True Blood Forums

HBO (ended 2014)

5.07, "In the Beginning," Official Discussion, *spoilers*

amaryllis88

[1]Jul 18, 2012
    • level: 20

Welcome to another episode of True Blood! Laughing This episode airs Sunday, July 22, at 9 pm Eastern / 8 pm Central on HBO.

"As Sookie embraces her human side, she considers a life without her faerie powers. Salome shows just where her true allegiance rests. Sam uses his sense of smell to locate the shooters. Alcide gets ready for a fight. Lafayette searches for Jesus' body. Hoyt finds himself a new group of friends."

This episode was written by Brian Buckner, and directed by Michael Ruscio.

Please only discuss this episode in this thread, and NO BOOK SPOILERS!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Wildtvfan85

[2]Jul 22, 2012
    • level: 3
    Now no one can say that Roman is still alive, he's dead. Meloni's name was removed from the credits. IMDB incorrectly had him down for 11 episodes which is wrong. He was never slated to do 11 episodes. I don't trust Lilith or her agenda, after hearing what Godrick said to Eric I realized that Roman was right. He didn't believe her either. Also the other guy on the council, he also was with Roman the only one that was behind him. All the others didn't believe him... Solame breaking Russell out was a given, but her and Nora were working together; all just an act she put on.

Salome didn't even love Roman, she wanted him dead. I knew from the moment we saw her that she was plotting something like this. I do have a feeling that Russell won't last very long as the guardian of the authority. Lilith she's evil, and I doubt she believes in coexistance. Sookie,I understand why she gave up her powers. Her parents getting killed after a vampire discovered her blood on a bandaid in the backseat. She feels responsible, in someway in retrospec it was never her fault what happen. Perhaps Sookie just wanted a normal life, She never asked to be part fairy.

KamakaLo

[3]Jul 22, 2012
    • level: 22
    Great Episode! Eric has the best lines! lol. I also thought Sam rolling on the floor and Eric carrying Bill was funny. The other scenes that stand out to me were Tara hugging Pam awe!, Jason shooting Jessica/Jessica biting him Wow! Alcide and Rikki were pretty hot! Sookie sharing scenes with Sam again Yay! and I also liked hers with Jason cause I love their bro/Sis relationship, That woman killing Don to save Lala glad he's okay, and finally Lilith showing up and then Eric sees Godric nice seeing him again. Also, I get why Sookie wants to be normal but she should know she'll have trouble regardless of what she is since she's already been with the vamps.

coutterhill

[4]Jul 22, 2012
    • level: 14

I was under the impression Lilith was a hallucination. It made me uncomfortable seeing the one vamp drinking from the child. An all out war with vampires high on Lilith blood and humans is outrageous, could be cool, but seeing Bill like this is just, disturbing. Jason shooting Jessica in the head?? crazy scene! SO I guess Hoyt and his new "hate Group" are going to try to kill her? The big question is who is the vampire that killed Sookie and Jason's parents??? Bill, The Queen, or someone new???? dun dun dunnnnn

Wildtvfan85

[5]Jul 23, 2012

coutterhill wrote:

I was under the impression Lilith was a hallucination. It made me uncomfortable seeing the one vamp drinking from the child. An all out war with vampires high on Lilith blood and humans is outrageous, could be cool, but seeing Bill like this is just, disturbing. Jason shooting Jessica in the head?? crazy scene! SO I guess Hoyt and his new "hate Group" are going to try to kill her? The big question is who is the vampire that killed Sookie and Jason's parents??? Bill, The Queen, or someone new???? dun dun dunnnnn

I don't think she was halluncination at all, Lilith is evil she doesn't want peace like Roman wanted. I knew all along with only one person agreed with Roman which was Dieter, all the others were on the bad side.

I doubt Bill killed Sookie and Jason's parents.

kanniballl

[6]Jul 23, 2012
    • level: 18

Wildtvfan85 wrote:

I don't think she was halluncination at all, Lilith is evil she doesn't want peace like Roman wanted. I knew all along with only one person agreed with Roman which was Dieter, all the others were on the bad side.

I doubt Bill killed Sookie and Jason's parents.

The hallucination thing is probably coming from (A) everyone seeing red-mist-Lilith near Eric's sister, followed by (B) Eric seeing Godrich who clears his mind a little, followed by (C) Eric looks at his sister again and DOESN'T see Lilith anymore but his sister still looks like she is seeing her

So perhaps she walked off-camera to get a coat (she looked cold) or perhaps she's a ghost / hallucination and Eric's head cleared enough so he wasn't seeing her anymore.

Edited on 07/23/2012 8:28am

kanniballl

[7]Jul 23, 2012
    • level: 18

KamakaLo wrote:
    Also, I get why Sookie wants to be normal but she should know she'll have trouble regardless of what she is since she's already been with the vamps.

Exactly... very short sighted. She's in trouble now no matter what, she's on everyone's radar and there are supernatural critters everywhere. And lots of people and things want her dead.

At least with her powers, she has multiple defenses. Active (microwave blast) and Passive (mind reading == semi spider-sense)

Meanwhile, her powers have saved lives that WEREN'T in danger because of her. Case in point: the vamp-banger serial killer. The Naiad. The Necromancer fiasco. All of those boulders were already rolling without her bad luck helping them. Her powers just got her involved... but without them either she'd be dead or those close to her would be dead.

It's like if Spider-man's identity was STILL known in the comics... and he decided to get rid of his powers. Sorry bro, your family is safer now with your powers than without.

Edited on 07/23/2012 8:36am
    Edited 2 total times.

angeland8

[8]Jul 23, 2012
    • level: 10
    Uh, I used to love this show so much. Now I don't even look at the screen when there is shifter's stuff, or that smoke-fire-thing, or fairies. Too many boring and utterly useless storylines!

Wildtvfan85

[9]Jul 23, 2012

angeland8 wrote:
    Uh, I used to love this show so much. Now I don't even look at the screen when there is shifter's stuff, or that smoke-fire-thing, or fairies. Too many boring and utterly useless storylines!

Not all of it has useless storylines, the lilith one needs to end. We know she's evil, Roman should have stopped Salome, he knew what she was up to. He was trying to prevent what just happened. This is only going to get worse, I hope the smoke fire thing with Terry ends, I can't stand that storyline anylonger.

The fairies is interesting, I do want to know who killed Sookie and Jason's parents.

BannikX

[10]Jul 24, 2012
    I really like Lafayette's storyline, mostly because I was really interested in Jesus and his whole backstory, and Lafayette has never really been normal. I admit, I don't really care about Terry's story, but I'm enjoying watching all of them.

elflojo0

[11]Jul 24, 2012
    • level: 5
    Anyone knows what the name of the music at the end of the episode ? thanks

TesserT

[12]Jul 25, 2012
    • level: 78
    Song at the end is "In the Beginning" by K'naan.