A True Blood Community
HBO (ended 2014)

With True Blood preparing to swan dive into a pool of holy water as it nears its end, it looks like the show is going all out for its final season. HBO released the first trailer for Season 7 during last night's Game of Thrones broadcast, and it includes ill vampires, ruminations of a forthcoming apocalypse, and FEMA forgetting about Louisiana all over again. 

If you're going to go out with a bang, turning vampires into rampaging, diseased freaks isn't a bad way to go. But without even one glimpse of a shirtless Joe Manganiello, I'm worried True Blood may be losing its tough. 

Now that you've got your first glimpse of the final season, are you excited for it?

True Blood Season 7 premieres Thursday, June 22 at 9pm on HBO.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/24/2014

Season 7 : Episode 10

56 Comments
Comments (56)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I don't know why they're trying to make it seem like the hep v vampires are zombies... they aren't.. at least not in the typical sense of the word... the show runner already did an interview a lil while back and said that they're not zombies, just that they're sick and dying desperate vampires that need to consume more blood then the average vamp to try and stave off the sickness. They will eventually succumb to the the virus no matter what but they can slow the progression of the illness by drinking tons of blood (like 10 times as much as vamps normally need to subsist.)
I'm wondering if its gunna turn out that the hep v virus mutates and starts killing humans too..that's prb the only way im gunna like this storyline..
Flag
Ugh! Was the point of that trailer to make me not want to watch this season so I wont feel bad that the show is ending afterwards?
Flag
Glad it's on the outs - it jumped the shark so much since s3, that even the shark is suffering from PTSD and needs counselling.
Flag
Last season was a vast improvement on the two that proceeded it, so I'm hoping the series can go out with a high. The trailer makes it looks like they've really raised the stakes for the final season, so I'm eagerly anticipating it, but I'm also glad that this will be the final season.
Flag
i never liked sookie and bill since episode 1 could have thrown them in niagara and i will not care i watched the show because of eric and pam they are awesome glad this trainwreck is on its final season
Flag
the writers must have been watching too much of "The Walking Dead" ... while on crack ...

what the hell is this crap?!?!!?
Flag
I am so over True Blood. But still, I'll watch it.
Not so excited about it. More annoyed at myself because I know I end up watching every episode.
Despite the significant decline in entertainment value, sometimes you just have to see a train wreck all the way through to the end.
Flag
I can't even think about this or comment, Game of Thrones is still going strong. Only once the season is over can I attempt to give a crap about True Blood once more.
Flag
The first two season are good, then downhill from there. But i have faith in the last season, because they don't need to set up anything for later seasons, so they can focus on the main story.
I hope it will be a redemption story for the series, unlike Dexter or How I Met You Mother.
Flag
Just because vampires and zombies are vary popular nowadays it does not mean we should merge the two. What's next? Zombie witches, zombie detectives, or perhaps a a new sitcom about a zombie moving in with its parents after getting a divorce.
Flag
I am not impressed, one would have thought they would have run away like hell from the zombie fad.
Flag
Fine, this trailer looks pretty cool. I'll begrudgingly watch the last season of True Blood. Just like I've begrudgingly watched all the others.
Flag
meh. its not as good as it used to be.
Flag
It used to be good seasons and seasons ago. At least now they're trying again, I feel.
Flag
"That government would leave us for dead" WTF? "The Government" has tried to defeat vampires and you lot sided with vampires and screwed that up. So now deal with it.

Seriously, humans on this show have been worshiping vampires since first ep and everybody who opposed them was painted as crazy, evil or both. And now that vampires have started killing people in larger numbers everybody is "oh no, how can this be happening?". Seriously, vampires have been killing people since the start and only now do people see problem with it?

This show has gone off the edge in 3rd season and everytime I thought it had hit rock bottom it became clear it had only hit a ledge, bounced back in the air and started falling down again. In the end I was watching it only to see what kind of idiotic plotlines will come up next.
Flag
This show has gone off the edge in 3rd season and everytime I thought it had hit rock bottom it became clear it had only hit a ledge, bounced back in the air and started falling down again.
So, so true. It's hard to believe that season 5 (rock bottom for me) and season 1 were the same show.
Flag
The trailer looks decent but im glad this show is ending. It hit its stride a long time ago.
Flag
Exactly in season 3.
Flag
Hope they won't turn it into Walking Dead or anything survivalist. But last season they managed to bring some of the glory back (or at least fix some of the terrible mistakes of seasons 3-5). I appreciate that effort and I'm curious how they'll finish the run.
Flag
I guess it looks alright. It's the final season so I am gonna watch it but this trailer didn't leave me all that enthusiastic. At this point I just want to see what will become of these characters I have been watching for the last 6 years. I know some characters are about to bite the dust so I guess I just want to see who will make it out in the end.
Flag
I mean its the final season I'll be watching regardless. I mean it can't be worse than season 5 and the trailer looks intriguing enough. This isn't Fringe or hell even Buffy. True Blood has had nothing to build up to besides revealing Sookie's species, which ultimately went nowhere. When the final season was announced I was wishing there was a season 8, but now that ive had the time to think it over... I think its time. It was good summer TV though, which is what I think I'll miss most: the sunday night summer routine.
Flag
Why did they even introduce the fairies if they were all gonna die? Like I get that its apart of Sookie but the writers in the show made it really silly and unnecessary... kinda like they did with the werewolves. I've never seen fairies incorporated into a vampire story ( dont remember if Buffy had any) but TB could've been great if they execudted it better.
Flag
Meh...
Looks stupid and Sookie is still all about Sookie. Pass.
Flag
I kind of got a Walking Dead vibe watching this.
Flag
Zombie Vamps? I have a feeling we are going to long for were panthers. I wasn't sure this show could get dumber than that. But this might do it.
Flag
Ahaha, werepanthers. One of the great moments of TB.
Flag
Really Mate? You didn't seem to mind the zombie vamps back when the finale aired, but at the time, we were calling infected or sick vampires.
Flag
It all depends on how they write it. Werepanthers could have maybe been a good idea until they wrote it and then it was just a huge mess. And I think I said the sick vampires were way better than the Vampire Flu from Being Human. At this point though, I think I am only there for Deborah Ann Woll as Jessica.
Flag
That makes sense. The girls are in it for Eric, and the guys are in it for Jessica. I hope Skarsgard and Woll get better things to do after this. They are both talented enough to carry a show on their own, but I hope they can make it in the movies.
Flag
Depends on whether Eric is in this season or not. If he's a goner - I'm not watching.
Flag
It's been confirmed that he'll be back.
Flag
I'm honestly feeling only slightly more excited about this as I am about Glee (which Agent of...whatever is probably going to win). It does look like the show might be taking a page out of the final endgame of Buffy in lets just destroy the town. I actually gave up the books two from the end and from what I understand that was a good decision. But for just craziness on a Sunday night in the summer...sure.
Flag
Well the show has no connection to the books at this stage, except for the characters names. You were right to give up on the books, the ending was just horrendously awful.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    People's List
    NEW
    ABC
  • 9:00 pm
    20/20: In an Instant Murder in the Maternity Ward
    NEW
    ABC