True Blood

Life Matters

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Aug 11, 2013 on HBO

• Life Matters

The dancing around in the light was unbelievably lame, and while the funeral had some moments, it was unnecessarily long. They wrapped too many things up in this week, something the show has done in penultimate episodes in the past, something I don't particularly like.

Not bad, but not great.
  • A very good episode

Life matters indeed. Humans in a funeral, nothing talks more about how much life matters. And vampires releasing themselves into the sun. This was one of the best episodes that I can remember. There was humour too (that face of Sookie when Merlot remembered that Terry never missed a single working day) but it was also a more serious note, very according to the funeral theme anyways.
  • Low Expectations Met

Not sure why I watch anymore, but on a good note, I'm never disappointed since I expect so very little. Silly scenes throughout mainly for the sake of 'shock' or 'over the top' comic book value. But this kind of thing is so old hat in true blood that it makes me yawn.
  • Pretty good as always

Let first start off by saying that I cannot believe that jason let that woman live, I wanted her to die so bad lol. But it was a good show and bill got there just in time I thought eric was gonna be the one to save everyone, I liked that twist. That was a good funeral for Terry I will miss him a lot but I can't wait for the finale next week, I wonder how they're gonna end it?
  • Emancipation

Now that's a good episode. True Blood finally took a stance and said something after a long time of meandering. Yes, there were parts that were only for thematic purposes and were completely inconsistent. Yes we spent half the episode flashback happy with a secondary character you might have hated and should be dead and gone and forgotten three episodes on. But, it worked me in a way that this show hasn't worked for me in quite some time. The juxtaposition of Vamp Camp being eradicated by the savior Eric and seeing them desecrate their captors while paying homage to the series most innocent and "normal" character. Despite his overdue welcome Terry did display some of the most growth on this show. Bill's solution to saving those in the Sun Room was simplistic but effective especially the image of him being raised up like the messiah figure he has wanted to be all along. How long does Warlow's blood last for anyway? It's been days since he drank it, surely it would wear off after a while right? Also, Warlow has spent way too long in Faerie Land and while Sookie spent the whole episode at a funeral and effectively sidelined the flashbacks, courtesy of new showrunner and author Brian Buckner harkened back to the good ole' days of the show. A little on the nose was Big John's (never seen him before but welcome back Reverend Daniels and Tara's mom who make me realize just how small the Bon Temps community is) hymn while Bill saves the vamps in the run room and Sarah nearly gets killed by Jason (I wish he would've shot but I knew he wouldn't've). Also, goodbye Steve Newlin and Eric throat holding him while he proclaims his love for Jason in his last moments. Eric is right that Steve has always played a hand in the death of those he loves, from Godric nearly dying to Nora being Hep-Vd. Also, James seems a bit too perfect the way he offers himself up to Bill, even though he did save his life, and letting him live. Also, what is Lilith anyway? What is Bill's role in her agenda? This vagueness was ok last season because we thought it would carry over and be clarified this year but it only seems to make Bill unstakable and able to control Sookie's love interest. Also, will she follow through on her whole "should I be Warlow's?" thing? Anyway, this show had a lot to like. But the ambiguity of where Eric's going and leaving Pam behind remains a mystery and there are still a few things to tie up next week now that the Sun Roof has been opened and resolved. Also, if this had been the end of Bill I would've been completely ok with that. But at least they got rid of Steve Newlin, so there's that and hopefully the end of Sarah Newlin in terms of showing up and being a Big Bad from now on. The whole throwing of the Tru Blood against the buildings in the compound was a nice touch and of all places to show that vampires were mobilizing against the Hep-V distribution of the product why Honolulu? Just because it's close to Japan? They surely could've shown anywhere else in the world and wouldn't it be delivered more quickly to somewhere closer to Louisiana than this? And also how did the world vamp network know about it? It's not like we saw one of them pick up a phone or anything. I also would've liked to have seen a little more of those who had drank the infested Tru Blood beyond the one maker in this show stays in good hands for Season 7. Also, Alcide smells like man, who knew?
  • The funeral

Terry's funeral was supposed to be emotional and all but I just didn't feel it, it dragged too long I kept hoping for something shocking to happen apart from the obnoxious old racist bag. The rest was very good, loved how Bill saved the vampires from the sun, I also could have done without the screaming lady, forgot her name, but that is all she does. Jason not killing Sarah because he already has too much blood on his hands was a bit unrealistic too, but I guess they need a main villain to carry on in the season. 9/10
  • True Blood.

Saying goodbye to Terry, the funeral was quite sad when Lafayette and Sookie spoke about Terry and then Arlene's final goodbye. I was surprised about Alcide, i always knew he had feelings about Sookie, but its the Alcide i like. Back at Camp Truman, absolutely loved what Eric did and as for that scene where everyone feeding off Bill was fantastic. The only disappointment i have was Jason not killing Sarah when he had the chance and where did Eric go, when Pam said (Dont You Dare Leave Me). Just one last thing, from the preview of the last episode, not sure if Sookie becomes immortal. Why only 10 episode's this season. Fantastic Episode Again, This season has been very good. Thumbs Up.
  • A funeral and more funerals.

The humans - and selected were-people - of Bon Temp gather to celebrate the life of damaged soldier Terry Bellefleur, a man who fought for his country, a cousin scared to death he might just hurt other people, a fisherman who would only put back every fish he ever caught because life matters.

Oblivious to the butchery at the vampire compound, each neighbor gets to share memories of this rock that held Arlenne together, the first soul Lafayette was able to see eye to eye, the steady hand that made Portia feel safe on the swings as a child, a life worthy to be sang and praised and prayed for by a community that embraces such a rare opportunity to be human.