True Blood Forums

HBO (ended 2014)

5.04, "We'll Meet Again," Official Discussion, *spoilers*

amaryllis88

[1]Jun 27, 2012
    • level: 20

Welcome to a new episode of True Blood! CoolThis episode airs Sunday, July 1st, at 9 pm Eastern / 8 pm Central on HBO.

"Bill and Eric fear for their lives and wonder who else knew about how and where they disposed of Russell Edgington. Pam does her best to be a good maker to Tara but wonders about the relationship to her own maker, Eric. With a traitor still at large, Roman and Salome go on a hunt. Andy and Jason go to an exclusive party with a judge. Terry experiences a flashback while hunting with Patrick for a former comrade. Old friends visit Sam. Lafayette causes problems for Sookie and Alcide breaks the news of Debbie's death to her parents."

This episode was written by Romeo Tirone, and directed by Alexander Woo.

Please only discuss this episode in this thread, and NO BOOK SPOILERS!!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JonLachonis

[2]Jun 28, 2012
    • level: 1

Three new clips here for the episode! Looks like Sookie is going to confess and Alcide might be telling Debbie's parents who killed her. Will he throw Sookie under the bus?!

http://www.tvovermind.com/true-blood/true-blood-well-meet-again-preview-clips/

Edited on 06/28/2012 2:03pm

ionee24

[3]Jun 30, 2012
    • level: 32
    I don't think so. Alcide has always had an act to protect Sookie, even against his own best interests.

KamakaLo

[4]Jul 1, 2012
    • level: 22
    I'm really enjoying the Pam/Eric and also Pam/Tara scenes the most this season. I thought this was a good episode but I still don't understand why Sam doesn't have much going on yet? it seems Terry has more of a sl than Sam so what is up with that? I like Terry don't get me wrong but I'm just not really into this story much yet and it just doesn't fit in with the show very well. I was surprised at how much I actually liked Alcide and Sookie but what is up with them all talking to Bill about Sookie and him asking about her? so is Eric over her? or is he just acting like it? it seems to be all about Bill's feelings.

angeland8

[5]Jul 2, 2012
    • level: 10
    So many storylines I don't give a damn about...

That Iraq piece - don't care.

Alcide - it doesn't matter how many sixpacks he has, he is still boring.

That thing with Lafayette - please stop.

And OMG, Tara. Nothing, nothing can make this character tolerable.

charmed05

[6]Jul 2, 2012
    • level: 15
    Eric is just acting, episode 3 mentions you've been hurt that wound is still fresh. Eric has a hurt look on his face when he saw Sookie and Alcide.

hal90042000

[7]Jul 2, 2012
    • level: 5
    Great episode in so many ways but I do have a question if the Guardian is the head honcho vampire then how does the Magister fit he is over the Authrity or under it ?.

qtwanderer

[8]Jul 2, 2012
    • level: 27
    ^I believe under it. He seems to be somewhere between King/Queen and the Authority. This is all opinion though since no one made this clear. So faeries are good or bad, cause it seemed weird how last season they were introduced then dropped and not mentioned too much, now they seem to be allowed to mingle on some level with people...confused about that whole thing and the fact none of them can tell Jason is somewhat a half faerie also...lost on this storyline...

No1Slayerette

[9]Jul 2, 2012
    • level: 9

This episode was a bit of a letdown, and quite boring, compared to last weeks. They got me excited for a whole much of storylines and once again I was disappointed! Marcus' and Debbie's deaths have been swept under the rug and that now gives us more time for... fairies?! The writers better tread carefully here; they didn't work so well last time. Everyone is moving awfully slow, The Authority just sit around looking all angry, Bill and Eric are still nowhere closer to finding Russell, and the less said about Terry's road trip the better. I am sort of interested to see were Sam's stoyrline is going, but I imagine I will again be disappointed, maybe the werewolves are back?

Wildtvfan85

[10]Jul 3, 2012
    • level: 3
    Does anyone think that Russell is in the basement at the Vampire Authority, but no one knows it's really him??

SupermanNYC

[11]Jul 3, 2012
    • level: 45
    I must say, gotta love this episode! Didn't see that coming with the little kid! My rating for this one would be a 9.0

No1Slayerette

[12]Jul 4, 2012
    • level: 9

Wildtvfan85 wrote:
    Does anyone think that Russell is in the basement at the Vampire Authority, but no one knows it's really him??
    That would be interesting, although I don't see how he would have got past everyone, but I guess if Alexander and Nora were both Sanguinistas, anything is possible. I'm still thinking (hoping) that Steve Newlin is involved with his return somehow.

Rachel_225

[13]Jul 4, 2012

Okay, this season has started off a bit disappointing. This episode has been the best so far.

I have no idea why they are launching with this Iraq/army storyline - what the? Doesn't really fit.

I was surpised that they killed off Sam's shifter friends. So another whodunnit. Are we thinking his ex-girlfriend? Her name escapes me!

I had to laugh out loud when Sookie was drunk, especially when she sang "If you like making love at midnight, even if its in a cemetry". I thought that hilarious. And I was a little bit sad when Bill spotted Alcide and Sookie kissing.

I hope Jesus comes back to sort Lafyette out.

Overall, as I said, best ep of the season so far and hope it gets better!

Wildtvfan85

[14]Jul 4, 2012

No1Slayerette wrote:

Wildtvfan85 wrote:
    That would be interesting, although I don't see how he would have got past everyone, but I guess if Alexander and Nora were both Sanguinistas, anything is possible. I'm still thinking (hoping) that Steve Newlin is involved with his return somehow.

What about Solame, I think she's also a sanguinista. She might have something to do with Russell

amaryllis88

[15]Jul 6, 2012

I'm confused why it's taking so long for Bill & Eric to make any progress on finding Russell. It seems as though they're trying to drag it out as much as they can this season. I would've expected they find a lead or something in this episode to sort of lead them in the right direction. Ok, so they've decided to bring Sookie into their mess, couldn't they decide that last episode, and this one we actually see some kind of action? I guess not.

I'm relieved that Alcide blamed Debbie's death on Marcus, hoping that story holds strength, and is believable. Loved that Jessica "told" the Sheriff to forget about the search, how priceless! She's done so well, she's become such a great vampire adult! SealedI did enjoy Tara's & Pam's connection this episode, as a Tara hater I have to say I'm kind of liking her as a vampire. She doesn't get on my nerves as much as she did as a human.

I really was thinking, "Are they gonna kill the kid?" And, yes they killed the kid!!!! Who would've thought he was the traitor, and that evidence too, I'm glad that Peter Mensah is still sticking around, I'm enjoying his role so far. And absolutely loving Chris Meloni as Roman, quite delicious!

As No1Slayerettementioned, I'm kind of hoping that Steve is part of the resurrection process of Russell, it would make it that much more juicy, and I can't wait to find out who dug him up to begin with, and what they're plans are....

I'm not that thrilled about the Terry and Patrick storyline, at first I was maybe thinking it had a supernatural vibe to it, now I'm not so sure, and it seems to have become stagnant of where it is, I'm at the point where I'm thinking, "They can stay in that basement, I'm ok with it." lol I agree with angeland8 about this storyline so far.

Lafayette: What on earth?! He needs a Xanax or something, at least he felt bad about making Sookie's car crash, as long as he shows remorse, he didn't really mean to do it, but still, he's got a lot of pent up energy, he needs to focus that on something else.

Also, with the whole Faerie bar escapade, as qtwanderermentioned, shouldn't they have tried to reach out to Jason earlier, or noticed that he was part Faerie, there seems to be some holes in this storyline. I'm curious about the seed that Hadley planted in his mind about his parents' death will make him pursue an investigation or something, although with the whole bright light being blasted at them at the end, I also wonder whether that was some sort of mind-wipe, or something.

Wildtvfan85

[16]Jul 6, 2012

amaryllis88 wrote:

I'mAnd absolutely loving Chris Meloni as Roman, quite delicious!

Isn't he, loving that shirtless scene too. Meloni is the perfect person to play Roman.. I have such a crush on him, he is handsome and full of hotness.

amaryllis88

[17]Jul 11, 2012
    Wildtvfan85 wrote:

amaryllis88 wrote:

I'mAnd absolutely loving Chris Meloni as Roman, quite delicious!

Isn't he, loving that shirtless scene too. Meloni is the perfect person to play Roman.. I have such a crush on him, he is handsome and full of hotness.

His depth in the character of Roman is so much more than his character on Law & Order. It's like I'm seeing a whole new side to him! And I'm absolutely in love with it!