True Blood Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on HBOIn Season

4.01 "She's Not There," Official Discussion, *spoilers*

amaryllis88

[1]Jun 23, 2011
    • level: 20

Welcome to the fourth season of True Blood !! This episode airs Sunday, June 26, at 9 pm Eastern / 8 pm Central on HBO.

"Sookie distances herself from Bon Temps leaving Eric and Bill to try their charms on the human public. Sam bonds with other shifters, while Hoyt and Jessica argue about dinner. Lafayette is urged by Jesus to join a coven. Terry tries to dispel Arlene's distressing emotions about impending evil."

Please only discuss this episode in this thread, and NO BOOK SPOILERS!!!

This episode was written by Alexander Woo and directed by Michael Lehmann.

Discuss & Enjoy!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Arno_00

[2]Jun 26, 2011
    • level: 7
    Very fresh episode, sooo much of a new stuff, but such a good stuff, well-deserve 9 out of 10, can't wait for what's ahead of us, the season's shaping great after all, and it was just a warm-up, I mean, there were a lot of characters and new storylines introduced, not a jam-packed episode, so we'll have to wait till next Sunday, till then guys!
    I may write more on it later.

KamakaLo

[3]Jun 26, 2011
    • level: 22
    I know a lot of people have complained about the premiere but I liked it. Good episode although I do wish Eric/Sam were on more...

CortezDC

[4]Jun 26, 2011
    • level: 3

I think the premiere offered a refreshing start. At the end of Season Three, people were complaining that they didn't really care for the storylines and where they left off, so I think it was better that we went a year ahead. To me it was sorta like the first episode. We're being reintroduced to the characters and we see how they've changed over the past 12 months. The other three seasons ran consecutively and it felt like they were mashed together and that the characters weren't given much room to breathe before they were tossed into a new situation. Now, we're a year in the future and everything is starting fresh and new. Yeah, the episode moved a little slower and lacked momentum compared to the finale and the rest of season three but that's because they were filling us in on what the characters have been through. Think of the first season, they had to introduce us to new characters, but once they did, it immediately picked up momentum. I see the same thing happening here. Loved the episode xD.

kok_warlock

[5]Jun 27, 2011
    • level: 11

What episodes did you guys watch??

Considering all the hype this episode had, it was a pretty damn average episode, not bad by all means, but very uneventful, not to mention predictable, specially with Eric buying the house.

I was left quite disappointed by it, I can't even say it was a setup episode, it was mostly showing what everybody was doing and what they become while Sookie was away.

I just arrived, and I had True Bloods recorded, so I just finished watching, and well, it was definitely not worth being awake to watch this.

PS: Bill Compton king of Lousianna? Laughable...

CortezDC

[6]Jun 27, 2011
    kok_warlock wrote:

What episodes did you guys watch??

Considering all the hype this episode had, it was a pretty damn average episode, not bad by all means, but very uneventful, not to mention predictable, specially with Eric buying the house.

I was left quite disappointed by it, I can't even say it was a setup episode, it was mostly showing what everybody was doing and what they become while Sookie was away.

I just arrived, and I had True Bloods recorded, so I just finished watching, and well, it was definitely not worth being awake to watch this.

PS: Bill Compton king of Lousianna? Laughable...

No offense, and I'm not trying to argue, but just because you found the episode average, doesn't mean we did. If you would have stated your opinion without saying, "What show were you guys watching?" it would have been better. But so far, people are saying that the episode got off to a better start than they thought it would. A lot of people weren't satisfied by season three, so they thought season four was going to be bad as well. I think everyone else is relieved that this episode is at least getting True Blood back on track. I really liked the episode though, and at the end I guess it does make since that Eric owned Sookie's house. Also, why do people find it funny that Bill's the King of Louisiana. I'm not trying to be rude, I really want to know. I thought it was interesting.

KamakaLo

[7]Jun 27, 2011
    Maybe you should go watch the 2nd episode now? imo it was even better.

CortezDC

[8]Jun 27, 2011
    KamakaLo wrote:

lol i just did and it was better

DimitraScofield

[9]Jun 27, 2011
    • level: 10

I have to say I loved the first episode.. And I liked the story plot with Sookie gone missing because I want to know how the lives went on all this time.. Also now that Bill is the king does that mean that Eric is below him and takes orders from him?? That sucks for his ego..

Adokensan

[10]Jun 27, 2011
    • level: 10

Where can I watch the second episode? Smile

spikemaniac

[11]Jun 27, 2011
    • level: 50
    Adokensan wrote:

Where can I watch the second episode? Smile

On the HBO website I think. I downloaded it because I'm outside of the States so I can't access HBO.

KamakaLo

[12]Jun 27, 2011
    ^^ I watched the 2nd episode on HBO GO

foggygirl

[13]Jun 27, 2011
    • level: 7

An excellent start to the new seasonbut I'm not sure about the wholegnarly Fairies storyline? although it defintely made for an action packed opening! which was different. I can't wait to see where the season goes!

sibowittz

[14]Jun 27, 2011
    • level: 17
    Too much exposition, but still a good episode. The 2nd episode is way better though!

kanniballl

[15]Jun 27, 2011
    • level: 18

I too saw the 2nd episode, only I couldn't log into HBO GO for some reason and just used FIOS's OnDemand feature on my TV.

All in all it was OK... not GREAT but OK.

I thought it was a waste to bring in that actor as Sookie's grandfather only to kill him off 10 minutes later. I wonder if he'll come back, otherwise I'm surprised they just didn't find some random no-name actor.

Watching Bill and Eric act so suave in their public role was interesting. For example, Bill looks to really have stepped up his public speaking since his Season 1 speech about the Civil War and what-not. Eric just walking in without a script and just nailing the commercial was great.

Merlot's tool of a brother bugs me.. whining that he shot him. Wa wa wa. You were stealing everything from his safe. Merlot tried to be a brother, and the tool betrayed him. If he called the cops he probably would've just turned into a bull something that could run fast AND carry a bag in its mouth... maybe a horse or something. Meanwhile WTF is he doing with the witch of a woman... I really disliked her.

Honestly, I'm surprised so many people in "the circle" didn't respond like Lafayette. Re-animating a bird for a few seconds is an interesting trick... bringing back a human body should've set EVERYONE's spider-senses off. How is that a good idea or even considered "white magic." Especially since Lafayette knows how dark of a world it really is out there.

The sad thing about the baby is it probably is a monster or a demon due to the special tea she drank, but she's been acting so crazy that nobody would believe her. And it has finally lashed out.

Edited on 06/27/2011 1:13pm

muggle421

[16]Jun 27, 2011
    • level: 13
    I thought it had a really good season premire. Having a year pass is perfect. It explains why everyone looks older and we have fresh story lines. The new story line i liked the best was Tara's she seems to have made peace with what has happened to her. I didn't care much for Jason taking care of the people in hot shot i am done with that place and Crystal. The faries turning into gross looking things was awesome. I love that this show doesnt shy away from other supernatural creatures. I am so ready to see LaLa work magical powers. It seems like Bill is starting to follow the book Bill more with him gaining political standing in vampire politics and Eric and Pam were great as always. Happy to have True Blood back!

kok_warlock

[17]Jun 27, 2011

CortezDC wrote:
    No offense, and I'm not trying to argue, but just because you found the episode average, doesn't mean we did. If you would have stated your opinion without saying, "What show were you guys watching?" it would have been better.

I didn't mean as an offense or crticizing, but more as an expression, considering that it has been like a year(I think) since the end of season 3, and like 4-6 months of hype, I did expect something much better, and I didn't even have very high expectations, but in other forums, I saw a lot of people disappointed.

KamakaLo wrote:

Thank you KamakaLo, I had no idea, not being sarcastic, I really had no idea that the 2nd episode was out, I'm going to watch it in like 30m, as soon as I'm finished d/ling.

Edited on 06/27/2011 8:06pm

wildhoney66

[18]Jun 27, 2011
    • level: 13

i agree on the jump ahead a year. it's sometimes a REAL stupid thing to do on shows. but i think it worked this time around. the season i agree did feel like the 1st episode again where we are learning about the characters again. a lot of people have said how the 1st 8 minutes of it were bad.

well i loved the 1st episode & those 8 minutes. i thought it was a great episode & for me the episode went by to fast. i haven't seen the 2nd one yet mind you. so if that one's better than it feels like a great season is going to come by us. i loved last season to be honest. many people didn't.

it was nice last season cause they paid attention more to the story line rather than show's who's fawking who. that just got tired after awhile ya know?

WickedNugget

[19]Jun 28, 2011
    • level: 8
    I liked it, and can't wait for the next episode. So now Tara/Toni has crossed over to the other team, giving the boys (and many girls) more hawtstuff to look at, I hope that they give ME som boy on boy action! Lafayette and Jesus, do the dirty on the screen, so I can drool a bit, and my boyfriend roll eyes at me and sigh... Damn.

kok_warlock

[20]Jun 28, 2011

WickedNugget wrote:
    I liked it, and can't wait for the next episode. So now Tara/Toni has crossed over to the other team, giving the boys (and many girls) more hawtstuff to look at, I hope that they give ME som boy on boy action! Lafayette and Jesus, do the dirty on the screen, so I can drool a bit, and my boyfriend roll eyes at me and sigh... Damn.

Oh I hope not, there was enough gay sex last season for this one too, hehehe.

This second episode was way, WAY better than the 1st one, to start, there was more Eric and Jessica, which are becoming the best characters in this show, and the scenes were funny, while in the 1st episode, they were not.

Hated to know about the queen being killed, specially by a wuss of Bill, but that's more because I really like Evan Rachel Woods, also, I can wait to see Eric exact his revenge on the wiccan group.