True Blood Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on HBOIn Season

5.09, "Everybody Wants To Rule the World," Official Discussion, *spoil

amaryllis88

[1]Aug 2, 2012
    • level: 20

Welcome to another episode of True Blood! Cool This episode airs Sunday, August 6th, at 9 pm Eastern / 8 pm Central on HBO.

"Salome and the Chancellors celebrate the start of the vampire holy war. Sookie gets a hint about her parents' murder but anti-supernatural enthusiasts put her in danger. Eric plans his escape. Andy and Jason are out looking for leads behind the shifter killings. Alcide remembers how he was initiated into his pack. Arlene is trapped between Terry and Patrick's clash. Steve gets a new pet."

This episode was written by Raelle Tucker, and directed by Daniel Attias.

Please only discuss this episode in this thread, and NO BOOK SPOILERS!!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kanniballl

[2]Aug 6, 2012
    • level: 18

Well, it looks like Bill is losing himself. So either:

A) Salome's blood is a drug itself. Either from having so much Lilith blood OR she's Lilith OR she spiked her blood and Lilith's.

B) He's "nesting"

I believe back in Season 1, Bill said that when Vampires "nest" they go a little dark / crazy which is why he left his old one. Being penned up with Vampires (including older ones than him), drinking lots of real blood, and feeding on other vampires during s*x might mean he's going into full nesting mode.

I gotta say, it's weird seeing a sane Eric act SO hero while Bill is acting SO dark-side.

Wildtvfan85

[3]Aug 6, 2012
    • level: 3
    I think Solame is Lilith but she's clearly evil. Since Roman's death the vampires have become more and more out of control, he himself was trying to prevent what is now happening. Killing him off wasn't a good thing, but Salome needs to be stopped. Either Bill is faking to be like the rest of those evil vampires or he's one of them. Either way, Eric needs to get him out of there immediatly.

One thing I am happy about is that they finished the whole Terry/Smokemonster storyline. It was being dragged out for too long.. Glad they also caught those fools in those masks, and also saved Sookie and Hoyt. Good job Sam and Luna, but it still doesn't lead Sookie and Jason any closer to finding the vampire who killed their parents; unless the sheriff is really the vampire

No1Slayerette

[4]Aug 8, 2012
    • level: 9

I vast improvement over the last two episodes, but I think I only liked it because the Irift and supe killer storylines are finally done with. Why does True Blood insist on making all my favourite characters horrible. Bill, Hoyt, Pam have all gone down hill this season.

Wildtvfan85

[5]Aug 8, 2012
    • level: 3
    I don't agree that Pam has done down the hill this season at all, Hoyt has and Bill I think he's just faking in order to set the evil authority up. I hope he stakes Salome soon, I can't stand her and she's to blame for what happened.

NickLopez2

[6]Aug 12, 2012
    • level: 1
    I agree with Wildtvfan85, you are in the very small minority there when it comes to Pam slayerette. I think she is the one character that hasn't hit a low point on this show. Bill and Hoyt I can agree with though.

No1Slayerette

[7]Aug 12, 2012
    • level: 9

The problem I have with Pam this season is that the writers decided to pair her with the worst character in the show, Tara. Every episode this season involves her being the reluctant maternal mother to Tara's bratty teenage daughter. Pam was fast becoming my favourite character on True Blood before this season, but the way she interacts with Tara has become painfully predictable. Every episode this season Pam offers Tara some sentimental motherly advice, realises what she's doing, and then proceeds to act like a complete bitch to compensate for her momentary lapse of character. It was funny once or twice, but basically having the same plot every episode (Tara fighting with Jess, Tara picking fights with customers, Tara's mother problems) and then having Pam respond in the exact same sarcastic and snarky way, got old really quickly.

NickLopez2

[8]Aug 12, 2012
    • level: 1
    It's really the first personal arc they've ever given Pam. I like that it's a side to Pam we haven't seen before. I never felt that Pam hit a low point like every other character has, but I do feel her weakest material was from last season. She started off great, but then they basically made her into a henchwoman. It was very out of character the way she gave up Eric and almost got her killed, and the way they made her act somewhat like a jealous teenager at the end. She was basically a henchwoman that was almost Bill's bitch and I felt last season could have potentially destroyed that character, like they almost did Eric. Despite those setbacks, she was still awesome. I like that they're having Pam show compassion for someone that isn't Eric, and I know it's a problem for some that it has to be one of the worst characters, but I'm tolerating Tara this season. It could just be me, but I never grow tired of Pam's wittyness, and I think it stays true to her character to compensate those soft lapses of character. I also feel Pam and Tara don't really get much screentime anyway to really complain about them much. If they did, they would probably have more to do together then the things you mentioned. The actress who plays Pam says the bond will grow stronger between them on the remaining episode, so we'll see.

Deadnight-Majin

[9]Aug 12, 2012
    • level: 18

I think Pam has been great this season. She usually gets the best lines of the episode in the little screen time she gets.

You know, I've never been a Tara hater. I didn't even suspect that people would dislike her until I looked on forums and stuff. I've enjoyed her dynamic with Pam so far.

ionee24

[10]Aug 15, 2012
    • level: 32

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

I think Pam has been great this season. She usually gets the best lines of the episode in the little screen time she gets.

You know, I've never been a Tara hater. I didn't even suspect that people would dislike her until I looked on forums and stuff. I've enjoyed her dynamic with Pam so far.

I wouldn't read too much into it, whenever I go into a cable show forum I discover "people" - there's no guarantee its not the same person with multiple accounts - disliking someone/something that doesn't make any sense for someone who actually watches the show IMO.

For example, no one who actually watched the episode would've passed the oportunity to talk about Molly's true death, to mention Russell's "dashing" coments after a certain greek food or the two white mices that sneak out to rescue a werepup.

As for Tara, she got the one-liner of the episode. If that isn't awesome enough, she behaded a Sheriff, the same Sheriff who replaced Eric no less! If that doesn't make Pam the greatest maker ever, nothing will.

Edited on 08/15/2012 10:54pm