True Blood Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on HBOIn Season

5.05, "Let's Boot and Rally," Official Discussion, *spoilers*

amaryllis88

[1]Jul 6, 2012
    • level: 20

Welcome to an all new episode of True Blood! LaughingThis episode airs Sunday, July 8th, at 9 pm Eastern / 8 pm Central on HBO.

"Time is running out so when Bill and Eric can't find Russell, they turn to Sookie for help. Lafayette seeks out Jesus' spirit. Terry and Patrick find themselves hostages. Jason has to deal with after effects of a troubling dream. Jessica decides to give Tara some guidance. Sam has bad news for Luna."

This episode was written by Michael Lehmann and directed by Angela Robinson

Please only discuss this episode in this thread, and NO BOOK SPOILERS!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Wildtvfan85

[2]Jul 8, 2012
    • level: 3
    Never saw Sam or Luna getting killed coming. - Vampire Authority- Roman already senses that Solame is a traitor it's perfectly clear she is and is also working with Nora. There's something very odd about it. Did anyone notice that Bill and Sookie were holding hands right before they found Russell.

Plug2k

[3]Jul 9, 2012
    • level: 4
    I dont believe that sam is dead. not a chance in hell is he dead.
    but i do believe luna is dead.

and what struck me as weird in this episode what the shit was the detached head all about ? lol

IzzieOKeeffe

[4]Jul 9, 2012
    • level: 2
    It's getting confusing the way they keep introuducing new story line after new story line....detached heads, fairies with vampire paranoias...where are they going with it all? I just hope it doesn't end up in one big disappointment, like Alcide and Sookie! What a massive build-up for nothing absolutely! I hope they finally get their chance.

saracobra

[5]Jul 9, 2012
    • level: 10

hey ok who is molly i know i have seen her before in something else but i cant find her name on any of the shows cast list. molly is the one that called about the time being uped.

damnfo0l

[7]Jul 9, 2012

I've been willing to give this show the benefit of the doubt over the number ofstory-linesgoing on but last nights was a step too far. In the space of 2 minutes we jumped from Tara at Fangtasia to Terry in Iraq to Bill, Sookie.& the rest of the Scooby Gang in the deserted Hospital.

Its too much!!

Now we have the who-dunnit of Sam & Lorna, Jesus disembodied head & who killed Ma & PaStackhouse.

Just stick to the core storyline please.

Jemadari

[8]Jul 9, 2012
    • level: 12

saracobra wrote:

hey ok who is molly i know i have seen her before in something else but i cant find her name on any of the shows cast list. molly is the one that called about the time being uped.

Tina Majorino

Jessica feeding on the chick in the bathroom was quite possibly the hottest thing in the history of television, just sayin'

Edited on 07/09/2012 12:29pm

CharmedOneP391

[9]Jul 9, 2012
    • level: 19

damnfo0l wrote:

I've been willing to give this show the benefit of the doubt over the number ofstory-linesgoing on but last nights was a step too far. In the space of 2 minutes we jumped from Tara at Fangtasia to Terry in Iraq to Bill, Sookie.& the rest of the Scooby Gang in the deserted Hospital.

Its too much!!

Now we have the who-dunnit of Sam & Lorna, Jesus disembodied head & who killed Ma & PaStackhouse.

Just stick to the core storyline please.

What exactly is the core storyline? I mean I agree that they need to slow down a bit and concentrate on 4 or 5 characters an episode instead of 8 or 9. But I mean in my eyes, the Sookie/Eric/Bill/Alcide storyline is just as important as Tara's this season. It's personal taste you know. But yeah...more Russel Edington needs to happen

No1Slayerette

[10]Jul 9, 2012
    • level: 9

Same old True Blood, same old problems, but hey, Russell!!!

damnfo0l

[11]Jul 10, 2012

The core story-line is The Vampire Authority and could be classed as the A story. Everything else could be classed as the B story.

To tell a coherent story you should have just the 2, the A taking up the majority of the time advancing the plot etc and a secondary story to give more depth to the suppoting characters. But Trueblood seems to be running with a C, D, E, F & G stories with the supporting characters diverging from the main plot & it's made even worse by the fact that most of them are boring.

That being said I am lovingwhats going on withTaraat the moment liking it even more to the Authority which seems to have fizzled out. I am holding out hope that as Russel has been located the authority might have something more to do than just stand around and monologue.

Salome is so a Sanguinista.

No1Slayerette

[12]Jul 11, 2012
    • level: 9

damnfo0l wrote:
    The core story-line is The Vampire Authority and could be classed as the A story. Everything else could be classed as the B story.

To tell a coherent story you should have just the 2, the A taking up the majority of the time advancing the plot etc and a secondary story to give more depth to the suppoting characters. But Trueblood seems to be running with a C, D, E, F & G stories with the supporting characters diverging from the main plot & it's made even worse by the fact that most of them are boring.

That being said I am lovingwhats going on withTaraat the moment liking it even more to the Authority which seems to have fizzled out. I am holding out hope that as Russel has been located the authority might have something more to do than just stand around and monologue

You make an excellent point. I would consider The Authority storyline and the search for Russell to be a part of the same storyline though. The problem is, the Authority don't actually do anything, so Bill and Eric provide the movement of the storyline (or action), while, like you said, the Authority just stand around and monologue (an absolutely awesome way to describe it). Other than that, I'd class Jason and Andy's current storyline as what should be the main secondary storyline. The problem is that True Blood picks up, plays with, puts down, and picks up new sub-storylines every episode, which is what makes them all secondary. Jason and Andy have had sexual escapades, investigated Debbie's murder, a trip to faerie world and are now investigating the shifter murders. That's basically a new storyline for them for every episode of the season. The writers need to just choose one and stick with it.

ekiMognoL

[13]Jul 13, 2012
    • level: 1
    I really was "OK" with the episode.

I felt like only a few things were really awesome about the show.

1) The whole Terry story and that black Ifrit stuff was really cool. I really hope that story moves along.
    2) The authority is the best thing about the show right now. But I'm glad they finally found Russell. It took awhile to finally get up to that part of the story.
    3) Sam isn't dead, he can't be.
    4) Tara is still really annoying, is it me or are other people feeling the same way? But she's getting better, keep hanging out with Jessica

Overall, a decent episode, not the best, but if I had to give it a stars out of 5, I'd give it a 3

3/5.