A True Blood Community
HBO (ended 2014)
If someone would've told me back on season 2 that Sarah Newlin would become one of the greatest villains of the final season, I would've laughed so hard! Yet here we are and she's still standing, adding the perfect mix of bigotry and comic timing no other foe, human or supernatural, could bring to the table.

She's not the only one, for Mr. Gus Jr., Maxine Fortenberry, Sheriff Dearbone, Marnie and Rene proved to be as dangerous as Violet, King Russell, Debbie Pelt, Warlow or Maryann so far. Here's a poll to honor those that inflicted the most damage, the ones that harmed human and supernatural alike, the ones that would never stop unless they were stopped.

So cast your vote and hit the comments! After all is said and done: Who deserves to be the Ultimate Villain of True Blood?

poll

Comments (12)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Wow. This kind of explains a lot. Russell Edgington is the only one I would even consider to be the best 'Villian', with Maryann a distant second because Michelle Forbes is awesome and was awesome in that part. 'Sarah' and 'Steve' always just seemed comic relief.
Flag
Marnie & Mr Gus were more threatening!
Flag
Russel was the only one that was fleshed out enough, the rest weren't much more than side notes. And Sarah was the comic relief, not a villain in any way shape or form.
Flag
I agree about Russell, in season 3. In season 5, he devolved into a side note. I liked most of the vampire villains from the first three seasons, particularly Franklin Mott, the most batshit crazy vampire on this show.
Flag
Actually I think we are missing the greatest villains of all. The writers.
Flag
You're right. The yakuza weren't silvering Pam by themselves, they were getting help from the invisible to the naked eye logic defying group known as "the writers." They don't just try to give the audience the illusion that a strong character is weak, they can get into character's heads, and make them beyond stupid. They've been around since the beginning, but they didn't make their full presence known until the fourth season. In addition to the yakuza, Eric and Pam should have killed these guys as well. Or at least chain them up and make them lifetime blood bags.
Flag
There is no way I would pick any other villain on that show to be bigger than Russell
Flag
Pretty sure the TRUE villain of this series was Jessica Hamby. The amount of blue balls that monstrosity created makes 2,000 years of depraved sadism by Russell seem tame by comparison. Say what you will about his evening news reporting, but he at least doesn't cause viewers physical pain from his villainy!
Flag
I vote for the writers
Flag
Maybe its just the limited number of entries on the list, but this really makes me consider True Blood didn't have a very good collection of villains. Of course, most characters weren't really villains so much as just egomaniacs who weren't really evil so long as they kept getting what they wanted.
Flag
I only considered those that truly meant to cause harm: Franklin Mott was vicious but he only wanted to be with Tara, Debbie Pelt was mad but she only craved V, Rev. Newlin was closeted more than anything else, Violet only wanted to teach Jason a lesson, Queen Sophie Ann just wanted a fae and so on.

The ones on the poll : Warlow, Rene, Rusell, etc. would never stop unless they were stopped.
Flag
Exactly, not too many actual "villains" during the entire show, just a bit of crazy with a little too much power to back it up, but not really villainy like Warlow or Russell. And by comparison to those two, even Rene seems like a bit of a joke.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members