True Blood

Sunday 9:00 PM on HBO Premiered Sep 07, 2008 Returning June 22, 2014

TesserT

True Blood Fan Reviews (250)

• it shouldn't cancel

I just got into all of the true blood series and now i realize it only one more season then it cancel cause they have no more idea yet you never brought up a witch or a leprechaun come on think of more i didn't watch it just for out to get canceled
  • Season 6

I think the final episode is the best final for the show and it should be ended. great show
  • Love all season looking forward for the next season

Really looking forward for interesting new script for the next season ... Keep up the good work!!
  • season 6

I knew season 6 was gonna be short cause Sookies actress is pregnant but .. seriously. the show is dying for me. season 5 was worse season 6 was just a bump. cmon do better
  • Doesn't Get Much Better Than This

Want to be grossed out? Want to laugh out loud? Want to be engrossed by fantastical characters with their tongue's stuck firmly in their cheek? If so, then True Blood is for you. Vampires, Werewolves, Faeries... it's all ridiculous, in the best possible way.

I've watched all the episodes, which doesn't seem to be a prerequisite for some folk reviewing this show. I mean who reads 20 pages of a 200 page book and then reviews it? The show changes throughout the seasons, and season 6 is must-watch-TV, and has literally brought the show back to life. Season 7 can't come fast enough, that was a decent cliffhanger.
  • Radioactive

I like Radioactive music since i watch the HOST movie, and it came here in true blood, beautiful finale, cant wait SEASON 7..
  • fake much?!

OMG this show is by far the worst ive ever seen in my life !! 2 times i start watching and never get past season 1 episode 8 :D i mean what the hell!! fake acting ,bad music and worst screenplay eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer !!!

the episodes i watched i was LOLing the whole time ! ! and Sookie ?? seriously what kind of a name is that ?! hahahaha and even better stackhouse xD xD

is there anyone like me here or ya'll fangbangers :D :P
  • Had its time in (out?) of the Sun

Once upon a time this was a novel show. Somewhere along the way it morphed into a one-uppance contest. Now its just stupid. Watch the first few seasons and skip the rest..
  • Good show, don't like current season

Season 6 ... nothing makes sense, people keep making decisions with no reasoning behind it. Starts right away with writers deciding everyone will hate/fear bill from 1st second of season because he is supposedly super evil now no matter what he does/says and just goes downhill from there especially for sookie character. I didn't watch all episodes yet, but I hope they get better. Not saying it's all bad just a few decisions came off totally fake imo - otherwise the camp part of story/main plot I like.

Series as a whole is very good.
  • Social Twists on a cultural penom

I haven't watched the entire series: I'm only on the 4th Season. I've got nothing but admiration on this series playing against social norms. It constantly plays upon the morality of what it means to be human. The Vampires are given a choice: "Main Stream" or stand out. What is to be expected is that, much like life, the choice is not so black and white. Lines must be crossed in order to preserve either their own lives or the lives of the people close to them. It's a very dark take on the general aspects of would give this show a 10 rating, but the plot which starts out wide, complicated, and nail biting slows down drastically.

The first season blows open Sookie's peaceful, serene, southern life. Introducing Vampires, Murderers, Vampire Haters/Lovers, Voodoo, Shapeshifters and of course the wonderful Greek Mythos. Come the second season, Sookie has begun a strong, outspoken, vocal character not afraid to stand up to vampires.

@dougretter7 | Your post amuses me thoroughly. If you actually read between the lines of the entire "Christian" aspects of the show: The Church of Light. They are not representing Christian's as whole: period. They are the crazy fanatics; example would be Westboro Baptist Church. You must be Christian as your back goes up immediately in this case. The point of the contrast between the normal Christians "Hoyt" and "Sookie" is that nothing is EVER simple. They are perceived as 'stupid' in the show because they are meant to be compared with Vampires who are hundreds to thousands of years old: if you tried to match wits with anything that lived for thousands of years you'd look totally ignorant too.
  • Best Show Ever

Since the first season True Blood has always been interesting and in no way boring. Every single episode has had me chewing on my nails.
  • Stick to the books

I love True Blood when it started. The first season followed the books and hooked a lot of Charlaine Harris fans. Every season seemed to stray farther and farther from the books and now it is just ridiculous. Where has all the good television gone?
  • Vampires done right, but will it stay forever young?

I Had little to no interest in the vampire craze that was sweeping up this country, but gave it a chance, and it officially sunk it's teeth into me! Excellent cast that you end up caring about, high production value, and an entertaining take on vampire / werewolf lore. People complain about profanity and some pretty hot soft core scenes, but isn't that the point of HBO?? My only gripe is a common one; 1st season = 9.5, 2nd season = 10, 3rd Season 8.5, 4th season = 6.5, etc .... Are they running out of material? are they running short on ideas and uses for the characters? I'm not sure, but the show is steadily losing steam, and I hope they regain stability this upcoming season.
  • a great show

this is what a vampires should be, better then sparkly vampire shit
  • Have been through 4 seasons.

Things started out pretty reasonable and interesting; enough that I watched into four seasons. Good girl Sookie hooks up with a good vampire, undying love, faithful to each other; a decent love story with unusual problems. By Season 4 she's turned into a whore and he's an evil opportunistic "good" guy. Jessica and Hoyt, young kids deeply in love, working hard to make something good out of their situation; now she's a whore sleeping with Hoyt's best friend. Everyone is screwing everyone, what the heck, vampires using humans as tools and disposable sex objects, no real values anywhere; just people using people. No one, at any social level appears to possess any character or decency that doesn't at some place wallor into animalistic sex or treachery. If you removed the "F" word, you would have shortened the series by 2 hours. Someone would have to point out to me anything virtuous in the storyline. The whole thing is sick.

When it began, I would have given this a decent rating; however, this entire series has descended into one putrid morass of sex, drugs, lying, cheating, group sex, betrayal, blood and guts, foul language, and ruined, broken people. Did I miss anythingoh yeah, and mocking people of faith, specifically Christians, who are portrayed as moronic, hypocritical buffoons. What started out fairly decent turned into a piece of crap. I refuse to watch the rest.

• Need more

Can not wait till the next season!!!!!
  • Truu Blood

Scary, spooky, vampire show. I love the fact that humans are aware of the existance of vampires!! And also that's the way vampires should be.
  • true blood

I just got into watching true blood . I was so hooked on it. I started watching the first episode and couldn't stop watching it . I watch it from beginning to the last episode in 3 days. I didn't like how episode 5 went. I can't wait till season 6 comes I just hope it's alot better than the last one. Does anyone know when session 6 comes out? I love this show. Iam a true blood fan all the way

• Woah.

At first I thought, meh, another vampire show, but I was surprised that the first two episodes got me so hooked that I had to know what goes next. It has a different perspective, it doesn't necessarily has new story lines, nor great continuity but it's addicting and it's good at cliffhangers. Also, I live Sookie.
  • RE: Season 6

According to True Blood Wikia - Season 6 is due Summer 2013.

Charlaine Harris's new book Dead ever after is due out 7th May 2013!!
  • Season 6

I love True Blood, When is season 6 coming out?
  • fang me now!!!!!

Just keep maken seasons
  • My guilty pleasure

True blood defines how vampires are supposed to be, gore, violent and lack of content for humanity unlike the mushy stereotypes of other vampire shows. The earlier seasons 1-3 was great and among the best of but season 4 and 5 is a bit letdown but i hope it the new show runner returns it to its glory days.

My favourite characters are Eric, Jessica and Jason.
  • Season 5?

I am really disappointed with Season 5. Jason is suppoed to be a Werepanther, Tera does Not become a vampire, because later in one of the books she is pregnant. Can't be pregnant if you're dead. Just the entire seaso is wrong. Now they have Jason with some kind of psychological problem? This is not how I imagined Season 5. I Love True Blood, I always will, bu you guys have to do something.
  • Bloody Sexy Fun, Albeit a bit Preachy

True Blood is awesome. But it can get caught up in allegory (which led to the iffy fifth season).
  • Boring Season

5.5
    Season 5 was totally boring do the season it was not so good as i was accept so please find out what you gonna make better at season 6
  • True Blood...

ok True Blood is absolutely my Favorite Tv Show like Ever!

and i watch a Lot but nothing can Take True Blood as The No.1 Show From My List

but The Thing is Season 5 were Kinda a Weak Comparing to Season 3 and 4 besides for those who read the Books isn't Jason was suppose to become a Were-panther ?

well i am not complaining or anything but i believe they got so much to do in season 6 in order to fix all the drops which happened in Season 5
  • A little different...

I liked how the first couple of seasons followed the books in a general way... Sorta anyway... But these later seasons have sorta spun off track in a really unexpected way. Not bad, but just surprising.
  • still a great season

when i watched season 5 i will say i has to go all the way back to season 1 to understand it again.. when i did everything put season 5 into place still love the show can't wait for season 6
  • I love the show!

I loved this show. But I do admit, this season wasn't one of the best. It was a little boring at times, but when it did get interesting, it kept my on the edge of my seat. I still love the show regardless!
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9