True Blood Forums

HBO (ended 2014)

5.03, "Whatever I Am, You Made Me," Official Discussion, *spoilers*

amaryllis88

[1]Jun 20, 2012
    • level: 20

Hi everyone! Laughing Welcome to an all new episode of True Blood! This episode airs Sunday, June 24th, at 9 pm Eastern / 8 pm Central on HBO.

"Bill and Eric negotiate with the Vampire Authority to allow them to keep their lives. Sookie asks for Pam's help. There are consequences for Andy's sexual hook-up with Holly. Debbie Pelts' parents come to Andy looking for their daughter. Jason meets up with a former high school teacher."

This episode was written by Raelle Tucker, and directed by David Petrarca.

Please only discuss this episode in this thread, and NO BOOK SPOILERS!!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KamakaLo

[2]Jun 24, 2012
    • level: 22
    This was a great episode much better imo than the other two. I liked that more characters shared scenes to let us know they know each other and that they have jobs so that was nice. I liked that Tara went to Sam cause I've always enjoyed their friendship and I'm enjoying vampire Tara. I'm still liking the past with Pam and Eric and it was nice to see Lorena again but feel for Pam cause she misses her Eric. I can't wait to see more with goth Hoyt and I felt bad for Jason tonight but it seems he's growing up.

Jemadari

[3]Jun 25, 2012
    • level: 12

Not a whole lot to say, I likes Pam's flashbacks and Jessica's reaction to the guy at the dress shop was hilarious

No1Slayerette

[4]Jun 25, 2012
    • level: 9

KamakaLo wrote:
    This was a great episode much better imo than the other two. I liked that more characters shared scenes to let us know they know each other and that they have jobs so that was nice. I liked that Tara went to Sam cause I've always enjoyed their friendship and I'm enjoying vampire Tara. I'm still liking the past with Pam and Eric and it was nice to see Lorena again but feel for Pam cause she misses her Eric. I can't wait to see more with goth Hoyt and I felt bad for Jason tonight but it seems he's growing up.
    Yes! Totally agree. Not a whole lot happened in terms of the progression of storylines (as usual) but having the characters interact and go to work, which seems like forever since they've done so, made the episode really really good. I wish the writers really would just have Terry, Arlene, Andy, Hoyt and Holly as secondary characters, not necessarily without storylines, but who we just see in the background every now and then, as they did this week. It worked really well, yet they still all got some character development. I hope this continues!

anthem47

[5]Jun 26, 2012
    • level: 6

No1Slayerette wrote:

KamakaLo wrote:
    Yes! Totally agree. Not a whole lot happened in terms of the progression of storylines (as usual) but having the characters interact and go to work, which seems like forever since they've done so, made the episode really really good. I wish the writers really would just have Terry, Arlene, Andy, Hoyt and Holly as secondary characters, not necessarily without storylines, but who we just see in the background every now and then, as they did this week. It worked really well, yet they still all got some character development. I hope this continues!

I think that's a problem shows like this often fall into. They let their plots become so involved that the characters seem like they have no source of income, or theynever just sit around and interact with each other on a normal basis. Like remember when Jason and Lafayette worked with Hoyt on the road crew? That seems like a lifetime ago. That's not so bad as Jason has a new career and Lafayette has his chef job to fall back on...but, another example, Sookie sure seems to get a lot of days off! So yeah I'm always happy to see them return to work. I don't need my realism quotient super high but you do start to notice after awhile.