A True Blood Community
HBO (ended 2014)
If there's one thing that sets True Blood apart from any other show in the genre is it's unique spin on progeny.

No longer the eternal mate the Twillight saga defined them as yet not quite the little monsters that Buffy & Angel established as, the progeny on True Blood became the fathers, sons and brothers Godric created, the unwanted babies that Jessica was to Bill, or the offsprings that made them proud of, like Pam is to Eric.

As the ultimate single parents, vampires make their progeny with the hope to leave something behind after the true death, each one a legacy they can't bear to lose for there is no connection quite like a progeny and its maker on True Blood.

*ETA: Godric's goodbye scene (for there's no scene that shows just how unique the maker-progeny bond really is. Goodbye Godric, goodbye show)

poll

Comments (13)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Pam best progeny.
Jessica hottest progeny, fo sho.
Flag
Jessica and also Willa is pretty awesome, considering her background and stuff. She turned out to be a pretty awesome vampire as well.
Flag
Willa did great all things considering!

I'm glad she made it out of it alive.
Flag
Jessica even though I feel Pam kinda stands in a class of her own.
Flag
Jessica Hamby.

Pam doesn't know if is she's Eric's mother, girlfriend, progeny or sister.
Flag
She's all of those things. Much like her maker was to Godric. Much like Tara was to Pam herself.
Flag
I thought Eric and Godric had a straightforward father son relationship, Godric being the father figure. At least it was much simpler than Pam's. Pam and Eric's relationship is all over the place.
Flag
At first Eric searched for him as if Godric was his son, they found one another as if Eric was the son and Godric the father, they argued like only adult brothers do, and then he died, and Eric was a 5 year old begging to go with his father.

Tara was a clear gradchild to Eric, but Pam's relationship with him has alwayas been as complex, if not more, as Eric and Godric's was.
Flag
Jessica. Pam is clearly femme fatale iconic but she always seem like Eric's mother instead of his "child". :)
Flag
True. Then again, Eric always looked like Godric's father instead of his child.

Northmans always turned people older than them until Willa.
Flag
Pam, no doubt. I do like Jessica better when she is being Bill's progeny instead of being someone else's girlfriend.
Flag
I nearly voted for Pam but ultimately Jessica got my vote. The fact that she had to fight to win her place as Bill's progeny because she was a "mistake" just makes her current standing all the more impressive. Pam is awesome, but she was actively wanted by her mentor and she's had several lifetimes to become this awesome, whilst Jessica has only had a few years.
I can't really see anyone challenging those two for the crown and I suspect Eric will be a comfortable third.
Good poll.
Flag
I've always saw Jessica as the unwanted child, but Tara was the progeny I thought that fought the most to win her place not to only by Pam's side but also by Eric's.

It's funny how, despite everything she had been through as a Northam - going up against The Authority, destroying an extermination camp alongside her maker & grandmaker, defending the town against Hep-V vampires - the final season managed to make me see Tara as human all over again.

In the end, she died as Lettie Mae's child, she faded away as Lafayette's cousin, we said goodbye to the woman that she was rather than the vampire that raised Willa or won her place amongst Pam & Eric.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members