True Blood Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on HBOIn Season

Official Season 6 Spoilers Thread (all discussion here)

TesserT

[1]Jul 3, 2012
    • level: 75
    HBO has officially renewed True Blood for Season 6. Lots of places on the web have the scoop.
    Edited on 10/05/2012 11:48am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

No1Slayerette

[2]Jul 4, 2012
    • level: 9

I have mixed feelings about this. It's good for the show, but for me personally it stopped being good a long while back. Maybe with Alan Ball leaving some fresh blood (pardon the pun) will come in and spice thingsup a bit, but I don't want to get my hopes up. I hope that when it does end the writers know heading into the last season that it will be the last, giving them the opportunity to tie things up (like Dexter).

Realistically though, how long can the show go on for??? I know they haven't followed the books too closely, but there are twelve books currently, with a thirteenth on the way. I haven't read them all myself, but do others that have think there's enough good material for future seasons? Maybe they'll wait until Charlene Harrishas finished the series and then decide how to work towards the end from there?

Personally, I can't see it going any longer than eight seasons. True Blood is currently HBO's longest running drama on air, and it's starting to show its age, as least critically anyway, against newer shows like Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire. By the end of its sixth season, presuming there's twelve episodes; True Blood will have 72 episodes. HBO's longest running drama to date is The Sopranos with six seasons and 86 episodes (unless you count Entourage which somehow managed eight seasons and 96 episodes). I just can't honestly see it surpassing that.

ElmoKajaky

[3]Jul 5, 2012
    • level: 8
    The show remains awesomely fun. No mixed feelings here. Let the blood continue to flow!

CharmedOneP391

[4]Jul 5, 2012
    • level: 19

I've got to say I think I could watch this show for many many seasons just because it's a great summer show.

The thing is, this show could go as long as 13 years, seeing as how that's the final book. Every season loosely follows each book. It has source material to draw from..and gets very good ratings. Doubt it'd be canceled unless it starts to dramatically decline in viewership.

tvtome_xena321

[5]Jul 21, 2012
    • level: 27
    Well 9 seasons would give the show 108 episodes. I doubt they can ever do more than 12 episodes, since each episode is long as it is, but they could extend the season to 16 episodes, an extra four more episodes and split the season into two story-arcs of 8 episodes adapting two books in one season easily. 13 years is way way too long, I doubt they can logical do it, all the actors will age, when the show itself hasn't barely covered 2 years over 5 seasons.

qtwanderer

[6]Aug 3, 2012
    • level: 27
    I hope its the shows' lasts. I can't see it lasting much more in terms of decent plots. I hope it ends so it could end before it gets to that dreaded point where a series becomes bad and it could have saved itself.

Wildtvfan85

[7]Aug 4, 2012
    • level: 3

qtwanderer wrote:
    I hope its the shows' lasts. I can't see it lasting much more in terms of decent plots. I hope it ends so it could end before it gets to that dreaded point where a series becomes bad and it could have saved itself.

Hopefully with the new showrunner who takes over in Season 6, will not let it go that way.. Being that this is true blood I don't see any of the plots being decent, it's not that type of show.. I wish they would stop with this terry smokemonster storyline it's been dragged out for too long and boring.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[8]Aug 6, 2012
    • level: 13
    True Blood has many dynamics to it. More dynamics then most other shows of its kind. This will always draw appeal from many different types of audiences. It's a little difficult to categorize this show for that same reason. Also, knowing that the storyline loosely follows "The Southern Vampire Mysteries" book series, written by Charlaine Harris, fans can read the books to look ahead and see what will probably happen. Seeing how the writers of the show will "loosely" follow the books and what additional twists they may add will always draw an audience. This show can go for many more seasons unless the writing just becomes horrible.

TesserT

[9]Jul 3, 2013
    • level: 75
    Deadline: Valarie Pettiford will join the cast for a two episode arc in late July.