True Blood Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on HBOBetween Seasons

Spoiler Thread for Discussing Books vs True Blood - all book discussions here

HMVincent

[141]Jun 20, 2009
    • level: 7
    Yes, it was Maryann who scratched Sookie, and that's been shown in one teaser for the show, in which Sookie leaves Bill's car in a huff, and Jessica tells Bill, "She wants you to go after her." Soon we see Sookie attacked, and Bill and Jessica hear Sookie screaming.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

amaryllis88

[142]Jun 21, 2009
    • level: 20
    HMVincent wrote:
    Yes, it was Maryann who scratched Sookie, and that's been shown in one teaser for the show, in which Sookie leaves Bill's car in a huff, and Jessica tells Bill, "She wants you to go after her." Soon we see Sookie attacked, and Bill and Jessica hear Sookie screaming.

I coulda sworn it was her, but I guess I was doubting my memory! lol Thanks for answering me HM, it's good to see you again too. I guess she must be in her beastly form to be out in the woods? I don't know where Alan wants to take MaryAnne, but he's sure taking us for one helluva ride!

marlily

[143]Jun 29, 2009
    • level: 5
    Glad I found this thread! I didnt want to ruin anything for those that haven't read the books! Okay .... so if Maryann is the one who scratched Daphne- which I think she was- when they spoke at Merlotte's, there seemed to be no recognition between the two. I assume Daphne wouldn't bc of the Maryann being in different form. But I got no feeling that Maryann recognized her at all. Anyone else have thoughts on this? Also..... I can not for the life of me remember the hog in the book???? Was it there or is this a series only thing?

tribalchic

[144]Jun 30, 2009
    • level: 17
    marlily wrote:
    Glad I found this thread! I didnt want to ruin anything for those that haven't read the books! Okay .... so if Maryann is the one who scratched Daphne- which I think she was- when they spoke at Merlotte's, there seemed to be no recognition between the two. I assume Daphne wouldn't bc of the Maryann being in different form. But I got no feeling that Maryann recognized her at all. Anyone else have thoughts on this? Also..... I can not for the life of me remember the hog in the book???? Was it there or is this a series only thing?

Yes. The hog was with Maryann in the book right before she scratched Sookie.

I also think your right about Daphne, since Maryann would have certainly noticed one of her past victims unless she was in a different form at the time.

DudeDeansMyBoy

[145]Jul 7, 2009
    • level: 8
    I have read all the books and watched the show from the beginning, and I love the books and I think the show is pretty good, though they really need to keep Eric as a good-guy, and not a crazed freak-o as they seem to be starting to turn him into, I also hope he and Sook do hook up, but I also hope Bill doesn't hurt Sookie as much as he did in the books, but I've already heard that the love-connection between the two will be shifting, but by watching the show and seeing the way that they have made Bill and Sook come together, she seems to like him even more then in the books, (if that's possible) of course that could also be because the actor's are dating in real life too. But that might make everything even worse on the character Sookie when everything comes out later on, (if it does with the way the show twist away from the books it might be something else that breaks them up) oh and if I could change one thing about the show it would be Jessica she gets on my nerves, they really didn't have to add her if you ask me. (oh and one thing I pray they leave out from the books is the trunk incident I really don't need to see that, reading it was enough) Just my thoughts

flubman

[146]Jul 9, 2009
    • level: 11

2 New Sneak Peeks

video

Kondix

[147]Jul 23, 2009
    • level: 11
    Hey guys, I got hooked up on the show with Season 1, now it seems, that they are prepping something, but it takes waaaay too long... how was this all in the books, couse I never read them... and I am getting worried more and more... couse up untill now I am not to happy with S2. I am really glad they did not kill Lafayette!

amaryllis88

[148]Jul 23, 2009
    Book 2 consisted mainly about the MaryAnne/Callisto storyline, as well as figuring out who killed LaFayette, and then Sookie's rendezvous in Dallas. It also went into detail about the Fellowship of the Sun stuff, and my memory is a bit fuzzy, but not sure if Claudine made an appearance yet or not.

It was all about doing some sort of tribute to Callisto so that she would leave Bon Temps, and I think Eric was part of it somehow, and Bill and Sookie, but don't remember how it all came together in the end. Of course Ball is taking free rein when it comes to telling the story on-screen, so it could be totally different from what happened in the books. For example, LaFayette is alive.

jjab73

[150]Jul 24, 2009
    • level: 9

Is anyone else having a WTF reaction to Jason and the whole FotS story line? Oh, and the way they have dragged out the MaryAnn story is driving me batty. I can actually deal w/ Jason's story, but I am sick to death of MaryAnn.

Other than that, I am actually enjoying the series and am very happy that Lafayette is still alive, though I wonder how long that will last. I am wondering if Eric has tasked Lafayette with the job of keeping an eye on Sookie while she is working, either to spy on her, or to protect her.

HMVincent

[151]Jul 24, 2009
    jjab73 wrote:
    Is anyone else having a WTF reaction to Jason and the whole FotS story line?

Yes.

jjab73 wrote:
    I am sick to death of MaryAnn.

Me too.

I hope they keep Lafayette, because that character is such an element in the show. As for protecting Sookie, I think Sookie would do a better job of protecting Lafayette than vice versa.

amaryllis88

[152]Jul 24, 2009
    jjab73 wrote:

Is anyone else having a WTF reaction to Jason and the whole FotS story line? Oh, and the way they have dragged out the MaryAnn story is driving me batty. I can actually deal w/ Jason's story, but I am sick to death of MaryAnn.

Other than that, I am actually enjoying the series and am very happy that Lafayette is still alive, though I wonder how long that will last. I am wondering if Eric has tasked Lafayette with the job of keeping an eye on Sookie while she is working, either to spy on her, or to protect her.

I think I preferred Jason having hot sex with multiple women than having him fall under the religious spell of the FoTS. It's screaming Waco Branch Davidian compound stuff to me, don't know if you recall that, or any kind of religious/cult-ish/sect of some sort, whatever it is. And Jason seems so naive, and so taken under the spell, his wide-eyed expressions and believing that there really is a "war" out there. I'm hoping he comes around...(sooner rather than later)

As far as MaryAnne, I'd like to know what her deal is, who/what she's after already, and find out how to make her stop or give up, or move onto another town. As much as she provides us with drama and stirs up the pot, so to speak, I'd like there to be something else at this point in the game.

marlily

[153]Jul 27, 2009

I honestly enjoy that the show is so different from the books. I am able to watch it with my husband without ruining things for him! There is really only a couple of things bugging me....

Did anyone else picture Sookie a little less patronizing in the books? She is driving me nuts! When I read the series, I adored her, but now.... not so much. Also, someone else mentioned the Eric change. I also hope they keep him as a "good guy".

Oh and I am over the Maryann thing. But I guess you can't have it all!

marlily

[154]Jul 27, 2009
    Oops, bad grammar. There are a few things bugging me me....

Tessaleonie

[155]Aug 5, 2009
    • level: 8

I don;t like the fact that in the show Eric calls Lorena to take care of bill, they shouldnt try so hard making bill a good guy and Eric an evil one.

lilifay

[156]Aug 10, 2009
    • level: 1

I like Eric the way he is right now. That way there's more room for further development of his character. But I honestly can't wait for Eric-Sookie-action, I can't believe this thing won't be happening anytime soon. Argh! But maybe they do speed it up a little bit? Since those early implications that Eric may want Sookie for himself are unique to the show. If I remember correctly, in the books it only began after Erics "accident".

ypomoni

[157]Aug 11, 2009
    • level: 13
    I haven't read the books, but in the promo I saw over at spoiler tv, Sookie is in bed with a guy, and he is not Bill! You can only see the guys hair, and he is a blonde.... the link to the promo is here: http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/08/true-blood-season-2-mid-season-sneak.html of course, promos can be misleading....

amaryllis88

[158]Aug 11, 2009

kanniball wrote:
    Did Bill ever comment on Sookie's blood tasting different? As to your suggestion, I've heard spoilers from book readers.

In the books, it's clearly mentioned that Sookie SMELLS differently, and it's mentioned by several vampires. Apparently she's part fairy, and that's what makes her irresistable to vampires.

Brakiri wrote:
    That part with Godric being held prison, but not being tied up with some nasty silver chains (or did he free himself before saving Sookie?), especially since Steve must have known how powerful he was, does not quite fit in. What does the book tell about that matter?

If I can recall, my memory is a lil bit fuzzy, but I think Godric willingly goes to the church so that he can meet the light, I don't remember whether he was captured, but he did go on his own accord.

Anybody else who'd like to respond go right ahead, some others' memory is a lot fresher than mine. lol

HMVincent

[159]Aug 12, 2009

IMDb says the character Godric is in one more episode, so perhaps he WILL "meet the light." Meanwhile, I admire how the actor Allan Hyde comes across as a mature being in the body of a boy.

I like Eric too, and Alexander Skarsgard who plays him, but I have some wishes. I wish AS would stand up straight and not bend his head so much - yeah, so he's tall, but he's wasting his height. In "Generation Kill" he did not stoop. I also get the horrible impression that he sounds like a young Walter Brennan. I saw "Meet John Doe" (1941) last weekend, and there was Brennan's distinctive voice. Eric should not have a squeaky voice.

kayliii

[160]Aug 12, 2009
    • level: 6
    amaryllis88 wrote:
    That part with Godric being held prison, but not being tied up with some nasty silver chains (or did he free himself before saving Sookie?), especially since Steve must have known how powerful he was, does not quite fit in. What does the book tell about that matter?

If I can recall, my memory is a lil bit fuzzy, but I think Godric willingly goes to the church so that he can meet the light, I don't remember whether he was captured, but he did go on his own accord.

Anybody else who'd like to respond go right ahead, some others' memory is a lot fresher than mine. lol

[/QUOTE] Yes I read the books not too long ago and Godric did go willingly because he was disgusted with how he led this life , but he still save Sookie because he didn't want her to die for him since he wanted to die in the sun.