True Blood

Gone, Gone, Gone

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Aug 12, 2012 on HBO

• A Real Struggle to get through

The 5th season is without a doubt the most disappointing and most boring season in its five year stint. I am really struggling to sit through The Authority storyline and concentrate as its just as stale as when they were introduced first time around. I think the character of Bill Compton has ran his course this season also. I wouldn't care if his character was killed off and that worries me as its making me think that the show is struggling to maintain its creative edge.

The best bits of this week's episode were Hoyt's departure to Alaska and Jessica making him forget. Lovely scene and the writing and acting were exceptional. Pam and Tara continue to make a fantastic duo, which is a good move for the show as Tara as a non vampire was starting to frustrate me as all her character ever did was get kidnapped and started moaning. Plus, I Iove Lafayette as his comedy timing is just genius.

Apart from that we have nuisance fairies who can't act (they shouldn't have brought them back into the show as they were boring in the third season as well as the authority who keep going on about that crap Lilith woman, who at the start could have been a fantastic bad guy for the season but instead, we get vampire apparitions and The Authority saying the same shit over and over again.

We get it, you want to serve Lilith and drink the fucker's blood. Move on!

Overall this season is a major letdown and its sad to see one of my favourite shows dwindle amongst too much uninteresting storylines and boring developments. What a shame. Im just hoping the show returns to form in its sixth season as this year has been a massive letdown.