True Blood Forums

HBO (ended 2014)

5.12, "Save Yourself," Official Discussion, *spoilers*

amaryllis88

[1]Aug 22, 2012
    • level: 20

Welcome to the season finale of True Blood!! Cool This episode airs Sunday, August 26th at 9 pm Eastern / 8 pm Central on HBO.

"Eric makes a final and desperate attempt to bring down the Authority and, at the same time, save Bill from losing his humanity. Alcide gets ready for a second confrontation with JD. Sam and Luna must use all their resources in order to escape from the Authority. Andy must deal with the consequences of a deal he made."

This episode was written by Alan Ball and directed by Michael Lehmann.

Please only discuss this episode in this thread, and NO BOOK SPOILERS!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

no1thinker

[2]Aug 26, 2012
    • level: 19

I just hope for 1 thing...that this Lilith storyline is done tonight. I'm so tired of it...Bill is nuts, so to speak. Thank goodness, Eric got out last week. Anything with Alcide is good.

amaryllis88

[3]Aug 26, 2012
    • level: 20

Definitely blown away by this finale! It's about time they went out with guns a'blazin'!!

Bill was gettin' old fast, thankfully they got rid of him quick, and replaced him with a Lilith-enhanced version, so vampire-Bill is gone, and we're left with his re-incarnated bloody full-bodied version.

Eric: What a turnaround on his character, so devilishly sly and mysterious in the first couple of seasons, and this new change of heart in this one, trying to save Bill's humanity. Wow, and his Sookie-time goodness at the end was sweet! Can't wait to see what's in store for him next season.

Pam & Tara: Gotta admit, I was so tired of human Tara, love vampy Tara a whole lot better! A lot less whiney, and more to the point, and I like 'em together!

Andy & his 4 girls: how sweet, Marella left him his brood, that's gonna be a helluva way to start the year off, raising 4 girls. Will definitely bring humor into Andy's storyline, for sure. Curious to know how involved the fae will continue to be in everyone's life in Bon Temps.

So is Jason's "power" the ability to see dead people, or is it just his mom and dad for now? Wonder if Gran will come back, because I definitely miss her! Lafayette's storyline was over and done with, and packaged up oh so nicely....I'm glad he got to at least make some margaritas in this episode, would've loved to have tried 1 of those too!

They definitely dumped the Warlo storyline, wonder if that'll be touched upon next season? So next season's big bad is bloody Bill, curious where they take us from here. Yay for Alcide becoming a pack-master, knew he had it in him! Yay on Sam & Luna rescuing Emma, creating a PR nightmare for the AVL on her way out, curious if she'll recover or if we can count her amongst the deceased in this episode.

KamakaLo

[4]Aug 26, 2012
    • level: 22
    Wow. I thought Bill was a goner for a second but then he turns into Billith! so is Bill dead? what is he now? The highlights of the episode for me were Sam the fly killing Rosalyn which was awesome, Everything Eric because he had great lines, great kills, finally got to share and talk to Sookie, and he got to kill Russell. So Jason's back to hating vampires again like he did in s1 except now he sees dead people well maybe just his parents? Lafayette didn't have much going on but that's okay cause knowing that he's back to his old self is good enough for me. I've read many places who think Pam and Tara are predictable which yeah we all knew it was coming but I don't care I still love them together. ^ Also, on HBO GO Nora knew Warlow and something about s6 will be about him.

Amazon_Hollow

[5]Aug 27, 2012
    • level: 8

Okay, that's it i've had quite of enough here for sure...

I am dropping myself out from True Blood most definitely... I am not making the same exactly mistake, i have did with Smallville, tv series at all again.

Come on now... The new line-up characters to the program, doesn't actually work out into terms all the time really. Like the first group of seasons was well put on the main characters line-up. I am so sorry here, I am not taking any chances at all, and i am so done with this story program of True Blood for sure now.

Now, i know for sure "The Vampire Diaries" is alot more better match on my interest than True Blood & Twilight.

qtwanderer

[6]Aug 27, 2012
    • level: 27
    This season finale was such a departure from past finales. Not that much of a good thing, it use to be setup so the season stories ended and you got some season closure then a final scene to help bring in the next season. This was one giant cliffhanger without the closure and any storied that was tied-up really didn't peak my interest to begin with. Alcide becoming pack leader is good but I could care less as that didn't help anyone, Eric took it pretty well seeing Tara as a vampire. They didn't even make a exchange on the subject, given his character, he would atleast have asked "What are you doing here?"; Jason seeing his dead parents and acting like he did in season 1-3 is kinda old.

This felt more like the episode before a season finale. Hope they miscounted and lied to us.
    I did not like this season at all. It felt scattered with a few pointless stories and half-thought out with others. Not saying everything about this episode (season) was stupid; Seeing Sam fly into that Rosalyn and blowing her up from the inside or how cleverly Bill plotted and killed Salome and Eric holding back Nora were fun to watch. But it could have been executed/written a bit better. The only enjoyable part of this episode was Sam killing Rosalyn and Lafayette and the bar group throughout the episode.

Deadnight-Majin

[7]Aug 27, 2012
    • level: 18

I wasn't in love with this season, but thought the finale was awesome. Too often penultimate episodes upstage finales, with all the tension being resolved half way through the last one before everyone sits around and sets up the next season (not just in True Blood, in loads of shows), but this had the tension, the action, and a mega hook for the next season. Great stuff.

Also, the "Billith" name going around is hilarious.

Wildtvfan85

[8]Aug 27, 2012
    • level: 3

KamakaLo wrote:
    Wow. I thought Bill was a goner for a second but then he turns into Billith! .

No actually he didn't, Alan Ball said that he didn't turn into Lilith.

Jimmyboyt

[9]Aug 27, 2012

You'd think I'd be used to it by now, every single season finale, is a fucking cliffhanger

Amazon_Hollow

[10]May 28, 2013

Amazon_Hollow wrote:

Okay, that's it i've had quite of enough here for sure...

I am dropping myself out from True Blood most definitely... I am not making the same exactly mistake, i have did with Smallville, tv series at all again.

Come on now... The new line-up characters to the program, doesn't actually work out into terms all the time really. Like the first group of seasons was well put on the main characters line-up. I am so sorry here, I am not taking any chances at all, and i am so done with this story program of True Blood for sure now.

Now, i know for sure "The Vampire Diaries" is alot more better match on my interest than True Blood & Twilight.

I am so sorry!

My eariler reply post isn't true or real about True Blood really... I
    am still while on board successful with the series and best favorite...

Well, my reply post thrus True Blood eariler... Is actually credit to The
    Vampire Diaries, not True Blood.

I've discover it's The Vampire Diaries... I am dropping myself out most
    definitely... I am not making the same exactly mistake, i have did with
    Smallville, tv series at all again.

And also, it was never was True Blood I am dropping myself out really... And
    i actually choise True Blood as better match vampire story/halloween terms than
    The Vampire Diaries and Twilight...