that the whole Tara scene means that there can be life after "true death" for vampires. It also could mean that Eric really was seeing Godric in the previous seasons, when he came to convince him not to follow Lilith.
Flag
What I like the most is the thought...Godric ultimately did see God, not only in Sookie's tears but in the hereafter too.

Jessica is not a monster, Bill is not beyond salvation, he can still be reunited with Caroline & the kids, just like Tara is trying to do with her mom & Lafayette.
Flag
Didn't know there was rule that either Eric or Bill could be a hero not both until I read the comment section.....Can't Bill and Eric both be heroes, they've both done heroic things and they've both did horrendous stuff. Liked them both in this eppy, glad to have season one Bill back.
Flag
I see Bill as the damsel, to be honest: he's been in distress since season 1 until Sookie and everyone she's been involved with, including Eric, saved him.

Eric has always been the hero to me: the son trying to find his father (Godric), the father trying to do right by his daughter (Pam, and later on Willa), brother trying to avenge his family (viking and vampire family), the lover that stays true to his beloved (Sookie) and so on.

Bill's arc is not done until I'm sure he has been saved, really saved. Just like Eric's arc until I'm sure he's realized how accomplished he really is.
Flag
Good on lawyer to call Bill on his BS. "Oh, us poor vampires. We face legal obstacles because we are not human." Considering all the advantages they have playing the poor, persecuted minority is idiotic.

Of course he responds in typical vampire fashion, first trying to glamour her (hey, what's a bit of mind control when you are weak persecuted minority?) and when that fails kills her. Of course he'll face zero consequences, same as all other vampires who killed people faced zero consequences.

Jason finally realised Violet is bad for him. Of course he acts in his typical fashion.

Also why isn't that Japanese cowboy pissed at vampires? I mean, it was them who bombed Tru Blood factories in the first place. At that point Hep V was about the only step human government could make to protect humans and blaming Sarah for reacting to vampires basically declaring war on humans is a bit..... odd.

If Hep V is allegory for AIDS what does that make Eric for deliberatly infecting that stewardess with it and then being all casual about it? Even bigger asshole than he was before?

And did Adalind take a big dose of stupid with her dinner? For past few episodes Andy was telling her why it was dangerous for her to be outside at night. And she took notice. And then she goes out at night, in the middle of woods. OK, horny teenagers aren't exactly smartest people around, but seriously......
More+
Flag
Hep V doesn't affect humans negatively at all, does it? Technically she wasn't harmed, except if she had a vamp bf maybe then that situation might suck.
Flag
Except she said she'll lose her job. And even if it's harmless to humans deliberatly effecting them is a dick move, considering it's new thing and may not be harmless in the end.
Flag
I have a feeling that since both Eric and Bill are infected, one will bite it. My bet is on Bill, but not before rekindling things with Sookie. Otherwise, what's the point of all the flashbacks and reminiscing...
Flag
I have no idea how this ends but IMO there is no way bill dies, The fans would take the writers and put them in a real life saw exhibit.
Flag
Poor Violet... she's wayyy too nice to Jason who is acting like a total douche lately.

Sarah Newlin is fantastic as always and I'm so glad they finally gave her some purpose this season.

Glad that Sookie's blood was tainted. She's overrated and annoying.
Flag
Yeah, if violet rips jason's heart out and kicks it i wont be to put off!!!

And as much as i believed it was sookie's blood it is funny to see her have that "why did the writers do this to me" look on her face.
Flag
To be honest i am glad it isnt Sookie that will be the saviour of the vamps, Sarah Newlin gets hotter and funnier every time she appears....she will still die at teh end
Flag
... Are you disappointed that Sookie’s fairy blood didn’t come through to defeat Hep-V?
It's actually refreshing! Now everyone is gonna have to protect Sarah!

... Does this mean Eric is going to be okay?!?!?!
Meh. I guess he will be so frustrated for having to keep Sarah alive...

... What is Violet cooking up? Do you feel bad for her? Scared of her? Indifferent?

NOW she's getting scary!

... Is this final season so good it hurts?

Yep, I'm fairly satisfied. There are still Sam and Nicole that really need to go, but hopefully the main character can join together after Sarah
Flag
I hope eric is ok!!!! And i have always like violet, and wont mind if she kills jason to show that he is being rude.

Yes this final season is great, but for every thing that is holy, leave tara in the ground and shoot her mother!!!! That arc really sucks!!!
Flag
I really like Violet while I disliked Jason more and more each season... still I'm pretty sure she's going to die :(
Yes I've always found Lettie Mae disturbing... but poor Tara, her character was so underused!
Flag
It's official: I can't stop watching this show, it just doesn't happen. I will feel a big relief when the season finale comes.
Flag
Fck Eric, Bill is still my hero. Also how can anyone hate Sarah, she is so cute.
Flag
Yes, Sarah is adorable. and just straight up fun to watch on screen. always loved her character
Flag
I love to hate Sarah: she's despicable! She's just one of those antagonists you can't live without for the show itself wouldn't be the same without her.
Flag
Great episode, I'm glad that there is a cure. Although a bit harsh I still enjoyed Bill stabbing that bitch and then taking out the vamp casually with a pencil. I suppose if I was fast approaching death I wouldn't hold back much either. I read some odd theories on what Sookie's blood will do to Bill. I hope they're wrong though.

i love Pam and Eric.

I'm glad Violet is finally (hopefully) out of Jason's life for good. What a horrible experience having to be with someone because they scare you. Almost sounds like being in an abusive relationship. Anyway I can't stand her and hope she did.

I like Sookie this season. I feel bad for her.

Flag
I am the opposite on violet, Jason had a good thing with her and instead of being a man nd telling her how he felt he lead her on. Sick em V!!!!
Flag
Jason wasn't with Violet because she scared him, he was with Violet because he had the hots for her.

Once he got what he wanted, he just cheated on her like he always does. Problem is: Violet isn't Crystal, Amy, or Jessica. And Jason knew that from the get go.
Flag
Exactly!!!!
Flag
This is definitely one of the better True Blood seasons. Almost back up there with season 1 and 2. That said, my one disagreement with this review - Bill has never been a hero on this show, although they seem to make us want to see him that way at times.
Flag
If it's down to Eric vs Bill vote in True Blood fandom I don't think Bill would even close to 15% of the fans. Eric is love but he is too good for Sookie who is super annoying. Pam is awesome.
Flag
Eric's been more of a hero than Bill. Heck, even Jason.
Flag
"Bill has never been a hero on this show, although they seem to make us want to see him that way at times."

THIS! and THANK YOU!
Flag
You didn't even mention the whole "Mayor of Crazy" rant from Nicole. I don't exactly like her character that much but you have to hand it to her...she nailed it on the head with that rant.
Flag
I am actually surprised it took her that long to figure that one out..
Flag
"Sarah Newlin of all people is the antidote to Hep-V." I vote for most obvius thing to happen in a show this year.
Flag
Actually, the most obvious antidote was Sookie...or Adalind since their blood was special.

I don't know what's more surprising: the Sarah twist or tha fact faes can caught Hep V, just like Sookie did.
Flag
"Guy who synthesized TruBlood was expecting her body by morning, no doubt he’ll figure out that by synthesizing her blood and selling it as the antidote he can recoup his fortunes, and I'm sure his factory is just WAITING to roll out the bottles!! AAAAAGH!! Possible happy ending?! I can almost taste it."

Yup, that's the setup...but I'm not falling for it

"Bill’s storyline in hinting at some of the indignities suffered by the earliest victims of AIDS"

Pure genius! Easily the best scene of the entire series and I'd put near the top of best scenes in recent television history.

And to the 50% of people in the US, 30% Australians, 28% Brits, 14% Canadians and whatever numbers are representative of other in countries (industrialized or otherwise) who in this case would side with the lawyer...you all can go F*** yourself

"What is Violet cooking up? Do you feel bad for her? Scared of her? Indifferent?"

While I was never sure about her furture with Jason before, I liked Violet. And as nervous as I was that something REALLY bad was going to happen when she was seducing Jason...I REALLY like her now. Much like Rebeka from The Vampire Diaries, even though Violet has seen the world many times over, she just wants some love and happiness. And hearing Jason and Jessica and realizing that her old ways of doing things aren't having the desired effect, she made a sincere effort to show appreciation, and dare I say actual love, to the man she's with. How can you not respect her for that?

The whole fairy kidnapping and eventual Jessica showdown on the other hand...well...
More+
Flag
I guess Violet now realized that "in this time" she can do such things... otherwise she would have killed Jessica right away when she eavesdropped her and Jason
Flag
but then her dizzying spiral from ridiculous to compelling when she revealed she was the antidote was, well, it was just extraordinary. I got chills.

In a different show, or in a show that wasn't as generally bad as True Blood is, I might agree. Here, it felt completely unearned, mainly because the story had gotten to this moment in such an absurdly terrible way.
Flag
This season feels like watching the 1st again...so damn good...i cant believe there's only 4 to go!
Flag
I can, I'm ready and I'm already anticipating the end game thanks to Gus Jr. and Sarah Newlin.
Flag
Bill murdered a woman for making him wait. Your hero, ladies and gentlemen!
Flag
Way to overlook how badly she tried to squeeze him
Flag
And he responded by trying to glamour her. Which is far worse.
Flag
She offered to give him fair service, which he found unacceptable. Then she offered to let him pay market rate for preferential treatment,. She was more than generous.
To say nothing of the fact that price gouging and extortion are not justification for murder by any stretch of the imagination. It's not like he was forced to use her services. He was not cornered in anyway. He willfully chose to murder a woman because he didn't like how she did business.
Flag
She was a vulture, reaping from the soon to be dead (well again or for good). I think he did what many of us have fantasied about doing when faced with currupt burocrats in the past.
Flag
It is when you are a vampire! :D We need to understand that for hundreds of years the humans have been nothing but food to them.
Flag
K? So? While that may be true it is irrelevant. Much as we all might wish it were so at times, disliking a person with good reason is no just cause for murder.
Flag
way to overlook his role in all of this. it was he who decided to bomb all the true blood factories. karma.
Flag
The bombing of the true blood factories was not the cause of hep-v,but fair enough. I doubt many people see any of these characters as heroes .If they do they might want to reconsider. Mostly all have had serious lapses in judgement. I still have little sympathy for the lawyer. Pissing off a sick vampire like that was a bad idea.
Flag
Yeah, that's all it was.
Flag
No, that's the situation boiled down to its essence.
Flag
I kinda feel like they have Violet on there just because they need a big bad to fight, she's not very interesting.
Flag
I feel they have Violet here to teach Jason a lesson...and I can't wait to see it happen too
Flag
So once again, Sookie's stupid plan is getting guys she loves killed. I knew the first week she'd be trying to use herself as vamp bait and come up with a stupid plan to do it. But I'm impressed by the body count. Alcide AND Bill? Really? As for Bill's situation, are vamps still allowed to get married? Why not head to a different state that didn't have a stupid governor and marry Jess? Or Sookie and then Sookie can adopt Jess and transfer her all the assets?
Flag
Because the Vampire rights act did not pass in congress? At least that what I uderstood from the lawyer lady
Flag
I thought she said it was because of the governor. And I'm not clear on american government, but doesn't the governor only affect each state?
Flag
I guess that since Bill's property are in that state and since in that state he has not that kind of rights, even if another state had a more progressive legislation, that would not be acknowledged?
Flag
This episode was OK. The link between hep-v and HIV and Aids was a nice touch and it was/is playing very well. Not just the scene with Bill in the lawyer's office but with Sookie and the clinic, and the signs.
I'm afraid to be beaten up virtually but for me, this is the best season of True Blood.
Flag
I'm indifferent to the whole thing going on with Violet and I couldn't care less what she does to Adilyn. I've stopped caring whether these characters live or die, I just want to see how they live or die at this point.
Flag
Still kind of lame. But it is better than the last few episodes. Personally I think Violet is awesome and I hope she gets rid of the rest of the rif raf and maybe a key character here and there.

Thanks to Sam20 for pointing out that I posted under the wrong show.
Flag
I admit, I got a kick of nailing you for that. Surely you wouldn't want Violet to kill beloved Jessica right? Hopefully she at least kills those kids. lol

I vented about the opening scene in my comments way below.
Flag
Yea, sleep deprived, ironically from working on a sleep study.

But to be honest, I wouldn't mind if Jessica got offed as well. But I don't think that will be the case, at least not immediately. Violet seems to go for the blind spots, which is nice.

I do agree with you about the opening scene. And to add to that, how is it that there are so many Yakuza in Texas? And how did they miss their target?

I chalk it up to it just being the last season.
Flag
Mr. Gus did say he was in charge of the North American section of the corporation, so maybe that's why. I don't know. I was wondering more why they would drive those cars that look like they came from those Fast and the Furious movies?

I just hate them (the writers) forcing us to see Pam be that helpless on that scene. Pam wouldn't be caught like that. I hate when shows do that to characters I love. It reminded me of the time Daryl stupidly opened to door to a bunch of walkers on TWD. We know he isn't stupid like the others.

One more thing, what do you think of Sarah being the cure?
Flag
I think it makes sense. She did run the place where scientists created hep-v. I think the writers are using the helpless Pam routine because it's an easy way to stop Eric. It is annoying. They could have gone for a silver net that stopped him at the end of season 4,or the u.v. bullets that were introduced in season 6.
Flag
I was so annoyed seeing Pam caught, AGAIN! same thing as the 80s storyline. ugh.
Flag
An one would expect Mr Gus men to be a bit more prepared to take on vampires as well.
Flag
Yea I had a huge eye roll when the extras from the Fast and Furious drove up. That was just silly.

But I do agree, I don't think Pam would have been taken so easily, some times I think they are just sacrificing a lot in order to get things that they want in. But then that is contrasted with stupidity like the two teens having sex and basically anything involving Sookie at this point. So really, at this point I have no idea how they came up with this crap. But yea it is akin to Daryl and that scene. But that is a bit different because the writers of TWD are just looking for ways to put more zombies in the show, so logic, a desire for self preservation and any semblance of the group learning anything gets tossed.

The whole Sarah cure thing. It felt tacked on. Of course there was a cure, the virus was engineered. But it only residing in Sarah seems kind of forced.
Flag
Each week that goes by, is another week with hilariously amazing Andy/Holly/Arlene scenes! Every line out of their mouths is perfection ("Well, shit happens Holly, you clean it up." "Rocky honey, you know that I love you, you know I do, but I will gut you if you don't tell me where they are.") But I will be sad if Violet kills Adilyn...Andy's had enough loss. But hilarious of him going into full father mode and calling for her by her whole, super long, name.

The fact that Sarah is the cure is just fantastic! It would have been tiresome for Sookie to be the cure so I commend them for being original and having her be the infector instead. Death would be too quick and easy for Sarah, the Yakonomo Corp. hopefully will keep her in a lab where she can spend the rest of her days as a human antidote for sick monsters she's spent the better part of her life trying to exterminate.

It's curious though how quickly the Hep-V is spreading through Bill. Eric's state was advanced, but he's close enough to Sarah for him to be cured with time to spare. Bill, on the otherhand, doesn't look like he has another 24 hours left. Not much time for Sookie to save her man cuz let's face it, she'll end up offing herself if Bill dies cuz of her. It'll probably be one of those last seconds before death rescue.

I'm glad that they gave Lettie Mae some credibility instead of leaving her a raving addict as one final storyline. Lafayette's support will help unearth the mystery of what the hell is up with Tara. Also, when you're not wielding a cleaver and trying to cut/stab vamps for their blood, people will be more open to your ravings.

Kudos to Lily for not even mentioning the only lame/pointless part of the show! Here's hoping they all just disappear without a word, back to wherever the hell she came from!
More+
Flag
Is hepV spreading faster in Bill because it's being fueled by her fae blood??
Flag
I was convinced that would be the reason,but then Bill is also the vampire that drank the blood of Lillith so it could be another little twist.
Flag
hopefully they explained it in the next few eps..
Flag
Staff
thinking the same exact thing.
Flag
That's what I was thinking!
Flag
As this season is much better than previous seasons (although, I've never thought this show was spectacular television; I've always thought part of the charm was that it was so bad.) I've also called nearly every aspect of the season so far, with the exception of Alcide. Did not see that coming (or maybe I just didn't want to). I've been saying that one of two things will happen; there is a cure or this a dream/prophecy. If there's a cure, Sarah Newlin has is, some how (i.e., she knows the formula or something). Sookie will infect Bill and because of her fae blood or because of the Lilith blood, it won't be the same as everyone else. I feel a little cheated because very little has surprised me thus far but I can't imagine what Naill will have to do with anything so I'm looking forward to that surprise.
Flag
Wait, Hold up... Niall appeared?? Did I somehow miss this? Or was it in the trailer for next weeks ep?
Flag
No, no, you didn't miss anything yet. He's coming but he hasn't been there yet...I was thinking though, maybe he isn't there for Sookie, maybe he shows up for Adilyn? IDK. Just throwing thoughts around.
Flag
Ahh gotcha. It's sad how under-utilized Niall has been in the series, in the books he was such a BA, the fairy plot lines altogether were much better in the books.
Flag
Black_heart- the books were great up until the last few when CH went nuts and ruined everything... I haven't had the heart to check out her new series, as I'm afraid she'll weasel her way back into my mind with a great story (LIKE SOOKIE'S) and then tear it down just cuz she can..
Flag
Agree; the books aren't literary legacy but at least they kind of took a theme and really explored it. I was bummed by a lot of the miss steps of the series but I really find it's charm in how bad everything is.
Flag
I think it was in the trailer that they showed at ComicCon, it was showing what would happen in the final 5 episodes.
Flag
Yeah Eric will be fine!!!! He'd better be!!!!
But why does the disease spread so quickly on Bill????
Flag
I reckon it's because he was infected via Fairy blood.
Flag
Yeah, that's what I though too. Right now though I'm more worried that Bill won't get the cure rather than Eric.
Flag
One thing I was hoping we might see with the Jason-Violet storyline, would be her physically responding to Jason's betrayal. I think there was a very interesting opportunity to explore a gender swap, in having the female be in complete physical control of the male, and have him fear for his life, and have no way to stop her. I think it could have been very interesting to explore something that most (if not all men) have never felt, and that is being actually afraid of their female SO. If she wanted to beat him, he couldn't stop her. If she wanted to kill him, he couldn't stop her. And for male viewers to see that from Jason's point of view, and perhaps come to understand a bit of women who suffer abuse feel, that could have really been a very interesting exploration and commentary.

Sadly, none of that was to be, and instead Violet just left, and is now kidnapping the kids, for some reason, I guess?
Flag
Arguably Jason has already been rendered completely helpless by a woman, remember Crystal? Of course she had crazy Felton and the rest of Hotshot behind her but still, Jason was tied up, beaten, and raped. I personally don't need to see that again. I'm sure some type of confrontation between Vi and Jason is inevitable now that she's taken Adilyn n Wade.
Flag
If you want to see that, rent "My Super Ex Girlfriend"

It starts out nice enough... seeing a superhero deal with the dating world and such and the benefits (and issues) near-Kryptonian powers bring to the table.

It quickly devolves into something dark. She threatens him, terrorizes him, hurts him, and even at one point burns a message into his forehead with her laser eyes.

And yet the women in the theater were laughing it up during the forehead scene. But if it was a male doing that to a female character, women would have hunted down and hanged the makers of that film.
Flag
Where are all those people that were saying this was the worst most ridiculous season ever now ?!?! This is the best season this show has had in YEARS!!! Another great episode tonight, first time since season 4 that i really get anxious to see the next episode. Yayyyyy
Flag
It has it's good bits and bad bits just like every other season. Thankfully enough good to keep it interesting,and enough twists and turns to keep surprising.
Flag
Bill as our hero? LOL! Sure if we forget the brainwashing he did of Sookie in the first two seasons, the terrible things he did in the other seasons and especially as Lilith. Please. Bill is a whiny, immature brat who killed a woman because he couldn't control her.
Flag
Things only went caca when he started hanging out with the Authority and eating their bulls**t. Then when he tasted Lilith's blood it went apes**t.

Prior to that, he DID do some jerk things. Like his whole relationship with Sookie started on the foundation of a lie: he was sent there by the local Queen to investigate her. But he apparently fell for her.

But... they are trying to retcon all of that away. "Apparently" by replacing 99% of his blood he's no longer the same Bill.. even compared to when they first met.
Flag
You mean same as as Sarah? :)
Flag
Sarah is just crazy; she buys up whatever belief system she feels like it and goes at it 110%. Before, Christianity was the ONLY way... now everyone is a Budha. Eventually she'll probably become a major Scientologist. So her behaviour right now isn't that out-of-character, it's just channeling it in a slight tangent.

With Bill, it seems like the writers are trying to retcon his behaviour to say "I'm all better now thanks to a massive blood transfusion.... because VAMPIRE"
Flag
To me that was just a classic 'I'm different now,I've changed' line people will use to try and get someone back. The way I see it he never stopped wanting her in spite of what he might have said.
Flag
Staff
That to me is a little disturbing because, well, who the fuck is he?
Also humans replace all their body cells all the time, our bodies are constantly dying and regenerating on a cellular level. Everything that is, except your brain cells. So I'd say new blood means nothing. Same brain, same Bill.
Flag
Yeh, that really bothered me. It doesn't really make any sense from any standpoint. That would make the old motto "you are what you eat" a bit too literal for vampires.

So the "how" is kind of messed up.

And the effect is odd... if he isn't the original S1 Bill then who is he? Some new personality with his memories? Some combination of Jessica and her boyfriend since they topped off his tank?

All in all, they're just trying to retcon his jerk nature to explain him and Sookie being a possibility again.
Flag
What the heck, no captioned photos? Only 7 photos in the review? WHERE IS LILY?? What have they done with her? Assemble the search party now; a woman is missing! Who can read reviews at a time like this????
Flag
A somewhat depressing episode, but yes, it's a good show again. Who would've thought.
Flag
Sarah's lines were really the best part of this episode!!
This season is getting better and better, I'm really hoping for a happy ending.
The only thing I can't stand anymore is crazy Violet.
Flag
Violet has always been crazy, she's just a different kind of insecure and scorned crazy now all too typical of what you see in modern girls she seemed to previously despise.
Flag
i feel that the scene where she messed up the house is kinda redundant. I would have preferred her plotting the 'revenge' quietly.. she has been pretty cool headed since the start of this season..
Flag
Except when she nearly killed Sookie for saying "hello" to Jason... thinking she was one of Jason's old skanks.

But other than that, she has been a quiet crazy. At most giving someone the stink-eye.
Flag
yup but that was last season. Shes been quite cool headed this season.
Flag
Agreed. From her first introductions with Jason we saw the crazy chick inside.

And then the super possessive Violet that almost ripped Sookie's throat open just for saying "Hi" to Jason outside Bill's place. Then when they convinced her she was related, she acted nice.

I DID give her some props last season though. She was super monogamous and was making Jason work for getting reciprocation. Honestly, that was something Jason needed since he was used to wham-bam-thankyou-mam on every first date.

But she quickly went cray cray
Flag
I know, I just meant I find her character really annoying and she's just getting worse...
Flag
I've found her insufferable from the second she appeared.
Flag
Oh, absolutely.
Flag
This season has eliminated everything that I previously hated about the show, i.e. all the pointless, irritating storylines that no one cared about but inexplicably dragged on for entire seasons. No more boring werewolf pack drama, no more boring vampire politics, and no more totally random side arcs that never came to a meaningful conclusion or had any relevance to the main arc. And most importantly, no more fairy bullshit.

Season seven has made unlikeable characters likable again and gotten rid of the ones that were never going to be interesting. Just my opinion, but I think True Blood has gone from unwatchable (season 5 anyone?) to must-see-TV, and I'm sad that it's going to be over.
Flag
I have the same assessment to the past seasons but I don't see this season solving these problems I'm afraid. There's still too much side-stories (and flashbacks....) that have no need and most important, I don't see a season arc that's worthy of a series' final season.
Flag
I honestly hope never to see Tara again as this is a random arc that i dont care about
Flag
That was my hope when she met the true death but damn it if they don't just keep beating that dead horse.
Flag
I hate to wet the paper for you but we are sure to have at least a little bit more fairy B.S. in our future. Naill is definetly coming back.
Flag
I'm looking forward to the end. Is this season better? Maybe. It doesn't matter to me anymore since I've long written the show off. At the same time, since I have too much invested I will watch it through. I'm fairly certain I will be very happy when this show finally meets the 'true death'.
Flag
Ugh, season 5. And yes, I've been hoping they would cut out the useless endlessly-multiplying storylines forever.
Flag
Not to downplay the obvious metaphorical issues Bill was facing while dying of an analog to AIDS since the parallels were numerous...

But question -- since Bill was obviously running INCREDIBLY short on time and the lawyer was pointing out vamp-to-vamp inheritance roadblocks... why not ask about leaving his stuff to Sookie (a living person) and asking her to just give it to Jessica as time permits?

Or... just flat-out give all of his stuff to Sookie when he gets home and ask her to somehow give it to Jessica once she has the time to fill out the correct paperwork.

I doubt Sookie would mind that much... she's cool with Jessica and seemed to at least not hate Bill anymore. Considering his situation, she would probably be cool with it.
Flag
I don't think the problem was passing the estate off to Sookie as it was more likely an issue of him being dead when the will was drafted, negating any legal standing he may have had. Technically, it sounds like his property and possessions could be seized at an moment as no living individual is listed as the owner or beneficiary.
Flag
I thought the whole things was he was dead and couldn't give it to anyone?
Flag
She said there was a way: by legally adopting Jessica. Dead guy adopting dead girl.

So if that was possible, then simply leaving it (or giving it) to Sookie should be legal as well.
Flag
I got that, hence my second suggestion: just giving Sookie everything.

Set aside 50% or whatever for tax purposes... give the rest to Jessica. Use that 50% to pay taxes for this fiscal year and next. Then Jessica deal with stuff.

Then either just give Jessica the stuff, or she just keeps an account open that Jessica can use.
Flag
The point he was trying to make is that Bill was legally dead when his will was originally drafted. Since that has not changed, he cannot will anything to anyone.
Flag
I am so satisfied with the final season so far. Some previous seasons I have strongly disliked but the fact that I am so hooked on this season is a testament to how good this season is. I'm crossing my fingers for a good and happy end.
Flag
Eric, Pam, Sarah and the Japanese cowboy were awesome. The rest was meowwww.
At this point what I like most about Sookie's or Bill's scenes is fast forwarding them.
Flag
Pretty much how I feel too, though I actually kind of liked Bill killing that lawyer lady.
Flag
I only pay attention if Jessica is around. That girl could be watching paint dry, and I would watch her watching it!
Flag
The Japanese cowboy is the best character that has ever been on this show.
Flag
I was fine with the episode, I'm just left dreading the "a cure is available, but they don't know it exists, and then it'll go down to the last second" storyline that's coming with Bill. I really hope they don't do that. It's amazingly cliché. Get it over with, or kill him off.
Flag
I'll be happier if they address why he's dying at a much more accelerated pace, especially if it means he either has to drink Sarah whole, or die to let others have at her blood.
Flag
it was a good episode, one of the better ones in a while. Also, nice review, Lily. I take issue with one thing though: your misuse of the word bureaucrat. A bureacrat is someone who is an official in a government department. And as much as your analogy rings true in how little compassion AIDS victims must have faced from the bureaucracy, this is not what happened here. This was an entrepeneur, a lawyer who opened her own law practice and is abusing the misfortune of these Hep-V-victims. Rightfully called out by Bill as a vulture.That's also why this is not an institution, but an organization/company.
Flag
I maintain Lily didn't actually write this. The photos aren't captioned and my usual warm-tingly feeling didn't engage while reading.
Flag
Can Violet die next episode? Please!
Flag
And was it just me, or was seeing her in lingerie way more disappointing than you ever thought possible?
Flag
I'm a straight female, but I don't find her that pretty. She's not likable (it's not all about the outside kiddos)! I probably hate her too because of the whole "Jason is mine" crap. =)
Flag
I think that was just you. Girl is batshit but shes hot as hellll.
Flag
I think her face is pretty nice, but her body is pretty unremarkable.
Flag
I am starting to get curious what Tara wants to tell her mom. Lemme get sum of that V to see it..
Flag
It was okay? It sort of felt like we reached the top of the hill of the season and now we are going to be rushing toward the end. I don't know, I like it well enough, I'm just not as invested in it as I once was.
Flag
Say it aint so, the bobble head doll is the saviour? Noooooo!
Flag
This just means we have to wait even longer for them to kill her now :(
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members