We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

True Blood Forums

HBO (ended 2014)

5.02, "Authority Always Wins," Official Discussion, *spoilers*

amaryllis88

[1]Jun 13, 2012
    • level: 20

Welcome to the second episode of True Blood!! SmileThis episode airs Sunday, June 17th, at 9 pm Eastern / 8 pm Central on HBO.

"In New Orleans, Eric and Bill get together with the ancient vampire Salome, a member of the Authority, and become familiar with how the Authority does their interrogation. Pam remembers to when she used to be a human, and when Eric first came into her life. Alcide refuses to take over as the new packmaster. Sam and Luna deal with Marcus' mother who comes looking for Emma. Sookie acquires a system to protect her home should Russell show up. Terry's erratic behavior has Arlene concerned. Jessica receives an offer from Steve Newlin. Jason's life of numerous casual sexual affairs with women weighs heavy on him. Tara resurfaces in Bon Temps."

This episode was written by Mark Hudis and directed by Michael Lehmann.

Please only discuss this episode in this thread, and NO BOOK SPOILERS!!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

No1Slayerette

[2]Jun 15, 2012
    • level: 9

Does anyone else think Steve Newlin might be linked with Russell's return? This is just me speculating/ spit-balling, but as a human Steve hated vampires and wanted to kill them all, so it shouldn't be all that far-fetched that as a vampire he now wants all humans to be eradicated... muchlike Russell wants. Plus, they're both gay lol... so what do others think???

KamakaLo

[3]Jun 17, 2012
    • level: 22

I thought this was overall a good episode but at the same time I feel as if some characters don't even have much of a sl?? ... like Sam and Jason? And I also feel there are either too many characters or too many sl's or something going on? and also when is the last time like for example Sookie shared a scene with Sam? I feel like this show needs to get back to that. Getting back to this episode though I know Tara has a lot of haters but I can't wait to see more of her as a vampire. Lafayette was so funny tonight covering his neck lol NE is great! loved seeing the beginning of Eric/Pam but wish there was more of it and from what I saw of the authority was good.

angeland8

[4]Jun 18, 2012
    • level: 10
    Still think the werewolves storyline is the worst. I don't even care what will happen to them.

Tvking00

[6]Jun 18, 2012
    • level: 5

angeland8 wrote:
    Still think the werewolves storyline is the worst. I don't even care what will happen to them.

No there they're not this whole whiny Hoyt situation is the worst story-line along with Terrys new-found plot importance. Oh and they gave Tara the shit end of the stick.......AGAIN!!!! Other than that I liked this episode, I loved the little vampire chant or prayer they had it made the whole vampire world/mythology seem more authentic and that's one of the reasons why I love true blood so much.

JosephPerry

[7]Jun 20, 2012
    • level: 2

I DO-NOT-UNDERSTAND THE HATRED FOR TARA. NEVER HAVE. I'VE ALWAYS FOUND HER TO BE FUNNY, WITH A TRAGIC SIDE THROWN IN THERE. THE BIGGEST LAUGH OF THE NIGHT, IMO, WAS WHEN LUNA WALKED INTO HER DAUGHTERS BR AND FOUND...THE CUTEST LITTLE WOLVE. SHE WAS-ADORABLE-! I WAS AFRAID THEYD GET RID OF LUNA AFTER LAST YEAR, AND I'M SO GLAD THEY DIDN'T.

IF THE FIRST TWO EPISODES ARE ANY INDICATION, IT'S GONNA BE A GREAT SEASON!

amaryllis88

[8]Jun 20, 2012
    • level: 20

It was a good episode. It didn't really progress as much as I wanted the Sookie/Laffy/Tara storyline to go, but I know I have to give it time. I'm going to give vamp Tara a chance, since we've only just met her, curious if she keeps her "hater" relationship with both Sookie and Lafayette, and what kind of person she turns into given her new circumstances.

Jason: He's definitely matured as the seasons have gone by, which I kind of appreciate, however I would like his character to be given more than what he's gotten lately. He's kinda stale, same with Hoyt, maybe we'll just have to wait til the upcoming episodes to find out, here's hoping the writers take them in new directions.

Sam/Luna: I like them together, and hopefully we'll see them together again soon. I really like Janina Gavankar, I loved her character on The Gates, a canceled ABC series, and I was hoping to see her back on t.v. again. I love her tough attitude, and I can't wait to see how her story with her daughter unfolds.

Eric & Bill: So cute! I love them together, and working as a couple, kinda reminds me of the buddy cop movies/television shows. I hope we'll see their budding relationship continue for the season, great job putting them together!

Roman: OMG, how I love Christopher Meloni in his new role!!! Wow!! I can't wait to see more, and I loved how it seemed as though he really understood his role in the Authority.

As a side note, I really hope they use Peter Mensah's character more, loved him on Spartacus!

No1Slayerette wrote:
    Does anyone else think Steve Newlin might be linked with Russell's return?

That's actually a pretty good theory, and two unlikely people to be paired together, that's for sure! I kinda like vamp Steve, but I'm curious whether he's hiding a hidden agenda. Also, can't wait to see Russell Edgington in full force again.