True Blood

Gone, Gone, Gone

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Aug 12, 2012 on HBO

• Forget About It

Eric's failed attempt at escaping last week has fallout that results in techie Rebecca getting I-Staked by her own design and to his own imprisonment. Bill is fully convinced of the true power of Lilith at this point and tries to sway Eric to his side but Eric welcomes the true death much like Bill defiantly did back in Season 3 when he was at the mercy of Lorena, willing to die rather than admit his own wrongdoing. Nora stands up for Eric and gives him more of Lilith's blood and she does it with him. Together they witness Godric who says that Nora betrayed him and Lilith kills Godric, of course being what we presume to be the original vampire, and Eric consigns himself to the Authority's agenda and Lilith. Russell and Steve enjoy their new pet in Emma who is still in wolf form. Russell turns against Lilith's agenda because he still wishes to attain the power of daywalking. When Salome threatens that she can put Russell back he understandably throws her into a pillar saying that he is 3000 years old and can take on every last one of the Chancellors and win and he slips into a cool Eastern European accent and says that "I will have the sun" arguing that if the Japanese can synthesize vampire blood then they should be able to do it with fairy blood in much the same way. Russell flexing his muscles and dancing in the blood of co-eds with Steve make me love his character all the more and Denis O'Hare is infinitely watchable with his scenery chewing antics. Hoyt, having escaped the Obamas and the Dragon says he's taking a job in Alaska and asks Jessica to glamor him into forgetting he ever knew her as well as Jason so that he can start over. The Eternal Sunshine bit is terribly sad especially for Jessica who in some way will always care about Hoyt but she does as he asks and it delivers a truly heartbreaking scene that gave the episode a poignancy in hopefully getting rid of Hoyt and also giving a seemingly unnecessary secondary character a fitting goodbye. That and Jason pulling him over and saying goodbye without Jason knowing who he is a good character angle for Jason and Hoyt to end on good terms in a way. Anyway no Alcide this episode which made me sad as he is one of the remaining interesting aspects of the show. We watched a lot of vamps go pop more notably the new Area 5 sheriff Elijah. When told that pro-creation of vamps will have to up by 30 in the area in the next six months Pam says that she'll deal with the consequences and if necessary go on the run like she and Eric used to. With all 5 of the Tru Blood factories now done away with public fear is at a peak which makes Fangtasia less popular and Steve Newlin have to make ever more press appearances. Luna and Sam infiltrate the Authority compound as flies on the wall having found that Steve Newlin was making an appearance on a news program so they attempt to escape the compound with Emma in tow. Tara decides to stand and fight and when she pretends to kill Ginger because she couldn't stop from feeding she cuts off his head and Ginger stakes him cuz she was actually just holding her breath and Pam and Tara now stand in deep trouble if his death becomes discovered. Jessica is summoned to the Authority compound by Bill who commands her as her maker to go with the soldiers he sent. All of the Kingsguard that Jessica had from Bill's stint as King weren't getting paid and also split. Wen she arrives at the compound Bill tells her how he has embraced Lilith and he wants her to see the dawn of the age of the vampire overtaking of the human race. Jessica, no stranger to extremism (which is a theme this season no doubt) doesn't wholly buy into Bill's story. As Rebecca brought up and I agree as a person that the book of Lilith is 2000 years old and even if it's true the world changes over time so relying on ancient writings is asinine. Sookie looks into Gran telling her the key to learning who Warlow is is hidden under the bed. In a secret compartment she finds a page with glyphs on it and when she and Jason take it to get analyzed by a professor he says it's not human since none of the glyphs repeat which is a foundation for any written human language. So they take it to Claude and the other fairies and an Elder manages to translate the contract into readable text since it's a much older language than the Fae use even now. It says that Sookie's ancestor John Stackhouse promised his first fairy born female heir to a man named Warlow, now how this ties into the murder of her parents and why Warlow killed them without just taking Sookie is a mystery to me but hopefully this will be given more attention next week. With the Authority storyline providing ample allegory and entertainment it really uplifts the rest of the season this year above that of the last two since we have more of a definite arc and maybe a great payoff since True Blood isn't the best at delivering those. But as Alan Ball's last season and Vamp extremists all over the world turning against humans I hope we're in for quite a ride with only two episodes left.