True Blood Forums

HBO (ended 2014)

5.08, "Somebody That I Used To Know," Official Discussion, *spoilers*

amaryllis88

[1]Jul 25, 2012
    • level: 20

Welcome to another episode of True Blood!!! Cool This episode airs Sunday, July 29, at 9 pm Eastern / 8 pm Central on HBO.

"Sookie and Jason visit where the faeries say their parents were supposedly killed by vampires. Bill begins having flashbacks. Sam and Luna become stuck. The Authority celebrate their new chosen direction."

This episode was written by Mark Hudis and directed by Stephen Moyer.

PLEASE ONLY DISCUSS THIS EPISODE IN THIS THREAD AND NO BOOK SPOILERS!!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

coutterhill

[2]Jul 29, 2012
    • level: 14

I really hate to admit I was bored. Every time I thought something was going to happen, off to another storyline. Loved all of Lala's scenes, so at least two stories got connected (his and smoke/fire monster). Luna as Sam was very odd, so glad they didn't kiss *awkward. Very much looking forward to finding out who killed the 'rents, just that his appearance in Sookie's bathroom was very weird. Very much do not like Bill now. Loved the flashback though.

Edited on 07/29/2012 10:50pm

damnfo0l

[3]Jul 30, 2012
    • level: 2

Anyone else think the V Lafayette used would have been a bit ripe if left in Jesus' first aid kit? Its got to have been there at least a few days and he was in the heat of Mexico a few hours too.

qtwanderer

[4]Jul 30, 2012
    • level: 27
    The vampire thing in Sookie's bathroom is odd but it has me more interested than the rest of the stories.

Wildtvfan85

[5]Jul 30, 2012
    • level: 3

Another Bizarre episode. Can please get rid of this Terry Storyline already, it's dragged on for too long.

Salome I can't stand her, she is clearly evil and insane. Nora cannot be saved at all, she's already been brainwashed.

I don't like the fact that all hell has broken loose with the vampires, this is exactly what Roman was trying to prevent. He didn't want this to happen, more of a reason why I hate Salome more.

Deadnight-Majin

[6]Aug 1, 2012
    • level: 18

I've kind of always wanted Bill to become the bad guy and Eric to become the saviour of the universe, so I'm pleased they're going that way. That said, I don't entirely follow Bill's motivation, I missed how the flashback to his dying daughter made him decide it was ok to murder that girl and "evolve" etc.

Good episode overall, didn't give me a headache by jumping between stories too much. Lafayette had some brilliant lines.

ionee24

[7]Aug 1, 2012
    • level: 32

Deadnight-Majin wrote:
    I've kind of always wanted Bill to become the bad guy and Eric to become the saviour of the universe

I've always seen Eric as the saviour of the Universe, its just the Universe he was trying to save wasn't my own.

However, now the Authority is becoming a threat to both Universes: human and supernatural. Sheriff Northman not only has a sister to save, there's a whole species that's counting on him too.

I'm confident Eric will prevail.

Edited on 08/01/2012 4:18pm
    Edited 2 total times.

qtwanderer

[8]Aug 3, 2012
    • level: 27
    I think Bill has some sorta Ace up his sleeve, or a plan I should say, and hes waiting for the right moment. Lets not forget that not even Eric and Bill can take on the people they are surrounded by. Well maybe a few but not Rusell-(spelling) and Salome. Both appear to be older than Eric.

Deadnight-Majin

[9]Aug 5, 2012

qtwanderer wrote:
    I think Bill has some sorta Ace up his sleeve, or a plan I should say, and hes waiting for the right moment. Lets not forget that not even Eric and Bill can take on the people they are surrounded by. Well maybe a few but not Rusell-(spelling) and Salome. Both appear to be older than Eric.

I could buy into that more to be honest. I still don't quite understand bad guy Bill.

Amazon_Hollow

[10]Aug 6, 2012
    • level: 8

Well, Bill isn't actually turning to the darkside really. he is actually getting brainwashed by martha's blood controling him. Since Sookie let Bill go for personal reasons of life matters. So he doesn't really have nothing to return back to... And the brainwash is making Bill think Martha is his God of commard..

I've seen Bill's story actions so many times over & over again...

1. - Superman under the Red Kryptontine - Forced by villains like Lex Luthor & Brainiac controling his mind.

2. - Harry Osborn - Forced by his father, Norman Osborn to make him become the 2nd Green Goblin on the mind.

3. - Anakin Skywalker - Forced by Darth Sidious to make him fall to the darkside of the force on the mind.

And Bill also has similar actions, what happen to Eric in Season 4 but reversed.

And also as well, what happen to Stefan Salvatore during Season 3 forced by Klaus from The Vampire Diaries.

I guess the old say is... If i can't destroy or kill you at all? I shall will control your mind to be one of us then...

I think by the end of this fun house season... Bill, Eric and his link sister will get out of that hell of place, by kicking-butt against em all... And Season 5 will feel like a dream went by just like Season 4.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[11]Aug 6, 2012
    • level: 13
    I am confused about Luna's transformation to look like Sam. Wasn't that only supposed to happen when a shifter kills another shifter?

Jemadari

[12]Aug 6, 2012
    • level: 12

Sam's brother shifted into Sam and Hoyt's mom

damnfo0l

[13]Aug 6, 2012
    • level: 2

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    I am confused about Luna's transformation to look like Sam. Wasn't that only supposed to happen when a shifter kills another shifter?

Luna did technically kill another shifter as her mother died whilst giving birth to her. I think it was her explanation of this that introduced the viewer into the whole Skin Walker shifting into another personthing.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[14]Aug 6, 2012
    • level: 13
    damnfo0l wrote:

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:

Luna did technically kill another shifter as her mother died whilst giving birth to her. I think it was her explanation of this that introduced the viewer into the whole Skin Walker shifting into another personthing.

But if that is the case, wouldn't her ability to shift have displayed itself already? Also, I seem to remember clearly there being something stated that this situation only occurs once you have killed a shifter and the way it was introduced, killed meant murdered. Luna's mom dying at birth is very unfortunate but not murder. I believe I remember Sam knowing that his brother had murdered a shifter once he discovered that his brother was wearing his face.

ionee24

[15]Aug 6, 2012
    • level: 32

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:

No, a skinwalker is what happens when a shapeshifter kills a blood relative. And changing into another person is only a skinwalker ability. Since death is what happens when a skinwalker changes into many different people, there's only so many times they can do so without dying themselves.

This is the second time Luna has skinwalked into someone else.

*ETA:

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    But if that is the case, wouldn't her ability to shift have displayed itself already?.

It did. Luna told eveyone in the shapeshifter group she skinwalked into the mother she killed at birth to get the chance to know her. The one good thing about Emma being a werewolf is that she would never have to worry about this.

Edited on 08/06/2012 10:01pm

Deadnight-Majin

[16]Aug 12, 2012

Amazon_Hollow wrote:

Well, Bill isn't actually turning to the darkside really. he is actually getting brainwashed by martha's blood controling him. Since Sookie let Bill go for personal reasons of life matters. So he doesn't really have nothing to return back to... And the brainwash is making Bill think Martha is his God of commard..

I've seen Bill's story actions so many times over & over again...

1. - Superman under the Red Kryptontine - Forced by villains like Lex Luthor & Brainiac controling his mind.

2. - Harry Osborn - Forced by his father, Norman Osborn to make him become the 2nd Green Goblin on the mind.

3. - Anakin Skywalker - Forced by Darth Sidious to make him fall to the darkside of the force on the mind.

And Bill also has similar actions, what happen to Eric in Season 4 but reversed.

And also as well, what happen to Stefan Salvatore during Season 3 forced by Klaus from The Vampire Diaries.

I guess the old say is... If i can't destroy or kill you at all? I shall will control your mind to be one of us then...

I think by the end of this fun house season... Bill, Eric and his link sister will get out of that hell of place, by kicking-butt against em all... And Season 5 will feel like a dream went by just like Season 4.

Yeah, I picked up more on the brainwashing sort of stuff in the following episode.